Scarlet Queen Ch. 12-Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
angellily
angellily
10 Followers

His appearance betrayed his inner madness; his hair was greasy and unkempt, his dark eyes were hollow, and his clothes dirty. It was obvious that he hadn't slept, washed or eaten in days.

"Yeah, and..?" Ellie demanded playing her role to the hilt, though she prayed on the inside that Dante and Rain would be okay.

"I'll kill you!" He screamed at her as he drew out a gun from behind him and opened fire.

Ellie closed her eyes briefly not wanting to watch Rain or Dante get hurt. Both lunged at her and took the bullets directly. Ellie was knocked back by the impact and hit the floor hard.

Feeling dazed, Ellie sat up and looked over to where the villain had stood. She saw that he was screaming in agony and rolling on the floor. Ellie looked behind her to see Detective Winston. He was standing just about a foot behind where she had landed, with his gun drawn out. Ellie realized that he had been the one to shoot 'The Keeper'.

Detective Winston winked at her before walking over to the villain and kicking his weapon away. He didn't actually look like Detective Winston at that moment, but he did seem familiar to her and just as she was about to place him, she heard a faint groan from Rain.

Please, please, please tell me that you two are alright and not dying, she demanded mentally.

I'm okay, Ellie, I have one in the abdomen, one in the side and another in my shoulder. Thank God he only used a six shot revolver I don't think I could have taken more bullets than I did. I have a feeling that Craven changed out his gun at the last moment, must thank him later for that, Dante muttered.

Damn, you're right, I forgot how much getting shot hurts. I'm okay too, ma belle. I've got one in my side also, one in my leg, and one that went into my back but it's not near my spine, Rain declared, then continued to mentally swear in French.

Once you've both have been cleared by Gabe, we're going to have a long talk about exactly why you know what it feels like to be shot, Rain. I'm also going to take you both to task over this stupid idea too, Ellie said evenly.

Both groaned inwardly, though they relaxed to play 'dead'. Ellie slumped back in a self induced faint, a skill she had learned in the regency era, just as the paramedics rushed in.

The next part was a complete blur, but Ellie woke up in the back of the ambulance just as the doors were closed. Craven sat beside her, dressed in paramedic garb and held her hand.

He winked at her and said, "It all went according to plan, even got the shooting on video. There will be enough irrefutable evidence to get life without the possibility of parole at a minimum. He's going nowhere, you've won pet."

"Not the way I really wanted to, Craven. I know it was part of the plan but I didn't want the guys to get hurt."

Craven smiled as he squeezed Ellie's hand in reassurance.

"I know you don't agree with it but it was a necessary evil. Now they are free from the limelight just like they wanted. Now, are you ready to go back to my house?"

"Um, Craven, could we change that? Can we all go back to my safe haven in London?" Ellie asked looking at him.

"Rafe thought you'd want to do that, so he secretly set it up so that everyone would be on the way to the airport. Planes ready to go as soon as we get there."

"Craven..." Ellie started as something else clicked into place for her.

"Yes?"

"Did you have Rhyder play the role of Detective Winston the entire time?" Ellie asked as her mind made the connection from the detective's appearance to Rhyder's.

"Busted," Craven said with a laugh then continued more seriously, "I promised your mother that I would watch out for you always, pet, and I never broke that promise. I don't plan on it in future either. Since it seems like a good time to confess, I also own Enigma, I created it solely for you to work in a safe environment, so I'm not accepting your letter of resignation, pet."

Ellie looked at him in shock for a moment then burst out laughing.

"Fine, I'll stay but I want perks like two sidekicks on the payroll with full hazard benefits; I have a feeling that they're going to need that one," Ellie stated.

"Done, I can completely live with that," Craven said nonchalantly.

They shared a look before laughing again just as the ambulance drove off.

Epilogue

Three Months Later...

Rain and Dante sat together intertwined on the lush, dark scarlet velvet couch watching a televised news report about the start of Murray Kempner's trial. It also showed highlights from their career and their apparent 'tragic' demise.

"Wow, that seems like a lifetime ago," Dante murmured.

"I hate the news. Alive they thought me an arrogant perverted rock legend. Dead, I'm a well meaning, gorgeous saint. Look, can that news reporter lady not keeping gushing about my looks? Yes lady I know I'm hot but move on already I'm taken and apparently 'dead'," Rain drawled.

Dante laughed, "Once a diva, always a diva."

Rain had proven that already by refusing to dye his blond hair, he had cut it instead, though he had complained about that too. He had also taken up wearing bright urban London chic clothes and changed his American drawl, one that he had adopted for his public persona, going back to his aristocratic British roots. He still continued to speak with the mixture of French sprinkled in though. No one would take the new Rain with the old Rain.

Dante had gone back to his British roots too, though he had adopted a more sedate look, going for preppy chic instead. Rain had complained at first, but now liked the look. Dante had also gone opposite of Rain with his hair too, growing it out so it brushed his shoulders.

Ellie hadn't really said anything about the change in looks. Ellie seemed to be more preoccupied with the big changes that they had made in her life. The first had been when her secret bunker had been invaded and overrun with friends and family.

