Saving Savannah Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Finally when Marti parked Savannah turned around, "Are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Marti shrugged, not even really registering the question properly until she saw the look on Savannah's face. Then Marti smiled softly, gently reached out, placed her hand over Savannah's and said, "Don't worry, it's going to be fine."

Savannah smiled softly back, "You don't think your Mom will freak?"

"Oh she's totally going to freak. Like, nuclear levels of freakdom." Marti said with a smile on her face, although stopped herself midsentence and she saw how apprehensive Savannah looked, "But she'll calm down, think about it, and it will probably make a lot of sense. I know it does to me. Besides, she has no right to judge considering everything I've put up with looking after her for all these years, and more to the point she will definitely need more looking after in the future so trust me, if she has a problem with having a lesbian daughter that will only last until she needs yet another favour."

"Oh." Savannah murmured, not sounding convinced.

"Everything is going to be fine. Trust me." Marti reassured, "And you know what, you don't have to come in if you-"

"No." Savannah quickly cut her off, "You were there for me earlier, and I know it's a lot to ask but I really need you to be with me when I tell my Mom. So I'm coming, ok?"

"Ok." Marti murmured, avoiding the urge to make a dirty joke and simply adding, "But leave the talking to me. My Mom can be a handful, especially when she gets riled up. She can also end up saying a bunch of stuff she doesn't really mean, so if I ask, do you think you can leave? Not that I don't want you there, I do, I just don't want you to get caught in the crossfire, ok?"

"Ok, that's fine." Savannah muttered apprehensively, immediately missing Marti's hand as it let go of her own so the blonde could exit the car.

The brunette quickly followed suit and the two girls headed into the bar.

Wanda Perkins was easy enough to find, behind the bar as usual at this time of night, wondering back and forth as she took orders and poured drinks. In her element, Marti thought with a grumble.

For a few moments they just watched, neither girl exactly rushing to go over. Then when there was a lull in the traffic of drunks getting their fix Marti walked over, slipped behind the bar and tried to get her mother's attention. As always it was easier said than done.

"Mom... MOM!" Marti called out numerous times.

She got the usual excuses, "Just a second honey... two ticks... be with you in a minute..."

Finally Marti cried out in frustration, "I'M IN LOVE!"

That got her mother's attention just as Marti thought it would, the older woman quickly looking at her with wide-eyed joy before handing the final customers a beer each and telling them, "On the house."

With that Wanda grabbed hold of her daughter's hand and pretty much literally dragged her into the back, completely abandoning the bar. Savannah looked around for a few moments and then slowly followed the two blondes.

Of course the second they were out of sight Wanda started babbling, "Who is he? Tell me everything? How did you guys meet? Did he compliment your hair? Have you guys gone on a date yet? Have you had sex? Are you using protection? Oh, is it Dan? It's Dan isn't it! I always knew-"

"It's Savannah!" Marti blurted out, partly to just get it out and partly to shut her Mom up.

The latter of which was a roaring success for a few long seconds. Of course Savannah had chosen the moment her name was mentioned to appear, Wanda looking back and forth between the two girls for what felt like forever before finally murmuring, "What?"

"I'm, I'm in love with Savannah." Marti said, surprised how difficult it was to actually say the words. Luckily for her Savannah moved closer, giving Marti the chance to reach out and gently take her hand in hers. That gave Marti the strength to continue, "We're in love. Which I know is kind of crazy because we haven't known each other that long, but... it just kind of happened."

There was a long pause and then Wanda looked at the brunette, "Savannah honey, could you give us a minute."

Savannah looked at Marti, silently asking her what she wanted to do.

Marti wasn't exactly sure herself. Having Savannah there really, really helped, but she could tell her Mom was probably about to freak out and as she had said earlier she really didn't want Savannah to end up in the crossfire.

So Marti gently squeezed Savannah's hand and asked, "Would you mind? I swear I'll be right out."

"Sure." Savannah said, a little startled as Marti moved forwards to kiss her.

Sensing that was the case Marti change tactics, bringing Savannah's hand up to her lips and gently kissing it before letting it go. In response Savannah smiled, walked to the door and then with one final look over her shoulder left.

