Simply His Ch. 13-15

Story Info
The Way of the Wolf, Conquest, Personal Struggle.
6.5k words
4.74
16.7k
30

Part 5 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/02/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your constant support, your votes and comments. I am so happy that you people enjoy the story I have created. I know it isn't easy to wait days for the next chapters but, well, Lit has its process of submission :P

That being said, bittersweet news! Possible cliffhanger at the end of chapter 15, but trust me, chapters 16, 17 and 18th will make it well worth it!

Again, big thanks to my editor @Richard who has helped me so much already. Thanks to him my stories take better shape and make more sense!

Now on to the next chapters!

Enjoy :)

*****

Chapter 13

"The way of the Wolf"

*Meadow*

My boss looks at me with curiosity as we both enter his office and he gestures us to take a seat. "Well, Miss Cara Gasklow, you wanted an urgent meeting with us. May I know the nature of this urgency?" He started as soon as we took a seat, a small look of annoyance flashed on him as he wasn't very happy to be requested for an audience with such short notice. I looked at Cara and she seemed in full confidence.

"Sir Carter" she started, and he almost broke his pencil as he tightened his fist, Cara was defiant as she called him by his first name. "My name is Cara, and I am head of the tech tracking and surveillance department of Rowen International Security and Associates, have you heard of us?" She asked already knowing the answer. There was no one in the high ranks of any company or business who wasn't aware where the best technological options on security were from. Caleb's company was legendary. My boss nodded and changed posture immediately; Cara knew well how to deal with this.

"Glad you do." She continued. "I have in my possession a tape of one of your employees attempting against the life of Miss Meadow Delane, here with me, on friday afternoon. This situation also involved your daughter."

"My daughter? Do you mean the loose animals at the Zoo? I thought that was an accident." He said with all seriousness. Cara remained calm as she shook her head and pulled the disc with the video recording of the incident. "The subject's name is Gideon McIntire."

"Gideon did what?!" Rage in his eyes.

"I was ordered to deliver this tape. I am taking a copy next to the police station to follow normal procedure." She finished but remained quiet and still.

My boss looked at her and the tape, anger flashing in his eyes. "Who ordered this? how did you get this tape? I am missing part of the information."

"Glad you brought the subject, Sir. There were orders from my boss, I answer to Mister Rowen directly."

"You thank him for me." He said tapping his pen at the desk.

"Please make sure to take proper arrangements for security from now on. To ensure the wellbeing of Meadow Delane mostly, since your daughter should be on her way back to her city."

"How did you... Nevermind, I guess you guys eat this kind of information at breakfast. I will have security run him over after I fire his ass myself." He said, giving the subject a closure. But Cara remained in her seat and looked back at him. "I need you to make sure proper security is focused on this matter and you to promise you will take responsibility if anything happens."

He perked a brow and looked at her as if she just insulted him. "Cara, I said I will deal wit the security. Whats up with all this insistency?" He asked now visibly annoyed.

"Your employee, Meadow Delane, is Mister Rowen's girlfriend." She said and I gasped. I looked at her but she kept her eyes on him. He on the other hand, stared back at me in disbelief. "Delane? you are dating Rowen? That is not small info young lady, you should have told me about this." He said to me in a softer tone.

"I apologize, Sir, but I thought my personal life was of no concern to the company." I tried to sound convincing, but my voice reflected my confusion. "No, no, of course your personal life is yours to keep darling, but you could have told me you needed more security and such."

"Do I have your word that you will be taking this matter personally in your hands, Sir?" Cara insisted.

"Yes, you have my word Cara. Meadow take the afternoon off. Gideon called in sick this morning and said he will be coming this afternoon. I don't want you here when I fire him."

I nodded and Cara smiled, extending her hand. "Thank you Sir Carter, I am keeping her safe for now." They shook hands and Cara stood up, I followed her quickly.

"I just don't understand his motives, I can't understand what is wrong with this guy. Why out of the blue he did this."

Cara sighed and looked at me. "Your choice darling." She said and I looked down at my hands.

"Meadow? you know something else?" I heard him talk.

