Silver Eyes Ch. 08

Story Info
A romance between a vampire and a supernatural woman.
2.5k words
4.69
24.8k
14
5

Part 9 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'And where are you coming from?'

Olivia jumped in the darkness. She looked over her shoulder and saw Annette sitting on the sofa staring at her, her silver eyes glowing in the dark.

'Jesus Christ! You nearly gave me a heart attack. What are you still doing up anyhow?' Olivia asked putting on the table lamp in the living room. She dropped her bag next to Annette and slumped on the sofa sighing.

'Waiting for you. You have work tomorrow...well tonight and you were with Angus I presume?'

'What's it to you, Mother?' Olivia asked irritated.

'Let's see. The fact that you just met him like what, two days ago? And next thing, you, who has never gone out for a simple night out on a week day 'cause of work ends up sneaking into the house at four in the morning on a Monday.' Annette answered quietly.

'Annette. I appreciate the fact that you are concerned about me because you are my best friend and flat mate, but you are not my mother. So please mind your own business. I am an adult and I can do whatever I please.' Olivia answered growing angrier by the second.

Annette shrugged and got up walking to the door, 'You're right. Completely right. But you can't blame me for being a bit suspicious. I mean, you hardly know this guy.'

'Like you know the vampire you're pining over? At least Angus is a normal human being. Can't say the same about your 'lover'.' Olivia replied snidely.

'Same as you can't say about me too, I suppose.' Annette answered with a hurt expression.

'I never said that Netta, stop putting words in my mouth.' Olivia sighed. 'Look, thanks for your worries and suspicion and everything. I'm thrilled I have a friend who cares about me. But please, let me do what I want to do. If it ends up being a mistake then just be the good friend you've always been and give me a shoulder to cry on. I'm just having fun, it's not like I'm getting married to him, so please Netta. Just let me be.'

Annette let out a huge, tired sigh. 'Fine. I will. Just...just go on to bed now, you know how cranky you'll be later on in about...three hours. So...well, good night.' She made to leave the living room.

'Netta.'

Annette turned round to stare at a smiling Olivia.

'I'm really happy about this Annette. Thanks really, but just...just be my friend okay?'

Annette walked over to Olivia and gave her a tight squeeze, 'Of course I'll always be your friend. And my shoulder's here for you to bawl on; not that I'm hoping that's what happens of course.'

They both grinned at this and Annette kissed the top of Olivia's forehead and ruffled her hair, 'Go get some sleep now, Liv.'

***

Annette stared at her phone for the umpteenth time then dropped it on her bed in frustration. Why had Sebastian not rung her yet? What was wrong with guys? They pestered girls then, finally, got the girls to kiss them, collected their phone numbers but neglect to call. She jumped on her bed with a huff. She had to get ready for work soon but she could not be arsed. All she could focus on was why her phone was still silent. Suddenly, as if prompted, her phone rang and she pounced on it happily. She cleared her throat then picked it up without checking the number on the caller ID.

'Hello.' She said breathily.

'Have you got a sore throat?'

'Livvy.' Annette said sullenly. 'What do you want?'

'Err, to talk to my friend that's what. Okay, I lie. To tell you that I shan't be coming home early tonight so don't wait up okay?'

'Yeah, fine. Whatever. Gotta go now.'

'Please tell me you aren't still angry with me.' Olivia sighed, 'Annette really...'

'Trust me when I say this Livvy, whatever you're up to right now isn't even registering on my radar.'

'Oh. Okay. Well, I'll let you go then. Are you okay?'

'Yeah sure. Just...yeah, I am. Have fun, yeah. Shall chat to you later.'

'Well, fine.' Olivia said hesitantly, 'Okay then. Bya.'

Annette hung up the phone and sighed. Guess he was not calling anytime soon then. She dropped the phone back on the bed and went into the shower. As she stood there and the water poured from the powered shower head heavily, she did not hear the phone ringing in her room.

***

Why was she not picking up her phone? Sebastian thought to himself.

'Calm down, Sebbie boy. She's probably busy.' Drake muttered dryly.

'How on earth...what are you talking about?' Sebastian asked him puzzled. Had he voiced his question out loud?

