Sierra's Not Alone Ch. 01

Story Info
Alone, until she got a newspaper.
7.8k words
4.33
14.5k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sierra looked around, marveling in the beauty of nature. There were so many stars out, and the first light was starting to creep into the sky. Turning around, she retreated back to her cave, deciding she should head to bed soon. She had been in the wilderness for about 4 years now, ever since she discovered what a freak she was. When she turned 12, she discovered that she was a mutant. She couldn't stand the way people had stared at her, they way they gawked. Being empathic, feeling why they were gawking made it worse. After having her powers only 3 months, she had to leave. She hadn't dared venture back into civilization, because of her mutation. She had wings, and it was hard not to draw attention to the big blue bat wings sticking from behind her back. Plus, her skin gradually took on a blue hue, getting darker until it was midnight blue. She also had the ability to hide her scent, she had discovered, when shortly after she had run away, searcher had followed her with dogs. She had willed her scent to disappear, and she hid in the trees of the northern California woods. Her wings weren't quite grown then, so she couldn't fly. The only time she dared to fly now was at night, when she ran little risk of being seen.

Nighttime, she took the opportunity to go into the little town 6 miles away. That is how she got supplies; she hated stealing, but she had to have clothes, and there were few garages that were actually locked. Nobody seemed to notice anything missing, so she continued her midnight raids once or twice a week, and her little cave had a homey feel to it. She had gathered enough blankets to have a comfortable sleeping place, and a few dishes for eating. A few of the garages had fridges in their garages, so she occasionally had some good food to eat. She had even come across books on survival, teaching her how to make snares for small animals. She had everything she needed, except for one thing: a companion.

She got of a newspaper tonight, for the first time, and she decided to read it to see what the world was up to. The headlines on the front page jumped out at her. MUTANTS IN SOCIETY. Astonished, Sierra glanced down at the picture; it was a picture of normal looking kids, but one had a tail. She glanced at the caption, and it said that they were students at the school for gifted youngsters, operated by Professor Charles Xavier. Sierra felt her heart leap; she wasn't alone like she thought! There were others who had powers! She sat and thought about the article for awhile, and slowly drifted off into dreams of laughing with others and having friends.....

She awoke sometime in the mid-afternoon, and made herself something to eat. Walking out to her garden, she picked a few veggies, and went inside to cook, her mind still swirling with the thoughts of the others. She hadn't even finished cooking before she had decided that tonight she would fly to the school. She knew it would be further than she has ever flown before, but she set her mind to it, and set about the rest of the day organizing the things in her cave and making sure that she would be able to return should something happen.

As evening fell, she pulled her pack up to her back, resting it between her wings, and leaped into the air and began flying. She was glad she had decided to wear pants, as it was a nippy night for early may. She has selected to wear all black, so she wouldn't be so noticeable. She had braided her waist-length black hair, and pulled on some black combat boots so as to make landing a bit easier. She had to travel for about a week at night just to get to New York. She knew she would be exhausted, and she had mentally prepared herself for what may lie ahead. On her way east, she stopped into that little town for hopefully the last time, and rummaged in a garage, finding a travel atlas and a compass. Taking flight again, she hoped she would never have to return to that town.

6 nights later found her flying over Westchester, NY. She was looking around for the school, but it was hard because a raging storm had come up, whipping her braid around and tearing at her pack. She released her pack, and fought hard against to wind and torrents of rain that threatened to throw her against a building here or there. Seeing the building she recognized from the picture in the newspaper, she aimed down. Going a little faster than she expected, she hit the ground a little too hard and rolled across the lawn, unconscious before she hit the front door.

Logan had been walking through the hallway, grumbling something to himself about the kids, when he heard a loud thud against the front door. Turning, he walked to the door and opened it a crack. Opening the door some more, he finally saw Sierra's unconscious body, lying in a heap. He ran and picked her up, rushing to the infirmary.

Muttering to himself how he didn't need another teenager to drive him crazy, he heard her move, and she said, "I made it..." Looking down Logan saw she was barely conscious. "Don't talk; save your strength. I'm taking you to the infirmary. Don't worry." At those words, she slipped unconscious again.

All the next morning, rumors flew around school about the girl who had landed in the front yard. Every one had something to say, but most of the rumors were groundless. At around 10 AM or so, Sierra regained consciousness, and sat up quickly not remembering where she was for a moment. Seeing a young woman with her back turned, she stopped and stared. "Oh god," she thought, "I've been caught...what are they gonna do to me?"

