Serenity Ch. 05

Story Info
The "Date".
3.2k words
4.46
11.1k
7

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/03/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mimi186
mimi186
63 Followers

Hi!

I cannot believe how long it's been since I last posted it felt like last week.

Finally I have finished the next chapter and the next one definitely won't take a year. (I know i said that last time but this time it's true!)

I hope you still want to read this, i completely understand if you don't. As a reader i know how frustrating it is when someone takes ages to post more chapters!

I've started a new story as well which hopefully I will post a chapter of soon.

I've found it hard to find an editor but finally I've found a fantastic one.

So thank you so much to Outofshadows for transforming my work. She's a fantastic editor and I can't thank her enough!

Anyways here it finally is. Enjoy!

As always i love feedback so keep it coming.

*****

Honey had spent the last couple of days lying in bed feeling sorry for herself.

Krystal storming in on the party had ruined it for her, before that, she had great fun with Matt, getting to really know more about him.

He had been telling her about his enviable dance moves,which she had very much wanted to see, when Krystal walked in.

Just as she was thinking about what those dance moves would look like, she heard her name shouted out loud.

"Honey! Honey! HONEY!"

"Alright, I'm coming Cece," she shouted back.

She shuffled down the hall in her white bunny slippers, pink dressing gown and pink dotted satin pajama set.

"Whats the matter, Cece?"

"You have a visitor, Hon," Cece smiled.

And there right in front of her was Matt, looking like he had just walked off of the cover of GQ. He was in a pale blue shirt, its first two buttons undone and grey suit trousers. His hair perfectly coiffed and those beautiful eyes smiling at her.

"Hey Honey," he spoke softly, looking her right in the eye.

"Hey Matt" she replied, shying away from his gaze. Then she caught sight of her appearance in the mirror.

She looked horrendous, no make up, her hair in a giant top knot. She wanted the ground to swallow her up, he was standing there looking like Adonis and she was in her kiddy pajamas.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you, Matt. I've even started walking faster," she said excitedly, trying to move past how ridiculous she looked.

"Well, that's perfect because I want to take you out for the day. I think we should go to the zoo." He smiled.

"Yeah I'd love to. I mean... umm, sure, it sounds like fun. Just let me go and get dressed. I'll be as quick as I can."

She didn't want to sound too eager. But she couldn't think of anything she wanted to do more than spend the day with him.

With that, she walked back down the corridor.

- - - - - - -

"So Matt, the zoo seems like an odd choice of places to go? I didn't think you even liked the zoo?" Cece teased.

"I remembered her saying at the party that she hadn't been there before. So I thought it would be nice if she could walk around at her own pace and rest whenever. I brought a picnic too." he beamed.

"Well, look at you, acting all romantic. In all seriousness, Matt, I know you like her and she is very fond of you, but you are married. Your wife is the devil incarnate and I couldn't care less if she got hurt. Hell, I think I'd enjoy it. But not Honey, she's fragile. I may be your sister, but she is my best friend and she means so much to me."

"So, if this whole thing is just you trying to get into her pants, you need to stop. She is not a toy. However if you like her, I mean really like her, then you need to do something about the status of your marriage, because I know what Honey is like and she will not be your bit on the side. I don't necessarily mean right now, but you need to think about what you want and how you're going to achieve it ." Cece said barely stopping for breath.

Matt just stood there, mouth agape, unable to speak.

'Had his sister really just said all that to him?' he thought.

It really gave him some food for thought. He knew he had to make some kind of decision on the matter, he had simply pushed it to the back of his mind.

There were more than a few reasons for this including; fear, what if she didn't love him. Routine, he and Krystal had been together for years. But the overriding reason was his concern regarding what Krystal would do to her, Krystal was so manipulative. He didn't want Honey to come into contact with that aspect of his wife's character. She'd been hurt enough already.

Honey walking back into the room broke him out of his dazed state.

She looked so beautiful that seeing her made his heart beat just that little bit faster.

She was wearing a knee length peach sundress with tie up straps, brown wooden heeled wedges and a little flower print jacket. Her hair was tied to the side in a messy fishtail plait with a cute peach bow clipping her fringe to the side. She wore minimal makeup, just a little mascara and clear lipgloss. She looked perfect.

"Wow, you look stunning" he said instinctively.

She blushed, looking at her shoes with an embarrassed smile "Thank you, are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, I'll drop her back safe and sound. Don't worry, Cece."

"Don't bring her back too late." She giggled.

- - - - - - - - -

Matt had decided to pick Honey up with the Range Rover. He thought about showing off with one of the expensive cars, but he knew that kind of stuff wouldn't impress her. So he opted for the most comfortable ride because even though he knew she was near on back to full health, he still worried about her being in any kind of pain or discomfort.

He helped her into the passenger seat. And soon they were on their way.

The chatted on the way to the zoo as Matt drove through the city. He thought things would be awkward between them, but Honey's happy demeanour made it easy to make small talk with her.

When they finally arrived, Matt helped her out of the car like a true gentleman and they walked into the zoo.

