Simply His Ch. 04-06

Story Info
Going back to Normal, Feeling the Fever, Feeling the Pull.
6.6k words
4.67
21.9k
24

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/02/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers

Hi everyone!

I am very happy with the acceptance of this story. I am submitting this the same day I see the first 3 chapters up on Lit so we just wait for them to put the next ones up. So happy they aren't taking more than two days or so!

Thanks for the comments about the grammar, I am really trying hard to get better on it. You will see me evolving on the next chapters as well.

That being said, here are the next 3 chapters! I hope you enjoy and please comment if you like the story and what do you think of the characters, you have no idea how much that means for a writer, it helps us know how our story and creation over all is being taken, sometimes we try to give you an idea and you get something different, so all that is being shaped thanks to your comments!

*****

Chapter 4

"Going back to normal"

*Meadow*

So here I am, loving this simple and comfortable dress, a sexy lingerie that made me feel hot and bothered inside, and about to knock on the door of his study when I hear a loud thump and something made of glass being broken. I knock on the door and open it before I get an answer. "Caleb? are you ok?"

I see him crushing a phone with his hand while a vase lays broken in pieces at the floor. He turns around to face me and I see anger in his gaze that slowly turns into sadness. What was troubling him I didn't know; but I wanted to erase the sadness from his eyes. "Meadow..." He whispered and I saw small drops of blood coming from his tight grip on the now broken phone. I rushed to him and took his hand, trying to make him release its tight grip. At first he looked at me in shock, his dark eyes distracting me for a second but then I looked around and saw an open door that led to a bathroom. I pulled him with me and he followed me in silence. Once we reached the sink, I turned the water on and pulled his hand under it. He winced and his eyes shot to his hand; finally realizing what was happening, he started to let go and I could pull the wrecked phone out of him. I made sure to pour enough water on his hand before turning it off, and then I pulled a hand towel to gently dry his cuts. "You are lucky, they are only small clean cuts... you should try to control your temper a bit more." I managed to said, a bit angry at him for being so reckless. He was silent for a long time while I was finishing drying his injured hand and wrapping a clean towel around it, making it look as if it was almost a boxer globe. I resisted the urge to chuckle. When I looked up at him I thought I saw a faint of green glow in his eyes, he was staring at me almost with disbelief. "You... you didn't have to do this..." He whispered again and I felt goosebumps.

A phone back in his study broke the spell that had us captured. And though I was sad to see him excuse himself to go pick it up, I think I am confident enough to believe he feels this weird, strange connection between us, too.

I walked out of the bathroom and looked around his study as he kept talking on the phone at his desk. I surely hope he doesn't break this one as well. To see the place where I first met him under a new light was very revealing; I could see the walls of books he had almost all around, no paintings, and a huge fireplace with that dreamy couch in front of it. His desk was next to the window, the chair facing the light. I was caught by the raw but warm vibe everything gave. The wooden floor was neatly polished, the huge center rug had egyptian patterns and drawings.

"I will postpone it as much as I can, will be at least a few more days." I finally caught part of his conversation, not really giving it much interest. I looked at him and he was staring back at me, he smiled and I blushed. I sat on the comfortable couch and sighed, feeling like snuggling something and everything. This couch definitely was wicked, it made me feel things I wanted to do to him. I started to pull my dress down and looking at any possible wrinkles it might had before I noticed he was standing next to me. I looked up and bite my lower lip.

"Hmm... where were we? Ah lunch. Shall we?" He said extending his healthy hand for me to take. I actually hesitated, I had just sat in here and was so comfortable. But his smile won me over, I took his hand and he pulled me gently, making me stand effortlessly. "Don't you want to call your magic nurse to check on your hand first?" I asked worried. He shook his head and removed his loose tie, taking off the towel and wrapping the tie around it. "I will be fine, trust me?" I chuckled.

He led me through a corridor and then a main stair that took us to the front of the house. It was a very big residence, with at least two floors on its grounds. He opened the door and made a gesture for me to walk out first. I almost giggled, he was being such a gentleman, my mother would have been drooling over him.