Turning around, Jean smiled. "Nothing, my dear. You were in terrible shape when you landed in the yard last night. Well, since you are awake, I am going to get the professor." Making her leave, jean smiled slightly at the shocked look on the girl's face.

"Can she read my mind?" thought Sierra worriedly. Glancing around the room, she realized that the red-haired woman hadn't even locked the door going out of her room. She obviously wasn't being held here for experiments, and she had said something about the professor. Was it Charles Xavier? She could only hope.

After what seemed like hours, she heard the door open, and an older man entered in a wheelchair. Smiling warmly at her, he spoke. "Hello, Sierra, I am Professor Charles Xavier. I hope you are feeling better?" Shocked as to how he knew her name, she couldn't find her voice to speak. Then, she jumped at hearing his voice in her head. "Yes, Sierra, I know your name, ad why you cam here. I am a mutant, as you are, and my power is telepathy. I read your mind while you slept so we would know why you ended up unconscious in the yard."

Still speechless, she closed her mouth and swallowed. Wheeling his chair to her bedside, he smiled at her. "I assure you, we mean no harm; we just want to provide youngsters like yourself a place where that can feel safe. I want to help you feel like you belong." Finally smiling slightly, Sierra almost started crying. There were people who didn't care how she looked! Clearing her throat, she softly said, "Thank you, Professor. But, if it is alright with you, I would rather stay away from everyone else for awhile. It's gonna be awhile before I adjust to the fact that I look...different." Swallowing again, she averted her eyes to her lap.

The professor spoke softly, just as she had. "Well, I thought you might feel that way, and I wanted you to meet someone. He ought to make you feel at ease. Kurt, come in here please."

The door opened again, and a young man walked in, and she gasped slightly. He was dark blue and had yellow eyes just like her. He had a long tail, pointed ears, and only 3 fingers on each hand. "Hello. It's nice to know that I am not the only blue person," he says, smiling. Noticing he has an accent, she also realizes he is kinda cute, although he was probably not interested in her. Clearing her throat again, she smiled, revealing she had small fangs, and replied, "I'm very surprised, myself...." The professor and jean left, obviously communicating to each other with their telepathy. Feeling that Kurt was a little nervous, she spoke first after the professor left. "Is there anything good to eat here?"

Kurt looked up from the floor, and blushed a little, glad it wouldn't show through his dark skin. "Yes, in the kitchen. I'll show you."

Sierra could feel his shyness, and it made her feel a bit more shy. Looking down at her gown, she told him, "Well, I don't wanna walk around with my butt hanging out for the world to see... Do you think you could find some clothes for me first?"

Kurt smiled, and replied with a nod before disappearing in a puff of smoke. Startled, Sierra watched the smoke dissipate. A moment later, Kurt reappeared with some clothes. Laying the clothes down at the foot of her bed, he stepped outside of the room to give hr some privacy. Looking at the clothes, she realized that a bra and panties were included. The clothes fit, and surprisingly so did the c- cup bra. Being only 5'2, she hoped the pants wouldn't be too long. Picking up the next article of clothing, she realized that she was given a skirt that went just above her knees. Oh well. She also had a spaghetti strap tank top, and she pulled that on, feet first, and when it hit the base of her wings, she pulled the straps over her shoulders. It barely covered her breasts, but she didn't mind. She was still kind of in a daze.

Not caring about being barefoot, she stepped out of the room, smiling at Kurt. Kurt stared for a moment, and had to avert his eyes. She looked very beautiful, wearing all black, but he forced the thoughts from his mind. Sierra, picking up on his feeling, realized he was attracted to her. Smiling to herself, she was glad some one liked her at all.

Kurt kept quiet, stealing sideways glances at the young woman. She was only 18, but she was so beautiful to him... Damned be it, she was underage! Shaking his head, he focused on getting to the kitchen, and getting her something to eat. Deciding to make conversation, and to help her not notice all the stares from the students, he asked her, "Do you have an idea of what you want?"

Realizing people were staring, she felt wonder in their stares, not fear like she had so long ago. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, and looked up at Kurt. He wasn't too much taller than her, but he was kind of slouching. She took in his nicely toned body, and replied, "I have no clue. I haven't had some real cooked food in so long. Just stuff I caught in the forest, and veggies."

