Silver Moon: Bk. 02 Ch. 13

Story Info
Final section for this book.
6.8k words
4.79
8k
11

Part 26 of the 29 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Even with his mate glaring down at him, Dan had an innocent expression on his face. "Why would I do something like that love? I know you hate rats even if Amarish likes them and thinks of them as large mice. I will be more than happy to look into this for you if you want." With every fiber of his being he was trying to come across as wanting to be helpful and caring. It was total bull crap since he figured it would give her something silly to work her stress out on.

Her eyes narrowed and different colors started flickering across them. "There is no way in hell I am going to let you talk to anyone about this. I know you Danilo Legarith. I know you would just have the rats relocated to a place where they could be hidden better. I will take care of this and Amarish can deal with the normal run of the mill mice." Her tails were still lashing in anger; that wasn't even mentioning the various colors of fox fire flickering over the various tails.

Dan suddenly held a hand up and his expression became more serious. Maric had just contacted him and informed him Nara was in labor. Dan brought Pam into the link when he replied. *I am pleased to hear that. Knowing you are her mate do you want me to come down just before she delivers?* Very few male wolves would be willing to have another wolf in the delivery room.

Maric had to think about it. *Alpha if you wouldn't mind waiting I would prefer it. I am sure Nara will understand as well.* He hated to ask that of Dan but he also knew his wolf would be very tense with Dan in the room. Nara would pick up on that and it would stress her out.

Pam was still feeling rather angry with Dan but when she sent to Maric her voice was relaxed. *We completely understand Maric. Dan and I will be waiting for the call to come to the room. We can wait till after she has delivered and cleaned up. We know they are Dan's and since you and Nara are remaining with the pack all will be well. I am going to ask Mari to come and sit with to help comfort Nara if that is okay.* Once she had sent she returned to glaring at her mate. Even as she was doing that she felt one of the babies move which made her smile.

Maric briefly closed his eyes. He knew Dan would never hurt Nara or the babies but Maric was dealing with his experiences with his old Alpha's. *Thank you Pamela and I think Nara would appreciate having Mari here during the delivery.* Once he was done talking to them he turned back to Nara. "Dan and Pam will be down after you have delivered. Pam is going to ask Mari to come and sit with us as well." He leaned forward and gave her a light kiss.

Even as Nara returned the kiss she did wish Dan could be there for the delivery but she understood why Maric preferred not to have him there. "That is nice of them and she really is comforting to be around." A contraction hit and she started to curl up to help.

~~~

Back where Dan was Xipil was trying very hard not to laugh at the exchange between the two. Instead he decided to separate the two before any balls of fox fire started being tossed around. The last thing they needed was these two accidently taking out part of the palace with an argument. "Lady Pam I hate to break this up but Dan and I were getting ready to meet with a not so drunken builder. He has plans for the palace grounds as well as the training grounds outside of town. I was informed the first representatives from Nippon will be here in just about two weeks. We need to get something, anything built to house them." He sounded very serious as he was speaking.

Pam glowered at him. "If I find you did this just to get this wretch away from me I will deal with you personally." She turned back to Dan. "We will talk later Danilo Legarith and when we do there won't be anyone to save your bacon." She turned and stormed out of the room. Once she was out she headed towards her office and closed the door. Once inside she almost collapsed in her chair as she tried very hard to muffle her shrieks of laughter. "Dan you are such a butthead but I know why you did that. I am going to get you back you know."

Her maid in waiting looked more than a bit concerned at Pam's howls of laughter. "Ma'am is everything okay? Is there anything I can do for you?" Yes she had seen Lady Pamela laugh before but this was almost scary how hard she was laughing.

It took Pam a good five minutes before she could talk. "Some water would be nice please. Everything is fine though my mate is going to be looking over his shoulder for a while." She took the glass of flavored water from the girl and slowly drank it down. "I need you to send for the senior females for the four packs. Also have Gettie come in and... The Tigeress Xipil added to his counsel. There are a number of subjects we need to discuss."

Her maid gave her a brief curtsy before quickly heading out to summon those requested. Now she was really curious as to what the Lord Alpha had done and it was going to drive her wolf nuts. She wasn't going to ask since that wasn't her place but darn it she wanted to know. First she found Gettie and informed her before going to look for her female Alpha. It took some time but eventually she had messages out for everyone requested.

