Silver Eyes Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Annette stopped rocking Olivia immediately. With her arms still around her, and her face away from Olivia's, she asked softly, 'What are you on about, Liv?'

'The reason Angus came up to me in the park wasn't 'cause he wanted to comfort me about that cursed dog. It's because he wanted to use me to get to you. To know what exactly you are, or what your life's about, that bit's still a bit hazy.'

Annette moved away from her, her face still expressionless, 'What do you mean?'

Olivia wiped her eyes. This was going to hurt Annette, what she was about to say, so she pushed her own pain to the back of her mind, 'Annette. Netta, Angus was sent by Sebastian to spy on you. Through me. He was sent to find out stuff about you.'

Annette shook her head at that. Once. Then twice, 'That's not true. Why would Seb do that? He could easily ask me stuff himself. Why spy on me? I don't believe that creature.'

Olivia said gently, 'He said Sebastian said to find out why your life was so complicated'.

Annette stopped her fidgeting at those words. It had to be true because those were the exact same words she said to Sebastian when she warned him away from her.

'Annette? Are you okay?' Olivia asked worried.

'That was a long time ago, though.' Annette said, her voice sounding like it was coming from a faraway tunnel, 'This happened ages before we got together. Before we became lovers. Friends. Everything.'

Olivia actually wrung her hands at the empty look in Annette's eyes, 'Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, Angus did say Sebastian told him to stop, so Seb probably...'

Annette had stopped listening. Her mind was whirling to all the days and nights she had spent with Sebastian. With his friends in the kitchen. On the bed. Having sex. Making love. Talking. Laughing. He had had so many opportunities to tell her what he had sent Angus to do. To ask her outright about her life. The complications. Whatever. He had not. He didn't trust her. He had had questions about her life, questions so important to him that he had gotten someone to spy on her, yet he had asked her to marry him without clearing the air on what he wanted to know. What he had asked Angus to do. And he had done it through her friend. Her best friend who wasn't as strong as she was. Who could easily be killed. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought about what could have happened if Angus had not been around. This was all her fault. If she had never got involved with Sebastian, no one would be looking for her or hurting her friend. She had let herself fall in love with a man she barely knew, a man who looked at her with guiltless eyes and asked for her hand in marriage. He had knowingly sent a werewolf to her flat. Knowing that werewolves supposedly lost control when they changed. Her heart turned to ice.

'Annette!' Olivia shouted shaking Annette's limp hand.

Annette blinked and looked at her.

Then she smiled sweetly, 'We have to do something about those men who came here. Whoever sent them obviously wants me bad enough to have found out about this flat that no one knows about, well apart from Angus and Se.... We have to find out what's going on before they send some other people around here who'll probably succeed in really hurting you this time.'

'Annette, what about Sebas...' Olivia started but stopped at the look in Annette's eyes.

'He doesn't matter. Not to me. Not anymore.'

12