Kurt glanced at her, and realized she was staring at him, almost as if she knew what he was feeling. This was strange for him, to have another mutant who looked as he did. He didn't feel alone with her here, and he had known her for a total of 15 minutes! It was a nice feeling. "I'll get Logan to cook you up something. He makes good omelets, and waffles."

Arriving at the kitchen, Sierra folded her wings in front of her like a cape, and hooked the claws at the tip around each other to fasten them in place. The kitchen smelled delicious, and she sat down at the breakfast nook, and smiled up at Kurt. "Well, you choose what to feed me. I can't decide."

Seeing as Logan wasn't in sight, he turned to the fridge. He thought he felt her eyes roaming over his body, and he turned to glance at her. She was staring at the island. Great, now he was imagining things. He was the one checking her out on the way here, stealing every look that he could at her cleavage.

Scott walked in, and saw Sierra. Smiling, he walked up to her and offered his hand. "Hi, you must be the new girl, Sierra. I'm Scott."

Sierra looked up, and saw a good looking young man smiling at her, and her shyness came back. Taking his hand timidly, she smiled.

Scot turned the go to the fridge and clapped Nightcrawler on the back. "So, Kurt...How does it feel to not be the only blue X-Man now?" Kurt smiled, and just shrugged his shoulders. Finding a few eggs left, he set about making an omelet for Sierra, and enough for himself, too. He hadn't eaten yet, so he figured he might as well eat with her. Setting a plate in front of her, he sat across from her. She smiled, and began eating. "Wow, this is good." Kurt looked up at her and smiled, feeling a bit aroused. She was so beautiful. Mind, she was the only other blue mutant at the school, but he still felt she was beautiful. Looking down to her breasts, he felt a little hard, and caught himself thinking how he would love to taste them, to lick them, and he forced the thoughts out of his head and continued eating.

After they were finished, He asked, "Would you like to meet Rogue? You and she have a bit in common. When she had discovered she was a mutant, she ran away from home as well, and felt like an outcast. I think you would get along with her. She's I the game room, I think." Sierra just nodded, and followed behind Kurt, taking the opportunity to check out his ass. She had sensed his arousal, and it made her a wee bit wet thinking about how he had stared at her.

Arriving in the game room, Kurt introduced her to Rogue. "Hi Sugar, nice to meetcha!" Rogue extended her gloved hand forward, and shook her hand. "Well, I imagine that you don't have anything else to wear, right? Well, let's go se the professor right quick. I'm sure he has a holo thing for you by now." Taking her hand, Rogue waved at Kurt, and he watched them leave. Sierra stole a glance back at Kurt, and smiled shyly before she was out of site. Kurt realized she had probably been attracted to him, and he suddenly needed to sit down. Logan sat next to him, and asked, "So, Is she nice? Or a brat?"

Kurt just held his head in his hands, and didn't reply. "Oh, so you like her. Well, that's to be expected. I think she likes you bud. I saw her starin' at you before she left. Be careful, though, she is only 18."

Kurt looked up. "18? She doesn't look that young... I would have thought maybe 23. She's beautiful."

Logan grinned. "Yeah, that she is, no doubt. The blue skin suits her."

Kurt laughed. "Yeah, but you are right. She is underage. I need to maintain nothing beyond a friendship with her. She is more shy than I am, and that's strange to me."

It was Logan's turn to laugh. "Well, I hope you two can become friends. Imagine, the Nightcrawler with a partner."

Rogue and Sierra arrived at the Professor's office, and rogue walked right in. Feeling shy again, Sierra just looked at the floor.

Xavier looked at Rogue and smiled. "So, I see you've met Sierra. I expect you want to take her shopping?

Rogue just smirked. "Yeah, and I hate it when you read my mind like that."

The professor chuckled a little. "I like to play with my students a bit. It's where I get my fun." Reaching into his desk, he pulled out a ring. Handing it to Sierra, he told her to put it on. Sierra obliged, and her hand turned to normal pink flesh! She looked up at the professor. The professor told her to look in the mirror. She turned, and she saw herself, but looking like a normal 18 year old girl. No wings, green eyes, and slightly tanned normal skin. "Oh...my...I look ...normal..."

