Scarlet the Superhero

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I didn't realize," he blurts out, "uhm...to me, you have...dark brown hair, golden, olive skin, brown eyes. You have...modest curves, and cute, perky breasts-"

"Okay, that's enough!" she stops him, but her embarrassment also hides a hint of surprise, "Strange...no one's ever described me quite like that before."

"Well, you said so yourself, it's based off of personal tastes," Marcus figures. He stops for a moment, before asking, "What do you look like? For yourself?"

Erotica stops, as the elevator comes to a halt, "Honestly, when I look in the mirror, I'm not sure if what I see is really me, or just another ideal."

The elevator opens to a sprawling roof, with many vents and skyline ceilings scattered around.

"Why...did you bring me here?" Marcus asks, as Erotica steps out of the elevator.

She turns back toward him, and shrugs, "It's where I like to think."

He follows her to one of the skylines, where she leans against the metal supports, and gestures for him to do the same.

"There's something you need to understand when you're working for me," she starts, as he sits down.

Marcus curls up his long legs into a ball, "What? You...you're still hiring me?"

"What you feel for me...and the things you do because of it...it's not your fault," Erotica tells him, "Joe, or Mr. Crosby, doesn't understand because my powers don't affect him. Sometimes I just have to...remind him."

A little confused, Marcus asks, "What, your powers don't work on Mr. Crosby? How?"

"My powers are transferred through physical sight, so blind people aren't affected," she explains, "the last Gadgetry Specialist, a personal friend of mine, she isn't affected by my powers either. She's asexual, and because my powers evoke sexual feelings, she isn't affected."

"Why did she leave?" he asks.

Erotica chuckles, "She was offered a higher position. She's now Justice Corp's Head Technician."

Marcus smiles, "Well that's good to hear. Yeah...I'm...I'm sorry for the way I acted back there. You just...your powers...they took me by surprise."

She nods, "Yeah, that's a pretty common situation."

Erotica gets back up, "C'mon, we should head back downstairs. Joe should be waiting to reinstate you as my Gadgetry Specialist."

She reaches her hand out, offering it to Marcus. However, when Marcus grabs her hand, his expression shifts. She immediately lets go, and starts backing away from him. She spots a bulge in his khaki slacks extending, stretching out the fabric.

"Marcus...you're being overpowered again. Please, try and fight it, before you do something you're going to regret," Erotica warns him.

Now on his feet, Marcus starts slumping toward her in a zombie-like motion, as if his movements aren't his own, "You-...you held my hand. You offered me your hand...do you like me?"

"Listen to yourself, you sound like you're still in school. Focus Marcus...don't...don't focus on me, focus on a spot near me, like...the space just over my shoulder. You can do it," she encourages him, hunching over as she continues to back up.

Marcus stops himself, and Erotica holds still, waiting for his reaction. He stands up straight, and shakes his head, "Wow...that was...overwhelming. Is this what everyone who works with you has to go through?"

She nods, before turning around to head back to the elevator, "One of the security guards will be tasked with teaching you some mental blocks to use against my powers. They're not always effective, but it'll help some."

Marcus follows her to the elevator, and once the door closes, he tells her, "Well, I don't know if this is a revolutionary idea or not...but, I'd like to see you as who you are, powers and all."

Erotica flinches, "Uh...I mean...you'll still want to learn the mental blocks-...but...uhm...thanks."

Stunted of speech, Erotica remains silent for the rest of the elevator ride. They arrive back at the floor of Mr. Crosby's office.

"Are you sure about this?" Mr. Crosby asks as he takes Erotica aside, away from Marcus.

She nods, "I think it's worth taking the risk. I've seen some pretty...bad reactions to my powers over the years, as far as his goes, it wasn't too bad. Even if he is perverted at times...he's earnest, and honest."

Mr. Crosby nods, "You're the best judge of these things, Scarlet."

Erotica and Mr. Crosby turn back to the expectant Marcus, and with open arms, Mr. Crosby approaches him with a handshake, "Welcome to the team, Marcus."

12