Savior, Alpha Ch. 04

Story Info
Attack at the McKenna compound.
5.8k words
4.78
7.3k
11

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/31/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers

Dear Readers,

so sorry about the delay but life has been hectic and has gotten in the way lately. Story is done, I just need to get it all on the site.

Happy Reading,

KemMyst

***************************

The Attack

The five of them headed out one sunny morning. They took their time, wanting to be fresh for the fight. They worked carefully through the McKenna range, skirting a bit wide to avoid detection. They rested again, just inside the Winters range.

Luke knew where the Palin compound was and led them off in that direction. Circling downwind, they waited and watched for a while. There were three adults and three pups. Ryan pointed out his brother and Anne. The third adult was a thin, pale blond female. Probably fun to play with but certainly no threat.

The women were apparently watching the pups while working on a hide. Ethan walked around the main cabin to one of the outbuildings.

Ryan shifted to give last minute instructions. "OK, Thomas and I will hold him. Luke, I want you, Gerry, and Bobby to circle her and the other female. Remember, you can't all go after her at once. I want this to look like a normal challenge. Ready, Gerry?"

Gerry took a deep breath and nodded.

Ryan took one last look. "OK, men, now."

They rose and rushed into the yard as Ethan came back around the cabin.

Lorna's nose went up. "Anne!"

Anne saw the attackers. "Lorna, take the children. Go!" Lorna shifted and called an alert.

Anne watched three wolves advance on her while two men grabbed Ethan. He managed to land one punch before they forced him to the ground. Lorna was leading the pups around the hill at full speed. Ethan yelled. "Evan. Now!" Evan veered off in another direction.

One of the wolves gave brief chase before being called back. "Leave them! Let's do what we came here to do."

Anne, now wolf, looked at the three wolves facing her, and the two holding Ethan down. As Alpha, this had become her worst fear. An attack on her while she was pregnant and this was a planned, concerted attack on the pack.

She braced herself for the first strike.

Ethan struggled against the men holding him and realized who one of them was. "Ryan?"

"Yes, Ethan, it's me."

*****

Evan took off. He glanced back once, seeing his mother facing off three males, and his father being held down by two more. He had to get to the compound where his eldest brother led the McKenna pack and bring back help.

Evan was now five, and running as fast as his legs could carry him towards the compound where his eldest brother lived, and led. Although he'd been there before, this was the first time he'd had to go alone.

He'd seen his mother challenged before, seen her hurt, and seen her kill one of them. But, his father had taken him aside last year, and talked to him about the difference between their pack, the Winters pack, and all the others. None of the other packs had a female leader, the Alphas were all male and, while their mates were considered 'Alpha' as well, the female was considered subordinate to her mate, as well as his Beta. The other packs, much of the council, were unhappy with her being allowed to lead the pack. In fact, the council didn't recognize her as Alpha, they considered Ethan the Winters pack Alpha.

However, the fact that the pack considered her Alpha meant more challenges than any male Alpha would ever see. In fact, many never were challenged during their lifetimes. But, many would think it would be easy to kill a female, and gain a pack of their own. Evan knew she had already fought off four challengers, killing three of them. This was not a challenge. This was an outright assassination attempt. He had to get to Callum.

*****

Ethan, held down but facing the fight, struggled against his captors and watched in horror the three wolves facing his pregnant wife. "Why are you doing this, Ryan?"

"You don't even see what an abomination this is, do you, brother? She's a human female. And you're letting her lead the pack. You were soft when you left us, and you obviously grew softer still with the humans."

"If you kill her you'd better kill me too because I will hunt you down myself for this." Ethan struggled again, arms held behind him, face mashed into the dirt.

"Watch then, because she won't last this day." Ryan leaned down to whisper in his older brother's ear. "You don't scare me. Mmm, maybe I can get a taste of her, before she dies. See why my big brother's lost his bite."

*****

Lorna ran, with the pups, to the cave Rose had stumbled into. Ordered to take the pups and hide, she'd had all three with her until she heard Ethan's call and Evan veered off on some mission known only to them. She hoped someone was getting help.

*****

Anne faced off the three challengers. Thankfully, two sat on their haunches while the third approached her.

She had dreaded the possibility of this day and it had now come as her worst nightmare. Men of the Matlin pack. And she was more than halfway through the pregnancy. Thankfully, she wasn't at the ungainly stage yet, nor was her little girl so big that she had trouble breathing.