"He has been asking me to stay overtime, come on saturdays and push me on extra work, Sir. But I've never complained. It has been only since last week that he started to become more aggressive and attacked me directly."

"You should have reported him to..." He stopped mid sentence.

"Yes, Sir, if I decided to report him, it would be with himself as he was the head of the Human Resources department."

"I will see what can we do. Go now, I will need to make a few calls and inform the security. See you tomorrow Meadow."

"Thank you Sir, see you tomorrow then."

I smiled at him as he tried to ensure me confidence, but something within me said this will not end with Gideon being fired, he had a certain unhealthy rage towards me, unfunded I may add, that made me believe he will retaliate.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

*Caleb*

I open my jaw and drop the lifeless body of yet another rogue. All our allies howl the victory, Alex and I are still hunting. We both smell them, we know they were here. We must have taken down over 90 of them and that meant we reduced their numbers greatly. For as far as we know, their numbers didn't exceed 140.

'I sense someone else, not too far from here.' Alex sends to me as he darts towards the north.

'Alex don't go alone... you idiot, we need to stick together!' I growl at him as I start to run behind him. I see him jump a few logs and rocks then tag someone down. I hear whimpers and struggle. When I reach him a couple of seconds later, he has in his jaws the neck of Bryan, Cornelius and Agape's beta, who happened to be also Agape's brother.

'Alex what are you going to do?' I ask him but I already know his answer.

'A life for a life. Is the way of the Wolf.' He sends back as he holds the whimpering wolf's neck. He looks at me with rage and savagism. He wants revenge for his son's death. Agape can't conceive, she can't have children, this has only worked the worst way possible as it probably would, making her more cruel and unstoppable. For her, Bryan was the equivalent of family. I knew what Alex wanted, I didn't like it, but my beta needed his release. I owed him that.

I sat on my back legs and nodded. Alex tensed his jaw and I heard the crack of Bryan's neck. His whimpers gone. He then dropped his body and howled up to the sky. A howl of pain and sadness that I hope it would be the last.

But Alex didn't stop there, he lowered his head and started to chew Bryan's neck, tearing it apart, his teeth sewing the meat and bones as if they were paper. He picked up the head and shook it, biting it with abandon, finally throwing it far to the east. After that he proceeded with one of his legs, and I sighed. I didn't want to witness this, but as an alpha, I had to. This was the moment that defined our future; Alex's revenge will trigger their anger, and the anger of a mad woman is an anger to be reckoned with.

Alex came from Russia, a land of cold blooded wolves and cold blooded hearts. It took him two hundred years to become the social and friendly wolf I came to trust and consider my brother. This was his old nature resurfacing and I knew he had gone primal as he let his beast consume him. As I see him rip Bryan's chest open in search for his heart, I growl at him to stop. This was my limit.

'Enough.' I send to him, he growls at me and I know is due to the madness in his state. I stand up and look at him in the eyes, he backs down a step and lowers his head, dropping the remains of the wolf, then starts to head back to the village. Half his body tainted in red.

We arrive and the packs are celebrating. Demark rejoicing in the death of all the rogues and the remaining ones fleeing. He looks at me with a huge grin and all I want is to calm him down. I just restrain myself and focus on my mate, I needed to come back to her and I needed to send Alex to Cara, she was the only one capable to calm him down and bring his peaceful wolf back.

As I walk towards the inside of the residence, a girl offers herself to me as a treat. I can't look at her and end up pushing her aside. All I want is my Meadow. I reach a room that seems to be empty and quiet, I grab my phone and dial her number.

"Caleb? I was so worried... are you ok?" I heard her talk and I sigh, how could I have been living without her all this time?

"Caleb?" She asks again and I gather I haven't said a word yet. "I am here... it was just... brutal... I just needed to hear your voice..." I confess as I sit on the floor and lean against a wall. "I am here... what do you need me to do?" She says softly and I smile. "Just talk to me... please..."

"Hm... well, Cara made a major impression on my boss today, she managed to annoy him, scare him, surprise him, and make him angry... not sure in which order though." She said and I chuckled. Cara was being the smarty ass like usual. "How did she do all that?" I asked, closing my eyes and focusing on her voice.