~~~

Dan did spend the next week or so looking over his shoulder thanks to the threat from Pam. To be honest he was actually enjoying her snippiness around him. It made life interesting and he was sure she was doing it to annoy him as much as anything else. That and it most definitely made for some great make up sex. That hadn't been part of his plan but looking back it was a nice side effect. That first night she had gotten him back though he hadn't realized it at the time.

When he had woken the next morning and walked into the bathroom he glanced in the mirror. He had turned and been forced to stare at the image since he looked like a large fat bucktoothed rat. It was complete with beady eyes, ragged and dirty fur, pink ragged ears and seven long naked tails. Hammer was most definitely not amused with the change in their appearance. Frankly if Hammer had any say in it their mate might be sleeping alone for a while.

Dan tried to remove the illusion but none of his tails could do anything against it. Once he figured out she had done something to seal his powers from affecting the illusion he stomped out of the bathroom. "Pam damn it remove the illusion. I am not going to walk around looking like an oversized fat rat all day. Especially one who is fat and ragged looking. I am a very clean and attractive wolf." He was most definitely glowering at her when he was talking.

Pam returned the glare. "For that rat farm you deserve this. Deal with it you rat fink. If you are a good boy I will remove the illusion in the next month or two." She stood and walked to the bathroom. "I am taking a shower by myself. Deal with it."

Their current two assigned helpers traded looks and went back to what they were doing. Amarish was staring at Dan and it was obvious he was trying not to react. His little fingers were twitching slightly since his reaction to seeing mice or rats was to stick them with his sword.

Dan glowered at him. "Don't even think about it. Just don't!" He jerked on his clothes and stomped out of the room.

~~~

Over the last two weeks work in the Palace compound had been going 24/7 to get even some of the changes made. Once Nara had delivered Maric, Dan, and Nara had talked about her staying. All three were very concerned since Maric had been poisoned. Eventually it was decided she would go to Dan's clan house. There was still construction going on but enough of it had been built for there to be rooms for everyone. Most of the residential side was completed though it was unfurnished but that was an easy fix. They were going to have to stop construction up there soon anyways since winter was starting to close in even if it was still fairly nice where they were at the moment.

She had been sent up several days after she had delivered and Maric was pleased even though he was already missing her. Both he and Dan were missing the pups as well but they weren't going to take chances with them. Mari's pups were old enough that she had Geoff had decided to have them sent back to their clan house as well. Much of this was in reaction to several plots rooted out which were aimed at the 'interfering furriners'. Most wolves and even adult Kitsunes could handle most types of poisonings due to what they were. Newborn children couldn't.

Dan had even gathered his pack and asked if they wanted to consider sending some of the females and pups back to the pack house. After a long discussion his pack had decided not to. They could understand all the newborns going back and Angie had asked to have hers sent to Paulo and Sylvia. They were pack and with the pack house so empty she knew they would be safer on the Kitsune property. That had been easily agreed on by Alysson and Geoff. It was going to be hard not having their children there but which was worse? Missing them or potentially having them killed because you didn't want to miss them. Pretty much the option to miss them won hands down. When Pam delivered they would have to make that decision as well. They would cross that bridge down the road though.

~~~

As far as the Palace grounds they had converted several of the barracks to basic housing units for the moment. All Xipil and the other leaders could hope was they had enough started for the moment. Other than being told the representatives were coming from Nippon and a few other parts of Asia they didn't know how many. A fair number of the mansions of the former senior staff had been taken possession of and were being guarded and converted. They would be turned into a combination embassy and residence. As each corrupt official had been taken down their houses were scanned from top to bottom by several wolves, Kitsune warriors, and magisters.

