Second Chance Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please excuse me," he sputtered, rising with the intent to go to the men's room. As he stood, she caught his arm.

"No, don't go," she said so abruptly it surprised him. Her voice softened. "I mean...could you tell me why?" When Tim could only stare in confusion, she took his hand. "Why didn't you talk to her. I don't pretend to understand why you could have believed what he told you, but all you had to do was tell her what he said. She's your wife, why didn't you ask her."

Here it is, the moment of truth, he thought.

After endless soul-searching, Tim finally understood it himself, but explaining it to Donna's mother was a different matter entirely. He took a deep breath, knowing that he needed to make her understand. It was too important to hold back.

"It's because I expected her to leave."

"What?" came the half-question, half-outraged reply.

"Caroline, I'm going to tell you something that I've never told Donna. I should have, but was afraid to. I'm ashamed of myself for holding it back because I think we could have avoided everything if I just hadn't been so afraid."

"The night that I found out about Donna and Jake, something happened after I left. Jake followed me out of the house and said some things about her...bad things. I went a little crazy and took a swing at him."

She regarded him doubtfully. "You two had a fight?"

"Well, I guess you could call it a fight. It was more like me volunteering to be his punching bag. I wound up in the hospital and it was a week before I was up to going back to school and getting my stuff." She squeezed his hand sympathetically.

"Even though I thought I had forgiven Donna, part of me couldn't let it go. What happened in college proved every negative thing that had been said to me or that I had thought about myself while I had been growing up."

"What do you mean?"

He pulled his hands away and began rubbing them together nervously. "That I wasn't good enough for someone like her. Someday, no matter how much I loved her or how hard I tried to make something of myself, someone like Jake could walk in and take her away from me."

Caroline's eyes began to show comprehension. "Someone like Jake," she repeated.

"Someone better looking, more popular, stronger. No matter how much I loved Donna, he decided he liked her, then walked in and took her. There was nothing I could do. It made me feel weak, pathetic, and helpless. When he moved here, I was afraid it would happen again. He just told me exactly what I was expecting to hear, deep down." He dropped his head, unable to look her in the eye.

"Tim Sullivan...that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say!"

His head spun around, unable to believe what he'd heard. Donna was standing next to him, caught between looking furious and heartbroken.

"Donna?" he stuttered, "what are you doing here?"

She sat down next to him and threw her arms around his neck, pulling him against her tightly. Her hands turned his head toward hers, wiping his tears away. Her lips found his, kissing him hungrily. Tim's confusion was forgotten at her touch. He brought a hand up to caress her face and realized it was wet.

"You're crying," he said worriedly. He peered anxiously into her eyes, everything suddenly rushing back. "Donna, I'm so sorry about what I said. Please believe me..." She put her fingertips across his lips, stopping him mid-sentence.

"I heard you Tim, and I do believe you." she cried, resting her head against his shoulder. "I missed you so much."

He couldn't think of anything to say that didn't involve the words, 'I'm sorry', so settled for holding her and stroking her hair as she sobbed. Having her warmth against him again was like finally waking from a terrible nightmare.

Their surroundings faded away as he held her for what seemed like hours, wordlessly assuring her of his love with tender caresses. Finally Tim allowed the situation to intrude on their intimacy.

"What in the world are you doing here?" he asked, turning his eyes from her to Caroline.

"Don't look at me," her mother protested. "I didn't know anything about it."

"Then how..." he started to ask.

"Well, that's kind of a long story," came the reply from the next booth. The voice was deep and powerful. Tim would have known it anywhere.

"Son of a bitch," he said, standing up. "Pete?" He was sitting in the booth next to theirs, facing Tim with a grin from ear to ear. "You told me you hadn't seen her. What the hell is going on?"

Donna pulled him back down beside her. "It's my fault, Tim. When Trisha came to the hospital having contractions, of course I wanted to be there for her. I just asked them not to talk about you or tell you that they'd seen me. It wasn't fair for them to be in the middle of our mess at a time like that. There was no way I was going to miss my God-daughter's birth."

Pete moved to their booth and sat down next to Donna's mother, taking her hand in a greeting. The two then turned back to stare at the young couple and he spoke.

