Silver Eyes Ch. 15

Story Info
A Paranormal romance b/w a vampire and a supernatural human.
3.4k words
4.78
21.3k
10
5

Part 16 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sorry for the late submission...this is the penultimate chapter...already finished the whole story woohooo!!!! so shall be submitting both chapters! Thanks an awful lot for all the glorious comments that I've gotten so far...both positive and negative. And please don't forget to vote and comment.

Happy Reading! :) xoxo

************************** **************************

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

As Sebastian got ready for the meeting that was to take place in a few minutes, Damien and Drake sat at the dining table and stared at him with restrained excitement in their eyes.

'Are you sure about this, Seb? I mean, what if a vampire is truly behind Annette's cocked up capture? Are you truly going to fry him?' Drake asked.

'Without a doubt. This is my queen, their queen, all our queen. And by attempting to put her life in danger, they show disrespect for me. And I must act accordingly.' Sebastian replied grimly.

He had thought long and hard about how he was going to approach finding out who wanted to hurt Annette and he had come to his decision. Whoever it was was going to pay, and pay hard.

'Come on guys, let's go downstairs.' He said and walked out of the room.

On getting downstairs to the main hall, he saw the room filled with confused vampires milling around. He could understand their confusion. This was an impromptu meeting. One that should not be taking place as they had had their monthly meeting. He smiled grimly to himself.

'Ladies and gentlemen. I am sure we are all askance as to the purpose of the meeting. All would be revealed in due course. Please, I ask of you, sit.' Sebastian said in a loud voice and all the vampires silently sat, waiting patiently for what he had summoned them for.

Sebastian sat down and looked at everyone. They stared at him patiently. He sighed to himself sadly. For all his bravado and anger, it would truly hurt him to find the betrayer in their midst. He had lived with most of them for decades, centuries even. And to find that one or some of them were unhappy with his choice in queenship and chosen to kill Annette rather than inform him of their unhappiness...that shook him to the core.

'This is a meeting of grave importance as something...shocking has come to my attention.' He started in a grave tone. 'It seems that there are some people here who are unhappy with my choice of Annette as your queen.'

A murmur broke out as vampires looked at one another in surprise.

'So now I ask, and I beg you to be honest in your answer. Remember, we are brethren first and foremost, and your council is something I will not take lightly. Does anyone here disagree with the choice of Annette, my soulmate, as your queen?'

No one said anything.

Sebastian looked round as everyone stared at him with stoic expressions. He smiled to himself; these were vampires. They put the expressionless in expressionless demeanours.

'I see that no one here disagrees. And I am glad of course. Yet it amazes me as someone here dared to go to my soulmate's home to harm her.'

This caused arguments to break out among the vampires as they reacted with shock, anger and fear.

Sebastian raised a hand and they all fell quiet. 'Yes. It's shocking is it not? And yet it saddens me, that someone here did not deem it fit to tell me that they were unhappy with my choice. Instead, they decided to take the decision of harming...of killing my queen into their hands. Truly saddening indeed.' He bowed his head for a second letting the tension in the hall to rise to almost boiling point. Then he snapped his head up with his eyes blazing in anger. Some of the vampires sat in front of him shrank back in fear unconsciously.

'Well, as no one intends to admit to harming my queen, I shall give you all the benefit of the doubt. This is simply because I trust you all. I have lived and learned and been with you all for centuries. I have been your Master for centuries. We have all been through thick and thin together. And I believe that if anyone had had a problem with my choice they would have come to me, have told me about it, whether in confidence or not. And we would have looked for a way to sort things out. Since no one here confesses to it, then I believe you. But in order to ensure that such a thing does not occur again; in order to...shall we say not put my trust and faith in you all to the test, then I un-announce Annette as queen.'

A gasp went through the hall at his statement.

He nodded, albeit sadly, 'Although it hurts me to do this, it seems I have no other choice. I think it's for the best this way. I shall comply with your harsh yet secretive demand of letting Annette go, no matter how much of a sacrifice this is. The only thing I ask of you, whoever you are, is that you let her be. Your wish has now become my command. This meeting is adjourned.'

