Scenes - Act 01

Story Info
The play's the thing - Naked roles on stage.
1.9k words
4.48
6.7k
7
1

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/08/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(Note: Sorry. No sex in this chapter.)

***

I guess as a starving actress, I was willing to take any role including this one. "Hot date!" An off-off-off Broadway play about Shannon; a single, middle aged woman trying to find romance, love and lust. In the later scenes, it required me to be fully nude along with my "date" as we discuss our wants and desires.

"Hello, my name is Meredith McCoy. I am reading for the part of Shannon." I introduced myself at the cattle call. One of five zillion other actors who already read for the part. I was one of the last called

"Ms. McCoy." Said the unidentifiable voice from the dark. "You understand you will need to be fully nude in one or a couple of scenes. Are you willing and able to do so?"

Desperate and without hesitation, I unbuttoned my sundress and let it fall to the floor behind me. I wore no underwear that day. I let them look at me; my D sized boob with cherry red nipples, my not so flat tummy and my smoothly shaven pubic area. I started to read the lines given to us when we arrived.

"Oh Brad! I want someone who I can wake up with in the morning. Someone to love and who will love me back. Someone who..."

"Thank you!" The unknown voice called out.

I turned, bent over at the waist and snatched my dress up off the floor before quietly showing distain as I walked off the stage.

"Fuck!" I swore to myself as I buttoned up my dress. "Another fucking wasted day. I should have gone to the "Calcutta" call."

I knew it was late and I rushed to get to my other job that actually paid. The owner/manager was very favourable towards me and gave me time off when I needed to go for auditions. The two other girls that worked there were also wanna-be actors but honestly, they were terrible.

"Mer." Called Tony. "Can you come to my office please?"

"This can't be good." I thought to myself. "Tony has never called me in when I was late before."

"Please sit." He indicated towards the wood chair.

"Uh-oh. Here it come!" I thought. "The sorry but good-bye."

"Between the three of you, I'm having problems staffing because you all are always going to auditions. You know I am a great supporter, but I can't run my business this way." Tony explained. "And so..."

I closed my eyes and held my breath waiting for the show to drop.

"... I'd like to propose that you take charge and manage the three of you so not all of you are away at the same time. Also, I have a new hire and like you to do the training." Tony said.

"What?" I couldn't believe what he asked me.

He repeated his proposal. "During the day, I can manage with one of you here, but I need at least two of you here in the evenings. As the most senior of the three, I'd like to you take charge of the schedule."

"Oh my gawd, Tony." I stood up and gave him a big hug. "I thought you were about to fire me!"

"Fire you? You're my best of the three." Tony hugged me back; my cheek against his. "And I'll give you a little extra for taking this on. Sorry, only a few bucks more."

"Are you kidding?" I squished his face between my palms and kissed him square on the lips. "Thank you!"

Tony hugged me. He placed on the small of my back and pulled in me tighter to kiss me. Then he put one hand on my butt and one on my boob. When he called me in to his office, I didn't have time to put my bra on, so he had free access to my nipple.

I gently but assertively pushed him away. "Tony! I like you very much, but you are married. And I've told you before, I don't do married guys."

Embarrassed, I left his office to get to work. The tension between us for the rest of the evening was high.

>>>>

By the time I got home, it was pretty late. The flashing light indicated there was a message for me.

"Hello, Meredith McCoy. This is Arthur at the Rivoli. We'd like you to come by for a second reading tomorrow morning at 11 AM."

"Oh my gawd! I thought. Arthur was the assistant to the director for the play I went to read for earlier today. "Wow! I didn't think they would ever call me back after that abrupt 'thank you!'"

I barely managed to sleep that night and only caught a few hours just before my alarm went off. Had a shower to help me wake up a bit, coffee helped too. My natural strawberry blond hair wrapped in a towel, I stood otherwise naked in front of my teeny closet trying to figure out what to wear. "Hmm... Didn't seem to matter yesterday... Hope this one will."

I selected an off-pink front button dress and some white, high heeled shoes; a very homey, housewife kind of outfit. I daubed on some make-up; not too heavy as the part was for a more mature woman trying to find true lasting love in the big city, but enough to accentuate my green eyes and plump lips. Brushed out my hair so it wouldn't be too puffy.

I got to the Rivoli at 10:30 and had to wait until 11:30 before the two others and I got called aside.

"Janice, Terri and Meredith." Julien the Director called out. "The three of you are all reading for the part of Shannon. We've finished selecting all other parts. You'll be reading with the male lead."