This had most definitely caused a major ruckus in the senior ranks though Xipil had quashed that quickly. He had sent out an order for all nobles and senior officials in the city to report to the palace and he made it non-optional. If they didn't show troops would immediately be sent out to their businesses, houses, other properties and seize everything. Everyone knew some would run simply because there was no way to remove all corruption from the system. It didn't matter what system there was or who was running it there would be some. At the moment Xipil was settling for trying to root out as much of the evil corruption as possible.

He had decided to have a the trials held in the open training grounds in front of the Palace. Tents had been erected and there was plenty of flavored water available though no alcohol was present. As the people came in they were greeted by several wolves and Kitsunes. Any which smelled wrong were made note of to check out after this was done. The trials had been somewhat chaotic as the individuals were brought out. The charges were read, all evidence was displayed, and the punishment announced. When the first of the most corrupt went up in spiritual flames there was a mad dash for the gates by a fair portion of the crowd. The only thing which stopped them was Dan and his wolves standing there. Each and everyone had on armor and were carrying the scariest weapons possible. Suzy was playing with her Lochabar axe, Maric with a heavy spiked mace, Dan with his massive sword, and virtually any other type of hand held weapon available. The Kitsunes all had modern weapons at hand just for added hints of trying to leave would be bad.

Dan took a moment to speak. When he did his voice was loud but not a bellow. Magic was being used to ensure everyone could hear him. "Before anyone does anything stupid I just want to remind you what happened when the Emperor tried to detain me and my pack. The rumors of the blood bath are actually somewhat mellow. For some reason when people start talking about having a liver hit their face or intestines draped around their shoulders... Well I am sure you get the idea. Now go back and sit down or I will be forced to educate you in punishment by wolf."

This rat which showed up was not one of the ones being farmed for Pam's entertainment. Someone had dropped something they were eating and it came out of nowhere. It most definitely wasn't one of the one from the rodent far since it was dirty and filthy and scrawny. For some reason all who could see the rat stared at it before Pam screamed and her tail of rat doom came out. When the rat went whoosh and turned into a small pile of ashes all the ones running for the gate screamed and ran the other way. "I fucking hate rats damn it!"

Dan turned and looked at her. "That was not one of mine Pam, mine are much healthier. If it would help I can have Amariah come out and make a few of the more annoying people look like rats." His expression was very earnest as he spoke.

Pam turned and glared at him. "I will have her start with you. You might not turn into a pile of ashes but you would definitely be somewhat cooked when I was done." She was still rather ticked with the whole rat farm incident. When she had gone back to deal with the rats they and their cages were completely gone. All signs had been removed of their existence. Pam was pretty sure that somewhere they were still being farmed though where she hadn't been able to find out.