Lorna had gotten the children away. But she wasn't sure where Emily, Beth, and Nick were. They were holding Ethan down; would they kill him, too?

She shook her head. There was no time for any of this; she had to think of the fight.

*****

Evan was running and starting to feel a bit tired. He still had a long way to go. But he couldn't stop, couldn't slow. He had to get help.

*****

Ethan watched fearfully, cursing, struggling, as a younger male approached Anne. The other two were sitting and watching. Why the young one? Why didn't Ryan challenge her?

The young male was tentative, circling but not attacking. Anne was watching him, turning with him. He was confused, sniffing and shaking his head. Ah, he'd caught her scent. Ethan watched as the young male's cock started to drip.

"Why now Ryan? Why didn't you do this last year? Or the year before?"

Ryan sneered at him. "They get so tired when they're pregnant."

"So that's it. You figure she'll be easier to kill now." Ryan nodded. "Didn't count on a mother's instinct to protect her children? She'll fight harder now." Secretly, however, he feared the more for her. The extra weight, the instinct to protect the baby would change her tactics, and probably put her at a disadvantage.

The young male had made a run at her. She sidestepped and caught him along the flank. He yelped, licked his wound, and rushed her again. She moved aside but he caught her tail as it swept by. She yelped and turned. He let go to leap at her side. She rolled, and kicked him in the belly. He yowled as claws caught him in the soft flesh. She came up quickly and tore at his throat. Down, dead, she looked at him and backed off, looking at the other two.

The larger of the two wolves now stepped forward. Oh, he was big. And a second challenge was issued.

*****

Lorna was almost there with the children. Although Rose didn't want to do it, Lorna prodded her into the stream, to make it more difficult for the attackers to follow them.

And then what? After she got Grant and Rose to safety, what should she do?

*****

Beth and Nick had gone off to a little glen towards the outskirts of the range and were enjoying some time alone together.

Emily was out scouting for some wildflowers, both for the medicines they might provide, and to bring some pretty ones to the table.

*****

Anne watched as the large male came forward to challenge her. That was it. The challenges were a pretense. They wanted her dead. They would keep coming until they had killed her. There was no way she could take five. No, wait, they'd have to let Ethan go at some point. No, they'd probably kill him, then her. And, what about the children?

Could she last that long? She'd never fought more than one at a time before. If she was killed would Beth be able to take the baby? No, it was too early. She'd never survive.

Fight. She had to fight to keep them both alive.

He was big, and slow. But, if he managed to knock her down, she would be done. Anne was much faster than the other wolves; this was to her advantage.

He came at her. She waited until he was committed and skipped away. She turned to watch him. He stopped, turned, and growled at her. She stood her ground. He came at her again and again she sidestepped him. He kept repeating the same maneuver, running at her, stopping after she got out of his way, turning, and coming at her again. He obviously wasn't very smart. All she probably had to do with this one was let him wear himself out. The growl continued to rumble in his chest.

*****

Evan was getting closer now and started barking an alert. He could see the compound; he was almost there! Where were they? He had to tell them. He continued barking, louder, closer.

Finally, some of the pack members came out, looking his way, for the source of the alert. Sean and Sandra, with their baby, got to him first.

"Evan? Evan, what's going on?"

Evan shifted, panting. "They're gonna kill mama."

"It's just a challenge, Evan." Evan shook his head.

"Did somebody send you here?" Evan nodded.

"Daddy. They're holding him down."

Sandra yelled. "Callum! Eddy!"

Everyone started boiling out of the cabin. Callum and Eddy hurried up. "What's happening?"

"Evan says someone's out to kill Mom. He said they're holding Ethan down."

Callum looked at Evan. "Is that true?"

Evan nodded. "Daddy told me this might happen, and to come here."

Sam started off. "I'm getting the truck."

"How many, Evan?"

"Five."

Eddy looked to Callum. "This is no challenge. Evan's right. They want her dead."

*****

Ethan twisted, trying to watch what was going on with Anne and the big male. Ryan saw something that had him yanking his brother's head to one side. "Ethan! What is this?! You let her mark you?!"

His face in the dirt, twisted painfully, Ethan replied. "We marked each other, Ryan. She carries my mark on her neck. I carry hers."