'Oh please, dude. I can read you like a child's story book. You're ringing your Buffy and she's not picking her phone and you're worried she's being slaughtered by some evil monster. She's probably busy, you know, getting ready for work. Not everyone's like us dude, some people have to work for a living.'

'Okay, cut the sarcasm, boy.' Sebastian rolled his eyes flushing a little. Drake was right. Annette was probably getting ready for work and could not hear the phone ring or something. Why was he acting like a school boy with a heady crush? He shook his head wryly at himself. 'Guess I'll just go see her at work then. Probably ask her if she wants to go out for like drinks or something. Or I don't know...what do young girls do nowadays?'

Drake smiled evilly to himself, time to pull staid Sebby's legs. 'You should probably take her clubbing. She'd definitely love it. There's this club in Marble Arch, not too far from her bar. It stays open like all night. She'd love it.'

'You think? I mean, she'd have been in a bar all night, do you really think she'd want to go clubbing afterwards?' Sebastian asked confused.

'Definitely. Girls love clubbing. I mean, you'd know that if you actually spent time with girls. Fuddy duddy.'

'I spend time with girls, Drake. I just don't...did you just call me a fuddy duddy?'

Drake laughed out loud as Sebastian shook his head at him, 'You are definitely a child in a man's body.'

Drake stuck out his tongue at Sebastian's back as he left the room. 'Whatever, F.D.'

Sebastian smiled to himself. Oh, Drake. Definitely a character. Well if clubbing was what girls wanted, what Annette could possibly want, then clubbing they would go.

***

Annette struggled to hear orders being screamed at her over the din in the bar. 'Could you repeat that, please?' She asked squinting as she concentrated on the man at the other side of the bar.

'I said, I want two Buds and a Strongbow.' The man yelled looking a bit irritated.

'Coming right up, sorry.' She replied rolling her eyes as she turned. Silly man, did he actually think Annette had super hearing?

'Hey, your new hunky dory man just walked in the bar.' Melissa snidely said as she walked past Annette.

Annette whirled round quickly and saw Sebastian staring at her as he stood by the door. She smiled immediately not able to hide her joy. Then she quickly turned round blushing to herself. Oh God, why did she make it so obvious that she was thrilled to see him? Not too long ago, she was certain she could not stand the sight of him. Okay, more like she had been super attracted to him but had been angry at herself so took out her annoyance on him. Plus she had been scared that getting with him might further complicate her life. But who said she could not have fun just because she was different? Other people had fun. Olivia had fun. By Jove, she was going to have her own fun too.

She could not help another smile slipping out as she filled up a pint of Strongbow and placed it on the table with two bottles of Budweiser in front of the man. She nodded as he paid her and snuck a glance at the door to see if Sebastian was still standing there.

A voice whispered maliciously behind her, 'Looking for your new boyfriend? Surprising really, as I thought there was no love lost between you two.'

Annette let out an irritated sigh. She had been perfectly happy when Melissa used to ignore her. Now she could not take two steps without Melissa whispering something bothersome in her ears.

'And where did you get that idea from? You know what, don't answer that. I don't even care. Don't you have people to serve, drinks to open? Demons to play with?' She smiled sweetly at an open mouthed Melissa and pushed past her.

Sebastian grinned widely as Annette sashayed towards him. 'Hey you. I waited for your call.'

'I did call you. But you didn't pick up.' He replied leaning back on his bar stool to slide a lazy gaze over her.

'Ah, so that weird number was yours then. I was in the shower. Didn't hear the phone ring.' Her breath hitched as Sebastian's gaze turned hot at the word 'shower'.

Lord he was sexy.

'So you're through when? three?' Sebastian asked placing his hands on the counter to get closer to her.

'Actually no. It's Tuesday so I'm through eleven. Why?' She asked bemused, her heart speeding up as he came so close she could see little flecks of army green in his almost pure forest green eyes.

'Just wondering if you wanted to go out later on, after you're through here I mean.' He continued hastily as her look grew more confused. 'I mean, clubbing. Do you like clubbing? I know this really cool place in Marble Arch...just wondered if you wanted to go there.'