"I feel bad for not telling you about seeing her, but both of you were asking us to stay out of it, and I didn't want to take the chance of making it worse by interfering. That is, until you got Caroline to talk to you. That was just too perfect to pass up. I had been working on a way to help, but needed a catalyst. This was exactly what I'd been hoping for.

Donna chimed in. "Trisha insisted that I needed to hear what really happened and why you reacted the way you did. I tried to tell her that I wasn't ready. After all, I gave you two weeks and you wouldn't even talk to me." She paused, not wanting to take the conversation back in a negative direction.

"I'm sorry. I was so upset by what I thought happened, that I went away for a couple of weeks. Nobody knew where I was, not even my folks. I wish I could take it back. I wish I could take it all back," he whispered, caressing her face. "I love you."

"Not again," Pete said sarcastically. "You two definitely need some alone time." They all shared a laugh.

"There's one question I have that hasn't been answered yet," Donna said looking at Tim with a raised eyebrow. "The whole hospital was talking about Jake coming into the emergency room in bad shape the other night. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it, would you?"

"Don't look at me," he said defensively, staring at Pete.

"Peter Briggs," she said accusingly. "You did that, with your wife due to give birth any day? What if you had gotten hurt or arrested? What were you thinking?"

"It's not my fault," he said, giving her his best 'Aw shucks' expression. "I was just there to make sure nothing happened to your husband and the fool attacked me. I swear that boy isn't too bright," he said, clearly amused.

Donna tried to keep up her stern expression, but failed and broke into a grateful smile. "Whatever you were thinking, thank you." She got out of the booth and leaned over, kissing him on the cheek. He broke into the broadest grin imaginable.

Tim spoke up. "We really were there just to warn him not to mess with you again. The situation got out of control. On the bright side, I don't think Jake will be bothering us anymore."

"Since he pulled that stunt away from the hospital, we can't exactly get him fired for what he did, but our company has a lot of influence because of all the business we conduct with them. Someone will be talking to him to let him know he doesn't have a long future at the rehab clinic, or any other one, if he harasses you again." Tim allowed himself to smile. "Besides, somehow I doubt he'll be anxious to see Pete again."

Pete chuckled. "You would have been proud of your husband. He was positively spooky."

Donna gave Tim another questioning stare, but he shook his head so she let it pass.

"Pete...Caroline...I hope you don't mind, but I really want to take my wife home. It has been far too long since she was there." He took Donna's hand, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by his emotions. "Plus, I have a lot of making up to do." She smiled and kissed him again.

She moved her lips to his ear and whispered, "You've got that right, buddy."

They all rose to leave. Tim gave her mother a firm hug, whispering, "Thank you for this chance, Caroline. I promise you won't be sorry."

