Sex and the Capital

Story Info
A young senator begins an affair with an intern.
3.1k words
4.2
31k
15

Part 1 of the 16 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/12/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Senator Bruce Reingold of Indiana sat listening as Senator Gary Harris of California, a fellow member of the Environment and Public Works Committee, droned on with his normal rhetorical tirade against the American way of life. "...SUVs have got to go, there is no earthly reason for any sane person to own or drive one. Their gas mileage is an abomination; their safety record worse than any other vehicle, the cost shamefully high, and the arrogance of their owners knows no bounds. They have got to go."

Harris continued, slamming his fist down on the table, "People must be forced to cut back on their energy use for the common good. They must turn those thermostats up in the summer and down in the winter. As the government, we should mandate settings and require the manufacturers to build thermostats with minimum and maximum seasonal settings that will guarantee less energy use..."

Tuning him out, Bruce thought back to his first few months in Congress, he was delighted to be appointed to the Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee and the Environment and Public Works Committee. Besides being a farmer, he thought of himself as an environmentalist. It only took three or four hearings before he realized that the committees were far from impartial: the factory farming voice controlled what happened in the Agriculture committee, his constituents, the small farmers, were barely heard; zealots controlled the Environment committee, their agenda was to place the environment before everything else. People and their jobs didn't seem to matter. It was almost like people were not part of nature; that they were some alien life form that intruded upon it. He knew that he was naive, but he believed they were there to represent the people. He was having a hard time coming to grips with reality. The Special Interest groups really did control Congress.

During his first year on the Environmental committee, he had stood up for his principles and what he thought made the most sense for the country. He couldn't believe it, but the majority of the committee members seemed to discount any evidence that contradicted the radical environmental line; in this committee there weren't two sides to an issue, an opposing view was considered anti-environment.

Harris droned on, "… no reason why anyone should own a house with more than one bedroom per person. Now," he glared at his fellow committee members, "I'm being too generous, really. Do you know…how much energy is wasted cooling and heated the extravagance that has become the average American home?" He slammed his fist on the table again, "Two people living in a house with four bedrooms and three baths is—just wrong!"

Looking around the room, Bruce realized that he wasn't the only one that felt that way. There were several others who also looked either stressed, if they were paying attention, or were oblivious to the ranting of Harris. There is something terribly wrong here. We're supposed to represent the people and we're not even reacting to what's going on.

Frustrated, he leaned back in his chair and looked across at Kathy Ahern, an intern from Mississippi, sitting behind Harris with the other interns. She looked over at him and smiled before turning her attention back to the speaker. Her smile brought him out of his funk. He grinned and continued to watch her.

The Interns basically did what the paid administrative help didn't want to do. Kathy had been an intern for about five months. Bruce had liked her from her first day on the job. He found her eager to help and he would seek her out whenever he needed assistance. The two exchanged glances during the rest of the meeting, improving his morale considerably. He smiled to himself. A little innocent flirtation is just what I needed today.

When the committee meeting ended, the chairman, Senator William Spencer of Nevada called Bruce aside. "I know this is short notice, but the State Department wants us to entertain a delegation from Kenya tomorrow. I'll do the presentation in the morning, we'll take them to lunch and then I want you to give them a tour of the capital building in the afternoon."

Bruce looked down at his watch. Damn, it's five o'clock on Friday afternoon and I'm getting this. The irritation on his face was evident when he looked up.

Spencer nodded, "I know. I would blame the State Department but the head of the delegation is the Minister of Environment and Natural Resources. He wants to see us."

"Shit," Bruce said, "I told my staff that nothing was going on this weekend."

"I'll help."

Both senators turned towards the cordial voice of the intern. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I'm not doing anything tomorrow. I can set up the briefing room, make the reservations for lunch and ride herd while you two do your thing."

Bruce smiled brightly, "Well, thank you. I know two of my staff will be relieved."

"You know you don't have to do this, Kathy," Spencer said.

"I know. Tomorrow is another football Saturday. My roommate and her boyfriend will be glued to the TV; I don't have any other plans."

"Okay," the chairman said, smiling at the young intern. "I've got a few things to do, let's meet in my office in an hour. We'll lay out the plan for tomorrow then."

Bruce nodded at him and Kathy said, "I'll be there."

As the chairman walked off Bruce turned to her and said, "You want to get something to eat? We might be here for awhile."

"Let's do, I didn't eat much for lunch, I'm starving."

The two went to the Senate dining room in the basement. The place was nearly deserted, there were only three other patrons and they were sitting across the room. Bruce knew what he wanted to order so he watched her as she looked over the menu. She projected an air of innocence. Her face wasn't beautiful but it lit up when she smiled; she had high cheekbones; beautiful green eyes; blond hair that fell to her shoulders; and lips that were, well, pouty. It was hard to tell about her body, her clothing didn't reveal much. She normally wore loose fitting slacks and blouses or sweaters that could only be described as business-like but feminine.

