Sin City Mysteries

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wasn't getting back in, though. I'd arranged for the best security system the company had. That reminded me. The system was well beyond what I had in my savings and I wasn't interested in dipping into the stash of gold coins I'd found. I needed to call the lawyer handling the trust and make sure it was a covered expense. Maybe he'd agree to a private security guard, too.

The doorbell rang and I about jumped out of my skin before I realized it must be the installers. After checking their ID, I let them in.

The foreman, Chad, according to his name tag, said, "This will take several hours, Ms. Archer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

He had a kind face, with military short blonde hair and soft brown eyes. I thought he looked like a Cocker Spaniel, though I doubted he'd be flattered by the comparison.

"No, it's not a problem. My house was broken into last night, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Giving me a sympathetic look, he said, "I'm sorry about that, but after we're finished, you won't need to worry again."

"Thanks." I chewed on my lip for a moment. "This used to be my grandmother's house. I just moved in yesterday, and I have no idea who might have keys. Can you change all the locks?"

"Keypad entry using your thumbprint will be installed on all the doors and windows. That's included in the service, but we can change the deadbolt locks for the cost of the locks themselves."

"I'd appreciate it. The keypads sound perfect, but I'm here by myself."

"Understood." He glanced up from the stack of paperwork he'd laid on the kitchen table. "I don't know what your budget is, but if you're worried the person might come back, you should probably invest in some private security."

"I thought about it, but I don't know who to call."

He handed me a business card. "This company is owned by a friend of mine from the Navy. He and his men will do a good job for you for a reasonable price."

"Thank you. I'll call him." I smiled and added, "I'll be in the study if you need me, third room down the hall on the right."

"Okay. We'll get started and be out of your hair as soon as possible."

I nodded and left him to his work. The lawyer agreed to the cost of the security system but grumbled a bit on the private guards. It wasn't surprising, really. The trust was going to take a bit of a hit when all the bills came due. Hopefully, I'd be able to figure out this puzzle before the expense got too high.

Leaning back in the desk chair, I allowed myself a sigh of relief. I'd arranged for a guard to patrol the outside overnight for the next few days. It wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. I bent forward and pulled out the first of the journals from the bottom drawer. The old man had said there were secrets in the house. I wasn't sure if I believed him, but I'd already found one secret in the form of those gold coins.

Lisette's journals started in the aftermath of Henri's death. She'd been despondent and blamed herself for his accident. She made several mentions of fights with Clarice. I didn't remember any of that, though. Maybe they'd made up in the years before I was born. Thirty years is a long time to hold a grudge.

There were lovers for whom she'd felt nothing. Tears welled as I read her innermost thoughts. Henri had been the last man she'd spoken of with any kindness. A former president had a dick like a button on a fur coat. Jay Samo liked to wear her panties and heels. I could have gone my whole life without that picture in my head.

Despite her scathing commentary of the men who had shared her bed, her indominable spirit and wicked sense of humor twisted through everything she wrote. Even in grief, she kept moving forward.

The lovers stopped when she became pregnant with my mother in 1964. I often thought Lisette's refusal to name a father soured her relationship with my mother. Maybe she just didn't know whose swimmers had finally caught up with her. With some of the men she'd chosen, maybe it was best left a secret.

She mentioned her dream man. He came to her only at night, and the descriptions of their interludes would make porn writers rich beyond measure. In over a dozen leather bound volumes, she never mentioned his name, or even what he looked like.

And that was very curious. She'd splashed famous and infamous lovers alike all over her journals, including some not too kind personal observations. Why did this one lover not merit a mention? Who had he been that she would keep his name to herself?

Shaking my head, I returned the journals to their drawer and went to the couch to lie down. What I wouldn't give for a single uninterrupted night's sleep. The installers would be done soon, but I was pretty sure I had time for a short nap.

###

I walked down the Champs Elysees, hand in hand with a man in a black suit. I wore a red Chanel dress and chunky wedge sandals. The trees were just beginning to blossom. I inhaled the scent of flowers and sugar from street side cafes. Paris in spring was cliché but beautiful. And I was with my dearest.

