Seattle Slave

Story Info
A million women just like her.
1k words
4.23
13.1k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bassbelly
bassbelly
775 Followers

This story could fit a million women who have been forced by circumstance to shoulder the responsibility that should have been the long gone father's burden. Like many of her sisters, she is determined to provide for her offspring and will eventually become an independent career woman. She doesn't bitch and moan. In a way, she is happy but still searching for something better. Okay, little sister, this one's for you.

*

She looked out the window at the sullen Seattle sky. Raining again! How many weeks in a row was this? She gathered up her baby and headed for the door towing a large case full of baby stuff, purse slung over her arm. With only three hours of sleep, she was bone tired and her day was just beginning. She tossed the bag in the trunk and strapped her baby into the car seat. By the time she got behind the wheel she was soaked.

Her little econo-car pulled into the baby sitter's driveway and she unloaded the baby and the case. She nuzzled her son and kissed his soft cheek. "Be a good boy!" she admonished. She glanced at her watch. It was six thirty A.M. If she hurried, she'd be there just in time for her shift to start.

Peggy, the baby sitter, Yelled, "Have a nice day!" As she whipped out of the driveway and started up the road to downtown Seattle.

She worked at the downtown Penney's store. The money was just enough to keep her and her baby out of the poor house. She finally found a parking spot in the employee's lot but it was fifty yards from the entrance. Heaving a resolute sigh she grabbed her purse and headed for the door.

"Well, Julie, I see you have managed to grace us with your presence." It was Gene Markham, Julie's boss.

"I'm on time so don't bitch at me!" she angrily retorted.

She was the catalog manager and chief of the complaint department. She was very good at her job, deftly handling orders and satisfying the complaining masses. Her lunch break consisted of a tuna sandwich and a coke. Nine hours later, having handled several dozen return complaints and numerous catalog orders, she gathered herself up and headed for the car.

"How about going with me for an after work drink?" said Gene.

"Two things prevent that. One, I am too busy to go with you and two, I don't like you." Julie answered. She had been hit on several times that day and was in no mood for nonsense from the boss.

After nine hours of customers, Gene didn't have a chance.

It was still raining when she got to the parking lot. She plopped her wet body down in the driver's seat and took off for the baby sitter's.

She got a brief respite from the weather as the rain stopped just as she pulled into the driveway to retrieve her child. She managed to get him loaded before the rain started again. She packed him and his case up the stairs to her second floor, one bedroom apartment.

As soon as she got in, she nuzzled her baby and squeezed him. He giggled and kissed her. "Mommy," he remarked.

There was no time to waste. Today was grocery day and she had yet to scrub the bathroom and mop the kitchen. She looked with a weary sigh at the stack of dishes in the sink.

Turning the baby loose on the floor, she washed the dishes and then mopped the kitchen. She treated herself to a hot bath. Just as she relaxed, her baby appeared in the door.

"Mommy," he called excitedly.

"Go back in the living room," she told him. No sense in continuing this bath stuff.

Time to clean this bathroom, she thought as she got out of the tub and dried off. Bra and panties were her only clothes as she scrubbed the bathroom clean, rearranging the toiletries and putting all the dirty clothes in the basket.

She ran some fresh bath water and watched as her baby played in the bubble bath. Ten minutes later she scooped him out of the tub, dried him, clothed him and put him in his playpen. She got dressed and prepared to go to market.

Two hours later she was dragging her baby and her groceries up the steps to her apartment. She quickly put the groceries away in their proper places and then went to the living room and plopped down on the sofa.

She had just about relaxed when her son crawled over to her and said, "Me poo."

Oh joy! Another dirty diaper! She changed him and dropped the diaper into the pail. Eww!

It was bedtime for the baby. She laid him gently in his crib, nuzzling him and giving him all she had left. As soon as he dropped off to sleep, she completely cleaned and vacuumed the living room. While she was resting she started the washer and then washed the dirty diapers in the bathroom.

Briefly she slumbered on the sofa. Completely worn out, she headed for her bed. It was right next to the baby crib so she could rescue him if he had a problem at night. Wearily she climbed out of her clothes and slept nude on top of the sheets. Luckily, the baby only woke her up twice that night.

As she drifted into sleep in the early hours of the morning, she wondered if she could ever find a life companion to love and hold. Just about every other girl she knew was in the same shape she was in. They all had babies and exes or ex boyfriends who had turned their backs on commitment. Blessed sleep claimed her again.

Her alarm blasted her awake at five o'clock. I thought I just laid down! She thought. Tired to the bone again, she got up to affirm her commitment even if her ex hadn't.

Another day of slavery was about to begin. She had faith that sooner or later it would all change for the better and that's what kept her going. She was moving right up the management ladder at Penney's. Maybe one day she would be making enough to actually go out and have some fun, but for now, it was back to the grind.

"Suck it up, you wimp," she muttered to herself. She prepared once again to attack the incessant Seattle rain.

bassbelly
bassbelly
775 Followers