Silver Moon - Were-Bear Fan Fic

Story Info
A werebear encounters pack.
22.8k words
4.85
29.1k
60

Part 1 of the 29 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers

Fan-fic by Payenbrant and maxd01

Authors note: I have always enjoyed MaxD01's writing. He has an unusual mix of humor, analytical facts, and a penchant for violence/tenderness in equal measure. He has been derided by some and praised by others, and to add to the mix he made an interesting world that I have often wondered what it would be like to play in. Max has kindly allowed me to do so, and it is with great pleasure that I introduce a character that is near and dear to my heart. It is also a great privilege to allow this character to interact with two of Max's characters that also are very special to me.

So without further adieu, I present to you...Mr. Grover Solomon Brooks.

Co-Authors note: Much the same with Payenbrant I was introduced to his story by a mutual reader of ours. When I started reading his story I was very pleased at how well written it was. The characters were believable (for fantasy) and had faults and issues. Even though he posts on lit.com sex wasn't the driving force and more of a smoothly integrated part. His warped sense of humor is a very close match to mine and I snickered my way through his story.

When he approached me and indicated he wanted to do a fan fic I was actually stumped by that. It had never occurred to me that someone would want to do something like that. I was tickled as well as feeling rather honored. In any case this ended up as a work by both of us. As far as my characters I did a good portion of the dialogue for them. He did do some dialogue for the minor characters so you might noticed a slight difference. Enjoy.

Chapter1:

The sun that had been half way raised from behind the forest trees now crested the treetops as a naked tall man stretched in the sunlight. Everything about him was large, from his hard hands to his heavily calloused feet and a big belly around his middle. Picture Santa Claus 10 years after he graduated College, and he played football all the way through with an MVP trophy to put on his shelf in his garage workshop. That may give you some idea.

The big man scratched himself while yawning prodigiously, then bent to pick up his overalls. He paused, looking around at the ground.

"Now where did I leave my duds?" He muttered to himself, looking around for his absent apparel. He ticked off on one hand at he looked at his belongings.

"Backpack...check. Hat...check. Fryin' pan...check Tarp...check. Knife...knife...did I leave my knife in my...? Crap, left all the small things in my pockets! Where's my gol' dang overalls?"

Then he snapped his fingers and grinned. He had camped on the rise over looking the small pond in the clearing. Last night he had gone for a swim, very carefully I might add, but more on that later. He must have left his clothes down there! Well, time to go get them.

With surprising agility for a man of his size he took off running for the overhang about thirty feet away and with a great bellow leapt from the edge tucking his knees to his chest and wrapping his arms around them tight.

"CANONBAAAAAAALLLL!" He cheered before landing with a terrific splash into the water.

He untucked his legs and pushed off the bottom of the pond. When his head broke the surface he shook it hard sending water spraying from his beard and hair while chuckling loudly to himself.

"Best part of waking up is a pond, Folgers t'aint near as good as cold water to YOWCH!"

He yelped and clapped a hand to his buttock then another to his foot making him lose balance and tip over in the shallows where he was standing. His fall ripped whatever had hurt his foot away, but the pain in his buttock was still there. With a sharp pull and a growl he pulled out the offending object and brought it to his face for inspection.

It was a simple small fishhook, no bigger than the tip of his pinky finger. Useful only for catching a small fish like, blue gill or something similar to it. He noticed that there was fishing line still attached to the hook, and it was pulled taught...quivering even! His dark beady eyes followed the quivering line until he saw that there were a parcel of young 'uns grouped together, the youngest probably about five, the eldest being about thirteen or so. A little blond girl in an over sized T-shirt was holding a fishing rod whose hook had been embedded in his ass.

She looked terrified!

"Well darlin'..." the big man boomed in a rough voice. "...looks like you caught something! 'Fraid I'm too big to fry up, but while I'm here...anyone seen my clothes?"

The little girl screamed and dropped her pole and took off running while all the rest did the same. The big man watched with raised brows, and then scratched his now healed butt cheek and glanced around the area.

