Shelby and Johnny Ch. 09

Story Info
Tragety, love and lust.
8.1k words
4.71
25k
2
0

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 12/22/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 9: Tragedy

In trying to keep my story fresh, bad as they may be, I decided to take a new twist.

I hope you find it interesting. It is lovingly dedicated to the woman who I'll only identify as Shelby Marie Taylor. 1962-2007 R-I-P.

Folks, I'll really need your input on this one. I thank you in advance.

*

You know, sometimes in life, when things seem to be going so good it's unreal.

When you feel like you're on top of the world. You have everything you dreamed of and a little more. But there's something deep in your heart that just don't seem right and you can't put your finger on it.

Like a piece of your heart is breaking and you don't know why.

I was feeling that way about a week away from Thanksgiving.

*Hold that thought. I just have to tell you this one. It's rather cute!

Shelby and I got married, again!

We went to Las Vegas and got our marriage license then found a cute little chapel to have the ceremony. I got the attention of the reverend or "official" as they call them now.

Anyway, I take this guy off to the side and told him, "Look, I know what's on the paper here, but we're a REALLY close family and when we do the vows, would you include my daughters."

He says to me, "Mister it's illegal to marry more than one person.

It's also illegal to marry your daughters. Mister I can't do that!"

I said, "Look, There's only one name on the official document, the one that's real. I just think it would mean something special to my girls.

You see I've spoiled them something awful. Now you're not really marrying anyone but me and Shelby.

Please mister?

Have a heart.

I'll make it worth your while."

I pulled a wad of bills out and started peeling off twenties one by one.

When I got to about $200 he said, "Okay, okay I'll do it."

So he goes back and makes up the chapel certificates that they give folks. They aren't legal documents, but they look real nice. It made my girls real happy.

He puts Shannon Shelby Taylor on one and Cheyenne Elizabeth Rogers-Taylor on the other with me as groom on all the certificates.

We were the only ones there anyway and when the official performed the ceremony he included Shannon and Cheyenne.

I placed a very nice diamond ring on Shelby's finger. It complemented the heart shaped engagement ring I gave her.

Shannon and Cheyenne each received a new diamond ring. The "official" gave us a real strange look when I placed rings on all my girls.

It really was a sweet ceremony. Each of my girls had tears in their eyes.

But you should have seen the guys face when he said you may now kiss the bride and I laid a lip lock on all three of my girls.

He just about ran out saying, "The less I see the less I have to testify about!"

We got stranger looks when we took bride and groom wedding pictures. I think the photographer thought we were whacked. With the tip I gave him, he kept his mouth shut.

We laughed about it all day. It was one of the best days we EVER had together.

I didn't know just how special that day would become to us. *

Now back to that feeling I had.

I don't know why I was feeling this way. I just couldn't shake it. Everything in our lives was going real well.

My business was doing very well, so that wasn't it.

Shelby was promoted to head of her firm and could now write her own ticket as far as her career was concerned, so we were good there.

Shannon was five months along and doing very well with her pregnancy.

Cheyenne was ready to graduate at the very top of her class with valor.

I was satisfying my girls on a regular basis.

We paid off our house and didn't have to worry about money anymore. That was the best thing. I could spoil my girls with whatever they wanted.

Life was just great.

Until one fall afternoon.

The five ton dump truck and trailer was filled to capacity as it went on its journey to a construction site in the city.

The driver took the canyon road because it cut an hour off his time getting there. The rig crested the hill and started down the canyon road.

The driver went to apply his brakes to slow his decent. As he pressed the pedal he heard air but nothing else happened. The pedal went to the floor!

He started hugging the guard rail to try and stop but his momentum was too great. He rounded the curve too fast and went into the opposing lane. He never saw the little blue car in front of him. All of a sudden he just stopped and then saw the steam in front of him as his trailer struck the passenger side of his rig!

Now sometimes, after a hard day Shelby would take the canyon road home. She liked this road because it reminded her of being out in the country. The wide open spaces she enjoyed whenever we could get away.

The bustle of the city was just a few miles away. As she rounded a curve all her brain could register was a large chrome bumper and grille.

Not time to react.

No time to scream.

Nothing she could do.

She had time to say, "Huh?"