He didn't speak. Words weren't necessary between us, and I didn't consider protesting when he led me back to our hotel.

"Neuvième étage, s'il vous plait."

The elevator operator nodded and shut the grillwork door behind us. Facing the door, he pressed the button for our floor as my lover worked his hand under my dress. Amidst the clank and rumble of the elevator, his touch made me wet for him and I panted in need.

The elevator stopped and he wrapped his damp hand around my waist. I was sure the operator could smell my arousal, but he said nothing as we left him behind. Only a few doors away, our suite was too far, and we hurried to reach it. The key scraped in the lock and he held my hand to steady it as I tried to make it work.

Slamming the door behind us, he lifted me in his strong arms, pressing my back against the door. His lips, so soft and warm met mine, and our tongues dueled for supremacy in a heated kiss.

He swore into my mouth and pushed up the hem of my dress when I wrapped my legs around his hips, begging without words for his thick cock. Our hands scrabbled at his belt and buttons to release him, and I screamed in pleasure when he was finally, finally inside me.

His lips never once left mine as he thrust into my needy pussy. Our kisses were animalistic, sometimes gentle and sweet, sometimes rough. His hard possession of me hurt, but the bite of pain made me soar with ecstasy. His hands would leave bruises on my hips, his greed too strong to be gentle.

Bending his knees, he changed the angle of his penetration, catching that one delicious spot deep inside me. My breath left me on a soundless scream as I came for him. Lowering his head to my throat, he bit down and thrust one last time, setting off a rainbow of aftershocks that made me shudder as he filled me with his come.

The silence of our suite was broken only by our harsh pants of release and shared pleasure. With one last tender kiss on my abused throat, he set me on my feet.

"Shall we continue our walk, dearest?"

Leaning my forehead against his broad chest, I said, "I need to wash."

"No. Leave it. I want to know that my come is dripping down your thighs as we stroll." He tipped my chin up, his pale blue eyes meeting mine. "I'm not finished with you, Anais."

###

"Ms. Archer, we're finished."

"Fuck!" I rolled off the couch and fell, unable to get my legs under me to stand. My crotch was wet and sticky from one of the most erotic dreams I'd ever had, and I'm sure the whole room reeked of sex. The doorknob rattled, giving me a few precious seconds to pull myself together.

I raced over and struggled with the doorknob. Chad's eyes widened when he saw me, but he didn't say a word about my appearance. This was Vegas, after all. I'm sure I wasn't the first woman he'd seen sweaty and disheveled after an orgasm. A trickle of moisture escaped and threatened to drip down my inner thigh, and I pressed my legs together to stop it.

"Are you all right?" he asked.

"I'm good, thanks. I was napping and you surprised me."

"Sorry about that. I just need to have you sign the work order. After I show you how it works, we'll get out of your way."

"Okay. I'm going to make a pit stop really quick. I'll meet you in the kitchen."

He nodded and strode away as I hurried into the powder room. Shutting the door, I rubbed my face, surprised when I didn't smell sex on my hands. Had I come without touching myself? I'd never done it before, but my dream had been beyond hot. Maybe I'd rubbed myself against the seam of my shorts. I washed my hands and splashed cold water on my face.

As I dried off, I stared at myself in the mirror. My face was blotchy and tired, and I had massive dark circles under my eyes. My appearance matched the way I felt. Maybe I'd get a decent night's sleep tonight.

I walked toward the kitchen, thinking about what I'd read and wondering if I should call Clarice. I didn't want to bring up old hurts from her relationship with Lisette, though. Given the close relationship they'd had during my lifetime, they must have worked things out. I didn't know what to think about her fixation on Henri. He'd been a strikingly handsome man, and his obvious devotion to Lisette had been beautiful to read about.

"Why did they never get married?" I muttered the question as I approached the kitchen, knowing there were no answers.

Because I was a selfish fool.

The raspy whisper sounded behind me and I spun around. No one was there. Goosebumps pebbled my skin as a cool breeze washed over me, smelling of bay rum. I backed into the kitchen, and straight into Chad.

He caught my shoulders and I jumped. "Hey, are you all right?"