"She called him by his first name, something he hates. Then brought up your company's name which scared him. And when she mentioned Gideon and what he did to me and his daughter he became angry. Then there was the surprise, she said I was... your girlfriend..." She paused, I couldn't help but to smile. "I apologize, I know I should have asked you first, before openly revealing something like that." I admitted, even thought I was grinning for having her associated with me already.

"It is ok, I guess... I would have liked you to be a little more formal about it to be honest. But I don't object it either." I closed my eyes and shook my head chuckling. My precious Meadow, she deserves so much more. "When I return tomorrow, I will take you out on a formal dinner with all the pompousness that it comes with." She started to giggle and that was music to my soul.

"Just come back safe, we can have dinner anywhere." She finally said.

"Wait for me, my dearest. I am coming home."

--***--

Chapter 14

"Conquest"

*Meadow*

I yawn as I stretch my arms and suddenly I hit something. My eyes open wide and I look at my left where I see Caleb smiling. "Morning my princess." He whispers, leaning down to kiss my lips softly. Am I dreaming?

I rub my eyes a little too hard and then look again. No, this wasn't a dream, his lips felt real. "Yes, its me." He says and I jump to him. "You are back!" I almost scream and he wraps his arms around me chuckling. All this while I try to digest the fact he called me his princess.

"Would you like some breakfast? I brought you some juice and a few salty things, but if you prefer sweets I can arrange that." He said as he nuzzled my neck and took a deep breath from my hair. I felt goosebumps all around and squeezed him tightly. "Juice is fine, thank you."

After we finally released each other, I sat on the bed and he rested his head on my lap, sighing and closing his eyes. I felt since we spoke on the phone yesterday that whatever happened, must have been hard for him, so I am not asking about it for now. "Are you back with Alex? Cara has been a good girl but I know she missed him badly."

"Yes, I brought him with me. I need to go back to my land soon, and I would like you to come with me." He said as he looked at me from below. I caressed his hair and smiled. "I dont think it will be that easy. I have been given a great opportunity to put into motion some plans I have been working for a while. This even before they knew I was your... erm... girlfriend." I said as I smiled. I am proud of my achievements, I want him to understand how important this is to me.

"I see... I know you are a capable woman Meadow, I have no doubt of that... You have surprised me from the day I've met you." He said as he lifted his hand to caress my cheek. What should I do? I wanted to go with him, I wanted to be with him, but my work was giving me something to hold onto. I sighed a little sad. "When do you have to go?"

"I don't know yet. I am needed but I can't seem to focus when I am away from you." He sighed and closed his eyes again. "I need to figure out a legal way to kidnap you." He chuckled, and I actually liked his idea. I felt my conflict grow as I wanted both things. My work or him, we seemed to have the same dilemmas.

I looked at the clock and sighed. "I need to get ready for work."

"I am going to wait for you here. Then I will take you there. I figure that I might need to supervise your boss to make sure he is taking care of your safety."

I chuckled. "You know, he might not like the fact that you are ordering him around." I said and I headed to the bathroom. His hotel floor was a full apartment.

"I can make it so we are business partners and he will take it. My research tells me he has been tight on the budget. I consider him admirable for keeping the business afloat during this hard times, economic recession has made real estate sells a very difficult area. But he has been injecting some of his own money to survive. I like the man." I heard him say as I removed my clothes and walked into the shower. I wasn't aware that my boss was that kind of man, I was really surprised to hear he was putting his own money into the business and he never made salary adjustments nor unnecessary fires. I finished my shower and got a towel around me, realizing I had to go out to the room where he was. I walked shyly outside and saw his eyes spark as he looked at me. A small growl escaped from him and he quickly apologized. "I am sorry..." He admitted and turned around, I blushed deeply and grabbed my small suitcase that I brought from my apartment yesterday and rushed back to the bathroom. I felt heated and panting, his glare was enough to ignite a long dormant fire within me. I wasn't a virgin, but I hadn't been with a man in years. I wasn't a puritan, either, but when it came to him I felt shy and silly as if I was a 15 years old girl.