The professor smiled. "Well, only while you wear the ring. It projects a holographic image over your body to make you appear human. We had to make one for Kurt, so he would be able to go in public without being harassed. The only catch is you have to keep your wings folded close to you, and don't let anyone touch you I want you to go with Rogue. She'll take you to the mall, and you can get yourself some clothes, and a few other things for your new room. I want you to enjoy yourself today; I'll see you when you return."

Sierra turned to Rogue. "Before we go, I need shoes, and maybe if you could, do my makeup?"

The professor smiled as they left talking. "I think she's already feeling comfortable here. She'll fit in well. The only problem is Kurt's attraction. I think he'll behave, though."

Laughing as they returned from the mall a few hours later, Rogue and Sierra had become fast friends. "How about that one boy who tripped when he saw you? He couldn't take his eyes from you, girl!"

Sierra giggled. "I know...It feels nice to have people look at me and think I look pretty, not look at me and think I am a freak. I never want to leave here."

Heading upstairs, continuing their girl chat, Logan stepped in front of them.

"Well, since you girls returned, I have your room ready, Sierra. Rogue, she's to be your new roommate. You two hit it off so well, the Prof Thought you should share a room."

Sierra recognized Logan by his scent. "Hey, you're the guy who found me.... Umm... thanks." Jumping up to hug him, Logan stood there startled for a second, before returning her hug with one arm. "Alright, kiddo, take it easy. Go to your room."

Pulling her off, he walked away. Sierra watched him, and felt that he had liked the thanks, even though he pretended to be irritated. "Don't worry Sugar. He's always like that. He liked it; he just puts up a tough exterior."

"I know, Rogue. I felt it."

Rogue stared for a moment, and asked, "What, you an empath?" Sierra smiled. "I dunno, I just feel how people feel, you know? That, and I figured how to hide my scent from search dogs."

Rogue jumped at that last one. "Really? Well, don't tell that to Logan. He follows the kids by scent. He's known as Wolverine, because he can smell anything going on. He also has claws that come from his hands. Don't ask, he's touchy about them claws."

Getting to their room, Rogue helped Sierra put her stuff away. "So, girl, how do you like Kurt? His nickname is Nightcrawler. He can teleport, and he used to be an acrobat. He's pretty flexible, if you know what I mean." Winking, she laughed as she saw Sierra blush. "Well, with that ring on, it's noticeable when you blush."

Sierra pulled the ring off, and just looked at Rogue. "I will admit, I think he is cute. But, I'm not 18. Besides, I've never even kissed a boy. I don't think he is interested in me."

Rogue laughed. "Oh well, you can still fantasize, girl. It don't hurt nuthin."

Sierra pulled out her bathing suit. "Well, she we go for a swim?"

Rogue smiled, and said, "That's what I don't do, sugar."

Sierra sensed some sadness and frustration. "What's wrong?"

"Well, because of my power, I can't touch another person without absorbing their memories, and with mutants, their powers too. I put the first boy I kissed into a coma. I just don't do things that leave my skin exposed. Sorry. I'll get Kitty to go with you. She's a sweetie." Rogue walked out for a moment, and Sierra changed. She looked at herself in the mirror, and admired herself. She didn't look so bad, she thought to herself. The blue skin was flattering, and it made her special. Her haircut helped, too. It was below her waist, and she had it cut to just below her shoulders. Her bikini was white, and she thought she looked nice. Grabbing a towel, she opened the door just as Rogue got back. "Hey, here's Kitty. Now, go swim and have fun girls!" Rogue pulled Sierra out of the room, and she smiled at Kitty. "Hi. Ready to go?"

Kitty smiled. "Sure. Let's go." She did look kinda like Kurt, Kitty thought. Just with wings and no tail. Neat.

Getting to the pool, Sierra dove in, and came back up. "Water feels great, Kitty! Come in!" Kitty giggled, and dove in herself. The two girls began splashing each other, and were oblivious to the few guys who came out.

"Well, can we join in the fight?" Startled, the girls looked up, and saw Kurt, Scott, and Bobby Drake standing there. "Smiling, they all looked at each other and jumped in, not waiting for an answer. Kurt had teleported above the pool, and landed right between the two girls, splashing them both. He came up laughing, and smiled at kitty. "Aww, did I splash the poor Kitty?" Sierra was laughing as well, and made her way to the side of the pool, and say on the steps in the shallow end. Watching everyone having fun, she decided to go back up to the room. Grabbing her towel, she started to dry her hair on her way back in.