Family being mainly Craven, Rafe, Gabe, Rain, Dante and now Rhyder, who Ellie treated like a honorary uncle. Dante knew that Rhyder had liked that status, and he was now just as bad as Craven for lecturing Rain and Dante on their intentions.

Not that he or Rain really minded, it was all well meaning, and it seemed to make Ellie happy with the family bickering, since she seemed to smile more.

Jinx, Linzi, Silver and Ellie had become fast friends, too. Jinx and Linzi had also retired from the limelight, though they had chosen just to fade into the background. They were happy to let anyone chalk up a reason for the end of their careers.

All had chosen to stay here over the last three months, and, surprisingly, it wasn't Ellie but Rain who complained half-heartedly about being overran. That was due to the fact that, apparently, he couldn't walk around naked like he wanted to, or have sex in random places; though it really hadn't stopped him at all from doing either.

Ellie had become more social than she had ever been, though still had near panic attacks in public places if she didn't wear a hoodie. She also still indulged in a rare few bizarre rituals like hoping over certain cracks in the ground or having a need for a 'knob free' environment. Ellie still like to disappear every so often, favouring to be alone for a bit. It hadn't been an issue with either Dante or Rain because Ellie generally spent a half day at most by herself before actively seeking either or both out. They had also made sure she had her very own 'safe haven' in the now chaotic bunker. The original office, was now Ellie's space, and it was no man's land unless issued an invitation. One of the guest rooms had been turned into another office for everyone else to use.

At that specific moment, Ellie pushed open the picture that led to her office on the second tier and leaned on the railing with a piece of paper in hand.

"Hi ya, loves, I have something for you, " Ellie said with a happy smile on her face; then she misted down to stand in front of them.

Ellie had taken to wearing the steam punk clothes that they had bought for her, and had cut her waist length hair so that it now fell between her shoulders and mid-back. She had done that out of solidarity for Rain.

Rain leaned forward to catch her by the waist and tugged Ellie down so that she now tucked between the two of them.

"What's on the piece of paper, ma cherie?" Rain asked, as he kissed her neck.

Ellie squirmed and chided, "None of that now, it's time for my surprise first."

Ellie handed Dante the piece of paper. He looked it over then laughed out loud.

Rain frowned at him and asked, "What does it say?"

"Oh, you'll love this because I do. Ellie has made written bridal demands for us."

Rain looked taken back for a moment then laughed as he hugged Ellie tightly.

"Hey, don't laugh, I'm serious. Anyway Linzi told me that a bride is suppose to make demands."

"No, my exact words were, 'a bride should be demanding'," Linzi called as she walked out from her room on the lower level. Soon, everyone had gathered to see what was going on.

Dante kissed Ellie, waiting until everyone was seated around them, before he read Ellie's demands out loud.

"Ellie's bridal demands:

No#1 - The bride requests to have the wedding date somewhere in the ballpark of a year to a year and a half's time, but the bride does not want to know the actual date, until said day arrives.

Amendment- the bride doesn't want to freak out because she knows the date will arrive soon.

No#2- The bride requests that she does not have anything to do with the details and wants said details to be hashed out in secret between grooms.

Amendment- bride likes surprises, plus, as in the first amendment, does not want to freak out.

No#3- The bride would like large steaks and lots of hamburgers to be served at both the Jack and Jill party and the wedding. Grooms can make other culinary requests.

No amendment necessary.

No#4- The bride requests that three special dances occur during the wedding reception. A father-daughter dance, an uncle-niece dance and a dance between bride and both grooms at the same time,

Amendment- bride wants grooms to figure out the dance mechanics, bride is willing to practice though.

No#5 - The bride requests that the wedding dress be a scarlet colour of a nineteenth century design but must come with a decorative hooded cloak. Also, both grooms must perform songs from previous career as rock legends,Les Vampires.

No Amendment necessary- the bride simply likes scarlet, grooms' music and cloaks.

Sincerely signed the bride-to-be, Eleanor Reina Aquitaine Prescott-Caldwell-Fortenot, a.k.a. Ellie"

Everyone burst out laughing except Ellie who had gone beet red, before she too gave into a fit of giggles.

"Aww, it's sounds so bad when you read it out loud, I didn't realize that when I wrote it."

"Nah, ma belle, it's not bad at all, it's perfectly you, and I absolutely love it. This groom-to-be wants to write his demands for the honeymoon so that the bride can work on that while we undertake this," Rain said as he squeezed Ellie's shoulder.

"This groom seconds that motion," Dante said kissing her cheek.

"Well, I know you don't want to know the date, but I for one can't wait because it seems like it's going to be the most epic wedding ever," Linzi said.

"Well, life's never going to be boring because I'll probably always do crazy things like this," Ellie remarked.

Neither Dante nor Rain seemed to mind as they both took turns kissing her. There was a polite cough from Rafe and irritated growls from both Rhyder and Craven.

The three of them laughed, lost in their own little world. Ellie was happy to know that the future finally looked quite bright and it would be filled with more intriguing cases, bizarre behaviour and love. This was only just the beginning, after all.

angellily
angellily
10 Followers
12