Shadow Lake Estates Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you, too," she said. She rose from the floor and kissed him before heading straight to the back door. She stood on the porch and began her stretching routine. Then, suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind. Before she could scream, a hand covered her nose and mouth with a foul-smelling cloth. Her world faded to darkness.

***

Denise dropped a stack of papers on her manager's desk, and Andrew smiled at her. She returned his smile with a half smirk and turned to leave.

"Hey," he said. "Is everything okay?"

Denise sighed and turned toward him. Her eyes watered and she shuddered in an attempt to shake away her emotions. "Dan and I have been having some issues," she said.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Andrew said. "Is there anything I can do?"

"No, but thanks. We just have to work it out."

"I hope it's not because of what happened between us," he said.

"No, no. Well, it is, but it isn't. It's complicated. We've been through a lot of stress since we moved here. It's just too much to handle all at once, you know?"

He nodded in agreement. "You have seemed stressed out all week. You can use a night out to get your mind off of it. Why don't I take you to dinner tonight?"

"No, I can't," she said.

"Why not? It's only dinner. Maybe a little wine. It'll be good for you."

"I really shouldn't."

"I insist," he said. "Just tell me where you're staying and I'll pick you up."

She paused for a moment. Her husband's response to their counselor echoed in her mind. After all their years together, how could he not be sure whether he wanted to even attempt to get back together? She looked into Andrew's handsome brown eyes and smiled.

"Okay, fine," she said. "Six o'clock. I'm staying at the extended stay on El Camino."

***

Art rapped on the back door, but there was no response. He looked in all directions and knocked again - this time a little louder. At last, Asha appeared. He noticed immediately that she wasn't naked or wearing her collar as expected. She had a serious expression on her face. He was just about to reprimand her, but she interrupted him before he had a chance to speak.

"You need to leave," she said.

"Why? What's going on?" he asked.

"Just go away," she said.

"Is Sunil home?"

"No. Just get out. And don't come back. We're done."

She tried to shut the door, but he held it open. "Wait a minute, wait a minute. What's going on? Why are you saying this? What did I do wrong?"

She pushed resolutely on the door, but it wouldn't budge. At last, she let go. She took a deep breath and lowered her head. Her long hair hung in front of her face, obscuring her expression. Art stared at her, waiting for her to tell him why she was acting this way. Suddenly, her shoulders began shaking. She covered her eyes with her hand and wept.

"Hey, hey, what's the matter?" he asked. "What's wrong?"

She continued sobbing uncontrollably, and he did his best to console her. "I...I don't know how to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

She stopped sobbing and looked him in the eyes. "I'm pregnant," she said.

12