Second Chances

Story Info
A 50 year old widower gets a second chance at love.
18.8k words
4.55
29.4k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~ ONE ~

"Don't worry about me Sally, I'm fine - really." I put the phone down on the desk. She worries too much - but she's my daughter and I know she loves me and wants me to be happy but I wish she wouldn't keep calling me every other day and asking me if I'm eating right, if I'm getting enough sleep - I'm an almost fifty year old man, I know how to take care of myself - been doing that ever since I left home at sixteen. I know she has worried more since my wife died five years ago but come on. I know I should tell her to back off but I love her. I'll just let it slide for now.

I had just checked into the Arlington Hotel in Charlotte, room 2116 - my usual suite. I make this trip every month - a two hour drive from my house on a lake a twenty miles away. I like the big city amenities such as fine dining and high end stores - something I don't have near where I live. It's my monthly fun weekend.

After checking in I had asked Charles, the hotel concierge to make dinner reservations at Upstream for six-thirty and for a limo to take me there and back. I had known Charles for two years - ever since I had been coming here. The hotel reserves the same suite for me the first Saturday of every month and I know all the staff by their first names. It's like a home away from home.

A knock at the door. I opened it and Charles was standing there.

"Come on in Charles. Problem with my reservation?"

"No Mr. Johnston everything is fine. It's a delicate matter sir."

"Okay Charles, we've known each other for a while now, what is it?"

"Well sir, you've been coming here for a while and I know you told me you live alone and I was wondering if, well if you might like some er, some female company - for dinner I mean. No one should eat alone sir."

"That's very considerate of you Charles. Do you have someone in mind?"

"Well not really sir but I have a good friend who runs an escort business and I'm sure he could find someone who meets er, meets your tastes."

I was a little taken aback for a moment. I had only dated a couple of women since my wife died and they were women I had met socially in my home town and were of my age. Hmm - interesting.

"Okay Charles - sounds interesting so how does this work?"

"Well, I give you the resumes of the young ladies with photos and such and you let me know which one you would like to spend the day with and I'll make the arrangements."

"And I assume there's a fee involved."

"Yes sir. You let me have the fee and I'll take care of the escort service and whatever you want to give the young lady is entirely up to you - but if I may venture a suggestion. These are very nice, respectable young ladies so I would suggest you not give them cash but maybe take them shopping or such."

"Thanks Charles, I'll take your advice."

"This is the link to their website." He gave my a piece of the hotel's stationery with the URL written on it.

"Thanks for thinking of me Charles."

"My pleasure sir." He left. I booted up the hotel computer and entered the site address.

DISCREET PERSONAL SERVICES INC.

Offering Companionship to Discerning People

I scrolled through the list of young women and good looking men. There was a list on the left of the screen with boxes to check for personal preferences. I checked:

Caucasian

18-29

College degree

Blond

Petite

A-Cup

5'-1" - 5'-5"

I got a list of four young women.

Claire - Caucasian, 19 years old, 5'-4" graduate degree in fine arts, 34A-24-36, blond

Zoe - Caucasian, 24 years old 5'-3" degree in structural engineering, 34A-25-36 blond

Summer - Caucasian, 21 years old, 5'-5" degree in English Lit, 36A-24-36 blond

April - Caucasian, 24 years old, 5'-3" degree in marketing, 33A-24-36 blond

Zoe piqued my interest because I was a mechanical engineer before retiring at forty-eight and she was stunningly beautiful with long blond hair tied with a black ribbon and fine delicate facial features that reminded me of my daughter Anya. I clicked on her photo and was taken to her bio page. She had an impressive educational resume but the photo of her in a bikini was the deciding factor - she was gorgeous with a perfect figure. The fee $1,500 for the day - 10AM to 11PM and $750 for the evening 6PM to 11PM. I called Charles on the house phone.

"Hello this is Charles, your hotel concierge - how may I help you?"

"Hey Charles this is David Johnston."

"Yes sir what can I do for you?"

"I've looked at the website you told me about and if she's available I'd like to have dinner with Zoe."

"Okay sir, let me make a phone call and I'll let you know." Ten minutes later he called back. "Yes Mr. Johnston, Zoe is available this evening. I'll have our limo pick her up and bring her to the hotel. She''ll meet you in the lobby at six."