She brushed her hand against his cheek affectionately. "I believe you, Tim."

~~~~~

The door to their home burst open, the young couple oblivious to anything but each other. Their caresses turned to kissing, which led to them exploring each other so aggressively that they stumbled into the wall.

Donna broke away, trying to catch her breath. "Tim, I need to tell you something..."

"Shhh," he scolded. "No more talking. I need you...right now."

She nodded and pulled him close. After a few seconds of frantic kissing, she broke away and hurried toward the stairs, pausing to look over her shoulder briefly, then running up.

Tim took in the breathtaking picture; her long hair falling across her cheek, giving her a look of youthful innocence that staggered him. Shaking his head to force himself into motion, he jogged toward the stairs, giving thanks to whatever power had brought her back.

When he reached the top, he took a deep breath to calm himself before walking through the bedroom door. Rounding the corner, he saw Donna standing in front of the bed, her blouse unbuttoned, hanging loosely. The material parted just enough to see the swell of her breasts, a tantalizing glimpse of the treasure just out of sight.

"You look amazing," he said, drinking in every detail.

"Thank you," she said, pointing her finger then curling it toward herself, beckoning him closer.

He crossed the room and kissed her lightly, stepping back as he pulled apart the blouse to watch her breasts come into view. Her nipples were erect and there were goose bumps all over her skin. He leaned close and softly blew across her naked flesh, drawing a shudder.

"Tim, I want you so much. I've missed you more than you know." Her hands touch his face and she kissed his forehead, then rested against him. "I didn't know how I was going to make it without you. The hardest thing I've ever done was take off my ring...Oh no!" she said abruptly.

He pulled back, looking into her eyes with concern. "What's wrong?"

"My ring. I want my ring. Please, can you wait while I get it?" Tim was surprised to see real distress apparent on her face.

"I don't think that will be a problem," he assured her. Reaching into the top of his shirt, he pulled a small gold chain until her ring popped into view. "I had to keep it close. It was the only way I was going to get through that meeting with your mother."

Donna smiled ruefully, "I know what you mean." There was no need to elaborate. Tim now understood completely how painful it had been for her to seek out his mom years before.

"So why did you keep the wedding ring but leave this one?"

She sighed. "I was so angry I was going to leave both, but there was a part of me that just couldn't give up hoping there was a way to fix whatever was wrong. I had to hold on to something from you just in case. You know how important that ring is to me. I knew that leaving it would let you know how hurt I was, and how serious things were."

He stared intently into her eyes. "I did understand, and I am truly sorry for the things I said. More importantly, I'm sorry that I didn't trust you when it mattered. It's a mistake I'll never make again."

"Here," he said, unhooking the necklace and sliding the ring off. He placed it on her finger. "Now things are the way they should be."

She looked at the ring for a moment, then back at my eyes. "Not until you're inside me."

Tim touched her shoulder tenderly, letting his fingertips brush her blouse further over until it began sliding down her arm. She reached up to help, but he shooed her hand away.

"Patience," he scolded.

His fingertips slid up her arm, across her shoulder, then down to her breasts, where they skimmed across her chest, taking a moment to circle her nipple several times before resuming the journey. He delighted in watching her breasts rise and fall with her breath as it quickened, signifying her heightened arousal. His fingers reached the other shoulder and began sliding the material down her arm as slowly as he could, leaning in to kiss the skin as it was exposed.

He gripped her sleeve near her wrist, and tugged gently, watching the cloth fall away from one side completely. Instead of shrugging off the garment, Donna raised her other hand, inviting him to finish at the pace he desired.

Tim gently urged her to sit down on the bed, kneeling between her legs and kissing his way back up her arm, across her shoulder, then down to her breast. He ran his tongue lazily across her skin to her nipple, then fastened his lips around it, nibbling as she threw her head back at the sensation. Tim could feel her heartbeat; taking his time to delight in the simple pleasure of feeling her close again. Finally he moved his lips up to her shoulder, then down her other arm as he pulled her sleeve free, tossing the shirt to the floor.

He put a hand on her shoulder, causing her to lie back as his fingers stroked her breasts. When she reclined fully, he slowly dragged both hands down her body, drawing a moan of approval. Tim popped the snap on her jeans, then eased the zipper down. His hands gripped the belt loops and pulled, while Donna lifted her hips to help. After they joined her blouse on the floor, he worked his way up the inside of her legs, pausing to pay attention to every erogenous zone discovered over years of time together.

His fingers slid behind her knees, stroking the sensitive areas as he eased her legs apart, nibbling his way up her thigh. When he reached her panties, he hooked a finger under the side, sliding it over. He leaned close enough for her to feel his breath.

"Tim, please...stop teasing me. I need you," she begged.

With a secret smile, he drew a deep breath, then blew softly across her lips. Donna shuddered, trying to move her hips toward him, but he stubbornly maintained his distance.