As Dan was trying to look put upon Xipil called the trial back to session. "Next time there is a run for the gate I will allow my wolves to explain in detail why disobeying my orders is a bad idea. Now for the next criminal..." The trial had taken most of the day and by the time it was done most of the nobles and senior officials had been cowed for the moment.

~~~

When the officials from Nippon had arrived thankfully they had been spaced out over several days. The first group to arrive was from the Red Kitsune clan in Nippon. Now that had been more than exciting since the moment they had walked into the throne room Xipil had looked up. His eyes glowed slightly and he ignored everyone as he stood and slowly walked over to the senior female Kitsune. He gently gathered her hands in his and smiled down at her. "How lovely thou are Milady. Would you do me the greatest honor I can ask of you and become my mate?"

She had lowered her eyes briefly before looking up at him. She had been told she would find her mate here but hadn't expected it to be the Clan Leader. Then again she had also known whoever her mate ended up being he would be senior since she was as well. "And how handsome you are as well Milord. With the clan spirit's approval I would gladly become your mate." Everyone nearby could feel the crackle and pop of their spirits meeting each other.

Rusty stepped out of a portal and smiled. "I approve and even if I didn't my future mate would..." A boot came out of the portal and nailed him in the back of his head with a loud thud. Rusty winced and rested a hand on both of their heads. "I give you my blessing on this union. Long has it been since the two disparate branches of my clan been separated. Lady Hinoko Hinoichizoku stand next to your future mate as does my future mate. Be not in his shadow but be at his side as he will be at yours. I am very proud of who Xipil is becoming and have very high hopes for him. Lord Xipil I command you to do the same. Walk not in front of her but at her side." He stepped back after picking the boot up and even managed to make it dignified looking as he vanished.

Dan and Pam glanced at each other and he leaned down and gave her a loving kiss. *How I love you Pamela. You are love and my life. You are my rock as well as my comfort. I thank the spirits daily for bringing you into my life.* He tucked her hand through his elbow when he stood back straight. Any remaining hurt from the loss of his former mate faded away though he would always miss her.

As Dan spoke as he took her hand and tucked it into his elbow she leaned against him and let her eyes roam around the room. Mari was leaning back against Geoff's chest. Jon had an arm around Alysson. Most of the other mated couples were looking much the same. Pam's eyes watered slightly since a sudden thought hit. This was what they were fighting for. It wasn't light against dark or good against evil. It was to give everyone a chance to find their mate, spouse, significant other, and live their lives. *I love you as well Danilo Legarith. You are the strength of the pack and of so many others. I know you have muttered about just wanting to be a good Alpha. You are but you are also so much more. You have struggled to overcome your loss and pain. You have kick started not just your pack but many packs. Even the Spirits have trust that you will be the rock the enemy will break on.*

~~~

By the end of the next two weeks the rest of the buildings in the Palace grounds had been completed though some work was left. Of the houses taken over by the Empire sufficient had been cleared to house the seven clans from Nippon as well as several other species. The final meeting to greet the last envoy from Nippon stunned the wolf packs. Dan and the representative wolves had been requested to be in the throne room for the last welcome.

When the woman walked in every wolf in the room froze. None of them had ever met an Asian lycan before and she was most definitely Asian and a lycan. Beyond that she was most definitely an Alpha as well. She was taller than a normal Asian but smaller than any of the wolves in the room. She was only a few inches taller than Mari but her power popped and crackled around her as she moved. There were a number of wolves with her but they obviously belonged to her.

Dan had never met an actual Asian wolf. Yes he had known Asians who were wolves but they were in America and had been turned. This woman was an actual Asian wolf. Before he realized it he slowly moved towards her and held his hands out. "Lady Alpha I am so very honored to meet you." When she raised her hands to his he lifted them to his nose and inhaled before placing a light kiss on them. "I want to introduce my mate Lady of the Clan's Pamela Legarith." He turned and drew Pam over and gave her a light kiss.

Lady Alpha Sumiko wasn't quite sure why he was holding his hands out to her but she did lift hers and rested them in his. When he raised them to his nose before kissing them she was more than startled. At a guess she assumed it was a method of greeting in this part of the world. "I am pleased to meet you as well and your mate." It took a slight moment to catch what he had said. "Did you say Lady of the Clans?" Her eyes turned to Pam's and widened.

Sumiko knew what a Lord or Lady of the Clan's meant and she hadn't been informed there was one here. She couldn't help but raise her chin out of respect for her. "I am more than honored myself to meet you Lady of the Clan's."

Pam blushed as the other lifted her chin. "Please don't Alpha Sumiko. I am just another Kitsune who the spirits have chosen to play with." She looked up at Dan and gave him a smile. "Then again I love my Lord of the Clan's as well. He won't say it but he is one also and such a wonderful person."

Dan was forced to lower his eyes for a moment. "Darn you Pam I wasn't going there." He raised his eyes. *Don't even think about raising your chin at me Alpha. When I said I was more than honored to meet an Asian wolf I meant it. Luna had to go back to the moon for a while but when she comes back I know she is going to want to meet you.* He released her hands and turned to Xipil and his mate. "Leader Xipil I would like to introduce you to Lady Alpha Sumiko. Unless it is a problem I would like to extend an invitation for her and her wolves to have a meal with us this evening. She needs to meet my wolves and your wolves."

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers
12