"Ah! There they are!" He said, finally spotting his clothes. He pulled on his overalls and casually buttoned one strap letting the other hang down his back. He started checking his pockets and frowned. Where was his knife? He sniffed around the brush and couldn't smell the tang of the metal...

He shrugged, could always get another knife...but the sun was up time to get walking. He packed up his camp, then as an after thought he went back and gathered up the fishing rods. One of them had fallen in the pond and it would be a chore for those kids to have to find it underwater.

Whistling softly to himself he began to head for the nearest town that he located on his map. He got the map, from of all things a crazy looking man fox. He kept calling himself a kitsu...or something. Maybe he had said a shitsu...no... it had the word knee at the end...well...

Bah! Who cares? Fox looking fellow with three tails, three! Never heard of such nonsense before in his life! Three tails. Good lord made it so we all needed one, heck, he didn't even have one! Just a little stub that came out when he changed in his other two forms. Three tails...ridiculous!

It had fascinated him though, asked permission to touch them, which the fox had warily given. Couldn't help it, had give them a quick braid! The fox had turned suddenly and the big man had smiled holding up the end to show his handiwork.

"Look at that! Pretty as a bacon sandwich and a pint after a hard day o'work! If we could color them red, white and blue you'd look down right patriotic!"

The fox fellow had flicked his tails away from the big man and had appeared to want to do something nasty when he took a closer look at his adversary. Whatever he seemed to see, it seemed to surprise him and make the fox grin.

"I am not sure what you mean by patriotic...or the red, white, and blue colors being so...but I would recommend not saying that to another kitsune who did not already have those colors in their fur." He said in a silky voice.

The big man had given a coughing laugh and patted the fox's shoulder with a hand the size of an Easter ham.

"No harm meant to ya'! Now, speaking of a bacon sandwich...ya'll hungry?" The fox had smiled, staring in pleased surprise at the big man. It kinda made him feel weird, like the fox was seeing something about him that was more than physical. Whatever the critter had seen seemed to make him relax, so much in fact he offered his hand and introduced himself. A Brad something or other from a silver clan of some sort. The big man shrugged and engulfed Brad's hand in his own. It was so tiny looked like a child's hand being shaken by a catcher's mitt!

"Please to meetcha Brad, can't rightly remember all that other stuff you were saying but at least I remembered your name huh? My name is Grover Solomon Brooks. But any man who will break bread with me...call me Grover!"

Two bacon sandwiches and a cup of good ol' fashioned cowboy coffee apiece Grover said his farewells to Brad and continued on his way with a new map of this land.

You see, Grover Solomon Brooks comes from a family of misfits. Sometimes magic pops up in the family, some times it skips a few generations. Grover had the gift of Were pressed upon him at birth, and not just any Were would do...oh no!

Grover is a Were Bear.

That's right! A werebear! He can change into a full animal shape, and a sort of man bear shape. He likes to call it his "Darwin's Grab Bag" form. Fortunately for him, being a bear was no problem and fit his personality well. He is the passive aggressive sort, curious about many things but not nosey. Wants to see whats around the next corner, or down river, or behind a locked door. His only real wants in life are for food, sleep, more food, and more sleep. Well, then sprinkle in a lot of fun followed by a healthy heaping of more sleep and maybe some more food!

So as he started to walk back from his camp to continue along his way he smelled the ground where the children were walking and got a surprise.

"Werewolves?" Grover muttered to himself. Hmmm....knowing werewolves, and he kinda did...mores the pity. He should be seeing them soon. Probably have half the pack down on his head soon with those cubs running scared from the hairy man in the pond. He tapped a thick finger against his lips thinking when all of a sudden a smell hit him that made his eyes light up...

Blackberries!

Grover almost floated over 150 feet to where a massive tangle of thorny brambles with dark green leaves and laden with the juicy fruit waited for him. With hungry eyes he dropped his clothes and laid out a corner of his tarp. Then with a soft growl he changed into his mid-form and a massive Grizzly. Twelve feet tall at the nose with thick fur and slouched powerful shoulders and arms stood there.