She looked up, fully aware that he had been watching her. "I'd like a Rueben," she said, placing the menu on the table.

After giving the waitress their order Bruce said, "I don't think we've ever had a conversation that didn't deal with a pending bill. Am I right?"

She nodded and smiled, "I don't think we've ever sat down together before."

"Well then, Miss Ahern, tell me about yourself."

She blushed and said, "Senator, I'm a small town girl from Mississippi. Got an intern appointment after I graduated."

"Where did you go to college?"

"Ole Miss," she replied.

"Are you a Rebel?"

She laughed, "Hardly. I have a degree in Environmental Science. Doing a year as an intern and then back to Ole Miss for graduate school. Does that sound rebellious to you?"

"No. Sounds like someone who knows where they're going."

"What about you, Senator. What's your background?"

"Farming background, graduated from Indiana with an agricultural degree. Got involved with state politics and now I'm the junior senator. My first term, been here for almost two years."

"I see a ring. Married?"

"Yes. My wife and kids are back in Indiana. The kids are teenagers and we didn't want to jerk them out of high school to come here. Besides, my wife doesn't enjoy politics. She's happy to stay in Indiana."

Kathy slowly nodded her head. "I can see someone not liking it here. It really gets hectic at times. You've just been told to come to a meeting at six on a Friday evening to entertain a special delegation on Saturday. I think that says it all."

"Yeah, I'm the only one on the committee who's a geographical bachelor. That's why Spencer asked me to do this."

"Geographical bachelor?"

"You haven't heard that term before?"

Her frown was replaced by a quick smile and she replied, "No. But I just figured it out. It means your wife is not here."

The waiter brought their sandwiches and the two were silent as they ate. Kathy finished the first half of her Rueben and picked up her napkin and dabbed at her mouth. "Where do you live, Senator?"

"Here?"

She nodded her head.

"Georgetown, I have an apartment there, near the university."

She nodded again and picked up the second half of her sandwich.

They were silent again until they finished eating.

"Is there a good Thai restaurant around your apartment?"

"You like Thai food?" he asked.

She touched his hand and said, "Yes, I do. I'm always on the lookout for a new place to go."

Her fingers were warm against the back of his hand. He felt a slight tingle deep in his abdomen, the first stirring of excitement. He looked up into her eyes and found her returning his stare, a smile on her face.

He exhaled lightly and said, "Do you want to go there for dinner after we get rid of the Kenyans tomorrow?"

She continued to look into his eyes as she rubbed her thumb across the back of his hand. "I'd love to."

The feeling in his stomach accelerated and his breath caught for a second. What did I just do? I asked her for a date? Am I crazy?

"Okay," he said, "it's a—date."

She patted his hand and said, "I'm looking forward to tomorrow night."

He placed his hand on the small of her back as they exited the cafeteria on the way to Spencer's office. She glanced over at him, a smile on her face.

* * *

Bruce was sitting near the door in the back of the conference room as the chairman gave the presentation to the Kenyans. He glanced at the door as it opened silently; Kathy stopped for a second and gave a slight wave.

She was wearing a navy blue pinstripe suit. The jacket was cut low enough to slow a bit of cleavage and the skirt stopped just above her knee. She mouthed "Hi" and quietly walked over and sat down next to him.

Bruce leaned over and whispered, "You look lovely."

She patted his leg and said quietly, "Thanks."

An electrical pulse went straight to his groin when her hand touched his leg. He was relieved that it was only a pat. If she left her hand there, he would have become fully aroused. He toyed with the idea of placing his hand on her thigh. Reconsidering his thoughts, he frowned. Get a grip, man; you're married.

The two of them sat silent as the chairman finished his presentation. His mind kept drifting back to this sensual young woman sitting innocently next to him. Stop it! You've been in this position before; just think about something else. He tried but the silent vibes he felt were disconcerting. He didn't know what was wrong with him. This situation wasn't unusual for someone like him. When he felt these stirrings in the past, he put them out of his mind and that was the end of it. Not this time.

"Miss Ahern," the chairman called from the lectern, "Are we ready for lunch?"

"Yes, sir. The van is out front and our reservation is for twelve. We're right on schedule."

He nodded at her and said to the Kenyans, "Gentlemen, follow me," as he headed out of the conference room towards the exit where the van was parked. Bruce and Kathy followed and took the rear seat in the eight-passenger van.

He stopped in the middle of the seat and she scooted in next to him. Their thighs were touching, from hip to knee. After they pulled away from the capital, he placed his hand on her thigh. She placed her hand on top of his as she continued to look out the window.

Bruce had a problem: a full erection. It pressed upward against his slacks, feeling quite uncomfortable. Kathy, sensing what had happened, glanced down as they turned a corner and then resumed studying the street scenes, barely able to hide the smile on her face.