The time/space continuum dissolved. Everything went into slow motion for Shelby. She saw the hood crumble and fold in front of her. She heard the metal bending under the stress of the oncoming truck. She saw the windshield and side windows explode toward her. The unmistakable bang of the air bag deploying, though it did more harm than good. She felt the sensation of being pushed backward then suddenly stopping.

Shelby felt the cars rear impact the guard wall turning the little blue coupe into a metal accordion. Her beautiful legs were being pushed and crushed at the knees causing excruciating pain. Then a heavy push on her chest as she was being pushed further into her seat as the air was pushed out of her lungs. She felt the pain of sternum and ribs cracking and breaking under the tremendous pressure and the unmistakable taste of blood in her mouth.

She sensed fluid coming out of her ears and nose. All her body fluids evacuated from her vaginal and anal orifices causing a rancid stench. Her gorgeous face shattered by some unseen metal and glass. Her mind panicked, but there was nothing she could do. There was so much pain she went numb. Then everything came to a stop. There was only an eerie silence for what seemed like forever.

Her thoughts were, "Johnny!!!

I'm hurt!!

Please help me!!!

Lord above; bring my Johnny to me, PLEASE!!

I need help!

GOD please help me!!!"

Shelby couldn't move or cry out, she could only cry for help in her mind. She could feel what she hoped were tears crawling down her shattered face. For a moment there was only complete and total silence and she was so very terrified!

As Shelby slipped in and out of consciousness she heard the sounds of sirens, people talking, shouting.

The sound of metal being cut her clothes being cut off her body. She swore she saw sparks flying. She heard people on walkie-talkies. A long beep and someone shouting, "CLEAR!" The pop pop pop sound of a helicopter and very bright lights in her eyes.

Shelby was beyond frightened but there wasn't a damn thing she could do.

Shelby tried to focus on the image in front of her. It was a man in the whitest robe she had ever seen. His hair was as white as white can be and he wore a golden crown. She swore he had wings.

He reached out his hand and said, "Come child. It's almost time to go home Shelly."

Shelby replied, "Sir, No! I need my Johnny. Please!

I can't go until I find my Johnny!

You called me Shelly! No one but my...

OH GOD!!!!"

The vision said, "We have time Shelly. Your time is not yet."

As the image became clearer Shelby knew who it was. Her loving Grand-father had come to her side to comfort her and the only one to EVER call her Shelly.

She was not longer frightened or in pain. An uncanny calm surrounded her and she and her grand-pa had a chat.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cheyenne and I were down by the pool sunning ourselves and fondling each other. I had finished my daily fuck with Shannon.

Shannon had been one horny girl since her fourth month. From then on she just could not get enough sex. I bought her a pocket rocket and a vibrator, but it wasn't enough.

It was becoming more of a chore than a romantic encounter.

Cheyenne and I were out at the pool. I was wondering what game we would play today. It seemed like each day that we made love there was some sort of game played.

Cheyenne was lying out on a lounge chair wearing almost nothing. Her bikini top was two swatches of cloth held together by the thinnest of strings barely covering her twin 36 c's.

Her bottoms weren't more than a patch of cloth barely covering her slit. She said to me, "Daddy, would you rub some lotion on my back?"

I smiled, so that's today's game I thought to myself.

I said, "Sure baby."

I knew it was part of the game. Many times before lovemaking we would role play or tantalize each other. I could smell the tan lotion that she had Shannon apply earlier.

I started at her shoulders feeling her tight body. I loved her little athletic body. The sports she played and exercise routine kept her toned.

I continued down her back and rubbed along her sides making sure I paid attention to the sides of her breasts just to tease. I continued down to her firm ass and down her legs. She was cooing to my touch.

I started kissing my way back, taking my time. We had time before Shelby came home and as always hoped that she would join in on the fun.

I started at Sugar Butt's ankles and went up each of her legs and up her back. Cheyenne turned over and I repeated my kisses. Again starting at her feet and kissing my way up.

I got to her soft supple lips. They tasted of the cherry flavored lip gloss she wore. Her tongue tasted of the breath mint she just had. Her hand starting to explore my legs and working her way up to my stiffening cock and fondling my balls.

We had just started getting into some passionate kissing when my cell phone chirped.

I saw Shelby's number on the caller I.D. so I answered, "Hi honey how's the most beautiful girl I know?"

There was a pause and a deep breath came from the ear piece.

