Shipwrecked and Stranded Ch. 03

Story Info
The escape and rescue. The end.
4.6k words
4.34
23.2k
13

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/02/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers

NOTE: Here is my attempt at adventure. I placed the story in this category, but it could fit in multiple categories. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy. A special thanks to my friends who served as my sounding board as I write this tale. This story is self-edited. All I ask is that you don't copy this story without asking. Please do not post it on any other sites. All of the characters in this story were created in my imagination and were not written to resemble anyone in real life. All of the characters involved in anything sexual are over 18.

I took some time and revised Stranded. I hope you enjoy the new version of the tale.

I certainly hope you are enjoying this story. Please continue to read and share your thoughts.

This is the last part of the story. I hope you enjoy.

*****

The morning dawned, and Haley asked to go see Brenda. She arrived at the Chief's hut, and his other wives let her in. Utoman lay on a bed with Brenda: His arms holding her securely. "Brenda," Haley whispered, startling the chief, and he jumped scaring the girl. He ordered her out as he rose and dressed. Soon Brenda rose and joined her friend. The other wives stayed close by.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Haley asked.

Brenda grunted, "Sick, tired, but Osaka's gone. So I'm not scared anymore."

Haley hugged her friend and sighed. "Brenda, I'm here. I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm here." She whispered.

Brenda hugged her friend and sighed. The other wives had duties and Utoman said Brenda could not work right now, so they left. Haley visited with Brenda for a while. They were concerned about the baby, but with no doctors they just had to wait and see.

More time passed and one cool day, Asi was out hunting. He was also thinking. This island was all he knew. He knew there was more in the world, but he had no desire to go there. Life here could be good, if the chief was a fair man. He was not. Utoman was devious and cruel. If they went against him and failed, surely they would die. He didn't want to risk Haley, or the women and children in the village. He saw a movement, and watched the trap Haley taught him to make. He kept contemplating. Then the trap sprang, catching a small animal that could be used for stew.

Asi continued hunting, and soon he was joined by others. The men caught four small animals and headed home in the evening. They cleaned and prepped the meat, taking it to the women. Asi looked for Haley and saw her preparing a sweet treat to accompany the dinner. He smiled, and she returned his smile. Brenda sat with her, gently rubbing her stomach where her child grew. The baby moved all of the time, so she knew the baby was unharmed.

Utoman changed. He no longer treated her cruelly. He took great pains to make sure she was comfortable and the other wives deferred to her at all times. Brenda didn't want to be head wife; she wanted to go home. She wanted to be free. She knew that would never happen. Years had passed since they took the cruise that took everything from them. She accepted her fate, and decided that like the other women she would accept things as they were and simply live.

As the women prepared the meats for supper, Susan got Brenda's attention and they noticed that Haley seemed off. Soon the men brought in the meat and she bolted. Asi saw her and soon followed. The women joined her as she was gagging while Asi rubbed her back wishing he knew what was wrong. Thus morning, the same thing happened, she had been ill several times in the last three weeks. Susan, Carrie, and Brenda shared a smile. The other women cheered.

Asi was confused. why were they so jovial? Haley was ill, yet they stood around laughing. Finally one of the village women spoke, and Asi and Haley were speechless. "Um babi" he whispered. Haley was pregnant. They had a child on the way. Haley cried and held on to him tightly. She would be a mother. Asi felt happiness, fear, excitement, and confused. Haley was giving him the one thing he never thought he'd have. He held her close, and smiled as Brenda came over and hugged her too.

The men all congratulated Asi. The Chief addressed him as well, and then in an uncharacteristic move, he embraced him. Soon, Chief Utoman and the elder gentlemen wandered off, leaving Asi and a few of the younger men. Asi talked with the men, and they agreed that things were better. Chief Utoman had changed, and since getting rid of Osaka he was a kinder leader. The villagers were happier. Ubdu had silenced Osaka, and his woman Carrie kept her in her place. Utoman was simply cruel, and they feared this reprieve would not last. Osaka was yet to be banned. The opposing villagers refused to take her. Ubdu grew weary of her, and Barrie was constantly on guard where the older female was concerned.

"Ubdu is like the chief. One day, he will tire of you and give you away. You are not from here, so you will perish." Osaka told Carrie on night as Ubdu hunted.