"Honey..." Wanda began the second Savannah was gone, although she struggled to find the right words, "I know it's easy to get caught up in experimentation, but-"

"God Mom I'm not experimenting!" Marti snapped angrily, "I'm not confused, or going through a phase, or whatever other bull shit you can think of. I'm gay! I like girls! I love Savannah!"

"Ok, ok, ok, don't get your panties in a bunch." Wanda said defensively while lifting her hands up in a sign she intended to mean no offence but she would later wonder if it came off a little patronising, "It's just not every day you learn you have a lesbian daughter."

"I know." Marti murmured, sort of feeling bad for snapping, although not sure she should be, "It's just... don't trivialise this, ok? Because I've never felt this way before about anyone."

Wanda frowned, "What about Dan?"

"What about him?" Marti glared.

"Nothing." Wanda said unconvincingly before adding, "It's just that... I kind of thought you two would end up together."

Again Marti was flawed. Had she really been the only one with no idea two very different people had been having feelings for her?

Taking a deep breath to calm herself Marti tried to explain, "Dan and I are just friends. That's all we are, that's all we've ever been."

"Please, he's been your boyfriend without benefits for years." Wanda said.

"Well now Savannah is my girlfriend with full benefits." Marti snapped, before again trying to calm herself, "Look, he's been my best friend for as long as I can remember and I care about him a lot, but I've never felt that way about him. Ever."

"Well he definitely feels that way about you." Wanda said, recalling an earlier conversation, "In fact he was just telling me how much he loved you and that he was going to do whatever it took to be with you."

"You talk to him? Today?" Marti questioned.

"Sure." Wanda smiled, "In fact I think he's still here... oh honey, you didn't come out to him, did you? Think what that could do to him."

Marti was only half listening as she was already at the door, her heart racing as she feared the worst. After all Dan hadn't been exactly in his right mind when she saw him earlier, and to combine that with alcohol was a dangerous mix. God dammit, why hadn't she taken two seconds to look around? Then again she had been so concentrated on her mother and the place was really quite crowded.

Opening the door Marti's worst fears were pretty much realised as she found Dan roughly pushing Savannah backwards as she tried to reach for his phone which he had pressed to his ear. The force of the push almost knocked Savannah off her feet and the brunette was crying almost hysterically.

"Please Dan, don't..." Savannah pleaded weakly.

"I warned you bitch." Dan spat, his finger ready to press the call button, "I warned you what would happen if you didn't do what I say..."

"Please!" Savannah wept.

"Fine, then do it." Dan ordered, "Break up with her and leave town. I don't ever want to see you again."

"What the hell is going on?" Marti yelled as she stomped over to them, not giving a damn that they now had the attention of pretty much everyone in the bar.

"Marti... I..." Dan said weakly.

"Get the hell away from her!" Marti screamed, pushing him away from Savannah.

Gritting his teeth Dan swallowed his anger and tried to calmly explain himself, "Look Marti, I'm trying to help you."

"Help me?" Marti fumed.

"Yeah, help you." Dan said, "You're about to make a mistake which will ruin both your lives. That's why I did what I did. Why I'm doing what I'm doing."

Turning to her girlfriend Marti asked, "What's he talking about?"

"I, I..." Savannah gulped and then stammered, "Dan, he... he threatened to tell my parents if, if I didn't break up with you."

When Marti looked at him with a terrifying rage Dan quickly added, "Because this whole thing is one big mistake. Marti, think about it. You're not like her. You're not some brain-damaged dyke slut, you're-"

A loud 'oh' erupted from the audience as Marti punched Dan square in the jaw.

She hadn't meant too. She was just totally blinded by rage and the next thing she knew she was punching him as hard as she could, almost as if it was some kind of natural reaction. A natural reaction which really hurt her hand, not that she really noticed it given what happened next.

Dan fell like a sack of bricks... or however that saying was supposed to go, Marti feeling momentarily proud, and then a little worried for his safety, then angry at him again.

For a few moments she just stared down at him. He didn't get up. Then someone she didn't recognise slowly reached down, checked his pulse and then said, "His fine. Just,erm, a little unconscious."

Then a more familiar voice murmured, "Wow, nice shot."

Turning to see her classmate Morgan Pepper Marti glared, "He had it coming."

"Sounds like." Morgan said as most of the crowd dispersed and went back to what was important to them, their drinks.