Then a male voice asking, "Mister Taylor, Johnny Taylor?"

"Yeah! Who the hell is this and what are you doing with my wife's phone?!!

Cheyenne sat up and looked at me as her whole expression changed.

The voice on the other end said, "Sir, This is Officer Frank Stevens of the Highway Patrol."

He paused and took a deep breath then continued, "There's been an accident. A chopper is flying your wife to University Trauma Center. Do you know where that's at sir? Can we send a unit for you?"

As you can imagine, all sensuous thoughts vanished. I immediately went soft in Cheyenne's warm hand.

I replied, "H H How is she? Will she be alright?" My knees buckled and I suddenly felt very ill. I felt all color vanish from my face. Cheyenne guided me to the chair and helped me sit.

The officer said, "Sir I can't tell you that. I can only tell you, you need to go to the trauma center."

Cheyenne looked at me with terror in her eyes and I could see tears welling up. I didn't realize my own tears. She asked, "What's wrong daddy? What happened? Is Mom ok? Are you ok?"

I said weakly into the phone, "Thank you officer, we're on our way." And I closed the phone.

I sounded older than my years as I said to Cheyenne, "Your mom's been hurt. Find Shannon. We need to go. Go find Shannon."

Cheyenne ran off to get Shannon, I ran to the restroom/changing room and threw my guts up. I would not have been surprised if my shoes came out of my mouth, I think the juju bee I swallowed when I was three came up. I rinsed my face and mouth and threw on a pair of sweats that were there. I didn't realize they were the oversized pink set that Shelby had me bought as a joke.

I was in no shape to drive. So Cheyenne drove, trying to do so through tear filled eyes. We got to the emergency room and a nurse, seeing Shannon smiled and said, "This way sweetie!"

Shannon said, "No ma'am, it's not me. They brought my mom in. Car wreck, her name is Shelby Taylor."

The nurse's expression suddenly changed and her face lost its color as she muttered to herself, "Oh Lord! This way please."

We were stopped outside the trauma room Shelby was in. The nurse turned to us and said, "Wait out here for the doctor."

She went into the room and a few seconds later a grim faced doctor appears with a man in a suit standing next to him. The man in the suit had a tiny cross on his lapel.

The doctor looked at me and said, "Mister Taylor I'm Doctor Brady, this is Pastor Jenkins I apologize if your not church going people. Your wife is in bad shape and I brought the pastor."

We shook hands and through the fog in my head I asked how she was. The doctor told me but my brain didn't comprehend. Basically she's all busted up inside and it's just a matter of time.

The pastor told me that she has been telling someone that she needed to see me. They then let me in but held the girls back. The girls were both now a sobbing mess. The Pastor was tried to comfort them.

I shuffled in to the room to see a form laying there with tubes and wires all over it. I could see a hint of blonde hair that still had spots of blood. As I got closer, the only way I could tell it was my beautiful Shelby was those beautiful green eyes. Most of her face was covered by bandages. What I could see of her body was bruised. She didn't have whites in her eyes, just red and her face was obviously swollen.

I leaned down and very gently kissed her swollen lips and took what I could of her hand. Not wanting to disturb the I.V. tubes. Hear breathing was weak and rattled.

She whispered to me in a hoarse, dry and raspy voice, "Johnny, you found me. He's waiting for me. I begged him to wait. I begged to see you."

I could see the tears in her eyes. The tears were pink from the internal bleeding. I could barely speak myself but managed, "Shh, save your strength honey. I don't know how, but we'll make you better." At which I broke down because I knew she was done.

Shelby weakly squeezed my hand and said, "It'll be okay baby. Don't cry."

"Take care of the girls. They're yours now. Love them with all your heart. Promise me. I have to go. He's calling me."

I replied hoarsely, "I promise honey. Ask him to wait, please, so the girls can see you and say their piece. Please honey, please!"

I had the nurse bring the girls in. They both gasped at what they saw. We three huddled around Shelby and leaned down to hear her whisper, "Shannon, Cheyenne. Promise to love your dad. Take care of him. Love him with all your being."

We each gently kissed her. Shelby opened her eyes and a very big smile came over her. It was as if her face was aglow with joy.

Shelby looked up through the fog and saw her beloved Johnny and spoke with him. The man in the white robe, her Grand-father, reappeared and said, "Shelly child, it's time to go."