Carrie faced this hateful, vile woman. "You are getting what you deserve. You are mean-spirited, hate-filled, and vile, Osaka. Do I expect him to want me forever? No, but until the time comes, I will be loyal to him. He chose me; he had you dumped on him. No one likes you Osaka, just be grateful he lets you live." Then she walked away.

Osaka stared at her retreating form and knew she spoke the truth. They hated her. She deserved their hate. However, she would not let them have the satisfaction of ending her; she would choose her own destiny.

Months passed, and Asi watched their leader. As predicted, his meanness began to resurface. He no longer mistreated Brenda, but Asi noticed that his mistreatment of Taroa was escalating. He never mistreated her in Brenda's presence because she would not allow it. He often took her off alone, and then she paid. Asi worried as Brenda grew closer to giving birth and Haley grew larger as well.

Asi still worked daily on a plan to help the women and children escape. Now he wondered if it was wise. He didn't want to send Haley and their child away. If Utoman could be reasoned with, maybe things did not have to change. He felt a chill and knew they had to get away. In secret he crafted a vessel. He took the trunk of a great tree and fashioned a huge boat. He made oars of reeds, and braided giant leaves and fashioned sails. If ever a time came, the boat could carry them away from this place.

He felt the tension in the air. The tribe was restless. Although Utoman had changed and treated all three of his women better, many of the men were tired of his rule. His marriage to Osaka damaged so many of them, and they were angry he let her live. Ubdu, mostly ignored the older woman, he had no desire for her at all. For years he watched her rule his father. He even witnessed the death of his mother at her hands. When Utoman offered her to him, he took her gladly. Before she was destroyed, she would know how she hurt him and his brothers.

Ubdu watched Asi hold his woman. All of them saw that he loved the girl. Asi was smart and Ubdu knew he was working on something. Months earlier he followed him into the forest and saw the vessel he had built. He desired to help, so he went back to where he found Asi as a babe, and searched the abandoned area for anything he thought Asi could use. He found rope and heavy material that could be used for covering. He took the items and placed them in the vessel.

He followed Asi and noticed his apprehension at finding the things, but soon he realized they could help secure the vessel. He watched as Asi worked until night, and then he carefully followed him home where she greeted him eagerly. Ubdu smiled; his woman Carrie made him feel the same. The woman he'd chosen accepted him, and he felt sad at having to send her away when the time came. He knew Asi made this vessel for them, and for that reason, he would make sure he had what he needed to complete this project.

One day as Asi returned to the village, Ubdu revealed himself. He spoke to him and told him, that he wanted to help. Asi was wary, but Ubdu revealed that he found the fabrics that he could use. Asi hesitated, but eventually agreed that Ubdu could help. In secret the two men build a small sailboat. The boat could hold quite a few people and supplies.

One night, as Asi lay with Haley, he told her to pack some dried fruits and vegetables for the dry season. She was confused, but he kissed her and asked that she trust him. For the next few weeks, Haley did as he asked. Asi was pleased, and he loved watching her as she grew heavy with his child. He just prayed that when the time came, he could send her and their child away.

Ubdu held Carrie close. He too, had her prepare food for the rainy season. Osaka watched them. Each day her hatred grew. Ubdu was not blind where she was concerned. He saw how she watched Carrie, but she'd breathe her last before she hurt his wife.

One night, as they slept, Brenda screamed, and all the villagers rushed to the chief's tent. The men were sent out as the women went in to help Brenda. After hours of excruciating pain, Brenda gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Utoman was proud and the men of the village cheered. Osaka was furious. She was banned from the Chief's tent and that fueled her jealousy even more.

As the village rushed to the birth of a new babe, Osaka escaped. Taking a sharp spear, she stalked Carrie. Ubdu felt strange and intervened just as Osaka pounced. Grabbing the hateful woman, he snapped her neck, ending her life. Carrie stood frozen. Ubdu looked at her, his eyes burning, angry. He spoke in his native tongue, and Carrie returned to help her friends. Ubdu lifted Osaka's lifeless frame, and carried her to a secluded part of the forest. Ere he dug a shallow grave and buried her remains. She was no longer a threat.