Why am I doing this? He asked himself. His answer was to rationalize it. He hadn't been home in six weeks. Besides that, after two kids and eighteen years of marriage, his sex life was anything but exciting. Now here he was, nearly forty years old, sitting next to a twenty-something year old, reacting like a horny teenager. Rejecting that line of reasoning, something else popped into his head. Oh God, is this an early mid-life crisis?

He was thankful that he was the last one out of the van. He was able to reach inside his trousers and adjust his hard-on so that his suit hid it. Kathy gave him a knowing look when he caught up to her near the entrance to the restaurant.

The three Americans were spread out among the Kenyans as they sat down to eat. That had a definite dampening affect on Bruce and he was able to get through lunch with only an occasional glance at Kathy and no physical reaction.

The ride back to the capital was a repeat of the ride over, only more intense. He didn't know how much more he could take. A few strokes from her hand and he would come in his pants.

The tour of the capital building lasted until four o'clock. Bruce ushered his guests out to the limo supplied by the State Department and sent them on their way.

His ardor cooled by the two hour tour with the Kenyans, he smiled and said, "I'm glad this part of the day's over. I'm looking forward to this evening."

She moved close to him, her breasts' inches from his chest, and looked deep into his eyes, she didn't say anything but the message was clear. The evening was about to start.

He reached down and took her hand. "I've got to go to my office for a minute."

She looked at him provocatively and squeezed his hand before releasing it, "I'll go with you."

He held the door open as she entered the building. He nodded at the guard and the two of them walked down the corridor, neither saying anything, their arms occasionally brushing against each other as they made their way to the elevator.

He hit the button for his floor and the door closed. He turned to her and she was in his arms in a flash, her mouth hungrily on his, her body pressed against him, the heat from her groin searing into him. He dropped his hands to her ass and pulled her hard against him. In seconds, he was fully aroused, wanting entrance—now.

When the bell dinged announcing his floor they broke from their embrace. As the door opened, he stood behind her shielding his aroused state from the surveillance camera aimed at the door. As they turned from the camera and headed to his office, he stepped to her side and innocently walked beside her.

He opened the door to his office and she went in first. When he turned to face her after closing and locking the door, he saw that her jacket was on the floor and she was undoing the last button on her blouse. Quickly moving to her, he took her in his arms and kissed her with the pent-up passion he kept bottled up all day. He felt her breasts, hard and hot against his chest, as she attempted to meld their bodies into one. Using one hand, he unbuttoned his jacket and shrugged out of it, letting it fall to the floor. His hands roamed her back, stopping to unsnap her bra. She broke the embrace to pull her bra off while he removed his shirt. Skin to skin now, they clenched again. Her swollen nipples were fiery, burning holes in his chest. His hands dropped down to her waist, he found the back zipper and pulled it down. She moved her hips back and let the skirt fall to the floor. Her hand went to his groin and her fingers ran along the length of his erection, caressing, enticing, as her hips ground against his, demanding he do something. With one hand, he held her as the other worked between their bodies, undoing his pants and pushing them down past his throbbing cock.

Maneuvering her backwards to the black leather sofa, he pushed her down and with one swift movement removed her panties. She threw one leg up on the back of the sofa as he jerked off his shorts and moved to her, his hard cock eager to enter her. Her hips rotated upward to receive him as the head found her dripping wet cunt. God, she's as anxious for this as I am. A soul-satisfying moan escaped her lips as he pushed inside, the sides of her cunt eagerly embracing him, fueling his lust. Her hands grasped his ass, her fingernails digging in, pulling him fully inside her. Within seconds, her moans escalated, culminating in a tortuous cry of release as she shuddered in orgasm. He slammed into her one last time as hot cum spurted inside her, causing her to utter a short cry each time another jolt pulsed deep inside her.

They lay there, spent in each other's arms. Finally, he rose up and kissed her tenderly. Smiling sheepishly, he said, "I don't know what came over me. I couldn't resist you, I had to have you."

She looked up at him and shook her head. "I'm the one. I HAD to have you. I've never, ever wanted someone as badly as I wanted you."

She reached up and pulled him down to her, kissing him passionately before releasing him. "Now, let's get up."

Kathy quickly gathered up her clothes and headed towards the door of his bathroom. After a few seconds, she returned and handed him a towel. "Now, I think this part of the day is over."

He took the towel from her and nodded, "I think you're right," he said as he admired the naked vision before him. She was about six inches shorter than his six-foot height. Her waist was small over wide hips. Her nipples, still swollen, were rose colored with rather large areolas on smallish breasts. Her skin was milky white, the complexion of someone who avoids the sun. The pubic hair, obviously still moist from their lovemaking, was blond and full. He watched her ass as she returned to the bathroom. She exaggerated the swing of her hips, looking back over her shoulder and winking before she closed the door.