Ryan threw his head back in laughter. "You coward. I bet you didn't even object. I'm glad you didn't stay. You're a humiliation to our pack, to the council, to werewolves."

"You're the coward, Ryan. To attack my mate, now. And you haven't faced her yet, you've only sent your lackeys in. Just because you think women are only here to satisfy your needs and produce your heirs doesn't mean that's all they're capable of. She's strong. She's smart."

"She's human!" Ryan watched Anne sidestep the big male again and looked down at Ethan. "You sorry excuse for a man." He dragged Ethan around again so he could watch the fight.

"Human or not, she's my mate and a fine leader." Ethan watched Anne, wearing down the second male. He was slowing down. Ethan smiled. "She's already killed one of them and it doesn't look like this one is going to last much longer."

Ryan turned again to look, growling. The big male was eyeing Anne, panting.

He came at her one more time and tripped over his own feet. She pounced, teeth at his throat. Unfortunately, as big as he was, she was having trouble getting purchase. He shook his head and the skin on his neck ripped from her teeth. He shook his head again, rumbling, and she lost her grip. She went back and clamped her jaws around his neck. Chewing, working, she was having trouble getting to the blood vessels.

He shifted, got his feet under him, and stood, dragging her beneath him. She pulled her rear legs over her belly, protecting both herself and the baby.

Then, thinking quickly, she kicked at his underbelly, leaving bloody scratches. As he started to turn and he roared, she let go of his neck and bit the inside of his rear leg, slashing open the femoral artery. Blood splashed her muzzle as he took three steps forward and fell. He did not get back up.

She got to her feet, tired, and faced the third male. This was no youngster. She now faced a battle scarred veteran. As he looked at her, she saw her death in his eyes.

*****

Lorna got to the cave with Rose and Grant. She sniffed first, making sure nothing or no one was inside, then shoved the pups in. She followed and got them all into the second chamber.

The pack now considered this place a refuge of sorts and had stocked it with some supplies. Lorna unrolled a hide and had them all sit on it, after getting Grant something to eat.

"How long do we have to stay here, Lorna?"

"I don't know, Rose. Someone will come for us when it's over."

"Will mama and daddy be alright?"

"I hope so, baby."

*****

Emily was returning from her little trip carrying both flowers and a supply of wild onions.

Coming to the hill overlooking the compound she heard noises, strange noises, and smelled blood.

Afraid of what might have happened, she dropped everything and snuck behind some bushes so she could find out what was going on. Poking her muzzle out of a greening shrub, she looked down at the compound.

The first thing she saw is Ethan being held down by two men. Naked, they must be wolves from another pack. A little further and she saw not one, but two, dead wolves. A puddle of blood laid beneath the neck of one of them and behind the back end of the other. Anne was facing down a lean, older male.

There was no sign of Lorna, her parents, or the pups. Hopefully, they'd gotten away or had been out of range when this began.

What should she do now? Go for help? This looked like it had been going on for a while, so she was going to assume someone already had. What else could she do? She was no fighter and a challenge was a challenge. But, something was wrong with this one, or they wouldn't be holding Ethan down. She'd never heard of such a thing in her life. Who were they?

*****

The day had been pleasant and Beth and Nick had enjoyed an afternoon alone, but it was getting time to get back to the compound. They had discussed having another child and had made some inroads in that direction that afternoon. As they walked back to the compound, Nick tucked a flower behind her ear and kissed her.

"You're as beautiful as the day we mated, baby. I love you." His hand strayed downward from her waist as his mouth did from hers.

"Nick, what in the world? Oh, not that I mind, but it's not like Anne's peaking again."

"No, but it's spring, and I just love to love my beautiful wife. We've still got time before dinner." His hands stopped any further protest.

Two down

Anne watched, a bit regretfully, as the poor dumb brute that had faced her fell into the dirt. She then got up, and looked at the third male.

She was tired, but there was no rest for her yet. She had to fight at least one more. He had been watching her as she fought, so he now had a good idea of what she was capable of, but she knew nothing about him. She was now at a serious disadvantage. He was older, experienced, and rested. She was tired, pregnant, and smaller.

The fighting had dispersed more of her scent around the area and he inhaled deeply. They each looked at the other. He shifted.

"Would you like a drink, little one? A rest, before I kill you?" Lean, almost rangy, his body was crisscrossed with scars.

Anne, still in wolf form, shook her head. She was standing off to one side of the area.

