Simply His Ch. 01-03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No, there is no room for denial. We will win her over. She is ours.

Chapter 3

"Questions..."

*Meadow*

I don't remember when exactly I fell asleep, I just remember him holding me close in silence while I fighted my dizziness and his closeness. Oh I was really losing my mind, how could I be so lost in this stranger's presence?. I needed to know more about him, or at least try to find out who he is besides a mysterious knight. My mysterious knight.

I sat on the queen sized bed and felt a strong shock of pain that almost blinded me. Ah yes, this was something I was familiar with. I was having a migraine and I had to find my medicine. Problem was, I left it at home.

A gentle knock on the door brought my attention, I had my eyes squeezed so I was only able to see half ways as the pain subsided a few moments, a new sting will strike soon.

"Meadow? are you awake?" I heard his dark voice while he opened the door. I didn't want him to see me like this, but he was inside already before I could reply. "What is wrong? are you ok?" He had a plate with him and quickly pushed it on a coffee table before he rushed next to me. He lifted his arm and took a hold on my wrist; apparently at some point I lifted my hands and was squeezing my head with them.

"Hi Caleb... it's a migraine... I have them from time to time, but my medicine is back at home." I whimpered as the thunder-like sting pierced my skull. He pulled the phone on the bed-side table and ordered "Get some migraine pain killers, any. Call the nurse. Now!" The way his voice echoed in my head gave me a strange mix of sensations; it made me listen, it drew me in, and it made my head hurt more. I winced and he sat closer to me, rubbing his fingers on my temple. "I am sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice."

I shook my head and smiled vaguely. "I am giving the worst first impressions, aren't I." I stated, truly disappointed in myself. He held me tight by my shoulders and shook me slightly. I raised my eyes and found his tired and worried. "Don't say that, you are far from a dissapointment. Here, lay down, the nurse should be here soon."

I smiled as I closed my eyes and felt his hand gently taking mine, holding it. Oh gosh what was he doing? Was he real? It felt like my body would combust any moment just by the way he touched me. There was a knock on the door and he whispered a welcome. I opened my eyes and saw an old woman standing close to us.

"Do you know if she is allergic to any kind of medication, Alpha?"

"I have no idea, can't you give her something to relieve the pain?"

"I can try, but it is a risk if we don't know her body reactions. Let me..."

"I am not allergic to anything as far as I am aware..." I interrupted her, I wanted something now, and her arguments only kept prolonging any soon relief.

"You heard her." He encouraged the woman to do her job. She put her suitcase on the chair next to the bedside table and opened it. After a few seconds, she pulled a syringe and a liquid on a small glass bottle. She efficiently took a small piece of cotton from a jar and I could smell the alcohol. She kneeled next to me and rubbed the cotton on my arm, next I knew she slid the needle into my system and then removed it just as fast. She got up and stood there watching. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I felt the pain give in slowly, but even its slow pace was faster than any medicine I had ever tried. I opened my eyes again and the nurse was nowhere to be seen, I tilted my head and looked around but she was gone. There was only him.

"How do you feel?" He whispered as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.

"What did she gave me? I feel much better now, it is amazing!" I was really surprised, he smirked and laid back his head to release a short laugh. "She has magic hands, is what I keep telling myself." He said with the most amused look on his face. I blushed and smiled at him. "Thank you again Caleb, you keep saving me one way or another."

He gave into a softer smile and finally released my hand. I, of course, didn't want him to let go. He walked to the coffee table and picked up his place, then brought it to me. He sat on the end of the bed and laid himself against the back post. He lifted both hands and locked them together at the back of his head taking a relaxed stance. His muscles were toned and perfect. He had a brown shirt and dark grey sweatpants.

"I thought you might be hungry since you refused to eat last night." His words brought my attention back to his eyes. Only then I looked at the plate on my lap and saw a neatly cut sandwich with a glass of juice. My tummy growled, I was starving. "Thank you, I guess I am hungry."

He chuckled and waited for me to take a few bites, I was really nervous to have him watching me eat, but my hunger won. After a few more bites, he cleared his throat. "Do you mind if I let my curiosity speak for me?"

I almost choked and took a long sip of the delicious juice before I got the courage to look at him again. I said this because I could get lost in those pools of darkness he so beautifully bears. I nodded slowly; I already knew he would ask me what was I doing at the cemetery falling asleep with a bottle of wine.