Stepping out of his reach, I said, "Yeah. I'm just hearing things. I haven't slept well the last few nights."

"I wouldn't either if I'd had a break in. Do you want us to check the house out before we leave?"

Yes and no. I didn't want the crew to invade my privacy, but that was stupid. They'd already been all over the house installing the security system. "If it's not too much trouble, yes, please. I keep hearing whispers and seeing things that aren't there. Either I'm overtired, or someone has wires and projectors in my house like an old thriller movie."

Nodding, he said, "Stranger things have happened, and this is Vegas. I'll take a look, and call Jack from the private security company. He knows better than I do what to look for."

"I don't want to put him to any trouble—"

"No, it's fine. He likes looking in these old homes. Some of the mob bosses who lived in this neighborhood had secret rooms and listening posts everywhere." He grinned and flushed, "I doubt he'll charge you. He'll be too happy to get a look in here."

Chad made his call as I read over the monitoring contract and familiarized myself with the keyless entry on the French door leading out to the deck. The replacement lock was heavy and solid, sturdy under my hand.

When he finished with his call, he said, "Jack is on his way. Let's get your thumbprint into the system. The main panel is over here." He pointed to a large screen and touchpad mounted on the kitchen wall across from the French door, and I followed him toward it.

He tapped the screen, bringing up a prompt, and showed me how to use it, turning his back when I put in a security code.

"Good. You can repeat what we just did if you want to add another person to the system. Ready to test it out?"

"Sure."

He activated the alarm and I heard two reassuring beeps. "Now, try to open the door."

I walked outside, shutting the door behind me, and pressed my thumb against the pad on the doorframe. It opened with a soft click and I smiled.

"Perfect. I'd keep the deadbolts locked, too, though. It would set off the silent alarm, but someone could rip one of the touchpads out to gain access."

I would have done that anyway. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

With a wave and a signed contract for a big pile of money, Chad and his crew went their merry way, leaving me alone.

Alone in a big, empty house at too close to sunset. What was a girl supposed to do before her guard dogs showed up?

Good question. Maybe a smarter woman would have stayed put with a cell phone and a baseball bat. Me? I went out for Chinese. I needed lo mein in the worst way. And maybe some egg rolls. I was smart about one thing, though. I called an Uber.

My guards were already outside when I returned with my greasy haul of noodles and fried delights. They introduced themselves, refused the food I offered, and ordered me inside. I was good with all of that. When the sun goes down over the desert, it's black as pitch. Sure, lights from the strip illuminated the gloom, but it seemed to make my gated property even darker.

A third man, Jack, combed through the house and proclaimed it clean before thanking me for a chance to see it.

Between the guards and the new security system, I finally felt safe enough to relax and ate my dinner in peace. No strange voices, or smells, or anything. I was behind on watching Supernatural but decided on a Disney flick on my laptop instead. Dark and scary didn't seem like a wise choice for me today.

I thought about taking a long bath, but the thought of getting into the tub gave me the shivers. I settled for a hot shower, shaving, moisturizing, and all that girly shit Lisette had insisted on. Maybe she had a point. Well into her nineties when she died, Lisette hadn't had a single wrinkle marring her perfect face.

Once I'd finished drying my hair, I dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and wandered into the bedroom, checking the windows as I went. Indicator lights signaling a live alarm winked at me in reassurance.

Crawling between the sheets, I let out a relaxed sigh. Safe and protected, I knew I'd sleep well. I plugged my phone in and turned out the lights, not bothering with an alarm. I nestled deeper into the bedding and closed my eyes.

###

There were pebbles under my sandaled feet and the sound of the Mediterranean surf was soothing. My lover sat next to me, and I had a cocktail in one hand as we watched yachts move slowly across the azure sea.

"You look very beautiful, Anais."

"Thank you. It was a wonderful idea to come here."

Truly, it was gorgeous. The shores of Monaco were much like Las Vegas, if Vegas had a makeover and a lot more class. I sat under an umbrella wearing nothing but the bottom half of a bikini, a large sun hat, and my sandals. My breasts were bare to the afternoon sun.