Haley sat with Brenda and she held her daughter. The baby was so small and precious. Brenda looked at her and cried. She knew that for now things were calm, but if Utoman changed back, she could not keep her safe. Haley sat with her friends and the other two wives joined them. The women understood Brenda's fears. They shared the same for their own children, but they swore to her that they would help protect the baby. Brenda smiled and realized that in this she was not alone. Utoman came in and saw his newest daughter. She was perfection but he had a feeling he didn't have long with her.

"She will be loved and protected." He promised Brenda. He then kissed his youngest wife and called for his sons.

Haley lay with Asi when he spoke. "Haley, when the time comes, I need you to follow me to the water. I will help you get away from this place."

"Asi, I won't leave you. This is my home." She whispered. Her heart was racing, because something was different here. He often spoke of helping her get away, but this time was different.

Asi was out hunting when Ubdu spoke with him. They needed to prepare the vessel he said. Asi's heart began to race. But he went with the larger man, and they moved the boat. Asi went to his hut and took all of the foods Haley had packed and loaded the boat. Ubdu went to his hut and took extra skins and pelts for Carrie and his daughter and loaded them. Nemia met him and gave him supplies for Brenda and Sari. Within a week the boat was packed with enough supplies for them to survive on water for a few weeks.

Asi held Haley close every night and loved her gently. Their last night together, he cried and repeatedly told her he loved her. That night, shouts rang out as the men of the village rose against Utoman. Nemia helped Brenda and Sari get out of the hut. Ubdu grabbed Carrie and his daughter and ran for the forest. Susan's husband commanded that she head into the forest and hide. She saw Haley and Asi and joined them. The men who cared for the dogs brought Blue and the weaker dogs, the bigger male dogs would to remain.

Haley saw the boat and she knew he was sending her away this time. She refused to board.

"Haley, go they will kill you. I won't let them hurt you or our child."

"Asi, no. I won't leave you. This is home. If I die, then I..." Haley sobbed.

Asi spoke, "You are the only thing I have ever truly wanted Haley. My whole life, I have been second, but not with you. To keep you alive, you must go. Follow the sun; it will guide you to safety." He sobbed.

Haley hugged him, refusing to let go, "Asi, I love you, please don't send..."

He shoved her off, "Get on the boat Haley, Go Now!" he demanded.

Ubdu picked the distraught woman up and placed her on the boat. She struggled, and he raised his hand to strike her. Haley froze. Carrie looked at Ubdu, and he nodded, "Carrie, take care of Haley and my grandchild." He whispered.

Ubdu was Asi's father. Yes." Carrie answered, shocked at this new revelation; she held Haley close. Brenda was holding her daughter crying as the fighting from the village grew closer and louder. A man yelled, "Go, they come," and Asi started shoving the boat across the sand to the ocean. Ubdu and others joined him. Once the boat was on the water, Haley watched terrified as Ubdu struck Asi, knocking him out. She screamed. Ubdu picked up the unconscious young man and threw him onto the boat. With one final push, the boat floated off into the ocean.

They knew the danger they faced in the sea, but that was the chance they would take to be free of the chief and his brutal ways, not knowing to were or which way to sail. Asi had taught Haley how to read shadows from the sun and how to get around the island. She learned quickly, but she wasn't sure she could circumnavigate an ocean.

Haley held Asi in her lap listening to him breath as the boat rocked on the ocean. The children were restless and cranky; space was cramped, and when she looked back the island was gone. Day turned to night. They ate dried fruit covered themselves with dried giant leaves for protection from the sun, and floated. Asi awoke and finding the reed in the bottom on the vessel he started rowing. Carrie and Susan helped him. The boys rowed some, and slowly they moved across the vast ocean.

They had no idea how long they drifted then they spotted a large ship. The captain spotted the small boat and was wary. Soon he realized people were on it. He turned his ship toward the same boat, and called to the boat. Asi stood and waved. Signaling for attention. The captain told them they were coming to help. The others on the boat had sat up and were apprehensive about this strange new vessel. Captain Richard Erickson was daunted to see the condition he found the people in.

It was obvious that these people were escaping someplace. The crew got everyone on deck, and they stood huddled together. Some of the crew gave the women blankets to cover themselves, and Asi stood ready to defend them. The dogs were taken and placed in a small room. The crew fed the dogs and they gulped down the food instantly. They fed the refugees, gave the medical attention, made them as comfortable as they could. Then the captain wanted to address them. "I am Captain Richard Erickson, and this vessel is named, The Beautiful Lady, Mr. and Mrs. Lang are the owners of this ship. We want to help you, but we need to know who you are." He explained.