After a few moments of silence Marti said, "I'm gay by the way."

"Was that meant to be a secret?" Morgan asked nonchalantly, before quickly adding after a look Marti gave him, "But if you're on some kind of coming out crusade, good for you. And congratulations. I'm all for gay rights, particularly between two lovely ladies."

Ignoring her sort of friend somewhat sleazy smile Marti turned to see her mother staring at her in disbelief. Marti return that stare for a few moments, then move closer and softly said, "When he wakes up tell him I get it. Love can make you crazy. But... I just can't see his face again. Like, ever. So... tell him thanks for everything, but I never want to see him again."

With that Marti turned and left The Rat, Savannah only briefly hesitating before following her.

Once they were outside and almost to Marti's car the blonde turned around, tears in her eyes as she yelled, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I, I..." Savannah stammered.

"Is that why coming out to you was so important? Because of Dan?" Marti asked angrily, "Is that the only reason-"

"No." Savannah interrupted, "I just... I didn't tell you because I thought you might think that, but that's not true. I wanted to be with you because I love you... that's why I chose you and want to tell everyone. Yes, I want them to hear it from me, but that's because it's the right thing to do and apparently I don't have a lot of time to do it. I would have done it eventually, I swear, it's just... I need you to know I'm doing this first and foremost because I want to be with you, then because it's the right thing, with Dan's threat a distant third, ok?

"Ok." Marti said softly, moving forward to whisper, "I, I didn't mean to yell, I just-."

"It's ok." Savannah interrupted, "I just... I really wanted to tell everyone. I did. It's just... a lot, you know? But, I... I want this. I would have probably preferred not doing it all at once, but it's better this way. I wasn't lying before, I really do just want to get this over with, because it's killing me Marti. It was always killing me. Feeling like... like I was lying to everyone, and who I really am is wrong, and disgusting, and... sinful... and you saved me. You saved me from that. Don't you understand? You saved me. That is why I choose you. Why I will always choose you. I, I love you and I want to be with you. Everyone in my life who matters should know that, you know?"

"I know." Marti said softly, gently embracing a now weeping Savannah, "I love you too. And I will always, always choose you. No matter what the choice is, it's always going to be you."

For a while Marti just held the other girl, then she noticed her mother was again standing just a few feet away from them.

Gently pulling back Marti cup the back of Savannah's head with both hands, rested her forehead against the other girl's and softly said, "Go wait in the car. Please? I promise I'll just be a second, then we can go up to your parents and get everything out in the open. Then we can be officially together. Ok?"

"Ok." Savannah smiled softly, the two girls briefly kissing before disentangling themselves. Savannah briefly looked over her shoulder at Marti and then Wanda, silently prayed and then got into the car.

Meanwhile Marti had walked over to her Mom and defensively asked, "What?"

After a few seconds Wanda murmured, "You really do love her, don't you?"

"It's what I've been trying to tell you." Marti huffed indignantly.

There was a longer pause and then Wanda said, "Look honey... this might take a little getting used to for me... but, I love you. You're my baby girl, no matter what."

This sudden 180 really took Marti off guard, but after a few seconds she supposed it wasn't totally 180. Her Mom drove her crazy and made her life really difficult sometimes, but Marti never doubted that Wanda loved her and was always trying to do right by her, no matter how disastrous the results might be. Of course there had been some doubt whether her Mom would even try and be ok with the gay thing, and now it seemed that she was going to try Marti felt more relieved than she could have ever imagined. In fact it totally took her by surprise how much her Mom's opinion seemed to matter to her, Marti immediately feeling embarrassed as a tear of relief and even happiness threatened to fall from her right eye.

Then of course her Mom had to ruin the moment, "Besides, Savannah seems like a nice girl. You could do a lot worse... and you won't get pregnant before you're ready. But if this really is permanent I still totally want grandkids somehow, even if I have to inseminate you myself. Or maybe it would be better if Savannah was your baby Mama. That girl seems like she'd make a good Mom, and that way you can concentrate on your career. I mean, you're all tough and butch, so she's got to be the girl in the relationship, right? I mean, I know you're both girls, but-"

"Mom!" Marti quickly cut her off before murmuring, "I... I love you too."