Alex and Cara were nowhere to be found. Caleb told me he gave them the day off as they needed to be together alone. I understood, the way Cara was while they both were away was heartbreaking.

It was hard to keep my eyes away from him as he drove his car to my office, he had a dark suit with his black shirt's last two top buttons open; his pale skin in contrast with his dark eyes. Once we arrived he opened the door for me and we walked in. The security staff recognized him and were whispering as he went through their magnetic arch. I blushed as he took my hand and we headed to the elevator. "So you are actually planning to meet my boss?"

He smirked and nodded. "Of course, I meant what I said back at the hotel."

We walked in and I made my way towards Mister McLane's office. He was standing with the phone looking outside through the window when I knocked. He turned around and almost dropped the phone as he saw me, with Caleb not too far behind.

"Please let me call you back Mike, I got something urgent right here." He said and cut the call. "Meadow, you are here... and with company." He smiled and invited us both in.

Caleb was a perfect gentleman, as always. I keep telling to myself he is just a dream come true. He shook Mr McLane's hand and smartly flattered his business and investments. They both joked and got along fine, making me smile as I watched their interactions. Towards the end of the conversation, Caleb finally addressed Gideon's subject. "I've heard you fired the man. I am glad you did. We put charges against him and will let the police handle it."

"Ah yes, I wanted to choke the life out of him when I showed him the tape and he shrugged. He put my daughter's life at risk, and also Meadow's. No sane person would do something like that."

"Police procedure is slow, but we are following it by the book. If we all could handle things as we wanted to, well... the world would become more primitive than it already is."

McLane chuckled and nodded. "I will give you that, Rowen."

"Caleb, you can call me Caleb."

McLane's eyes widened and he extended his hand. "Well Caleb, you can call me Carter. Hell, if your girl Cara calls me that why shouldn't you." He smirked and Caleb grinned. "Oh, she is one of my most trusted and valuable assets. She and her husband lead my tech department in the U.S."

"I see, I might need to consult with them to improve my own security here, a small investment." I sighed, more money coming from his own pocket. Caleb noticed my sigh and gently took my hand in his. "Carter, now that we have come to a more amenable treat between us, may I throw a wild idea for you to consider?"

McLane looked at him with curiosity and he nodded.

"I was thinking I could invest in your business. As a silent partner. So perhaps I could put my staff and technology under your roof and we can talk of a partnership association between both of us. Just an idea, you can think about it and if you are interested, we can draw the basics and send it to our lawyers. I might even add some monetary investment in real estate to sweeten the deal." Caleb mentioned this as if he was talking about lunch. McLane pondered his words carefully and held silent for a moment. I felt awkward in the middle of this discussion but the fact is that if they end up having this association I will be in charge of handling many of the changes on the staff and handling the direct consequences.

"You might have something there Caleb, let me think about it, would you." He finally spoke, Caleb nodded and smiled a victory.

"Well I will leave you two to work. I will go find something to do while I wait for my dear Meadow to get free for lunch." He held my hand up and kissed my knuckles, making me blush. McLane grinned. "Ah you got yourself another valuable asset with this one." He said, looking at me. Caleb grinned and nodded. "The most valuable one, without a doubt."

After Caleb finally left, I was floating between clouds of dreams and reality. Now there was a possibility of a partnership between them, and he was without a question my official boyfriend. The last couple of days of my life becoming a shock of reality and dreams merged in one.

When I was about to leave for lunch, McLane called me into his office. He smiled at me and invited me to take a seat then went right to the point. "Are you and this guy Caleb serious, Meadow?"

I blinked a little taken by the surprise. Finally I nodded. "It is as serious as my love for him is, Mister McLane, and I am not a silly teenager with a crush." I lied, god knows I feel like one when I am with him. He perked a brow then nodded. "Fine, I am considering his offer seriously but I don't want to take big risks if you and him are not serious and something might end badly. Summer romances and such make office business a bad combination." I agreed with him and nodded.

"Mister McLane, I..."

He cut me in. "Call me Carter, you above all should have the right to do it."

CalyPy
CalyPy
238 Followers
12