Scales of the Marsh Ch. 00

Story Info
A prologue to an adventure based off of the Elder Scrolls.
1.3k words
3.84
8.7k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

I don't remember much from when I was a little girl. I grew up in Blackrose which is a city somewhat located in the center of Black Marsh and I remember always being scared. Father always told me not to swim in the lake without him or never stray from the city gates, monsters would eat me. I loved water. I could swim for hours at the bottom of the lake with Father till people started disappearing in the lake and he told me we couldn't go there any more. I always had a feeling we were being watched in there but when Father was there I knew I was safe.

Safe being put in a relative term. There was always clans fighting for dominance over one-another. I remember at maybe 4 or 5 years old a group of big men and a couple scary looking women walked right into town like they owned the place. Father and a bunch of other people got together and they all had a big talk right there in the marketplace of town. I think if it wasn't for father there would have been bloodshed but instead the group left saying things like "Hist spit on this town, scaleless fiends, scale rot on you." Shortly after Mother came buy shooing me to get back in the house.

Maybe 10 years later I finally dug up the courage to break into Father's old chest. Whenever I asked him about it he would just tell me that he'd show me when I was ready. I had already gotten in the routine of my moon blood cycles and the boys were taking notice of me now. I wasn't some girl spreading whatever fake diseases that turned boys into girls any more. Mother began leaving me to do the home cooking or leather tanning, both of which were chores I despised. I wanted to go with Father and hunt but Mother always dragged me away saying it was the male's job to hunt and female's job to cook and tend to the house. It was time I took things into my own hands.

I managed to fashion myself a makeshift lock-pick and spent a good few hours poking and prodding at the lock to get it to release but eventually to my delight it gave way. Opening the old wooden chest I found a slightly rusted curved steel blade, a dagger made of the same fashion, a bow made of the wood of a Hist tree, and quiver of wooden arrows that I could tell were poisoned at the tip. Either that or it was burn marks but I wasn't going to take the chance. Some poisons out there would stop a grown man's heart in seconds and others would do much much worse. Beneath the weapons lay a steel armor set that looked just like scales with leather padding and a large coin purse. I didn't dare touch the money but I brushed my claws against the blades and armor appreciatively. At least from what I could tell at 15 years old it was well crafted, and well used, but very very clean like Father had been maintaining it all this time.

Hearing the door open my heart dropped as Father came in and dropped what would be our next weeks worth of food in dismay at what I had done. Almost instantly I looked to the floor in shame for disobeying him and I wanted to cry. Instead I just sat there not looking into the chest or father but just the floor waiting to be punished. Instead Father got to his knee and lifted my chin to his snout looking me straight in the eyes and speaking with the same soft comforting voice he always spoke to me in.

"Jasriella, my daughter, I was hoping I'd never have to tell you what was in that chest or why I kept it locked but it seems you've inherited your father's stubbornness. Come sit with me at the fireplace I'll tell you a story."

And so I sat in Father's lap that night as he told me stories of when he was a Shadowscale and how he went around as a murderer for hire. When I asked him what a Shadowscale was he told me it was an Argonian who was born under the sign of the Shadow. It was the same sign I was born under and when I asked him if I was a Shadowscale he just told me that maybe in a different time I would be but this life is much better than one devoted to blood and murder.

Eventually I fell asleep in Father's lap. The next morning I woke up to something pulling at my tail. Probably one of my biggest annoyances was someone grabbing my tail, my annoyance was replaced by anger when I was dragged off my bed and onto the floor with a stick being poked into my breast.

"It's obvious you'll never be the house-wife your Mother and I have tried to raise you to be-"

Those first words, especially from Father and the first thing I heard in the morning, cut through my heart like a silver blade. Despair slowly filled me but I didn't let it show I wanted to hear what else he was going to throw at me.

"-but you have that fire in your eyes, something only the greatest warriors have."

Then he dropped the stick on my bare stomach. I noticed as I picked up the stick when he poked me he almost tore off my brazier which would have been quite an inconvenience as mother didn't have any more to give me that would fit. I was still quite small around the chest.

"Have breakfast and come outside. It's time I raised you like a son instead of your mother raising you as a daughter. Keep your wits about you and stay light on your feet if you wish to survive."

It was from then on for the next 5 years that father raised me as his son instead of a daughter. I never had the problems other females of my age did where males would sometimes try to take advantage of them. I later found out my father was a very respected and in some cases very feared male, and the reasons why were beginning to show through me. Only two males made advances on me and the last one to try anything ended up needing the town's doctor to keep him from bleeding to death. Ever since Father took over my upbringing I always had a dagger belted to my trousers. Yes I wore trousers and a shirt instead of those cursed dresses. So much more comfortable.

Now I'm 20 years old and at the age where males should be courting me. Problem was most of them wouldn't dare bring up any subject that might relate to courtship, and for the most part I was proud of it. The girls whom I grew up with knew I would protect them and most males my age knew to either avoid me or get to business. There were a couple who I respected and appreciated and one of which I saw as maybe a potential mate. I was so desperately needing a mate too. After a few blood moon cycles I would go into heat and it sometimes would turn into sheer torture. To simply put it, imagine your entire body writing and burning under your skin as your groin burns with a such ferocity that any touch would cause the heat to intensify and hurt even more. Oh the hurt, it's inside too. It only lasts a couple days at that point but it seems to last forever. At first I thought I was just getting sick regularly till Mother explained to me that I was starting my heats, meaning that when I'm in heat my body is begging to mate and make eggs. I'd like to have a clutch but with what male? I was also told that being in heat makes quite a smell, and males can really pick up the scent.