"Thanks Charles." I showered and dressed in a blue button down shirt, gray slacks and a blue blazer. I took the elevator to the lobby. As the doors opened I saw Zoe sitting on a sofa on the far side of the lobby. She wore dark blue sheath dress that accentuated her figure, stilettos and carried a matching blue clutch. She was stunning. As I strode toward her she stood up.

"Hello you must be David." She held out a delicate hand - I took it and kissed it. She seemed surprised by the gesture.

"Nice to meet you Zoe. You look beautiful."

"Well thank you." Charles came over.

"Mr. Johnston the limo is outside."

"Thank you Charles." I took Zoe's hand and we walked out and got in the waiting limousine.

"I'm so glad you were free this evening Zoe. I look forward to having dinner with you."

"Me too David." We arrived at Upstream and the driver opened the door for us. Inside the restaurant we were seated at a booth and our server came to take our drinks order. It was Sarah who had served me on numerous occasions.

"Well hello Mr. Johnston nice to see you back again."

"Thank you Sarah. What would you like to drink Zoe?"

"Glass of Chardonnay please."

"Glass of Estancia for the young lady and my usual please Sarah. So you're a structural engineer?"

"Yes. I work for Strump and Davis architects. Been there since I graduate from Clemson."

"Clemson has a fine engineering school. I went there myself - graduated with a degree in mechanical engineering in eighty-eight."

"Oh what a coincidence, my father graduated that same year."

"Oh my goodness Zoe, you're making me feel old." She put her hand on mine.

"Oh I'm sorry David that was not very thoughtful of me."

"That's okay dear, I may be fifty this year but I still think I'm twenty one. What is your father's name?"

"Tom Jameson. Did you know him?"

"Oh yes vaguely - we took fluid dynamics. How is Tom?"

"He died two years ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that still so young."

"Yes, he and I were very close. He was killed by a hit and run driver."

"That's horrible." Sarah brought our drinks and we ordered dinner.

After two hours of a wonderful - albeit technical conversation, I paid the check and we left in the limo for my hotel.

"I've had the most wonderful evening Zoe. You've been a delight to talk to. I come to Charlotte on the first Saturday of the month. Could you keep your calendar open for me?"

"Certainly David. Just let Charles know what time you would like to meet."

"Could I have your phone number?"

"Sorry David we aren't allowed to give that out - I hope you understand."

"Of course Zoe." I kissed her on her cheek and told the driver to take her home. My what an interesting and beautiful young woman.

***************************

~ TWO ~

The rest of the month seemed to drag by and by the time the first Saturday of the next month came I was ready for my date with Zoe. As soon as I go to the hotel I asked Charles to make a reservation for two at Carpe Diem for seven and to arrange for my limo driver to pick Zoe up at six thirty. I waited for the limousine in the lobby and as soon as it arrived I walked out. The driver opened the door and I got in. Zoe was wearing a black sleeveless halter dress that came down just below her knees. A string of pearls graced her slender neck.

"Well hello again Zoe so nice to see you."

"Hi David. Glad you asked me to keep an open slot in my calendar. I have been looking forward to this evening." Hmm, that's interesting I thought. She's actually looked forward to our date.

"You look as beautiful as ever Zoe. I love the dress and that necklace is perfect for you - you have such beautiful skin - it almost looks like porcelain."

"Thanks I bought if especially for this evening." She looked down as if a little embarrassed at being so personal with me. Our driver stopped outside the restaurant and I held her hand as she got out of the car. I kept a hold of it as we walked to our table. A waitress took our order for drinks.

"So what have you been doing this past month?"

"Oh the usual working. We have a new project that I'm the lead on - my first."

"Oh that calls for a celebration." I called our waitress over. "Bring us a bottle of champagne please."

"Oh that's not necessary David."

"Yes it is Zoe - a milestone in your young career. I wish I had been sitting across from a beautiful woman when I celebrated." Our waitress returned and popped the cork and poured is two flutes of champagne.

"Here's to you Zoe and your big challenge." We drank the champagne and ordered dinner. In the limousine back at the hotel Zoe gave me a piece of paper.

"What's this Zoe?"

"My phone number."

"But I thought you didn't give them out."

"I quit the service two weeks ago."

"I'm confused. If you quit the service then how did Charles get in touch with you?"

"I called and gave him the number."

"Well Zoe, I'm flattered beyond words that you wanted to go out on a date with me - by yourself."

