Seven Days Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're not going to take your clothes?" Nic asked, leaning against the wall. He would try to act like it didn't matter. Try being the operative word. He was good with a poker face.

"They're not mine," Victoria said as she walked towards the door.

"I gave them to you as a gift," he said softly. "I'd like you to keep them."

Victoria paused at the door. "I don't want them," she said as she pulled the door open and closed it behind her.

"Good bye, Victoria," Nic whispered to himself. He wasn't sure how long after she had left that he remained motionless, leaning against the wall...but he knew when he left this place, he knew it would be a long time before he'd ever return.

Nic tried to walk out calmly, but he felt the heat rising through his body. "Fuck!!" he shouted as he threw a lamp into the bar area, shattering glass all over the floor. He pushed his hands through his hair and walked out, slamming the door behind him. He couldn't let her go that easily.

*************************

Victoria leaned her head against the bus window. This was the third and final bus before she reached her parents' apartment. She looked out onto the street and saw a few homeless men sitting in between cracks and corners of buildings. She saw groups of middle or high school kids playing around while walking down the street. She saw the old basketball court she had walked by a million times. It was empty, most likely due to the cold. She sighed as the bus turned a familiar corner and made its way down to her street. When she finally reached the area where her apartment was located, she exited the bus and stared at the ugly brick building. It seemed like forever since she had been there.

When Victoria unlocked the door to the apartment, she instantly smelled her mother's cooking. That memorable smell made her feel all warm inside, despite it being freezing cold outside. She figured they had probably settled in for an early nap. She quietly tiptoed to the couch. She noticed new blankets were folded up and placed at the bottom of the couch. She figured her mother had probably been sleeping out here. She did that from time to time when she wasn't getting along with James. That would usually force Victoria to sleep on the hard floor. But they must have gotten over their problems if her mom was back in bed with her dad.

It felt so good to actually be back among normal people. People who didn't jet set to exotic locations. Or have cooks and housekeepers and drive in the latest cars that had been imported from overseas. Yes, the land of the normal people was where she fit in. She sat down and was about to lean her head back, when the overhead light blinded her.

"What are you doing here?" her father's voice asked. She turned around, and was about to smile until she saw the mean expression covering his face. What now?

"Hi daddy, I've missed--,"

"I asked you whatchu doing here?" James repeated, folding his arms across his chest.

Victoria didn't know what to make of her father's unwelcome greeting. She studied the hard lines in his face and the tiny patches of gray that settled to the right side of his head. Her father looked much older than he was. And he had a constant wrinkle in his forehead from worry and disgust. He was always one of those two things. Worried or disgusted. And right now he looked disgusted. She looked behind him, and noticed her mother joining her father's side.

"Um, I've come to move back in," Victoria said, looking from her mother to her father.

"No the hell you haven't! You're not welcome in my place," James said.

Victoria stood in the middle of the floor, completely confused. Was her father joking? He never joked, but he had to be. Not welcome?

"You think people didn't tell me what you was doing with him? How you erased our debt? Oh, I know. I know everything," he spat out, narrowing his eyes at her.

Shit. She knew people talked, but she had hoped staying out of town would have stopped any rumors spreading. But...as always, they did. "Daddy, I--," Victoria started again.

"You hear me? You're not welcome here. I don't want some trashy daughter who whore herself around in my place!"

"James, don't call her that!" her mom shot at him, while tying her robe around her.

"Why not? It's the truth. I never in a million years think you stoop so low to clear our debt," James said, his eyes raking over her body in repulsion.

Victoria started to feel her blood boil and tears brimming on the surface of her eyes. Damn it, you better not cry, she chastised herself. Stand up!

"First off, it's not OUR debt, it was YOUR debt. But because of your bad decisions, me and mommy were drug down with you. You think this is what I wanted?! To do that?! He threatened to hurt you two if I didn't. And now, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have, but then, I didn't know that. I did it for you, and this is the treatment I get? Trust me, daddy, I already feel bad enough. You don't have to add to that," Victoria shouted, letting the tears finally fall.

"Calm down, honey. Everything just happened so fast. One moment you're here, the next we hear these awful things about you living with him--," her mom said, before her father interrupted.

"No, not living with him! From what I heard, she was staying at a separate location since he's MARRIED, and he would go whore around with her there. He didn't even have the decency to let her live in his home. Either she was just too dumb to get it or enjoyed being a common slut."

How dare he stand there and call her names. He knew NOTHING about what she had gone through. She was sick of this. Her body was weak and she needed rest. "Daddy, you don't know what went on between us. You have no clue. But I'm tired now, and I'm going to bed," Victoria said, while picking up her bag and heading to the bathroom. Her father caught her arm and swung her backwards, almost knocking her off balance.

"Oh, no you're not! I'm not having my enemy's slut staying in my house. You aren't welcome, now leave!" he demanded.

Olivia sucked in a gasp. "James, you ain't putting her out on the street like that. It's freezing out there," Olivia stated.