Honey was in awe of all the animals, she had always been interested in them so at every opportunity she told Matt interesting factoids.

"Did you know that the Cassowary is the most dangerous bird in the world?" She said staring at its big enclosure.

"No, I didn't actually" he replied with a small smile. She was so cute, looking round the zoo like a kid at Christmas. So vibrant and happy. Beautiful.

They looked at the tropical birds and fish before going into the lemur walk where one proceeded to throw bits of apple at Matt, which Honey found hysterical.

They had been walking round for a couple of hours, so Matt decided to stop for lunch and have the picnic he had packed. Not only was he hungry, he realised they needed to stop now or they wouldn't finish in time for his surprise. She'd love it when she found out.

They sat at a table of picnic benches and Matt put his backpack down on the table. Honey gave him a puzzled look.

"It's not really your style to carry a backpack, is it?"

He laughed at her sharp observation. "You're right there, but how else was I going to carry all this?"

With that, he started pulling all kinds of delicious treats from the backpack. There were salmon and cream cheese sandwiches plus turkey sandwiches with stuffing, brie and cranberry . Both her favourites, all cut into neat little triangles.

Then, he brought out a big packet of sea salt and cracked pepper crisps and two bottles of pink lemonade.

And for afters, chocolate-covered strawberries and red velvet cupcakes.

Honey let out a little squeal as if someone has hugged her a little too hard.

"Matt-I-can't-believe-it-you-remembered-all-my-favourites-this-is-amazing-thank-you-so-much!" She rambled all in one excited breath.

"You don't have to thank me. I wanted to give you a great first zoo experience." He smiled.

"It's just amazing I don't know what else to say." She beamed at him.

They spent their lunch chatting and eating all the lovely delights Matt brought. Things were going along so well that he never wanted the day to end.

After they had finished lunch and cleared away the mess, they started walking towards the penguin and sea lion enclosure, which was set on what looked like a big boat with a giant tank underneath for the animals to swim around in.

As they walked across the wooden slats on the way to the sea lion tank. Honey realised that there was no one else there. Matt led them through heavy metal doors and they were suddenly on the other side of the railings where they were greeted by a keeper.

"Hi Matt, hi Honey," she smiled then turned to face Honey.

"Honey, I don't know if Matt has told you, but you're going to feed the sea lions today."

Honey gasped. She looked at Matt who was grinning at her, then back at the keeper.

"Really?!" She exclaimed

"Yes really, I've got these buckets of fish and some gloves for you. At the moment, the tank is housing two bulls, three cows and you're very lucky because we have a young calf in the nursing pool. So we are going to feed them and I can tell you a bit about them."

The rest of their time at the zoo learning about the sea lions, feeding them, throwing them toys and having a great time.

Honey couldn't believe how much fun it was at the zoo and all the stops Matt had pulled out for her. It was more than she could ever have hoped for and she wished the day would never end.

When they finally left the zoo, Matt didn't want to drop her home, the day had been the best day he could ever have wished for. She was everything he ever wanted and more.

They were chatting away so much in the car that Honey didn't notice when they drove past Cece's apartment building. It wasn't until they stopped at a parking lot that she realised they weren't home.

"Do you need to do something before you drop me back?" Honey smiled

'She is so unbelievably sweet' he thought.

"No, I just thought we've been having such a nice time. Why end it so abruptly? You don't have anything planned, do you?" He thought quickly.

She beamed. "There's nowhere else I'd rather be."

They walked round to the front of the restaurant.

They had arrived at Le Petit Bijou, a little French bistro on the outskirts of the city.

"This place is beautiful," she whispered.

He just smiled.

She was in awe, the quaint bistro was located just off the main road, it had a wide window framed with dark mahogany with the restaurant's name in gold along the middle. Both sides of the window had baskets adorned with stunning, bright flowers.

They walked in as a man came running up to Matt "Mathias, comment vas-tu mon fils? Êtes-vous malade? Vous regardez si mince. Nous avons besoin de vous nourrir?

"Nice to see you too, I'm fine, Uncle Gabe. No, I'm not ill and yes, I've been eating. Just been laying off all the carbs and rich food!"

"So, who's this beautiful young lady you've brought to my humble little restaurant?" Gabe said in a thick French accent, kissing her hand.

Matt felt a tinge of jealousy at that gesture, he shouldn't, he knew that. Not only was this man practically his uncle who would never ever cheat on his wife or betray Matt no matter who honey was. Honey also wasn't his. They were friends. He had no right to be possessive.

He didn't know how to introduce her to Gabe. 'The most amazing women he'd ever met? The glimmer of hope in my otherwise bleak existence? The woman of my dreams? The person I'd give up everything for? The light of my life? The person I want to grow old with? The single most important thing to me? The love of my life?'

"This is Honey."

As he spoke, he couldn't help but just stand and take her in, she was so beautiful. Effortlessly. Seeing her healthy warmed his heart. When she was in a coma, looking so frail and unwell, it made his heart ache. And to know the reason she was in that state may have had something to do with him made it so much worse. It broke his heart into a million pieces. If anything had happened to her he didn't think he would survive.