"To be honest I surprised myself. I like you David, I like you a lot. That also surprised. I mean after one date."

"But Zoe, I'm old enough to be your father."

"I know and it doesn't bother me one iota."

"Driver do you have a pen?" He handed me a pen and I tore the piece of paper in half and wrote my phone number on it and handed it to her.

"Here's mine - feel free to call any time - I'm retired so if I don't answer it means I'm either at the Y or on the golf course, so leave a message. I leaned over and kissed her on the corner of her mouth - more adventurous than one on her cheek and a little more modest than on her mouth - although it was tempting as she had the most sexiest mouth I had ever seen.

"Till the next time Zoe - bye."

"Bye David." I walked into the lobby. Charles came up to me and handed me an envelope I had given him earlier.

"This is the money you gave me for the fee."

"Keep it Charles."

"But it's over seven hundred dollars sir."

"You earned it Charles - you keep it."

"Thank you sir and I trust dinner was fine." He had a smile on his face.

"Very fine Charles - very fine indeed."


I went to my room, got into bed and had the most wonderful dream. The next day I went to Derek Hart's jewelry store and browsed the estate sale necklaces. I found one that was a delicate silver chain with one and a half carat blue emerald pendant.

***************************

~ THREE ~

Two weeks later - mid week, I called Zoe at six in the evening.

"This is Zoe."

"Hi Zoe this is David."

"Hello David - good to hear your voice."

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Yes I am what did you have in mind?"

"How would you like to come and spend the weekend - I live on Lake Norman and we can take my boat out for a ride?"

"That sounds great, I'd love to."

"Okay I'll text you my address so why don't you come after work on Friday - oh and one more thing - you're not a vegan or a vegetarian by any chance."

"No I'm not. Looking forward to seeing you Friday. Bye."

I couldn't wait to see her again and I was as nervous as a cat on hot bricks. I asked a personal chef that I had used on occasions if he would come and cook dinner for two on Saturday at seven. Fortunately he was free and I told him something not too heavy and to surprised us.

At six on Friday I saw a red BMW coming down my driveway. I walked outside and opened Zoe's door. She got out and we hugged and kissed - on the lips this time but just lightly.

"Great to see you Zoe - you're looking gorgeous as usual."

"Thanks David." I took her overnight case and we walked into the foyer.

She looked around the large two story foyer.

"What a beautiful house - looks custom."

"Yes I had an architect design it. My late wife had a lot of input so you'll see a lot of feminine touches here and there - except my study. She was told it was off limits - come on lets go out on the terrace." We walked through the great room and through the french doors to the terrace that overlooked the lake. The house was on a point so we had a hundred-eighty degree view.

"Wow this is gorgeous David. What a view."

"Yes we picked this lot for just the view." I poured us two flutes of champagne from the bottle in the ice bucket and handed one to her. We sat down in the patio chairs.

"I'm sorry you lost your wife. When was that?"

"Five years ago - she had a sudden stroke that. Most people do not die from a stroke - I think the doctors said she was in the one percent that do." She put her hand over mine and for a second I felt a little tingle as if some static had jumped between us.

"That must have been tough for you as I know it was when my dad got killed." Her hand was still over mine.

"Yes it was and to be honest I almost sold this house as it reminded me of her. But then I thought - no one else should own as house that she put so much into."

We sipped our champagne and watched the suns rays sparkle on the water.

"I hope you brought your swim wear as it's supposed to be a nice day tomorrow."

"Yes I did - I'm looking forward to it." I didn't say it but I was also looking forward to seeing her in it for real and not in a photo on a website.

"You hungry Zoe?"

"I'm getting there."

"Well there's small restaurant a few miles away in Mooresville. It's not much but they have good food." Zoe drove us to the restaurant and we had a very nice meal with a couple of glasses of wine. At the house Zoe said she need to change into something less business like so I showed her to a guest bedroom. Ten minutes later she came downstairs wearing a pair of white capris and a light blue blouse. I could see the outline of a white bra underneath.

"Come - let's go and sit on the terrace and watch the sun go down." She followed me out and I opened the fridge at the outdoor kitchen. "We have wine, beer, soft drinks."

"I'll take a beer if you don't mind." I handed her an opened bottle of Miller Lite. "Need a glass?"