With this he got up rather abruptly and swept out of the hallway and back to his room ignoring the mutterings and whispers that commenced immediately he left.

He did not have to wait for too long; soon the room opened and Damien, Drake and another Vampire, Samen walked in and shut the door quietly behind them.

'Your plan worked perfectly. We know who it was...well one of them anyway.' Drake said excitedly.

Sebastian nodded grimly and looked at Samen.

Samen nodded in the affirmative. Samen was a vampire with an added ability. He was like a walking lie-detector. With him in the room, he could detect liars by what they said, how they spoke, how their postures were, even by how they breathed. He was exceptional amongst humans and lowly or normal vampires. Unfortunately his system was wonky amongst the higher vampires and he said as much.

'Of the vampires, I believe Malachi is the culprit. When you asked the question, his heart rate sped up and he looked to the left before looking at your table. He is definitely up to something. However I am not sure about the elders as I cannot read them. Plus there seemed to be something, or someone that Malachi looked at when he glanced at you but I could not tell who exactly he was looking at as I was reading his pulse. He is working with someone else and that someone is an elder close enough to sit at your table.' Samen said in his soft tone.

Sebastian nodded, 'Thank you Samen. You have been most helpful. You can go.'

Samen bowed and made to the leave the room but was stopped by Sebastian's words.

'I need not tell you that this conversation goes no further than this room.'

Samen nodded immediately, 'You can trust me with your heart, my Lord. I would never betray you.'

He left the room and Sebastian sighed to the twins, 'I really hope he wouldn't as that would definitely be the death of him. Literally.'

Drake shook his head, 'I do not think Samen would betray you. He has stood by you even before you knew us.'

'Yes, I know. But so have the other vampires. So has Malachi. So have the elders. But one of them is against me. I can trust no one but you two right now, Drake.'

Drake nodded and sat down with his twin brother. He could never betray Sebastian. Neither he nor his brother could and he was pleased that Sebastian was aware of that fact.

'Now that we know Malachi's one of the people behind Annette's near capture, what do we do?' Damien asked.

'We question him, that's what!' Drake said, 'and then we kill him. I never liked the thuggish fuck anyway.'

Sebastian smiled although it was more of a dark twist of his lips, 'Yeah, you're right. We question him. And torture him with the threat of the sun. And if he does not talk still, then what?'

Drake shook his head, 'Naw, he'll definitely talk. He's scared of you. Hell, every single one of them there's scared of you, Seb.'

'If they're so scared how come they have the effrontery to try to harm Annette?' Sebastian asked angrily.

'Err...well...good point.' Drake replied sheepishly.

Sebastian shook his head then barked before he could change his mind, 'Go get him for me before he goes too far, Damien. Drake, ring Annette and make sure she is safe.'

***

Annette jumped as her cell phone rang. She looked at the time and saw it was half past three. She saw that it was Sebastian's number and grumbled as she pressed the answer button.

'This better be good, Vamp-lord. I just about fell asleep after a very, I repeat, Very gruelling night at work so you best be giving me good news.'

'And hello to you too, little miss sunshine.'

Annette widened her eyes at the familiar voice, 'Oh crap, it's one of the twins isn't it? Can't tell which one...embarrasing.com.'

Drake laughed, 'It's me, Drake. Nice one, Vamp-Lord. Don't think he's been called that before.'

Annette laughed and then laughed some more as she heard a thud then a muffled 'Ow, it's not my fault she loves me.'

'Ignore this peasant child, Annette. I'm sure I woke you up and I apologise. I just wanted to make sure you and Olivia are safe.'

Annette ignored the tingle that snaked its way down her spine on hearing Sebastian's deep, sexy voice, 'No worries. We're alright. Anyway, how did your meeting go?'

She heard Sebastian sigh and could picture him running his hand through his hair as he always did when he was tired, 'It was Malachi, well one of them anyway.'

Annette was blank for a second, then she remembered the scary looking man that had rushed towards her that fateful day.

'That horrid creature!' She gasped angrily, 'He clearly has forgotten that nose I fixed for him. I'm coming over to yours this instant.'

'No.' Sebastian barked and Annette jumped startled.

'Err...this is my kidnapper and the person who caused Olivia so much fear and pain so who are you to tell me no?' She snapped.