"Lovely to meet you."

Matt noticed Honey giving him a shy look.

"Oh sorry, this is my Uncle Gabriel, we all call him Gabe. So uncle, do you mind if we sit by the big window?"

"You don't want to sit in your usual spot, Mathias?! Over in the back corner?" He pointed.

"Not today, I know how much Honey loves people watching," he replied with a wide smile.

They sat down on the beautiful mahogany chairs which were adorned with soft maroon velvet cushions. They matched the deep wooden table, which in turn matched the warm, comforting decor of the room.

Matt had always loved coming here. It was like a second home.

"So that's where your surname comes from, your family is French?" Honey enquired softly.

"Yes, they are. Well, my father's family was French and my mother is a mix of Norweigan and English. Gabe isn't actually my uncle though, my father met him when Gabe moved to the UK when he was 19. They went to university together and they've been friends ever since. We grew up around his wife and him, and since then, he's always been known as our uncle. He's practically family though."

She was staring at him, listening so intently to what he had to say, he loved that about her. When they conversed, she was fully engaged, taking in everything he said. She actually listened to him. He could be talking about the most pointless, boring topic and she would give it her undivided attention, like nothing else in the world mattered.

"I think he must have rubbed off on you, you have the same charm." She giggled shyly, her face becoming slightly flushed.

"Miss Richards, are you trying to say I'm a flirt?" He asked with a look of fake hurt on his face.

"No, of course not, Mr De Mont, I'm simply saying you have a way about you." She laughed again, this time looking into her lap.

'God she took his breath away with the simplest actions.' he thought.

When she looked back up, Matt was staring at her, he couldn't help it. She had such an innocent beauty, untainted, unadulterated. Simple, undeniable beauty.

She started to nervously play with the fork under the intensity of his gaze. He knew he was making her uncomfortable, but he couldn't help it, he would never stop being mesmerised by her.

He stilled her hand, held it in his, before bringing it up to his lips to softly kiss the back.

He didn't know why he did it, he just couldn't help it, his mind began to race as she just stared at him.

Was she angry? Uncomfortable? He knew he took it too far, he shouldn't have done it but It was involuntary he just had to touch her.

He tried to read what she was feeling through her warm amber orbs, he could see she was confused and nervous, but there was something else there that he couldn't make out. It wasn't lust, it was something deeper.

Then Gabe came over, he placed her hand back on the table. He'd completely forgotten that they had come to eat, he just wanted to spend time with her. In fact, he wasn't even feeling hungry when he thought about it. Well, not for food anyway.

"What would you two like to drink then?"

"I'll have a sparkling water, please" Matt answered first.

"Can I have a cranberry juice, please?"

"Perfect, I'll be back in a moment. "

"You could have something a bit stronger if you want? I'm only having water because I'm driving."

She hesitated. He could see a hint of discomfort and the sadness in her eyes.

Then he remembered. The accident.

"I'm so sorry, Honey, I didn't mean to remind you."

"No, don't be silly. Thank you for the offer, I'm just not up to drinking yet. Maybe next time." She smiled weakly, but nonetheless tried to reassure him.

He decided to change the subject.

"So have you seen anything you like on the menu yet?"

There were no other awkward moments in the meal after that. Matt tried his best to keep his hands and lips to himself.

They had a three course meal even though Matt wasn't particularly hungry, he just wanted to maximise the time they could spend together.

The moans that emitted from her mouth when she tried the boeuf bourguignon nearly made him jump over the table and crush his mouth on her soft lips.

It felt like they had spent no time together at all when he looked at his Rolex and realised that it was 11pm and he should probably be getting this gorgeous woman home.

He paid the bill after great protest from Honey, who wanted to pay after their wonderful picnic and zoo trip. He thought it was very cute that she wanted to pay. Krystal had never offered to buy him a cup of tea, let alone an à la càrte meal in their years of marriage. He wouldn't let her pay though, he wanted this to be his day of treats for her.

Not only did he feel guilty about the accident and Krystal. More than anything, he wanted to show her how she should be treated: like a princess.

They said their goodbyes to Gabe and walked to the car. They talked for a while before they got into Matt's Range Rover.

They sat in a comfortable silence for most of the journey home. They were both happy just quietly having each other's company.

When Matt finally arrived outside Cece's apartment, he came round to help Honey out of the car.

"Honestly, I'm fine Matt," she said, getting out.

"I just don't want you getting hurt."

She beamed at him. "You're a medical consultant Mr De Mont, you know I'm not a china doll, I won't break."

They stood just looking at each other for what felt like minutes, neither one of them wanting to take the step to end their time together.

Matt found himself involuntarily edging toward her.

He broke their eye contact, giving her a tight hug. He never wanted to let her go. When he finally let go, he didn't pull away immediately. Instead, he just looked at her and before he had time to think about what he was doing, his lips were lightly pressed against hers in a sweet and tentative kiss.

mimi186
mimi186
63 Followers