"This is my Goddamn apartment! My name is on the lease and she can't stay here. Seems like you gave that white man exactly what he wanted, now you gonna come crying to us. I don't think so! I swear before God, I'll drag you out of this house myself. Or call the cops. Street seem exactly where you would be best off. Make some more money I guess. You ain't no child of mine, you hear me!" James yelled furiously, while jerking her bag from her and flinging it towards the door.

Victoria's face was on fire with shame and shock. She couldn't believe she was being treated like this by her father. Someone who was supposed to love her unconditionally. Not that he had ever shown her that growing up. The only reason she was even in this situation was because her love for them...or at least her mom, WAS unconditional. She did all of this for them. She could have left home, started a new life, and left Nic to do whatever to her family. And this is her treatment in the end. But she knew her father...he would put her out or call the cops. He was like Mr. Parker in more ways than one.

She couldn't even look at him anymore. She turned to her mother, who was on the verge of tears herself. "Mommy, I don't have anywhere to go," she whispered, pleading with her mother to overturn her father's statement. Her mother quickly looked away. The sure sign that she was going to let her husband win this battle. Victoria felt so hurt and betrayed. She stared at her mother's turned down face a few moments longer, while a tear rolled down her cheek. Victoria nodded and walked to the door to retrieve her small duffel bag. She quickly wiped at another tear and exited her parents' apartment without looking back.

**********************

Outside, the cold air hit her, stinging her face. She could see her breath every time she breathed in and out. She wrapped her coat tightly around her and started walking towards her old bus stop. She had taken that bus everywhere. To school, to the mall...back when life was less confusing and harsh.

She sat down on the cold metal bench to think. It would be getting dark soon, and she only had twenty-two dollars and eighteen cents in her purse. She had to think of something. She refused to go back to Paul. He had already shown her more generosity than she felt she deserved. She looked out at some of the stores that were starting to turn on their closed signs. Fuck, it was freezing. She needed to think of something soon.

Victoria had worked all through school, so she never really hung out with anyone. Not anyone she could actually call on to stay with for a while. Yet another reason she resented her father. And her high school boyfriend had moved away a few years ago, or else he probably would have helped her out. But there was one other person. Perhaps there was one other person who could help her out of her homeless situation. She prayed that she could still call him "friend" even after what he knew about her and the way he was treated by Nic. She used the last of her money to hail a cab to Antonio's house. She was thankful that she had paid attention that night to where he lived.

When she arrived at Antonio's, she knocked on the door. She had worked on her speech in the cab about what she was going to say to him. She realized she was showing up out of the blue and she didn't want to seem desperate...although she was. This was her last resort. If Antonio wouldn't accept her, perhaps she could find a shelter...but the thought of that made her miserable.

When Antonio answered the door, she watched the perplexed look on his face. He glanced around her looking down the street, and then he looked back at her again. "Victoria? What's wrong?"

"Hi, Antonio. Um, I know this is going to sound strange since I haven't spoken to you in a few weeks, but, I—I...oh, shit," Victoria whispered before she burst into a flood of tears and buried her face in her hands. She felt so pathetic. She thought she had been so brave today by leaving Nic, only to fall apart at her father's words. But at least she had refused to let Nic or her father see her cry.

"Holy fuck," Antonio said, as he ushered her into his house. He quickly closed the door, then turned around and grabbed her in a bear hug. "Sshh, what's wrong?" he asked.

Victoria didn't want to let go of him. She buried her face into his chest and wept. Finally, someone who fucking cared if she was on the street and freezing to death. Someone whom she hoped who would treat her like a human being, and not some item or thing.

"Ssh...tell, me what happened," he said, as he pulled away from her and rubbed his warm hands over her frozen ones.

After a few moments, Victoria was able to calm down enough to explain to Antonio what happened. She told him everything and he sat and listened, nodding every now and then. When she was completely done, he pulled her close for another hug.

"You're alright now, you know. And I know what you need. A nice, hot shower," he said, as he grabbed her hand and led her upstairs. He handed her a towel, washcloth and one of his large t-shirts.

"Okay, now it's not much of a bathroom, but hey, the shower works and the toilet flushes. That's all I need," he smiled at her. Victoria nodded in agreement.

His bathroom was one tenth the size of Nic's, but something about that made her feel more comfortable. You certainly couldn't make love in his shower, but just that thought made Victoria want to burst into tears. She thought about that first kiss. How soft Nic's lips were, and how he had been staring back and forth from her eyes to her lips the whole time she had been talking to him. She let the hot water pour over her cold body...feeling as though little needles were pricking her.

Antonio stood outside the bathroom, leaning against the wall. He shoved his hands into his pockets, tilted his head back and sighed. Nic's words to him at his party ran over and over inside his head. He knew some would think him a fool, but there was no way in hell he could have turned her away. Consequences be damned. In a way, he was glad she had come to him. The thought of her being out there on the streets, while it's dark and freezing cold...sent a shiver down his spine. Thinking about all the lowlifes who could have hurt her and how scared she would have been pissed him off. But...this was Nic's girl. And he had already been warned. Antonio wasn't naïve. You don't fuck with these guys. They don't believe in calling the police or getting the courts involved. They accused, tried and executed those they felt deserved it.