I could finally admire close hand the beautiful settings. The gardens were untamed, slightly cut here and there just to make it less wild but I could see how most of it was untouched. He led me through a path of rocks and dirt and we finally arrived a clear between the trees and saw a blanket, several plates with fruits and salty treats next to my wine. I gasped and looked at him, he had a huge grin on his face. "I hope you don't mind." I was blushing and smiling from ear to ear.

We both sat on the blanket and enjoyed a truly pleasant evening. We talked about silly things, the weather, how tall should the grass be allowed to grow before it becomes a problem, etc. He took a sip of my wine and really enjoyed it, enough to have some for himself. I wasn't sure if he was pretending to like it just for me until he fought me for the bottle and took the last of it. I pretended to pout but I was laughing too hard hard.

"I promise you next time I will have one for you and one for me. If you let me enjoy your company a second time, that is." He said once we both calmed down. I smiled and held silent for a few seconds before I nodded slowly. "I would really like that, Caleb."

He sighed and I saw that sad smile back on him again; something inside me told me he was about to say something I might not like.

"I have some business to attend to unfortunately, and I can't leave them for tomorrow. The people I need to meet with are flying to another country in a few hours. Your car is on my garage, you can leave anytime you want... or stay as long as you wish. I will be back tonight. Maybe dinner together?" He finished with a little hope. I smiled but shook my head, focusing my eyes on my entwined fingers at my lap. "I really appreciate it Caleb, but I should go. I have things to get ready for work tomorrow. You had been the best distraction I could have this weekend, though."

This was my sign, I needed to go before I regretted it, as a huge part of me wanted to stay. He nodded at me and sighed, sliding a hand thru his hair as if he was thinking. "Perhaps dinner tomorrow then? or going out during the weekdays is not allowed?" He said with new found hope in his eyes. I really wanted to, but mondays were the worst, meetings and consultations on the department were a must. "Please believe me I want to. But my mondays, every single one of them, are filled with too much work to do and late hours with meetings."

"I understand. I hope you do not take offence by my invitations, I would hate to seem like I am pushing you." He said with half a smile.

"Don't be sorry, I... I want to get to know you more. Maybe lunch on tuesday?" My hope high. He sighed again and I felt his sadness creep into me. "I must travel tuesday, so I guess for now, this will be all I can enjoy of your presence."

I felt a knot in my throat, as if I was saying goodbye for ever. I fighted a tear and he smiled at me. "Well, let's start by exchanging numbers, how about that?" He offered a simple solution. I want more but a number was going to be my only chance. I really want to get to know him more.

"I think that is a great idea. When are you coming back from your trip?"

"I have to be honest, I am not from around here. I only came here for the burial of my friend's son. But I think I found a good reason to come here more often."

Was he being real? "I thought we were at your house." I managed to ask, not hiding my surprise.

"It is now, I bought it before you woke up this morning." He said while I was holding my mouth open. There must be other reasons why he bought this house, since probably costed a small fortune. It will never be just for a silly girl like me. I looked around, feeling nervous. "It is a good acquisition; congratulations."

He chuckled and nodded. "Thank you, I think it was a good investment. I can recognize something worth it when I have it in front of me."

*Caleb*

She is suspecting but not believing I got this place just to be close to her. I couldn't pass the chance, the owners had been trying to sell it for years, they gave me a good price for the land. I don't know how I will survive the next couple of days without seen her. I need to leave her guarded. Perhaps Alexei can have some easy job while looking after her in my absence.

My wolf was pacing wanting me to do more than this, but I might scare her if I do. The mating pul is a painful torture for us, we are entitled to claim her, but she is human, and we need to court her. She deserves it, my wolf agrees with a huff and lays in all fours looking at me with annoyance. He knows I am right. Conviving with your beast is not easy.

I walked her to the guest room so she could gather her stuff. On the way she was silent and pensive. I am dying to know what she is thinking, what is she feeling. Once we got to the garage she gasped at my cars, I chuckled. I am a proud collector, and I bought two Mustangs that I needed earlier in the trip. If she saw my entire collection, she might fly away scared. Money tends to do two things on woman, either draw them like flies or scared them away.

