Scales like Stars Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi!" the boy's tie said.

"This is Brash," Merton said.

Finley fainted.

Relix looked at Merton. "Is that normal?"

"Merton! Merton!" Merton's tie started to wriggle.

"Yes, Brash, I know, you're very cute," Merton said. But before Sophie could ask any questions, the voice from the tie spoke up again.

"No! I'm detecting something!" The voice said. "To the that way!" The tie flopped up and aimed to the east. All of them turned – save for Finley, who remained unconscious. Both Sophie and Merton lifted binoculars to their eyes, though Sophie had no idea where he had gotten his from, considering they seemed to have appeared from literally nowhere.

Looking through the binoculars, Sophie could see a pair of black dots coming from the coastline. Merton hissed.

"Two Osprey. But I don't see United States symbols on them."

"There shouldn't be any military craft within a hundred kilometers of Antarctica!" Sophie growled, lowering the binoculars.

"Well, this is all to the good!" Relix said, scoffing quietly. "I need to speak to your military anyway."

The two VTOL craft came closer and closer, rushing forward at max speed. As they swelled, Merton licked his lips.

"Should we take cover?" Sophie whispered.

"Nah. She's a dragon and I'm wearing a dragon. Nothing on those two things can touch-" Merton started.

The Osprey swerved to the side, revealing their opened bay windows. A heavy, mounted weapon thrust from each side, like the machine guns on a helicopter. Before Merton could finish the sentence, a crackling net of blue light flew out, wrapped around his body, and started to surge with electricity, knocking him flat on his ass. Relix sprawled a moment later, also wrapped up tight as the two VTOLs hovered overhead.

Soldiers slid down ropes – dressed in heavy, unfamiliar armor.

Sophie stammered. "Who are you!?"

A woman wearing a slightly lighter vest and helmet, with a broad Japanese flag painted across her back, thumped down. "Lt. Kisogawa!" she shouted over the roar of the helicopter blades. "I'm going to have to ask you to come with us, Doctor."

"We've got the two X-rays secured!" one of the men shouted.

Lt. Kisogawa looked at Sophie.

"W-Who?" Sophie asked.

Lt. Kisogawa chuckled. "Two hours ago, this would be a secret we'd kill to protect. But the Council just rescinded the omega level protocols...so..." She shrugged. "You're looking at the second squad of the Dragon Combat Unit. Or..." She grinned. "D-Com."

The two dragons were hoisted up onto one VTOL. The other took Dr. Sophie.

Both banked towards the east.

TO BE CONTINUED