Sebastian sighed again, 'Look I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so abrupt but you coming here will ruin the plan.'

'What plan? I thought you've found him, just torture him and get who the other people are and then we kill them. Simpactico.'

'It's not as clear cut as that, Annette. Please just let me do what I've decided on doing. Just trust me, and I promise to let you get your pound of flesh.'

'Fine. As long as I get that pound of flesh, but God help you I don't Sebastian...!' She grumbled.

Sebastian chuckled softly, 'Don't worry, Netta. You shall. Now I have to go but I shall ring you later to check up on you. Good night, my queen.'

Annette's heart leapt at his words as she said, 'Don't call me that Sebastian. Remember, nothing's changed.'

Sebastian replied, 'Indeed, you are right. Nothing's changed. I still love you.'

Annette quickly said, 'Good night, Sebastian.' And she hung up the phone, her heart speeding.

She lay back on her bed and replayed his last words in her mind. 'I still love you.'

Was it time she forgave him? No, she would not think about that. Not until she and Olivia were truly safe again.

***

Sebastian cut his phone and smiled to himself. He was slowly getting through her defences, he was sure about it. Soon, he would be completely forgiven. Well, he hoped his instincts were right because if he wasn't, he did not think he would be able to continue with his life.

He looked up as he heard the door open and Damien fling Malachi to the middle of the room. He pushed out all thoughts about his love life so as to concentrate on the task at hand. Namely, torturing Malachi.

'Hello, Malachi.' He gave a sinister smile.

Malachi looked up at Sebastian from his position on the floor and gulped rather audibly.

'My...My Lord...'

'Oh No...Don't be frightened. I just want to have a little chat with you.' Sebastian smiled again and sat down. 'Please, sit. Make yourself comfortable.'

Malachi got to his feet and shakily made his way to a chair and sank down, almost gratefully.

'Now that we're all comfortable, let's talk Malachi. Firstly, I would like to state my utmost disappoint in you. We have known each other for what now...three hundred and eighty years? Well, thereabouts anyway; and yet you lied to me tonight.'

Malachi shook his head vigorously, 'No! No, my lord, what are you talking...'

'Now, now, Malachi. Don't make it worse by lying some more. Your punishment will be greater I assure you. Now let's end all this pussyfooting, why did you try to kidnap Annette and who are you working with?'

Malachi blubbered immediately, 'Working with? Kidnap...my lord why would you think I was involved in such a heinous act? Why...'

Sebastian shook his head and sighed as if he was weighed down with the sorrows of the world, 'Oh Malachi, I wish you had not answered that way.'

With that he blurred so suddenly to Malachi's side and back that no one really saw how it happened. When he was seated again, the twins looked at Malachi's shrieking face in horror. His ear was hanging by the thread of his skin and blood was dripping rather copiously to the floor.

'That's for turning a deaf ear to my plea. I begged you to be honest with me yet you refused. I hope you don't intend to turn another deaf ear because that will be gone too. Then I shall start with all your other senses; eyes, nose, tongue...and then your skin. Then I shall wait for it all to heal, then start again. And believe me when I say I can do this over and over and over until you the sun rises. I need not tell you how the sun shall be involved in this scenario now, do I Malachi?' Sebastian said calmly.

Malachi nodded gingerly as he pressed his throbbing ear to the side of his face and felt it knit itself back together painstakingly. He could not hold back his whimpers as a torn limb reattaching itself to its skin was excruciatingly painful.

'I'm sorry, my lord. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do it. I swear.'

Drake rolled his eyes and muttered to Damien, 'God, he's such a girl. He couldn't even take his torturing like a vamp and now he's blubbering. I can't believe we all thought he was the toughest of the lot.'

Sebastian shot a dark look to Drake and he buttoned up quickly.

'Go on, Malachi. I'm all ears.' Sebastian said and ignored the quickly stifled guffaws that came from the twins at the unintended pun.

'It's just that I got so angry that your queen could best me in a battle. And so effortlessly too. I decided to punish her.'

'By kidnapping? What was that to do? She would have killed you, and rightly too. What were you to gain?' Sebastian asked incredulously. Was all this just because of Malachi's battered ego? That did not make any sense.