What a bittersweet moment when we said goodbye. I held her in a hug, my body trembling to do more, my lips almost shaking as I kissed her cheek. Her smell was driving us crazy and my wolf was about to take over. She seemed more confident though, and she left in her car with half a smile but without looking back. I wonder if I did something wrong, if I could have done something else or something different.

When I got back inside, Alexei was waiting for me in my study.

"I hope she didn't cut you..."

"No, I was on my cellphone and cut myself with it while I crushed it. She played nurse."

He chuckled slightly. I was very happy to hear him talk again.

"So she is the one?"

"Without a doubt... I am already about to lose my mind for letting her leave." He raised his eyes at me and shook his head. "I remember how it was, tho my mate was wolf, made things easier."

"After all these years Alex... " I sighed and sat on my desk. He held silence for a while.

"The Goddess never forgets someone... you just had to look harder maybe."

I stared back at him. He never lost hope on me, even tho I gave up long time ago. "I owe you too much, brother."

"You owe me just one thing... revenge. Anything else, is part of job." He said to me as he got up, ready to leave. "I guess you will make me stay and keep an eye on her, right?"

"You guessed correctly. You might need a few days off, this shouldn't be a hard task."

"It's ok, I will do it. Will give me time to find some peace of mind. Will get you her info in the morning."

"Alex... You need to talk to Cara, she is devastated." I said with all seriousness.

He sighed and closed his eyes. "I know, I will."

--***--

Chapter 5

"Feeling the Fever"

*Meadow*

Monday came too quickly. I am still trying to wake up while I drink my 3rd cup of coffee at the boss's office and I am doing my best to ignore Gideon in the staff meeting. He has been arguing how people have slow down their production and we are not meeting our standards. I just wanted to tell him people would actually work better without seen his face staring at him constantly. I could not say that, though, it would be too bold of me after friday's argument. Instead, I decided to think in a pair of black eyes and that thought made me blush instantly. I was thinking on our lunch yesterday, how we both were just free and relaxed. I never felt him tense or as if he was hiding something from me, he was just open and fun. Except that moment when I caught him at his study wrecking his cellphone, he had been a gentleman with me. I could still smell his earthy perfume after we hug each other when we said goodbye. I almost forgot to give him my number but he made sure I would remember. He recorded his on my phone before handing it to me with a kiss on my forehead.

"So what's so funny Delane?" Gideon's question brought me back to the meeting. Crap! I was smiling from ear to ear and everyone was looking at me. He was really upset.

"I am sorry, Gideon." I cleared my throat and sat straight, pulling a few papers out from my folder. Here goes nothing! "I am not thinking it is funny, far from that, I think you are completely right." He was in shock, I could see him ready to shoot something back at me but I caught him out guard. I kept going. "I think our people have slowed down their production and Gideon has been quite accurate on his view of the situation. This is why I had made this strategy plan to offer some new incentives to our most valuable employees, and we all know that if we encourage the key players, we will have a huge increase in the overall performance of the production staff." I concluded. I wasn't sure at first, but I had this ace under my sleeve. I had been working on it for last two weeks, and he just gave me the perfect opportunity to bring it up to everyone.

Oh he wasn't happy at all, but my boss encouraged me to continue and so I did. When we finished, my boss approved me going forward with elaborating my strategy, and present it again to him on last staff meeting friday morning. I was really excited, this was my big chance to show how much I like what I do and that I want to help the company with my knowledge. I sat at my desk and after a few minutes I felt my phone buzz. I rushed to take it out of my pocket and saw it was from him. I took a deep breath before reading it.

*Caleb- Good evening Meadow, I wasn't sure what time you woke up, and I didn't want to interrupt your work, so I thought I would wait for lunchtime to say hi. How is your day going?

I gasped, looking at my phone's clock it was already past noon. I was too excited I forgot what time it was. I started to get my things to go out and quickly replied.

*Meadow- Good evening Caleb! you can't imagine how well timed your message came! I actually forgot to go get lunch, imagine that! you are saving me again :).

I chuckled and felt the phone buzz again, I didn't look at it right away so I took the elevator down to the lobby. We have a security staff that makes everyone who enters and leave go through this scan to make sure no one is armed. I always thought it was silly to do it on the way out; if they did their job well, no one would get in with a weapon, so why check on their way out? They would never listen to my point anyway.