It was easy to reach in and start ripping the berries from the bushes. Half going into his gaping maw as he snuffled the succulent snacks. The other half he was loading onto the tarp to save for later. When you have thick fur and hide, the thorns barely even tickled him as he reached in for more handfuls of berries, and the thick pads on his paw-like hands were more than enough to stop those needlelike thorns from poking him.

When he started to feel his tummy begin to swell he looked down at the tarp and had to squint to focus his beady eyes. He had a large pile of berries and leaves waiting for later!

He wondered why he had to leave so soon...his stomach, so full of food was making it hard for him to think. Was it something to do with werewolves?

"Ah! I'll worry 'bout it later." He mumbled. Then with a grunt changed to his full animal form, and a nine foot long satisfied grizzly laid down with his head between his paws and his back legs spread wide to take a snooze.

~~~

Now you all might be wondering how it is that this strange turn of events had taken place. It really was just a confluence of chance and happenstance that caused our large furry friend to meet these particular cubs, as to how they happened to reach the pond at the time they did, this is how.

Since the day was a Saturday and the pups were free for the morning they decided to go and have some fun. Angie had told all of them some time ago if they hunted and captured something she would cook it for them for the next breakfast or lunch. Gianni sat up and stretched and contemplated the height marks on the wall and grinned. She was taller than when Danny took her measurements over a year ago.

"So what are we going to do today? I's want out of the house and maybe lay in the sun and relax." As she was talking she had rolled over on her tummy and propped her head on her hands. Sammy and Juan were in Nara's bed but they rolled over and waited for other suggestions.

Nancy walked in from the older girl's room. She had recently been moved over since she was now fourteen or so. She settled down next to Nara. She had sat up and after plumping a couple of pillows and settled her growing belly looked on with interest. Shannon came in as well.

Shannon looked around and with a slight grin wandered over to Sarah's bed and flopped down on it. She punched him in the shoulder before settling down next to him and using his shoulder as a head rest.

Since they all knew what was going on in this meeting of the pups Shannon tossed his first suggestion out. "Hunt for some rabbits or one of the pigs Dan imported and let loose to grow in the wild?" He didn't know it but when Dan had done that he was snickering. Back in Dan's world the EPA would have shit a brick. With a pack of wolves if they spread too much they would kill a bunch, bring them back, and preserve them.

Gianni huffed at him. "I want to do something that we can talk and laze around yet still catch something. I's don't know why but I feel's like I runned my butt off this week."

Sarah had to grump back at Gianni in commiseration. "Tell me about it. Lady Helda has been working my fingers off with the sewing. Mind you I have learned lots but still." She held a hand up and growled at it. It didn't hurt now but she had managed to stab it at least three times last night.

Juan snickered at her. "Buts you girl, yous supposed to do sewing." He knew that he was going to get in trouble for that. He did when Nara smacked him on the back of the head. He simply grinned. "Maybe some fishys? My's wolf wants some." It was rare but occasionally they would start wanting something different.

That got silence in the room for a few minutes before the chattering started and fairly quickly they decided to go for it. Nara spoke up. "Before all of you charge out of here what do you need to do first?"

All the kids sighed. "Yes Nara, clean the room, take the bedding and laundry to the hampers." Shannon sighed since he had been hoping to sneak out of that deal. "I will take care of it if you want to go and find your mate and do mate things."

She smiled at him. "Good boy and I will bring you a nice juicy bone later." With that she carefully slid off the bed and walked out of the room.

Once the Saturday chores were done they checked in with Angie to let her know where they were going. The pond wasn't all that far from the house, maybe a half mile so, Shannon could escort them. Any further than that and they would have to talk to either Maric or Dan.

Once they left the house they grabbed the rods from a storage area on the back porch and headed out. Getting to the pond didn't take very long and they were having too much fun giggling and laughing. The day was cooler since it was getting towards mid autumn but the sun was shining and the sky was just lightly clouded.

After they reached the pond Gianni perched on one of the two small overhangs on the edge. They took a few minutes to hook the line and bait the hook before casting, all but Shannon, since he was on watch.

Gianni had noticed a pair of old, worn overalls by the shore, kicked off under a bush, but to her mind she didn't really care. She was now thinking about how yummy a fresh fish would be.

They had been fishing for about 5 minutes or so when some huge guy came out of nowhere and with a loud yell cannon balled into the water! Shannon's hair almost stood on end due to the size of the man and traces of scent indicating he was a were of some sort. What bothered him in a way was that most were's avoided deep water because they tended to sink due to the density of their bones and muscle.

They were still in shock when the man came up and ended up hooked on at least one line. Shannon didn't bother listening to the man. Instead he turned to the youngsters.*Go. Tell Dan and I will follow after I contact him.*When he turned back around there was a decent sized knife in his hand. Dan would have called it a bowie knife back in his world. Being the smart young man he was he dropped low into some bushes and carefully watched the large man wade out of the pond.

Shannon took several more moments to evaluate the man.*Dan we have an intruder at the pond.*He briefly described the man before he turned and vanished further into the bushes behind him. He didn't actually go very far since he knew of a good place to keep an eye on him.*I will tell you if he decides to head towards the manor. If he doesn't I will simply leave.*

Chapter 2:

We have heard about the children, but what about the adults? While the young ones have been terrified half to death...what have they been up to? How will they react to a stranger on their lands?