"No cheating," he scolded softly.

He moved his mouth forward, running his tongue across her panties, tracing the cleft of her sex softly. Donna moaned, her hips writhing on the bed. Tim took both of her hands and pinned them by her sides, using his unfettered access to run his tongue up and down, steadily increasing the pressure. She twisted in his grasp, desperate to force contact where she knew she'd find relief. Instead, he moved his tongue to the side, sliding it along the junction of the material and her skin.

"I'm so close," she pleaded.

"I know," he teased, sucking gently at the sensitive skin mere inches from what she craved. Donna squealed in frustration, trying to will herself to orgasm.

"Are you ready?" he said, looking up at her from between her legs.

"Please Tim!" she practically shouted.

"Don't move your arms," he warned her playfully. He grabbed her panties roughly and pulled them to the side, closing his mouth over her clit.

"Yes!" she cried in relief.

Tim sucked the tender bud between his lips, flicking his tongue rapidly against it. He felt her hand in his hair, holding him in place and promptly pulled away.

"No!" she moaned in disapproval.

"What did I say?"

Donna made a pouting noise, then put her arms back down, lowering her hips to the bed, waiting impatiently for him to resume.

"That's better," he admonished, lowering his mouth again. His lips resumed their assault of her clit, this time alternately sucking it between, then letting it slide back out.

Donna laid on the bed, forcing herself not to move as the tremors began, moving outward from her core, each ripple larger than the next. Sweat poured from her face as she fought to remain still, desperate to keep from giving him an excuse to tease her further.

"Oh fuck!" she shrieked, as the orgasm finally struck, her entire body shaking from the release of the energy. It felt like an explosion inside as she forced her eyes shut, seeing stars from the exertion. She gave up trying to obey him, grabbing his head firmly and holding him in place as her body thrashed on the bed, the waves from the climax extending longer than she could ever remember.

"Stop...please!" she shrieked, pushing his face away. Tim stood up, calmly undressing, watching her body go through it's final gyrations. Her skin was covered in a fine sheen of perspiration, causing her breasts to glisten in the sunlight spilling across the bed. He watched in open admiration as her breathing slowly returned to normal, the heaving of her chest fading into a regular rhythm.

"God you're beautiful," he declared in open admiration. He dropped his slacks and underwear, then slid between her legs, kissing his way back up her body.

"I love you, Tim," she said, a tear running down her cheek. "I'm so happy to be home."

He brushed her lips gently with his own as he slid himself inside her, finally feeling like his life was as it should be. Donna threw her head back, moaning her encouragement.

"Do you think you can top that?" she asked, her body quivering in anticipation of another orgasm.

"I'm sure as hell gonna give it my best shot," he answered wryly.

"And I love that about you," she replied with a giggle.

"Your choice, hard or soft?"

"Baby, it's been too long," she moaned, as he slid in and out teasingly. "Hard, please."

Tim pulled away, standing at the foot of the bed and ignoring her protesting whine. He grabbed her by her ankles and pulled her to the edge of the bed. Sliding his arms under her knees, he forced them up until they rested against her chest. He used the advantageous angle to thrust inside her deeply with long, smooth strokes.

"Oh yes baby. That feels so good...I'm going to cum again," she moaned.

He increased the tempo, ignoring the friction it was causing against his shaft. Again he listened to her breathing as it matched his strokes. Her fingers scratched against his arms, helpless to do anything else as he crashed against her body with every stroke.

"That's it...I'm cumming!" she cried, throwing her head back, her eyes rolling upward.

Donna thrashed against him, a wail emanating from her mouth that was more a scream than a moan. Instead of stopping to let her catch her breath, he pulled her closer to the edge of the bed and gripped around her thighs with his hands. Tim leaned back, pulling her hips off the bed and fucked her with short, rapid thrusts, the slapping of their bodies echoing in the room above her now constant moaning.

"Say it," he insisted, straining to hold back his climax long enough to push her to one more.

"Fuck me harder Tim!" she screamed. "Oh yeah, fuck me harder!"

He pulled her upward until she was even with his hips, allowing him to pull her to him as he thrusted; the cacophony of their bodies colliding becoming all he could focus on. Faster and faster he crashed into her until he couldn't hold out any longer.

"I'm cumming!" he howled, releasing her legs and collapsing on top of her. Tim bit at her neck as his fingers wrapped in her hair, holding his last thrust as deeply inside her as he could reach.

Donna moaned loudly one final time, then came with him, her body too exhausted to respond beyond an uncontrollable trembling.

They lay together for several minutes, frozen in that position, each savoring every last ripple of their mutual climaxes. Finally Tim leaned his head back to look into her eyes.

"What do you think? An 'A' for effort?" he asked with a chuckle.

"I really missed you," she cooed, wrapping her arms and legs around his body, trying to force him as close to her as possible.

They basked in the afterglow of the intense encounter as long as they could; neither wanting to disrupt the intimate moment. Finally Donna rolled away and turned to him.