'Oh no. I wasn't just going to kidnap her. I was going to do much more.' Malachi said and could not hide the glee that had crept into his voice unconsciously. 'I overheard you talking about the effect of her blood on you and I thought that selling it was going to make me richer than life itself.'

Sebastian stared at him in horror, 'Selling it? Her blood? How...' He swallowed as he heard Malachi complete his statement.

'We were going to drain her and sell her blood to the highest bidder.'

Sebastian just stared at him blankly as bile rose in his throat. He forced himself to swallow and push it all down. Malachi had planned to drain his beloved qu.... He wanted to stand up and crush his skull but he forced himself to remain seated. It would not do to kill him without getting the names of the people who were involved. And he had stupidly thought that it was because they did not approve of Annette as his queen. This meant that by un-announcing her as such, he had removed the last protection she might have even had.

Oh No!

'I see.' He said quietly trying to hide the turmoil broiling in his guts. 'And who was involved in this apart from you?'

Malachi mentioned a name and Sebastian looked down biting back an oath.

He could not believe it. Samen was right, it was one of his most beloved elders.

'And is it just the two of you?'

Malachi nodded fearfully. Was he still going to be tortured? He had answered everything they asked of him.

Sebastian nodded almost to himself. Then he stood up and walked towards Malachi, his expression stony.

Malachi shrunk back until he was pressed against the chair, 'I told you everything my lord. I did. Please don't hurt me.'

Sebastian replied, almost in a dream like state, 'You intended to drain my queen dry. My soulmate. And yet you call me your lord. How can I be your lord if you disrespect me so? How can I be your lord if you threaten my happiness, my joy, my QUEEN, so that you can be 'richer than life itself?' Have I not treated you well? Have I not shown you respect? You do not deserve to live, Malachi. You do not.'

Sebastian raised his hands to lay them on Malachi and Malachi blurted out manically, 'Since you intend to kill me anyway then you are too late. I was going to withhold this from you, but there is no point as you are still going to suffer.' He burst out laughing, almost in a deranged manner and Sebastian looked at him in confusion.

'You see, I knew that you were not going to let me go, 'my lord.' So I told him, I told him that if he did not hear from me before the sun rose that he should go ahead and take the girl. I knew that even if I told you all you wanted to hear that you would be too late to stop us. Kill me if you like, I have lived centuries on this earth. But your precious 'queen' who's lived some stupid decades is going to see her last sunrise today.' Malachi laughed louder and spat on the ground.

'I served you, yet you laughed. You all laughed as that abomination bested me. You spat on my honour. Well, guess what? Now I spit on yours.'

Malachi laughed continuously until Sebastian howled in anger and twisted Malachi's neck right off his head.

This, obviously, shut him up permanently.

'Hand me my phone.' Sebastian said staring at the head he was holding. Drake rushed to the table and picked up Sebastian's phone, almost throwing it at him in his haste.

Sebastian dialled Annette's number and it rang continuously before going straight to voicemail. He calmly cut the phone and rang it again. It seemed like he was having an out of body experience. This time the phone was picked up.

'Aah, I see you have figured out everything and well, what can I say, you were definitely quick. But not quick enough. Poor Malachi...and poor Annette, I might add. You see, your human may be strong enough when it comes to fighting, but the power of science will always prevail. Who knew that the amount of tranquilizer required to fell a herd of rhinos would be just about enough for your highly metabolised girlfriend? Good thing I always come prepared.'

Sebastian gritted his teeth as he heard the voice he had had by his side for over half a millennium.

'What do you want from me? Tell me, I will give anything. I will step down even. You can become Master.'

The voice chuckled softly, 'Why would I want to become Master? And have to settle squabbles, keep the peace, judge justly? No, that is most certainly not for me. This isn't because I hate you or anything. No. I feel nothing for you, quite frankly. This is simply business. Business that will make me richer than Croesus. You're too late my friend. And now I bid you adieu.'

'Wait, wait...Marcus!' Sebastian yelled as the phone was cut off.

He dialled the number again furiously but this time it went straight to voicemail.

He let out a loud cry and disappeared.