~~~

Amaratsue stalked into his mates work room. He was showing amusement, annoyance, and a bit of pain. "Hey love, sorry about just barging in but I have a wee favor to ask of you."

She had felt him coming but had ignored his entrance till he actually spoke. Currently she was researching some of the permutations of Dan's being pulled over. They still hadn't found any trace of who might have done that. She had managed to trace everything down to his entrance point without finding any sort of signature. From that point she was making copious notes on each decision he made when it registered in the spirit realm. She was doing her best to identify the impact on who was around him.

When her mate actually spoke she looked up and twitched an ear and raised an eyebrow. "So what is this wee little favor you would like?" Now she was curious and she knew he had been in the human realm till just a short time ago.

He grimaced when he spoke. "Well I had to gently point someone in Dan's direction. He had never seen multiple tails before and asked to see them..." Amaratsue placed a hand over his eyes since he knew she was going to laugh. "Well anyways I was passing as a three tail and he braided the damn things together. I don't know what he did but I can't seem to unbraid them." He turned sideways and showed her. "They are starting to ache."

Aka No Haha listened to what he had to say and both eyebrows shot up and her ears stood up in shock. "Who the hell was this? I will surely help my mate out of this predicament. So did you forward him to Dan as a type of punishment?" She saved her work and stood up and walked over to him. "I will try not to let it hurt too much. If the pain gets too bad let me know and I will change tactics."

He was still standing there with his forehead resting in one hand. The elbow of that hand was supported by his other hand. "No idea. I just got a parchment to take care of it. As for who or what he was, I have never seen his type before." The Kitsune Lord grimaced and rubbed his forehead then indicated his tails again.

"Just do it love. I don't give a damn what... Well I don't give a damn within certain limits so do what is needed short of removing the tails." It was hard but he managed to stop his tails from flicking in annoyance.

She gently ran her fingers over the tails and frowned. They weren't stuck together till the very end. Aka didn't sense any sort of magic or anything so she looked closer and found something binding the tips together. After some poking and prodding she decided it was of no danger to anyone. It took her some time but she figured out how to remove it.

Once she did she tucked the round stretchy thing in a pocket to check out later. Carefully and gently she untwisted his tails and could feel him relaxing. "Better?" She asked as she was gently massaging the poor tails from the base out.

When she finally unbraided the tails he felt a ripple of relaxation flow down his body. Well till she started massaging the tails. It felt good but she kept 'accidently' touching the tail root and he was starting to get seriously aroused. "Woman you are going to pay for that." His voice was low and almost demanding.

She laughed at him. "I might make you catch me first big boy." Aka kept massaging and kneading his tails till she was pretty sure she had worked all the kinks and stiffness out. The moment she was done she changed forms and dashed out the door and ran.

Amaratsue took a moment to contact Amariah.*Hun, when the large scary man shows up do something not permanent to him.*He shifted and now that she had a good head start they could play. He dashed out of the room and caught her scent and started the chase.

maxd01
maxd01
656 Followers