Service with a Smile Ch. 02

Story Info
A hotel executive has to care for a guest who broke her leg.
1.6k words
3.85
10.9k
6

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/20/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Once again as the paramedics unloaded her, she moaned as she was moved. She looked over at me and said "My insurance card and ID is in the 2nd pocket of my wallet inside my purse."

I took the wallet out and gave her a reassuring smile.

We were taken into the triage area of the ER where Kelly was unstrapped from the stretcher and transferred onto a gurney. There was an audible yelp and grimace that came with the move.

A nurse entered the room. She was in her 30's. She had a perky smile. "Someone's having a bad day." She said with a semi serious look.

Kelly actually managed a laugh. The nurse, whose hospital badge indicated her name was Laura, pulled a blood pressure cuff from a pocket in her scrubs.

"What happened?" She asked in a southern accent, wrapping the cuff around Kelly's upper arm.

"Long story, but I fell from a stage at my hotel and landed on my right ankle which took all the weight and then some." Kelly replied in a calm voice.

Laura did not reply. She listened intently to Kelly's pulse and watched the dial of the pressure indicator. "Blood pressure's a bit low but nothing to be worried about."

Laura inserted a thermometer in Kelly's mouth.

As Laura was removing the thermometer, a middle aged doctor entered the room. He came to Kelly's side. Laura stepped into a corner. This was now the doctor's show.

"I'm Dr. Reed." He said extending a hand to Kelly and then to me.

"So what happened here?" Dr. Reed said as he pointed to Kelly's leg.

"I fell from an elevated stage; I think I may have a trimalleolar ankle fracture." Replied Kelly

Dr. Reed, looking surprised said - "Oh that sounds like you know your way around an orthopedics textbook!"

"With a weak smile, Kelly explained to Dr. Reed that she was an orthopedic nurse.

Dr. Reed took out a stethoscope. He zipped down Kelly's Nike Dry fit jacket revealing a black Nike tank top. He placed the stethoscope on Kelly's chest and listened intently.

This was the first time I noticed Kelly's firm B cup breasts.

"Are you in much pain?" Dr. Reed asked.

"Yes. A lot when I move the leg. It was numb at first but it's getting worse."

"Here's what we're going to do." He said in a professional, calm tone.

"Laura is going to get you out of that splint so we can get some x-rays of the leg. Once we see the x-rays, we can discuss what we need to do to get you fixed up."

Kelly nodded, probably already knowing what the next steps were.

"I'll be back after x-rays." The doctor said. Laura and Dr. Reed then left the room.

Kelly grimaced in pain as she laid back down.

"Cheer up." I said. "Everything will be fine." Of course I had no idea whether everything would be fine or not, but it was my job to keep her comfortable.

Laura returned holding a tray with a hypodermic needle and asked Kelly to extend her arm. Kelly closed her eyes as Laura gave her the shot. "That should start taking effect in a minute or two." Laura disposed of the spent needle. She leaned comfortably against a set of cabinet's.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your splint off."

Kelly nodded. As we waited for the shot to take hold, we chatted idly. Kelly remarked - "well I'm guessing that I'm going to miss my big speech tonight. But speeches are not my thing, so sitting in this gurney might actually be a better deal for me!"

I was immediately taken by her sense of humor. Being able to make jokes while the jagged ends of your bones move freely in your leg... that gives a woman huge points in my book!

That is when Laura returned to the room and said "Are we ready for the fun part? I'm kidding of course. Before we take you back to x-ray I'm going to have to take your shoe and sock off. Hopefully the shot I gave you dulls the pain while I do this. Ready?"

"I'm ready. I've been on the other end of this a few times, now I get to see how much torture this really is!" replied Kelly.

"I'm going to be as careful as I can." Laura said. She carefully untied Kelly's Nike running shoe. Very gently she started tugging on the laces to loosen them.