Arthur took us aside to a private room and handed out the script we were to read. "We want you separated from the other during the read so no one has an advantage or disadvantage. The scene is where you meet Gregory in the bar where you work. There's an electric attraction between you as you both feel each other out..."

After Arthur finished detailing the scene, he told us. "I will give you a copy 15 minutes before each of you read so again there is no advantage or disadvantage. Terri, here is your copy. Do not show it to Janice or Meredith. I'll be back in fifteen."

I could tell the read was about two pages and watched Terri struggle with the script. Janice too, looked concerned at the fact she would have only a short time to review the material. Arthur returned for Terri. She was trembling, took a deep breath and followed Arthur out.

About twenty minutes later, He returned alone and gave a copy to Janice. I watched as she too struggled to read and memorize the part. Again, fifteen minutes later, Janice was called to the stage. Thirty minutes later, I was handed the script.

Fifteen minutes is not a long time. The dialogue wasn't too difficult, it was the building relationship between Shannon and Gregory and how to read it. I was called to stage.

The stage itself was barren; no props, no nothing. I was supposed to be the bartender waiting for Gregory to come in. My experience working at the restaurant really came in handy.

"Places!" Someone, most likely Julien called out. "And action!"

I pretended to be wiping down the bar. Emerging from the dark stage right, Gregory pretended to open the door and walk in. They hid him in the back so this was the actual first time I was seeing him. Gregory looked a bit Asian; maybe mixed? He carried himself well and seemed very confident. There was an aura about him I found very attractive. I felt a warm tingle between my legs. I didn't think acting like we were in love was going to be a problem.

Shannon: "Hi there! Welcome to Sam's."

Gregory stodd at my bar. His eyes seemed to light up at seeing me. His sumptuous lips parted slightly then quickly shut.

Gregory: "Hi. Anyone sitting here?"

S: "Actually there's no one here. You're my virgin customer of the day. What can I get for you?"

G: "Just a pint."

I pretended to pick up a glass and pull a pint. I placed an invisible coaster down before I placed his beer in front of him.

"Scene!" The reading just sped by.

I barely looked at the script to read. My eyes barely left his. I felt my body just radiate warmth towards my fellow actor. I thought. "God! I really do want this guy!"

"Hi Meredith. My name is Gereon Kwai." Gregory the actor introduced himself to me. "You can just call me Ger if you like."

Ger was slightly taller than I was. I found out later his was a little older and married although he and his wife were not in the best relationship.

"Honestly, out of the three, I think you've got it!" He spoke aside, warmly smiled and squeezed my hand. His eyes glistened as he spoke. My heart pounded.

I peered out into the dark and could make out a couple of people talking amongst themselves. The audience lights went on. One of them stood up. "Hello, Meredith. I'm Julien the Director. This is Peter D. Nero the Producer. And Jonathan G. Seagale the playwright. And Sara Riche the financial backer of this project."

"Good afternoon. Nice to meet with you all finally." I answered back.

"Auuh... yeah. Anyways, you already showed that you are willing to do nude scenes." Julien said. "There is a specific scene where both you and Gereon are nude and are pretending to make love. Are you capable of doing that kind of scene?"

"Are you kidding? I want to fuck him right now!" I thought to myself but answered out loud. "No. There should be no problem."

"Great!" We will discuss amongst ourselves and let you know later." Julien called out. "Lunch!"

Ger was still holding my hand. "I'm done for the day. There's a café around the corner. Would you like to join me for a bite?'

"Yes!" I jumped at the invite and then in a more moderate tone added. "Uh... that would be nice."

At lunch we talked about a number of things. I was so comfortable with him, he basically learned my entire life. He, on the other hand was a little more reluctant to talk about the strife with his wife. She was a lazy bitch who contributed very little to their relationship. I took hold of his hand in to comfort him. A tear ran down his cheek.

Lunchtime just flew by.

"Ger, I hope I do get the part. I think we would do well together." I told him.

"Honestly, Meredith. I have never felt so comfortable around anyone before." He revealed to me. "I would love you to be my lover... On stage lover I mean."

I giggled like a schoolgirl. "I'ld love to stay but I need to get over to York Street for work."

"I'm going to York Street too." Ger then asked me. "Can I walk you over there?"

As we walked, my hand accidently brushed against his. The next time wasn't so accidental and we held hands the rest of the way. When I got to Tony's, I let go of Ger's hand. "Well this is where I work."

"Wow! What are the chances?" Ger smiled. "I just got a job here and start tonight!"

"You're the new hire?" My mouth dropped.