As he shifted back, a stream of urine ran down her leg. This was a somewhat calculated move, even though she really did have to pee. Let him think that he scared her that much. He did frighten her, certainly, but it also put more of her scent out.

He flashed a big wolf grin as he got ready to make his challenge.

*****

Ethan and Ryan listened to the exchange as they watched. The fact that she had pissed herself made him reconsider the next move. "Luke!" Both Anne and the male turned to look. "Stand down. Come here and hold onto him."

Luke growled, but shifted to human and walked over. The third remaining male moved a little.

Ethan erupted, trying to free himself from his captors, but was quickly brought back under control. "If you kill them, Ryan..."

Ryan turned to look at his brother. "Them?"

"My wife and my baby. You knew that. You said as much. Do you hate me that much?"

"Ah, yes, well. Survival of the fittest, brother."

Anne was sitting, panting slightly, and watching them. Brother. This was one of Ethan's brothers, and he had obviously called the other male off so that he could challenge her himself. He doubtless knew one of the other two she had killed would have been easy to overthrow, that was why they were chosen for this attack. That other male, Luke, however...

Ethan was now held down by Luke and the fifth male. He saw Anne's brown eyes flick from him, to Ryan, and back. She'd heard everything. He called to her as Ryan approached, "Anne! This is a challenge, like any other. He intends to kill you." Ryan turned back once, to growl at Ethan. At the top of his lungs he screamed, "THIS IS MY FATHER, REBORN!"

They both startled at the volume and the words. Luke mashed Ethan's face back into the dirt and roughly yanked him around again, so that he could watch the fight.

"By the way, Ethan, Maryann sends her regards." Ryan looked at Anne as he came closer. "I'm going to kill you, you smug, self righteous, human cunt!" He snarled as he turned, launching himself at her.

*****

Callum, Eddy, Colin, Sean, Sam, and William took off in the truck, headed for the Winters compound. They would park nearby and be there, fresh, for the fight, assuming there still was one. In the time it had taken Evan to reach them both Ethan and Anne could easily have been killed.

They had left Evan at the McKenna compound, frantic, trembling. He had wanted to come back with them but Callum had put his foot down. Evan could have disobeyed, as Callum was not his Alpha, but this was his big brother and he was so tired.

Alicia and Gwen had collected him, got him something to eat and drink. They then set him loose with the other pups.

*****

Emily had been watching, trying to figure out how to help. She was no match for the males below. Anne had apparently killed the two already dead.

She circled the compound, if Ethan could get free... That was it! She had to do something that would get one or both of the males off Ethan.

She heard snatched of conversation, the yell for Luke. Then, a little later, Ethan's call to Anne. 'My father, reborn.' These were Matlin males.

*****

Beth sighed as her husband offered her a hand up from the grass. "I guess we should get back..."

Nick kissed her. "...before they decide we got lost."

Hand in hand, they walked back towards the Winters compound.

*****

Anne caught the bunch in his muscles just before the leap, and skittered away.

His burst of energy had carried him a little farther from her and he now turned, and issued his challenge.

Anne looked at him, pulling all memories of Ian Matlin back. He certainly did resemble Ian, although his scent, of course, was different. Reverberations of Ian Matlin's psyche remained on this earth, with the intent to kill her. The bastard that had started to rape her. The depraved monster that had taken her baby girl. The feeling grew in her and her eyes started to lose their liquid brown coloration. Lightening. Shifting.

Ryan was astonished to see her eyes changing color, turning amber, glowing, as if there were a fire inside her. Or a demon. It stopped him momentarily.

*****

Ethan watched Ryan rush at Anne in utter horror. Ryan was bigger, seasoned, and fresh. He had given Anne a burst of inspiration, of strength, to counter him. But how long would it hold? She had already fought and killed two and he knew she was tired. Who wouldn't be after that?

Had Evan been able to get to the McKenna compound? Would they believe him? Was help coming?

Head on, Ryan and Anne were grappling, mouths wide, snarling and snapping. They broke apart, closed, and broke apart again. Ryan had a tear on the right side of his face, Anne at her right chin. She moved as he rushed her, and yelped as he opened a long gouge along her left side. "NO!" Ryan flinched and Anne, ignoring Ethan's cry, left a gash in Ryan's flank. He roared. Now seeing red, he backed a bit, then came at her, knocking her down and going for her throat.

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers
12