Shaman Chronicles Ch. 05

Story Info
Confusion, training and revelations.
2.8k words
4.68
8.1k
17

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/13/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: Hey there guys and gals it's me again. I hope you weren't too excited for this chapter since it took me so long to get it done. Honestly I didn't do much work these last months. Mainly I enjoyed my freetime since I finally graduated from highschool. But I do hope you enjoy this chapter as much as the previous one, but before it starts I have something else I want to say. Many of you recommended I should get a second editor whose native language is English and I really want to do that. So before I go to the Literotica editor programm I wanted to ask you, my readers, if any of you would like to be my editor(s). If any of you are interested in working with me I would like you to send me an Email at the adress I left on my profile here at Literotica. Also I would like you to give me some kind of information what qualifies you and why you'd like to be my editor. If no one sends me an Email I of course will also look for an editor on the editor programm since I really want to refine my stories. That being said I hope you enjoy this installment of the Shaman Chronicles and as always I thank A.L. for her editing work and her encouragement. This story wouldn't be what it is without her.

------------

Jarko stumbled out of Zodus room down the stairs of the main-building. The information Zodus just revealed to him was surprising no doubt but still it explained many things. For example how he had 'forgotten' how old he was or how he seemed so wise yet looked younger than Thorus. It also raised a lot of question. For starters how did he manage to get that old? Of course Zodus wouldn't tell him. In fact he didn't waste a second and kicked Jarko out of his room. Adding to Jarko's frustration was that the voice didn't know what to make out of that too.

"Ey watcha thoughts boy! I am no friggin lexicon!"

'But of what use are you anyway?' Jarko's teased the second consciousness in his head. He never got a coherent answer. Midway to the students' dorms Jarko decided that he finally wanted to see Thorus again. So he walked off the Academy grounds down the hill to Thorus' and Bella's hut.

------------

"Jarko!"

Thorus yelled from the porch with a big smile on his face. Jarko couldn't surpress a smile and ran to his giant-sized friend who picked him up with ease. They were laughing with glee sharing a rather intimate bonding moment.

"Now little man whatcha been up to?" Thorus asked setting Jarko back on the ground.

"Well not much... learning magic, sleeping that's it." Jarko answered still smiling following Thorus into the hut.

"Bella! Look who has shown up." Thorus shouted opening the door. In the kitchen stood Bella slicing some vegetables. Surprisingly she smiled too when she saw Jarko.

"Well haven't you been a rare sight! Com'ere gimme a hug!" she said and walked over to Jarko. Although confused the boy hugged her gladly swallowing his anger that she had to bow down so he could reach her.

"Ya know you can also come when Thorus isn't here. In fact I'd enjoy the company when the big doofus disappears again."

"Who you're callng doofus?" Thorus mumbled not daring to object louder.

"Yes mom..." Jarko grinned rolling his eyes.

"Ew! Don't call me mom it makes me feel so... old!"

Bella said and made her way back to the kitchen-counter.

"Are you staying for dinner?" she asked turning to him.

Jarko nearly stopped dead in his tracks. He knew if he stayed for dinner he'd also stay to train with Thorus and whatever Caedes said heknewhe was fighting better than he fought when Thorus had started training him. At the very least fought differently. Knowing Thorus would definetly pick up the changes in his fighting style he quickly considered declining politely but he couldn't do that. He wouldn't be able to stand seeing the disappointment in Thorus and Bella's eyes.

'Ahh dang it, sooner or later he'll find out anyway.'

Smiling Jarko accepted Bella's offer.

------------

They sat around the table in Bella's and Thorus' hut eating in silence. Jarko's appetite was spoiled by his thoughts concerning the training with Thorus. Looking up from his plate he studied his bearded friend that only returned today together with the crownprince and...

"Thorus?" Jarko said.

"Yeah?" Thorus asked without looking up from his plate.

"Who is the man that was in the carriage together with prince Ezmaril?"

At that Thorus looked up still chewing.

"He's a Paladin or how they like to call themselves a Holy Brother of the Order."

"And what's a Paladin or one of those Holy Brothers?" Jarko asked curiously.

"You know I am not the one that knows the most about such things ask a Master." Thorus answered.

"I will but I want to know what you know first." Jarko insisted.

"You really are stubborn." Throus smirked.

"Alright I know that they are some kind of cult believing in the existence of only one, almighty god."

"So they are priests?" Jarko wanted to know.

