Serial Bad Decisions

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I don't know why but I expected to see Carla behind the desk at the station when I went in; I mean that's what 'desk sergeant' implies, right? Instead there was a bored looking, baby-faced youngster who looked like he should still be at school. He looked up as I walked in.

"Is Carla around?" I asked politely. A look of incomprehension crossed his face. "Sergeant Owen?" I added helpfully.

"Oh, the Headmistress." He grinned as he realised who I was talking about. "She's checking the drunks in the cells at the moment sir."

I smirked at her nickname, knowing immediately how she'd come by it, and wondering if she knew about it.

"Well could you ask her if she'll see me when she's done? It's a personal matter."

"A personal matter? I didn't know the sarge still had those." He beamed. "What name shall I tell her sir?"

"Tell her it's the idiot from earlier today. She'll know who that is."

"Very well. If you'd like to take a seat, I'm sure she won't be long."

As I sat down the young policeman went off to locate Carla and pass on my message. He was soon back with a smiling Carla.

"I guessed it was you Dave; I don't meet that many idiots when I'm off-duty." She said laughingly as I stood back up.

"I worked it out Carla; at least I hope I have or every stupid thing I've done before will pale into insignificance when I tell you what I think it is."

Carla took my arm.

"I'm sure you're right, so come outside and tell me without an audience." With a nod of her head she indicated three or faces watching us from the other side of the desk.

She led me out of the station and around a corner until we were out of sight of prying ears and eyes. There was a hint of hope in her eyes as she said: "Okay, tell me." That reinforced the feeling that I was right about this. Taking a deep breath I plunged in with both feet.

"I'm sorry that I didn't realise earlier that our feelings toward each other were mutual and not one-sided on my part."

The relief on Carla's face told me I was spot-on for once.

"Not entirely your fault; I could have said something." She said meekly.

"Why didn't you?"

"Because of the lack of attention you gave me. I thought you had someone else."

"Someone else? Carla, I worshipped the ground you walked on."

"You disguised it well."

"Of course I did. I thought you were in love with my best friend, not me. And in any case, what girl ever looked at me twice?"

"You'd be surprised. Quite a few girls at school expressed more than a passing interest in my broody friend, but I put them off. Sorry." She added at the shocked look that crossed my face.

"I don't believe it." I said.

"It's true. I wasn't the goody-two-shoes you think. I let them think there was something wrong with you, without being specific."

"Not that, shocking as it is. I don't believe that any girl, especially you, was remotely interested in me."

"I forgot about your innate ability to do yourself down; I've missed that." She stroked the side of my face, looking into my eyes to reassure me that it was true.

"Is it permissible to kiss a police officer?" I asked softly before I brushed my lips against hers.

"Depends which officer you're thinking of kissing." She breathed in my ear.

"I was thinking, maybe Tina?" I smirked and then crushed my mouth to hers.

12