I was on the short line of 4 people to get scanned and leave when I felt my heart beat faster; I wasn't sure why, probably the excitement again of the presentation earlier today. Two more people to go then I was going to be out in time to at least get a sandwich from the store at the corner. When there was only one person left, my eyes caught a dark coated gentleman of familiar figure outside at the entrance. My heart pounded faster, it was him lying against the door of one of his expensive cars. I blushed immediately as I caught his eyes looking back at me, his smile was disarming.

I walked out still a little shaken by the surprise, and he chuckled with his phone on the hand. "You didn't get my last message?" He said as he leaned to kiss my cheek. I know he noticed how red my cheeks were.

"I am sorry! I rushed to get out as soon as I could and was going to check once I left..." I said almost breathlessly. He chuckled and extended his arm. "Can I make you company to lunch then? even if it is only for a few minutes." I nodded and took his arm. "Where to?" he said, looking around lost. I chuckled. "Well, since I don't have much time, I was thinking to get a sandwich in a store, right at that corner." I pointed out where and he walked towards there with me.

"This morning I realized we both didnt thought about lunch today, we just went straight to dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow. So why lose time now?" We both laughed and I went to for a line to get the sandwich and he grabbed us a table. I was smiling from ear to ear again, he had that effect on me. I got to the cashier, ordered my sandwich and two juices, then paid. As I got back, I noticed he had changed his smile for a more neutral look; he was staring at the window until I sat down and he looked back at me, a small smile reached only his mouth, not his eyes.

"What is wrong?" I asked as I gave him the juice he allowed me to get him. He looked at me and shook his head. "Nothing to worry, Meadow. And thank you for the juice, you didn't have to." He made me chuckle. "Of course I had to, you did much more for me with a fancy lunch out in the open." He laughed, and I could stare at him like this for hours.

"So, I think you have a fan. Well, one more besides me that is." He said just casually, and I almost choked on my drink. "What?" I managed to finally say. Did he just admitted to like me? I don't think I can eat anymore after just hearing this. He shook his head and pointed at my food. "You need to eat Meadow."

"I am sorry, I think I misheard you." I said when I grabbed the sandwich, not really intending to eat it.

"Well, I have a body guard that follows me around, and he told me there was this guy, blue suit and blonde hair, who was waiting for you in the corner of your work, and he was about to rush to you until you walked with me. He stopped and waited, and then followed us over here. He was looking at both of us enter then went back to your building. You know who I am talking about?" He said and I was still processing his words but I nodded. Did Gideon wanted to confront me?

I sighed. "I just lost my appetite." I laid against the chair and looked down at my sandwich before dropping it back on the plate. "Meadow?" he asked and I looked back at him. "Who is him? is he bringing you troubles?" I was putting together my thoughts when I felt his hand take mine. "I meant it, what I said a few moments ago. I like you, and I feel that there is a small chance you might like me back. That is why I took the risk to come here uninvited. I wanted to see you again before my trip. Was I wrong?"

I shook my head and bite my lip. He took a deep breath and sighed as if it was in relief. "Good, that means I worry about you too. So please share with me."

I nodded and looked back at the window. "His name is Gideon, and he has been the cause of all my stress at work. We both work in the same department, but he is always pushing me. He sometimes asks me to stay over extra hours; he is entitled to as he is my supervisor. But then he stays with me too sometimes and always has an excuse for me to go over my reports for ever and ever, they are just never good enough." I sighed and shook my head, then felt a gentle squeeze from his hand to mine and I felt warmth take over me. I smiled at him as I saw his face full of encouragement. "Last friday he asked me to come work on saturday, and I refused. I have this routine each two weeks to go visit my mom... well maybe I overreacted, maybe I could have come and visit my mother on sunday. He just insisted and I got defensive, we started arguing really loud, until our boss came to break us and sent me home. Then today, I was... distracted at the meeting, and he called me out right in front of everyone! I was lucky I was prepared with some strategy plans I had been working on and was able to turn things around, which made him angry. So I guess you rescued me again without even planning to." I chuckled the irony and shook my head. He released my hand and I instantly looked up at him.

CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers
12