He heard the water shut off. He would deal with all of this later. Right now the most important thing was that she was happy and safe. Right now, that was all that mattered. Something about this girl made him feel overprotective of her. Even the first day he met her. He knew she was miserable at that party, and he wanted to see her smile. So invited her to his party instead. Something told him she would like it more. Until Nic showed up.

When Victoria got out and dried off, she put on his large shirt and pulled her jeans back on. She met him back out in the hallway. He grabbed her hand and led her to the end of the hallway.

"And you can take my bedroom," he said, while opening the door.

Judging on his room, he was definitely not expecting company. There were clothes all over his floor and a plate of food sitting on the floor by the bed. Pictures of different rappers and naked women littered his walls. She couldn't be sure, but she thought she saw a questionable plant in the corner of his room.

"Uh, yeah...I believe in an herbal existence," Antonio said, noticing her staring at the plant. Victoria burst into a laugh. She sat down on the messy bed and looked up at him.

"I can take the couch. I would feel bad kicking you out of your room," Victoria said, but Antonio wouldn't hear of it. "No, absolutely not. My momma raised me better than that," he said, winking at her.

"Where's Sean?" Victoria asked, remembering Antonio's roommate's name.

"Oh, he's visiting family back on the west coast. He'll be gone for the rest of the week."

That put Victoria a little more at ease. She already felt like she was imposing on Antonio, and she would feel even worse about imposing on Sean since she really didn't know him.

"I just want you to know that this is just until I can get back up on my feet, I promise. Then I'll be out of your way. And I'll be searching for a job first thing tomorrow morning," Victoria promised.

"Nah, don't worry about that...plus I'm sure Sean would love having you here...and would try to persuade you to take his bed...with him in it," Antonio laughed. But then his facial expressions became serious. "But seriously, don't sleep in his bed. Some of the girls he's brought back...have been questionable. I really think one was a dude. He claims it wasn't...but her hands were bigger than mine. I'm just saying," Antonio warned.

Victoria burst out laughing again. Yes, she would be okay now. As long as she was far away from Nic, she would be fine.

*********************

Later that night, Antonio had left to grab them some pizza, beer and movies to settle in for the night. Victoria felt horrible that she couldn't contribute any money to the food. She had to laugh at the fact that earlier that morning, she had held seventy thousand dollars, and now she was completely broke.

During the movie, Antonio kept glancing over at Victoria. Her eyes were still a little puffy, and her nose had a slight red tint, but she seemed interested in the film. But his mind was spinning. He had to ask her. He had to know. Finally, halfway through the second film, he spoke up.

"So, you and Mr. Andretti done for sure?" Antonio asked.

"Yes," she said, while still staring at the TV screen.

"Do you think he'll come after me, you know, since you were his girl, and now you're back at my place?" Antonio asked, taking a sip of his beer.

Victoria thought about it. Nic was so confusing to her. He ignored her at his party, yet came to drag her away from Antonio's. He cut her out of his life without so much a phone call, but then tried to stop her from leaving. She really had no idea. "Honestly Antonio, I don't know. I don't think he would hurt you though. He's so confusing to me."

Antonio laughed, "Gee, that's comforting."

"I'm sorry. Maybe it would be a good idea if I did go. I don't want to cause any problems for you," Victoria said, turning to Antonio. That's the last thing she would want.

"Nah, don't. I'm already getting used to you sitting here on my couch," Antonio winked at her. "Besides, my mom always said I didn't have good sense. So, I'll take the chance." Victoria smiled back, but she could tell he wasn't so comfortable about pissing Nic off for the second time.

"Antonio, what did he say to you that night, when he came to take me from here?" she asked. It had been bugging her for a while now.

Antonio leaned back against the couch and sighed. "He said if I didn't want to know what the inside of a body bag looked like, then I better never touch you again."

Victoria's mouth dropped. "He said that to you?" Antonio nodded and took another sip of his drink.

Victoria turned her attention back toward the movie. "I'm sure he said it to try and scare you. He's bluffing."

Antonio shook his head. "See, Victoria...I know you would like to think that, but he's really not bluffing. Guys like him are serious and I'm sure plenty of people have seen a body bag because of Nic."

That sent a chill up Victoria's spine. She thought about the Nic who kept grabbing her ass and kissing her neck while she was staring at paintings at the museum. They way he had started to joke with her. The way he carried her from the shower to the bedroom after their intense kiss. His soft expression when she woke him up the next morning. Nic wasn't all bad. He wasn't this guy that Antonio was making him out to be. But then again, she had seen him switch up his personality on her. Turn completely cold. Maybe he was capable of such things.

"I'm sure it will be alright. I don't think he knows where I am, and I won't be here for long," Victoria assured him while trying to convince herself.

Victoria noticed Antonio turn back to the TV and continue sipping on his beer, but she could tell at this point that he was no longer paying attention. And she wasn't either. Her mind was reeling from everything that had happened over the past two days. How quickly everything had unraveled...and she still wasn't quite sure what had happened. But it was all over with now, and she would wake up in the morning and try to get on with her life, the life she'd been living before Nic became such a significant part of it.