The two of them exchanged a smile, then a hug, then Wanda said, "I'm going to lock Dan in the storeroom and take his phone so he won't be able to bother you. And when he wakes up I'll be sure to tell him everything you said and something from me about how if he comes near you again I'll make sure he won't be having any children."

"Thanks Mom." Marti said softly.

"I mean, the things he said..." Wanda murmured, "I didn't think he had that in him."

"I don't know, I kind of get it." Marti said, looking over at Savannah who was watching them from the car, "Love can make you do just about anything."

*

After one more brief, awkward hug Marti said goodbye to her Mom, got into her car and headed off to the place Marti least wanted to be in the entire world.

She'd met Savannah's Mom only in passing but she had certainly lived up to her reputation, and while the stuck up bitch could say anything she wanted about Marti and the blonde wouldn't care she feared what the older woman might say to Savannah. Marti was also worried what she might do if Savannah's mother hurt her. Of course that was just it, it was all but guaranteed that Savannah's mother would hurt her, that she would use her words to cut into Savannah and break her heart worse then she'd ever done before, which apparently was really saying something. And Marti couldn't stop it, and worse she wasn't sure she could trust herself not to lash out at anyone who hurt Savannah which wouldn't help matters. After all punching Dan was one thing, attacking her girlfriend's mother was something else entirely.

It really didn't help that again the two girls barely said a word to each other, Savannah clearly envisioning what was about to happen over and over again and there wasn't a damn thing Marti could think to say to make her feel better and honestly Marti hated herself for that. All she could do was ask for directions, Savannah mumbling her replies until finally she said, "Stop here."

After parking outside of the house which was at least four times the size of the biggest place Marti had ever lived there was a moment of silence. Then Marti turned to Savannah and asked, "Is... is there anything I can do? Anything I can say? Because if there is just tell me, and I'll do it."

Savannah smiled, "Just leave the talking to me."

"Are you sure?" Marti asked, "Because I could just go in there and-"

"No! They have to hear it from me." Savannah said firmly, before squeezing Marti's hand, "But having you here with me... it means everything. Ok?"

"Ok." Marti murmured and with that they slowly headed towards the door, the walk, much like the drive, feeling like it took forever and yet only seconds.

It was the same story with the wait between ringing the doorbell and someone answering it, both cheerleaders almost relieved when the door finally opened to reveal their Cyclone rival/Savannah's sister Charlotte.

Looking at the grim looks on their faces Charlotte frowned, "Who died?"

"Is, is Mom and Dad here?" Savannah asked politely.

"Yeah, why?" Charlotte asked.

"I, I need to talk to them. To all of you." Savannah said softly.

"Ok." Charlotte murmured, somewhat worried by Savannah's tone.

Moving aside Charlotte allowed the two Hellcats to enter her home, closed the door behind them and let them into the main room where Parker and Layne Monroe were sitting together on their sofa silently reading.

Although they looked up simultaneously it was Savannah's father who spoke first, a brief smile crossing his face before quickly pushing it away, "Savannah."

"Savannah..." Layne Monroe murmured with noticeably less enthusiasm than her husband, "To what do we owe this unexpected visit?"

Savannah took a deep breath and then sat down in the chair opposite to her parents and said, "I... I have something to tell you."

When her sister glanced at her Charlotte took the hint and slowly moved over to where her parents were sitting, the three of them now looking at Savannah expectantly in a way which made the nervous brunette feel as if her throat was about to literally close up.

"Well spitted out child." Layne demanded after a few long seconds.

Savannah gulped softly, took another deep breath and said, "I... I... I want you to know that I love you. That, that I love you all. And I'm so grateful. For everything you taught me, for everything you gave me... I... I don't know who I would be if it wasn't for you. Mom, Dad, you gave me something to believe in. Taught me right from wrong. Gave me goals to strive too. And Charlotte, I know we haven't always gotten along, but when I look back what I most remember is us playing together when we were little, and sharing secrets, and just all those times we were there for each other. And even after everything, I still feel if I really needed you, you'd be there for me. I know I'll be there for you, no matter what happens. I really want you to know that Char."

"Savannah, honey, what's wrong?" Parker asked, becoming extremely worried by his daughter's tone, "Are you in trouble? Sick? Do you need money?"