"Partly yes partly no. See they also use magic, but a different one than normal Magi at least that's how I think it is. They are like warlocks, but instead of demons they summon creatures of light which they call angels and instead of hellfire they use some kind of holy light of course only holy to them." Thorus explained.

'That would explain the tattoo on this Paladin's forehead' Jarko thought to himself.

"Angels are tough nuts to crack. This Pala-boy must be one talented son of a bitch if he managed to bind one of those even if its only a minor one."The voice chimed in.

"Why'd you ask?" Thorus asked.

"I didn't know." the boy said shrugging his shoulders.

"Huh. Always the smartass aren't you? I think you have become a little upitty since I have been away. I think you need to get your ass handed to yourself. C'mon let's get outside."

'Oh fuck' Jarko thought.

------------

It went exactly how Jarko expected it to go. He and Thorus went outside to spar, Thorus removed his shirt and they took up their stances. The first thing Thorushadto notice was how Jarko's stance had changed while he was away. He didn't say anything and he didn't allow his face to show anything. They circled each other waiting for the other one to make the first move, studying each other. Jarko knew Thorus would grow impatient, he would attack first. That was one thing he learned from Caedes. You have to know your opponent better than he knows himself. The little boy also knew he had to wait for his friend to make the first move since his attacks wouldn't accomplish anything and then he would be vulnerable. The drawback from this tactic was that he had to fight on Thorus' conditions. Additionally he could easily become the victim of one of Thorus' faints. Jarko didn't have time to contemplate what he would do in this case, because this was the moment Thorus chose to attack.

First he tried to kick for Jarko's leg to force him to let his guard down. Jarko had split seconds to decide how he would react. He decided to pull his leg back. Thorus quickly followed with a punch aimed at Jarko's face. Before he was away to support Ezmaril's guard he never aimed an actual punch at Jarko especially not his face. But right now he was both confused and enraged about the boy's progress, which was undeniable. Confused because he didn't know who trained Jarko while he had been away and enraged because he felt betrayed. Additionally he wanted to test how Jarko would react to a situation he never encountered before. He got more then he asked for when Jarko easily evaded the punch, grabbed Thorus wrist pressing against his elbow and throwing him in the dust after he kicked him in his solar-plexus. That was another one of Caedes' lessons. Mercy should be usedafterthe opponent was defeated. The training had taken over and now Thorus was lying in the dust unwilling to believe what just happened. His student and friend had just beaten him in hand-to-hand combat with ease. Something few people had ever accomplished. The whole encounter had only lasted seconds.

And then an emotion crept in Thorus consciousness, something he had rarely felt and never so strong. Pride. The pride of a father. In his mind he had already adopted Jarko. Finally he stood and... smiled. Jarko only realized he had held his breath when he let out a sigh of relief. Actually he had been scared of Thorus reaction. Of losing his new-found father figure so soon.

"Now that's what I call a learning curve!" Thorus laughed and stood brushing off the dust from his clothes.

"But I bet you can't do that again!" Thorus added and took in his fighting stance again.

"Well we'll see about that!" Jarko laughed also taking in his stance. This time around he didn't wait for Thorus to make the first move. When the big man was close enough Jarko took a step forward to aim a punch at his midsection...

------------

and misses. His opponent easily evaded his punch spinning around him and landing a kick at his back sending the boy to the ground. Jarko groaned and rolled on his back. Above him stood his opponent eyeing him angrily.

"I am kind of insulted you know." Caedes stated with his arms crossed his trademark smile replaced by an unreadable mask.

As usual they were training in the clearing. And as usual Jarko had snuck out of the Academy so he could train with Caedes, who he told ecstatically about his win over Thorus. But todays training lesson would not be as the others apparently.

"And how did I insult you oh mighty demon?" Jarko asked sarcastically while he slowly got up on his feet again.

"You thought you could beat me as easily as you beat you're human." Caedes answered, "That's why you took the offensive."

"I'll loose against you either way so what does it matter if I attack you first?"

"It means that you're not afraid of me anymore. If you were you would stand there and try to evade or block my attacks like you should when you're against a superior opponent. Like I told you."

Caedes uncrossed his arms and walked over to Jarko.

"And you made matters worse. You underestimate me only because you beat your other trainer. But guess what, I am not human." he said. After a short pause Caedes bent over which left his face only inches before Jarkos.

"And if you underestimate me again I'll leave a scar." Caedes whispered looking the boy deep into his blue eyes like he was trying to pierce them with his stare.