Shelby replied, "Grandpa, please, just a moment more. To comfort my girls. Please Grandpa, please!"

The angel said, "Only a moment more my child. Then we must go. They're waiting for us!"

Shelby saw her girls and spoke with them and then it was time. The angel reached out his hand to Shelby; she could feel her smile through the numbness in her body.

Shelby and the Angels fingertips barely touched and Shelby felt herself come off the bed. She turned to see her beloved Johnny and her two daughters. They were huddled together sobbing. She saw her battered body lying there with a big smile on her face.

Shelby and her Grand-father went away to their maker hand in hand.

We watched Shelby raise her hand, as if she was reaching for someone. Her last word on earth was, "Grand-pa!"

Then her arm dropped and Shelby went limp.

At that moment Shannon said, "The baby just jumped inside me!"

The machine monitoring Shelby showed a straight line. Alarms and buzzers started sounding. Over the hospital P.A. "Code blue to trauma 5! Code blue to trauma 5!"

The doctor rushed in and I grabbed him by the shoulder. I told the doctor, "Let her go doc. Let her have some dignity. I'll sign whatever release you need. Her Angel has already taken her. Besides, what chances would she have of ever having a normal life?

You yourself said she's all broke up inside."

Dr. Brady replied, "Mr. Taylor, it would have taken a miracle for her to survive just the surgical prep. We never did get her vitals to stabilize. I'm quite surprised she held on as long as she did. I'm so very sorry we couldn't do more."

"My Shelby was one strong woman. What now Doc?" I asked.

The doctor replied, "We'll clean her up some and move her downstairs. We'll keep her there until you make arrangements."

"Okay," I said. "We'll let you know. Thanks for all you folks done. I know you folks did all you could. Thank you."

With that we left the hospital in tears.

It's funny what you notice and what you don't. It wasn't until we were on our way home that I noticed Cheyenne. She never got dressed before we left for the hospital. She just threw on a robe and a pair of flip-flops.

I must have been a sight in that hot pink sweat suit. I was wondering what everyone was staring at.

Pastor Jenkins drove us back and had his wife come over to help us out. She called our families and friends. She made us dinner and comforted us. I finally had to make her leave because she was just doing too much.

I told her we weren't church goin' people. She just said that didn't matter. That some day we might want to visit her congregation. I thanked her and sent her on her way. She promised to come back later to help us with arrangements. I'm going to make a huge contribution to that church!

It had been a long afternoon and evening. I finally told the girls to go to bed. I walked them upstairs to Shannon's room. Shannon and Cheyenne laid down and cuddled each other still sobbing. Cheyenne was still in that bikini. I gave them both a kiss and covered them up. I went down stairs and poured myself a drink. I sat and thought about all my memories of my love Shelby.

Next thing I know I'm standing somewhere and it's as dark as can be. It's so dark I put my hand on my face and couldn't see it. I wasn't scared. In fact, there was a strange calm for as dark as it was.

I saw a dim glow that started getting brighter. As if someone was trying to light up the place without hurting my eyes. I looked down and discovered I was at the edge of a pit.

A tender voice said, "Stay where you are. Don't be afraid."

A fuzzy image appeared. Something white. Whiter than anything I've ever seen.

As I focused on the image I saw that it was Shelby. She was walking toward me. She was so very beautiful. She wore a floor length white robe. Her honey blonde hair had brilliant color, no blood splotches. She had on golden sandals and she had a golden tiara on her head.

I said, "Shelby!!" And I put my arms out to reach for her.

She said, "Johnny my love. We can't touch. Not until your time comes. I must be quick. I don't have much time."

I said, "Honey, where are we? Why am I here if I can't touch you?"

Shelby replied, "You're in 'neutral territory'. I wanted to give you comfort. Please listen."

She paused for a moment and then continued, "Johnny, take care of the girls. They love you so. Be a husband and a friend to them. I've seen your children and they are just so beautiful. Be good to them and love them to no end. Jackie will be with you soon. Be her husband. You will know this when she comes to you. Do whatever she asks of you.

Kelly will also be with you soon. You will teach Lisa."

Shelby paused again. For some reason I couldn't speak.

"Just know that I'll be watching over y'all." She continued," Don't be sad Johnny. What was in the hospital was only the shell that contained my spirit. Know that I'm alive.