Shadow Of The Wolf Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alex couldn't help but burst out in laughter. Luc trained inquiring eyes at her, "You said bitches!" she blurted out, still smiling.

A smile quirked his lips, "well, they are bitches, literally and figuratively."

"I just thought it was funny. But you do have a point, they do live up to their appellation. Most of them but not all." Alex remembered the hostile eyes she felt on her at the party at which she'd been introduced as Alpha Regina, and Rance's mate.

Luc nodded and turned back to the journal.

"Well, a delegation is coming from the Council and the other Packs. They are supposed to stay until the wedding. But I am meeting with my friend Pam today after I confer with Ophelia about the guests we expect to arrive later today." She peered over and saw that whatever held Luc engrossed on the page of the journal had been suddenly interrupted, and that he seemed galvanized.

"Pam might come and stay with me tonight." She grimaced, "well at least I hope she will."

Luc lifted one brow in question, trying to appear nonchalant. Alex misinterpreted it as politely muted censure and reacted a bit defensively.

"I miss my best friend and we haven't spent enough time together since I moved here in the Estate. She's been so busy with work lately too."

"Is that wise? What with all that is happening around here and the women from the other Packs arriving, I don't think it would be prudent," Luc said evenly.

"Why not?"

"Have you told her about us yet? If not, she might stumble on the truth herself if she stayed in the Mansion."

"I intend to tell her today. That's the reason why I want her to come to the Estate and stay. If I have her here, then I could be assured that she won't run hysterically away from me once I reveal the truth. She won't be able to get away." Alex smirked.

Luc smiled but uncertainty shone in his eyes.

"Don't worry about it, Luc. I know Pam. She'll think it's a big joke at first until I show her my wolf." Looking down at her watch, she stood up and smiled down at Luc, who looked worried. "I better get going. Pam hates it when I'm late. I'll see you later tonight."

"Okay. I'll see you later." Luc nodded his head.

Alex walked away and left the building leaving a brooding Luc behind.

To be continued.....

Don't forget to vote and send me your feedbacks and comments.