Jarko's eyes showed no reaction. In a moment of unhealthy hubris he brought his mouth to one of Caedes ears whispering back:

"Bring it!"

"Oh great we die."The voice was able to say before Jarko was sailing through the air, Caedes' punch sending him flying.

"Don't take me for a fool you mortal scum!" Caedes thundered. When Jarko looked up again there was no sign of the old Caedes anymore. Instead there stood a purple version of him almost higher than the trees surrounding them looking at Jarko with crimson eyes. The full moon shone onto his hellish looking armor covering everything except his head, tail and wings with black metal and although the substance looked very thin Jarko was sure only a few materials on earth could actually pierce through it. Each of Caedes hands held a scimitar which reflected the silver light of the moon.

"My name is Caedes and I am the prince of war! Son to the Archdemons Crult and Laethia! Friend and Advisor to the New Dark Lord himself and Slayer of The Old One. Now tell me, WHO ARE YOU TO TAUNT ME?!"

And with his last words purple flames broke into the sky leaving the whole clearing bathed in hellish purple. Jarko just stood there literally small enough to be crushed by Caedes' heel and he didn't even flinched. When the flames died out and Caedes waited for Jarko to answer him the boy just showed the tattoo on his right arm.

"I" Jarko said "am your master. I summoned you. And you have to obey me!"

Caedes looked at Jarko for a short moment. Then he broke out laughing. He laughed and laughed and while he did his armor and weapons disappeared. He shrunk back to his human size. His eyes turned purple again, his skin became white like it was before. He walked up to Jarko took his right arm holding it up and pointed at the black ink covering the boys arm.

"Do you even know what this is? What it means? Why you used your blood in the process of the summoning?"

Jarko was confused. The demon had turned from angy warlord to laughing maniac in an instant and Jarko had no idea what was so funny. He was just able to shake his head.

Caedes giggled again. He took a deep breath and looked Jarko straight in the eyes his face again blank.

"This means we are bound to each other. The Magus that uses the ritual you used to summon a demon binds the souls of them together. He seals this connection with his blood. Through this he can summon the demon without a pact and the demon won't be able to hurt the Magus. Through the binding of their souls the demon also HAS to obey the Magus. No loopholes nothing. Obedience until the Magus dies, because he simply can not choose to end the binding. You and I are bound to each other. I can not have another master."

After he said that Caedes smiled again and Jarko nearly sullied his pants. The smile on Caedes' face was so evil and malicious that Jarko was sure he'd dream about it tonight.

"But there's a catch. There is always a catch. My soul will corrupt yours. Of course it can and will make you stronger, but you'll also become angry. You won't be able to control yourself. And eventually you're soul will become completely infected by the dark magic of mine. And when this happens you'll die. You're skin will rot away, you're organs will turn into a black pulp. It will be slow and painful."

Jarko couldn't move. He couldn't speak. His pulse was racing, his eyes were wide. Before his face Caedes still grinning diabolically.

"You're lying." Jarko whimpered, his words only a whisper. Caedes' smile only grew larger.

"Oh no I am not." the purple-eyed demon said.

"Everything I just told you was true or will come true."

"When?" Jarko asked him with tears in his eyes.

"Oh with a demon as old and as powerful as me? I am suprised it hasn't started yet." Caedes answered giggling. With that he turned aroud and walked into a portal he created with a snap of his fingers. Before he stepped through he looked over his shoulder on more time.

"See you tomorrow for training little Magus." he shouted and stepped through the portal laughing like a madman.

------------

Jarko stood in the middle of the clearing and looked down. Between his feet he still saw the ash left from the first time he summoned Caedes. He even believed he could see some of his dried blood. Snapping out of his stupor he just asked one question out loud seemingly to no one at all:

"You knew it didn't you? Everything he just said, you knew it."

Everything was silent. Complete silence engulfed Jarko. Seconds went by as he waited and they felt like years. And then he heard two words in his head. Two words that would confirm everything he just heard and crush every hope he ever had.

"I did."the voice said.

------------

Hey guys it's me again. I just really wanted to apologize that the chapter is so short and that you had to wait so long. I just finished high school and there was a lot of stress for me so I didn't really have much time to write. But now I am free for some time and I want to start writing continuosly again. I'll also try to make the next Chapters longer and those who want to be my editor(s) please send me an E-mail. So I beg you a last time to accept my apologies and stay tuned.

Sincerely your WWW