Scare Fair Ch. 02

Story Info
Jack find out what the device can do.
1.7k words
4.33
10.8k
2

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/13/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nicolax
nicolax
1 Followers

Thanks for all of the great feedback from the first chapter! I hope you read on and continue to enjoy it so far. : ) Again, there's no sex in this chapter, but it's a slow build up.. If you're looking for just straight hard sex, then I suggest that you probably look elsewhere. : p I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and I look forward to reading your comments.. Enjoyyy!

*** Chapter 2 - So, that's what it does? ***

Reaching up to his bedside cabinet, Jack picked up his charging phone to check on the time. For some reason, Jack hadn't been able to have a good sleep, waking up every couple of hours. Seeing that it was twenty past five in the morning, Jack got up to go to the bathroom so that he could splash some cold water onto his face, which, he thought, would hopefully cool him down. Standing at the sink, Jack reached down at the running water and splashed it against his face. The water fell down to his chest, making him jump in the process as he wasn't expecting it, carrying on down until it hit his boxers which soaked the droplet up. After about a minute of having the sensation of running water down his face and chest, he grabbed his towel so that he could dry himself off.

After drying his face off, Jack looked up into the mirror and looked back at his reflection. His automatic reaction from looking at himself in the mirror was to try and style his flat hair, something which he did now, even though he would be going back to bed in a moment. His short, brown hair moved where he wanted it to go, but fell back to it's original state after a couple of moments. He'd thought about buying some hair wax to style it, but couldn't be bothered with the hassle each morning. Still, it was an idea he might look into for every now and then. Jack, like most eighteen year old boys, thought he was pretty good looking, but he was a fairly average boy when compared to others at his school. He stood at five foot eleven, and was slim. If asked, most girls would say that Jack's most appealing feature were either his bright green eyes or his friendly smile, but nobody would really take a second glance at him if they passed in the street.

In his short sleeping spells, Jack had been dreaming about his friend, Katy. She was one of his group that he had always been friends with since starting school. He'd had a soft spot for Katy since they were young, and whilst she'd always had a little inkling that Jack liked her, he'd never explicitly let it on and she was too shy to approach the subject. Recently though, since she'd been talking to more boys, Jack was getting jealous and even a little protective of her, and this therefore led her to be the main focus of his thoughts. Wondering why Katy would have agreed to ditch Jack at the fair again put him back into a bad mood but as he walked back over to his bed, he tried to forget about it so that he could fall back to sleep until it was time to wake up again, properly, in two hours time for school.

***

Waking up to his alarm clock, Jack also woke up to a text from his other friend, John, asking where he disappeared to the previous night. Forgetting that he was pissed of with them, Jack sent a little reply, "I disappeared? You guys left me! I had to walk all the way home.... Fuckers! Haha" and went on with his usual morning routine. Once fully dressed in his jeans and polo shirt, Jack picked up his phone once again and seeing that John hadn't replied, just put it into his pocket. He then picked up his wallet, keys and finally the zippo from the previous night. Without even thinking about topping the gas up in it, he put everything into his pockets and walked downstairs to grab something to eat.

After Jack finished eating his breakfast, he went out to his car and checked to see that everything was working properly. Seeing as it was a fairly old Astra, he always checked everything was working after a couple of days without use, as it was something his father always did with his car. Happy that there was nothing obviously wrong with the Car, Jack got in, belted up and hooked his phone up to the car stereo which automatically chose a play list and started playing music. Pulling out his driveway, Jack took his usual left which was in the opposite direction to the school but towards Katy's house. Katy was already outside when Jack arrived and waited until he parked up on the road next to her house before jumping into the passenger seat. Belting herself in, she asked, "Hey Jack! Where did you get to last night? We were waiting a good half an hour for you, we thought you'd got lost in the haunted house.. Sorry that we left without you though, you know how my dad gets if I'm late."

Wow.. Why do they both think that I was the one that ditched them?He thought to himself, and basically asked the same thing, "You're kidding right? John asked me the same thing this morning.. Only I came out of the Haunted house early and was waiting for you two for a long time! I guess we just missed each other then, I was waiting in the bushes to jump out and scare you.. Lame, I know, but I thought it would be fun. But yeah, don't worry about it, I know you've gotta be in earlier than my 14 year old sister!" This made Katy push jack's arm a little for taking the mickey out of her strict parents. "What was on your half of the house anyways?" He finished.

Katy thought back at her time in the haunted house and how disappointed she was with the overall effects, "I dunno, I thought it was pretty lame if I'm honest. John thought the same. We both had a couple of people jump out at us and saw a bit of realistic looking blood on the walls and there was a bit of screaming coming from some speakers in my hallway, but other than that... nothing. How about you?"

"Pretty much the same if I'm honest. Although, I saw some blue light coming from part of the wall and when I pushed against it a little it opened up into a little room with a woman sat at a desk." Seeing the look on Katy's face, he guessed that his encounter seemed a little strange to her.

"Ahh, so that's why you took so long? You decided you'd use your charm and had your way with her? Classy Jack!"


"Eurgh, hell no! She was old and creepy! She just sat at the desk and carried on staring at me as if she was studying me. Anyway, I left pretty quickly and carried on down the hall. After going through another door, I carried on walking until I saw another part of the wall with a green light," Jack thought it would seem odd if he mentioned the light air on the back of his neck, so he decided it would sound better if he changed what happened a little bit. "Pushing into it, I went into the same room again, only this time the woman wasn't there.. There was just a lighter and a note. It said something about making it work and making it stop, but it doesn't work anyway.... Oh, I forgot to top it up! Oh well.."

Before Katy could reply, they had driven into the school's parking lot and as Jack was getting into a space, Katy noticed John coming over. As she opened her car door, they could both hear John's voice calling out to one of the teachers, "Yeah yeah, Are we ever late? Well, we won't be today! Don't worry!". As he came over, he told them both that their tutor had told him that if they were late, they'd be getting a detention. "I mean seriously, a detention at our age? That's ridiculous!"

***


After arriving at their tutor room, the three of them took their places at their table in the middle of the room. Their tutor had given them a thirty minute detention at the end of the day for being late, although John had tried protesting that they were actually "ONLY five minutes late". In a grumble, John leaned across Katy and stuck his hand out to Jack. "Let's get a look at it then." He was talking about the zippo that Katy had told him about as they were walking to their tutor room. However, rather than passing it straight to John's outstretched hand, when Jack pulled it out from his pocket, he flipped it open and struck it to see if it would work.

"See, this thing just needs topping up." He said as he placed the lighter into John's still outstretched hand. He then pulled out his phone, something he regularly did to see if he had any new messages (not that he ever did, unless his parents wanted him or he wasn't with John or Katy). As he looked up though, John's hand was still outstretched, with the lighter sat in his hand where Jack had placed it. He then looked up at John with a face as if to say, 'what are you doing you freak?' but John looked like he was about to start saying something. Only he didn't. He just sat there in the same position. Looking at Katy, he noticed that she was also sat completely still as if she was a statue. Not even her eyes were moving. Jack looked around at the rest of his classroom and the same statue like people greeted his eyes. Nobody was talking, nobody was moving.

"What the fuck is going on?!"

Again, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please leave some comments with feedback / constructive criticism, as I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts. : ) Thank you so much for reading!

nicolax
nicolax
1 Followers