"Almost there." Laura said encouragingly. With practiced hands, she, lifted Kelly's leg, and pulled the shoe free.

Throughout the process, Kelly lay back with her eyes closed. Her hands grasped the side of the gurney rails tightly. Kelly let out a soft sound as Laura removed her shoe. It was almost a moan. I assumed the pain had been dulled to the point screaming wasn't necessary.

Laura then said "ok, we won't be able to save your sock" while taking a pair of shears from her pocket. She cut carefully down the top of Kelly's no show athletic sock. Kelly still had her head back and eyes closed. As Laura reached and cut through the toe of her sock and it popped off, Kelly moaned "Oh God"

I could only imagine that she was trying to cope with the pain as best as possible.

"Then she was silent again eyes still closed. Kelly's foot was pale and slightly moist from perspiration. As expected, her toenails were painted the same, soft pink as her fingernails. Her toes were shaped perfectly. A nice length; not to short, not too long; perfect thickness. The 2nd toe was almost even in length to the big toe. And they looked to be very well cared for. Of course, the swelling had started to set in a little. There was a horrible lump around her ankle. But even then, her foot was gorgeous.

"Ok we're off to x-rays. "I'm sorry that hurt so much." Laura said.

"That's ok. I've dished out enough pain in my career; I guess it is my turn to receive it. " Kelly said.

Laura placed the running shoe and the remnants of Kelly's sock on the counter. She flipped up the wheel locks on the gurney and tightened the restraint again around Kelly's waist. Laura gave me a smile. "You wait here, Ryan. Kelly and I will be back in 20 minutes."

I looked at the clock. 3:05 PM. We had been at the hospital just 45 minutes. I realized that I had the beginnings of an erection. The thought of Kelly in a cast did excite me. I wondered how big it would be. Would she even have a cast? Maybe she would be sent home today with a splint or soft cast. Or maybe would they stick her in one of those lame boots? I then went back to the thought of the cast - hoping that she would be sent back to the hotel with her toes sticking out of a gorgeous cast. I would help her back to the hotel and then I'm sure she would want my help in arranging immediate travel back to her Midwestern hometown. I figured I would get to be around her for the next 6 or 8 hours until we could get her on a red eye back home. I was ecstatic... My erection was now in full effect.

I heard a noise in the corridor. Laura returned pushing Kelly's gurney into the examining room. Kelly looked awful. Her face was flushed and red.

"What happened?" I asked.

Laura locked the wheels of the gurney once more. She spoke. "They had to get shots of the leg from three different angles. There was a lot of moving around. But Kelly did great. If I didn't know better I would have thought she was enjoying it. But that's just her being a pro."

Kelly again smiled weakly. "It was a ball of fun the first 2 times I literally felt the bones in my ankle moving. The 3rd time was a little rough!"

Laura placed Kelly's x-rays in an overhead viewer. She did not turn on the light. She knew already, of course, that Kelly's leg was broken. I hoped my Kelly would not need surgery.

"How are you holding up?" I asked. As I instinctively reached out and took Kelly's hand in mine. It felt right. She needed someone to comfort her during this time of trauma.

"I'm fine." She replied. She gave me a smile. "I can't thank you for being here with me. You don't understand how helpful it is, even though we've known each other for about an hour!"

"Don't worry about it. I'm glad to be here. I like making new friends!" I replied.

"So, you're the professional, Kelly, do you think you will need surgery?"

"God I hope I don't need surgery. Knowing what I know about orthopedics, surgery gets you fixed quick, but all that metal in your leg is going to give you a lifetime of problems. And I'm pretty active. I love to run and play tennis. If your bones can heal naturally, and you do your rehab, you have a much better chance of returning to normal activities. Unless the doc says that I'm going to need my leg amputated, I'm not having surgery." She said.

I tried to think of a positive reply. "Don't worry, I've got your back if they try to force you into something you don't want" I said.

She smiled at me and squeezed my hand.