"What do you work for a living?" He asked with a smirk.

I was really not expecting such a simple question, it caught me off guard. I relaxed and smiled. "I work in a law firm, but in the human resources department."

He flashed a smile and made me blush again. "Ah human resources, my kind of people, I also deal with... human resources." He finished chuckling, I think there was a joke in there but I just wasnt aware of it. I hope I get a chance to find out. "So, Meadow... why that name?" He continued.

"My mother grew up on the country, not the city. She was a lover of nature and so am I... She always told me she had this beautiful meadow where she met my dad, and it was the place where she fell in love. So Meadow it is..." I smiled watching him nod, he actually seemed interested in what I was saying. To be honest, I am quite surprised and curious about him, but I am not sure he is going to allow me to ask back. Maybe I should just ask him.

"I really like it, your mother sounds like a wonderful person." He said, interrupting my thoughts. I nodded. "She was."

"I am sorry, was it her you were visiting yesterday?" He got it right. I nodded again. He stop smiling but nodded in return. "I am sorry, I really am. I hope I didn't bring bad memories."

"I still miss her, it has been almost a year now. But no, never bad memories with her." I smiled with pure honesty. Mom was the kind of person who would bring out a smile out of you even on stormy days. She had the gift of joy, and she shared it with everyone. Which reminded me he was at the cemetery too. I am taking chances and hope for the best. "And you? Who were you visiting yesterday?"

He sighed and slid his fingers thru his silky brown hair, he looked at me then lowered his gaze. Oh god I hope I didn't hit a nerve.

"I was paying my respects. The son of a close friend passed away and we were there to give our last goodbyes to him. His name was Peyton." He said as he looked down and I noticed he had his hand into a fist. I swallowed hard and said the first thing it came to my mind. "My most sincere sympathies, Caleb. I didn't want to bring bad thoughts about it." Yes, I screwed up big time. This obviously affected him. He shook his head and a small smile came from the corner of his eyes. I took a deep breath honestly relieved. "Do you want to talk about it?" Oh no, I did not just said that! I mean, I thought about it but I can't believe I voiced it out. "I am sorry. I don't know what was I thinking... I..."

"Meadow..." He said as he looked at me with the most warm smile. "Thank you, for being yourself. In my world, that is not easy to find. Maybe some other day I can talk to you about it." The possibilities of his words, the idea of seen each other more brought goosebumps in me.

"I would like that." I said, making sure this time I didn't let any other thought slip away.

"So, do you feel better? enough to maybe go out on a walk? I've prepared lunch in the open, the weather is perfect. The rain did the earth some good." I was biting my lips when he finished, I didn't want to rush in to say yes too fast. I took a deep breath and nodded. "I feel better, yes, thank you. Your magic nurse did an amazing job."

He chuckled and got up, walking towards the chair closest to the door. Only then I noticed there was a paper bag in its place. "I figured you might want a change of clothes, so I took the liberty to bring you some. I will wait for you in the room next door, which is my study." He opened the door and left quietly. I was still surprised by this attentions.

It must have been a minute or two before I realized he was waiting for me, I jumped out of the bed and grabbed the clothes he got for me, mouth open to their brands. A simple brown dress, and a nude lace lingerie that left me blushing too deeply. Did he really picked up this for me? I walked with both of them and tried one of the doors in the room; it was a walking closet bigger than my living room, filled with nothing but suits. I closed the door and went for the one closest to the windows, and this room was definitely the bathroom. Its size was equal to the one of the bedroom. So he is rich besides handsome and a hero. Only then I decided to look through the window as I was taking off my clothes. The view showed me we were not in the city anymore; we were probably on the outside with the trees and flowers scattered around. I don't know why but I wasn't really afraid. I felt as if something deep inside me told me I was safe.

I took my time in the shower, it felt so good. After pampering myself with the products in there, I felt like someone new. Once I put the new clothes he picked for me I looked at myself in the wall size mirror and couldn't believe how things took a different turn in the last 24 hours. I went to visit my mother at the cemetery and tiredness won over me. I wake up in a different place and in the presence of an amazing mystery man who provokes the most primal instincts in me. And now, he not only provided me with new clothes, he was inviting me for a day out. This was becoming scaringly intense and I was only afraid of missing it.

12