"No it's fine like this. Hmm, Miller Lite was my dad's favorite beer." I watched as she put her mouth around he neck and take a swig - I found it so erotic.

We sat there - not talking but taking in the view of the lake in the fading light. As light faded altogether I suggested we go inside and maybe watch a movie. She picked through my assortment of DVDs - stopping for few seconds at Fifty Shades of Grey and finally settling on When Harry Met Sally.

"I see that you paused at the Grey movie." I said - hoping I didn't embarrass her and wanting to gauge her reaction.

"I've seen it and loved it but it's not a third date movie - maybe fifth or sixth though." She smiled at me. God I just melted inside. I was like a stupid boy on his first date.

"But a fake orgasm is okay huh?" She laughed.

"Yes that's harmless enough." We sat on the sofa with just a small distance between - she leaning her head on my shoulder. The movie finished.

"If it's okay David, I'll think I'll turn in. I had a busy day in the office setting up this new project."

"Sure - no problem. You know where the guest room is and there are fresh towels in the bathroom." We stood and she kissed me on my lips and lingered a little longer than when I greeted her earlier - long enough to say I'm interested but not long enough to say come to my room later.

"Good night Zoe and I'm really glad you're here."

"Me too David - thanks for inviting me. Good night." I watched as she climbed the stairs - the cotton material of the capris tucked a little into the cleft of her bottom - it was a wonderful sight.

I sat and finished my glass of bourbon and retired for the night - but not before relieving myself of the sight of her behind climbing the stairs.

***************************

~ FOUR ~

I was up at dawn and made a pot of coffee - taking a cup out to the terrace watching the fish jump by my boathouse. I heard Zoe come down the stairs. She was wearing a short cotton floral kimono which was not fastened and it flapped open revealing a white two piece bathing suit. I stood to greet her.

"Morning Zoe - sleep well?"

"Morning David - I sure did. It must be the tranquility of this place. I had my window open and it was so nice."

"Yes it's really peaceful here and you look beautiful this morning."

"Oh you're too nice - my hair's still a mess." I ran my fingers through her tousled blond hair.

"I love your messy hair." She laughed as she touched my arm. I got her a cup of coffee and we sat and enjoyed the early morning together.

"I know you told me your dad died but does your mother live close and do you have any siblings?"

"My mom lives in Savannah and no - I am an only child. How about you?"

I too was an only child. I have a twenty eight year old daughter Anya and a four year old grandson Davy and my son-in-law's name is Jacob. My daughter is always fussing over me as if I was her son - it's a little too much at times but I know she loves me."

"Ah that's so sweet. Where does Anya live?"

"In Winston-Salem so it's not far. In fact they're coming to spend next weekend here. If it's not too forward would you like to come and spend the weekend again?"

"If you think it will be okay - yes I'd love to meet them."

"I would love for you to meet them. You and Anya will get along just fine. You want a cooked breakfast or are croissants and jam okay?"

"Those will be just fine." At nine I fixed breakfast and we ate at the table on the terrace. After breakfast I changed into a pair of shorts and a teeshirt and we sat enjoying the morning. At noon it was time to get out on the water.

"Ready for a boat ride Zoe?"

"Oh yes, I love being on the water." We took some towels and a cooler with a couple of beers and Sprites and walked to the boathouse. I held her hand as I helped her on board, let go of the moorings and fired up the outboard engine. Zoe stood next to me as I motored out into the main body of water. Her hair trailed behind her as I sped across the lake to a secluded cove I often visited.

I cut the engine as we entered the cove and the boat settle down in the water and glided to a stop. I dropped the anchor and sat back in the stern seating. Zoe was still standing at the console. She took off the kimono and looked out at the tree line. She was quite stunning - her body was slim but she had a nicely rounded behind that I had marveled at the night before but was now only covered by a small bikini bottom. Her small but firm breasts nestled in the cups of her bra top. She looked at me as if to say something but hesitated.

"David."

"Yes Zoe."

"Would it embarrass you if I sunbathed topless?" Good God no. I thought.

"No that's fine Zoe, we are quite secluded here." She reached behind and unhooked the bra and let it slip off her arms. She dropped it on the console. Her milky white breasts were a perfect A-cup size in my eyes, with small light brown areolae and surprising light red nipples. I could feel an erection rising at the sight of this beautiful woman proudly displaying her body. She went around the console and stretched out on a towel on the foredeck.