'Err...well...sure. I mean, yeah, cool.' She looked at him puzzled. He wanted to go clubbing? He seemed so old-fashioned; she would never have pegged him as a clubber. More like genteel nights in, drinking expensive wine and eating oysters. Ah well, she thought excitedly, it had been ages since she went clubbing. Months actually; she had not been out since she started working at the bar. She was always too tired. But now, knowing she had him for company, she was definitely well up for it.

'I'll see you when I'm through then.' She smiled up at him and he nodded, looking quite relieved, she thought.

'Do you want a drink while you wait?' She asked.

'No. I'm okay. Don't want to drink whilst driving.' He replied.

'I didn't think vampires got drunk.'

'Well, I don't actually. Just setting a good example for the young ones.' He grinned at her.

She laughed out at this, 'Young ones. Really, what are you 30...no wait, vampire. You're probably a hundred or something. That's not too old.'

'Add about two thousand to that and you'd be closer to the mark.' He said.

Annette gasped out loud, 'You're joking me! Are you serious? Bloody Hell, you're probably as old as Jesus.'

'Yes, that I am.' He replied chuckling.

She stared at him in awe then quickly shook her head, 'I'm gonna try to forget that or I won't be able to concentrate on whatever anyone says again...two thousand...Bleeding 'eck.' She turned around and walked back to her side of the bar.

Two thousand??!

***

'Wow. This is awesome.' Annette shouted over the pounding music in the tastefully decorated VIP section of the club. She had been stunned when Sebastian had had a few words with someone who she was pretty sure was the owner of the club and they had been whisked to the VIP section pronto. She had felt a bit frumpy in her plain black t-shirt and short denim skirt with flat ballerina-like pumps, especially as she was with Sebastian who looked like he had stepped out of a GQ magazine cover. She thanked her stars that she had had some make up in her bag. At least she was not completely plain. She was completely clueless to the fact that as 'plain' as she thought she looked, she was actually attracting quite a few stares as they walked past people to a secluded table.

Sebastian was well aware of the looks she was getting and tried to control himself from snarling at the guys who unabashedly ogled her. He could feel his fangs pressing against his lower lip as they grew from his upper gum and he forced them to retract. It had been ages since he had to really concentrate on controlling his vampiric senses and this puzzled him a bit. He placed a hand behind Annette's back and led her to the soft leather couch. As they sat, a suited man appeared in front of them with two chilled bottles of vintage Dom Perignon. 'Compliments of the club, sir.'

Sebastian nodded as the man uncorked one of the bottles and poured it into two long stemmed flutes. Drake had not been joking when he said he knew contacts. He certainly knew his way around the upper echelons of the club scene.

Annette looked at him completely mystified, 'Wow. Who do you know here that could pull such strings? I mean, normally you have to book a table like ages before getting to this club. And to get complimentary champagne? Wow, aren't you connected.'

Sebastian just smiled at her. Drake had warned him not to put himself down. Apparently, the ladies liked suave guys. Gone were the days when he could simply beguile girls to do as he pleased. Not Annette anyway, he did not want to use his vampire powers on her. He looked round, ignoring the girls that were sending him come-hither looks. Okay, what to do next?

***

Thirty minutes of steady gulping and Annette was practically buzzing. They had sat there drinking and staring into each other's eyes and Annette was extremely tipsy. Although Sebastian had relented and drunk with her, it was obvious that he was not even remotely drunk.

'Let's dance.' She said excitedly.

Sebastian gulped at this. 'Dance? You mean now?'

'Duh! Of course now. Let's dance, come on.' She stood up and pulled him hard and he shot to his feet immediately.

'Oops.' She giggled. She had forgotten her strength, 'Sorry. Forgot how strong I was. Hehe, blame it on the al-al-alcohol.' She sang. He looked at her blankly.

'Guess you don't know that song then. T-pain? Jamie Foxx? Haha.'

He kept on staring.

'Ah, bugger it. Come on. Off we go.'

'Err, just one thing. I'm not a particularly good dancer.' He hastily stated as Annette danced her way to the packed dance floor.

'Who cares? Just move your body. I'll do the dancing for the both of us.' She threw a saucy grin over her shoulder as they found a spot they could squeeze into against the wall.

Then she began to move her body.