Savior, Alpha Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spring had improved everyone's moods. They could get out again and run around. The children were growing. And Ethan was starting to drive Anne a little nuts.

As if he were trying to make up for his absences during the previous two pregnancies, he was immersing himself totally, touching her, holding her, being overly helpful.

The others watched with some amusement.

***

She ran off one day, just to get away for a little while.

"Where'd Anne get to?"

Lorna took him by the arm. "Ethan, I think she wanted to get away by herself for a little while."

"Oh. OK." He looked at her. "Really? She didn't tell me."

Beth stepped up. "I think that was the point. You haven't been letting her breathe, Ethan. I know you haven't had a chance to have the whole experience before but, like anyone else, she needs some time to herself, now and again."

"You know how she is. Strong, independent. She'll be happier if you back off just a little bit."

"Why didn't she say something?"

"She has, Ethan. You just haven't heard her."

He thought back. She had seemed a little bit irritated lately but he figured that was because of her expanding waistline. There were a couple of times she scowled at him when he brought her a dinnerplate. She had also literally said something about having some time to herself. Actually, the last time he had come up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist she growled at him. He dropped his head and shook it slightly.

"OK. I get it. Could somebody kick me if I start really pissing her off?"

Beth laughed. "You're lucky you didn't have to go through her first couple. She was really moody, really aggravated. She would have taken your head off by now. Devon was all over her when she was carrying Eddy and one day she just went off on him. Screamed at him for 10 solid minutes."

***

Anne returned. He welcomed her back with a quick kiss and a brief caress of her belly. He then stepped back. "Did you enjoy your run?"

"Yes, I did."

"Good. Did you find a nice place to relax?"

"I did."

"Good. The kids are over the ridge." He turned.

"Ethan?" He turned back and she kissed him, then sat under a tree in the yard.

He went to one of the outbuildings to work on something and gusted a big sigh. He'd just love to hold her, feel the baby move. He couldn't get enough of it. It was magical. But it was driving her nuts. He had to try and restrain himself.

***

He wasn't sure about going into town this year. Maybe for a short while to check on some things. But he didn't intend to miss the birth of their latest child.

He managed to give her some time to herself, it helped that Beth would give him a look from time to time.

At night it was different. She would curl up and he would spoon up behind her and hold her, feel the baby move, and inhale her scent. He knew she was his and that he loved her more than life. He was surprised how warm she was, just radiating heat. It was so weird. It was so wonderful.

*****

It was just after the next new moon meeting, when she was now showing, that the plan was hatched.

It aggravated him mightily that she thought she was in charge, and that Ethan would allow it. Ethan had been groomed to be Alpha, and had given it up, twice. Once by walking away from his pack, and now, this. Something had to be done to bring them back into line.

They said she had actually killed a couple of challengers already so he had to figure out an alternate plan. She was pregnant, again, which should make it easier, but it wouldn't hurt to have some additional help.

He started assembling his group.

It was a few days later that the plan had crystallized. He talked to a couple of friends, and a couple of the others. He lied, he promised, he cajoled. 'No, Ethan probably killed the challengers.' 'Yes, there are four women there.' 'Yea, you can be my Beta.' 'Yea, I'll be your Beta.'

12