Asi tried to answer, but they could not understand what he was saying. He became frustrated. Brenda stood, and touched his arm. She faced the captain and spoke. The captain and crew assumed they were refugees from some small country, but before they could process them, they needed to know where they came from. "I'm Brenda Johnson. I lived in Corinth. These are my friends. We are Americans." She added. The captain was stunned.

"Brenda, you are American, all of you?" he eyed Asi suspiciously.

"He is my husband, Asi. He helped us get away from-" Haley tried to explain.

Susan piped in. "The villagers started fighting and Asi built a boat. They sent us away, he..." she sobbed.

"He saved us. He was trying to help us get home. Pirates attacked and we jumped." Carrie added. "We don't know what..."

"Ma'am. You are safe. We are so glad you survived. People have searched..." he took a deep breath. "Look, rest. All of you. Rest. We're taking you home." Haley held on to Asi. Sari fretted and Brenda calmed her daughter. Carrie held her daughter as she cried for Ubdu. Asi watched the man walk away, and wrapped his arms protectively around his woman.

Within an hour, the ship pulled up on land, Asi panicked. Strange sounds and things were all around. Lights and people yelling scared Asi. He fought. This led to men holding him. Haley saw the men holding Asi, and she struggled to get to him. Asi saw her distress, and he spoke to her. She told him to calm down; these people were trying to help. Asi focused on Haley, and the people helping them realized they needed to be with each other. So they put them together. Asi climbed into an ambulance and held Haley tightly as they were transported to the hospital.

When they arrived, the workers allowed Haley and Asi to remain together as long as they could. But at some point they needed to be examined. Once they learned she was pregnant, her care became even more urgent.

The captain accompanied them and he asked Brenda to explain to Asi what was going on. Asi was worried. His child had to be fine. He could not lose his child or Haley. Once Haley was taken for examination, the doctors examined Asi

"Where is Asi?" Haley asked. "He helped us. He got us away from that place. Please don't hurt him." She pleaded.

After they were examined, their families were contacted.

Brenda's husband, John, rushed to the hospital. He thought she died. The last time he saw his wife, she jumped off the ship. "Brenda, Brenda..." he called as he rushed to her holding her close.

Brenda cried and held onto her husband, Three years had passed since the cruise, but he never gave up. "Baby, I went back out there. As much as I could. I went back." He sobbed. "I knew you didn't leave me Brenda. I knew it."

Brenda was ashamed. Her husband searched for her, yet she had a child with another man. She pushed him away, "No, John, you deserve better. I'm no good. I... I was with someone," she was interrupted. Sari cried. John froze as Brenda lifted her daughter. John was confused, and Brenda looked at her husband, the one man she ever loved and said, "I'm sorry." She turned her back on him and comforted her daughter. John stood watching her, not knowing what to think or say.

After a while, he left. Susan stopped him. He needed to know what happened. Before he gave up on Brenda, he needed to know what she survived. John went with Susan, and she told him of the beatings and rapes his wife endured. He was infuriated. She told him of Osaka trying to cause a miscarriage and beating her mercilessly. And finally, Brenda was the one that kept all of them alive. John thanked her, and went to find his wife's doctors.

He found him and asked him about his wife. The doctor told him of the damage her body suffered. He was surprised they didn't kill her. John thanked him and went back to his wife's room. She sat on her bed crying as she gazed at their daughter. Yes, as far as John was concerned, Sari was now their daughter. "Brenda, I love you. This little girl is a part of you and I love her. Please, don't kick me out of your life. I've waited three years for you to come home. Stay with me now. I know you did what you had to do to survive. I also know they treated you horribly. If I could, I'd go there..." He faced her, tears streaming down his cheeks. "Baby, I am so proud of you Brenda. You amaze me."

"John, I'm sorry." She wailed. He pulled her and Sari into his arms. His heart breaking with each heart-wrenching sob.

"Baby, as long as I live, no one will ever hurt you again." He promised. Brenda held him so tightly. He was just grateful that she came back home.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,295 Followers
12