The sweet perfume of bougainvillea and frangipani filled the air, competing with the scent of coconut oil and the sea. I sipped from my cocktail, tasting crisp wine under the sangria.

"Shall we swim, dearest?"

I nodded and my lover helped me to my feet. We walked hand in hand toward the surf, dropping our sandals at the tide line before walking into the refreshing water. His hands were warm on my back as he turned me to face him.

A shadow beard decorated his firm jaw, and his skin was tanned from our time on these beautiful shores. His blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight, a mix of arousal and humor that made my toes curl on the pebbled sea floor. The tide pushed us closer and I raised my face to him for a kiss.

He obliged and drew me deeper into the water, until it reached my shoulders and no one could see his busy hands. Pushing my bathing suit aside, he thrust two fingers deep into my channel. I gasped and clenched around him as he whispered words of love and devotion into my hair.

The buoyancy of the water lifted me and I wrapped a leg around his hip, begging without words for his touch. Freeing his cock from his swim trunks, he sought out my needy flesh and gritted his teeth as he entered me.

Laughing people and the sound of sea birds surrounded us over the tumble of water on the beach, but we heard none of it, so lost in our own pleasure that everything else was a blur. He swelled inside me, his hardened cock sparking my delight. With one hand he tilted my face up and kissed me, swallowing my rapturous cries.

The sea drove us apart and we fixed our bathing suits before returning to the beach and our waiting sandals. I never wanted to wake from this dream.

###

I smelled smoke as I turned over in my sleep. Sirens blared in the distance and I wondered if one of the neighboring houses was on fire. I tried to get up but I was so tired. I could barely muster the energy to open my eyes. I rolled back over, trying to chase the dream of my lover and I on the beach.

I inhaled, wanting his scent of bay rum to fill my lungs, but could only smell burning wood and spicy aftershave. The mixture was harsh in my nose and brought me to full awareness and I heard a metallic click next to my head.

"I was going to make this gentle, bitch. Send you out with a bang, you know."

"Who are you?" I whispered. "What do you want from me?"

Luke ignored my words. "You have no idea what you're sitting on, do you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about! I found a handful of gold coins and my grandmother's private journals. That's all!" I tried to back away, but he grabbed my hair to keep me still.

He laughed hoarsely and turned on the bedside lamp. "Dumb bitch. Those Krugerrands are just the tip of the iceberg. You have no idea."

I risked a peek at his face and gasped. The man looked like Luke but wasn't him. Gone was the good-natured smile and the soft eyes. This man glared at me with a poisonous green stare.

"You're right. I don't have any idea what I'm sitting on. I moved in two days ago!"

He leaned back, his mouth falling open in surprise. I was too angry to take advantage of his distraction and didn't care that he still had a gun pointed at my forehead. "And who the hell are you, anyway? What gives you the right to bust into my home, scare me half to death—"

"Shut up!"

The muzzle of the gun connected with my forehead, knocking me backwards. I felt a trickle of blood run down my forehead but didn't waste the time wiping it away. I wasn't willing to take my attention off the creep in front of me.

"So, you just decided whatever is in this house is yours, even though your name is isn't on the deed? Did you fuck me for shits and giggles or was there some purpose in that?"

He grinned at me, showing straight white teeth in a smile that chilled me right to the bone. "Mostly for shits and giggles, but you're a hell of a lay. Maybe we can get busy before I kill you. You might as well go out with a smile."

I'd rather take a bullet. "Fuck you, asshole."

He smashed the gun handle into my temple, dazing me. My stomach roiled and I thought I'd be sick. He wrapped a hand around my neck, pulling me up until I could smell his alcohol laden breath. "Now where is it, you stupid cunt?"

"I don't know! I don't know who you are or what you're looking for!"

The sirens grew louder and he growled as he backed away and looked out the window. "It looks like my distraction for your guard dogs is about to run its course." He smirked at me as he moved toward the door. "Don't bother leaving town, Anais. I will find you, and you won't like it when I do."

Without another word, he disappeared, leaving his nonsensical words behind. If he was looking for something in the house, wouldn't it be easier to find if I wasn't around to give him trouble? Oh yeah, he wanted to kill me. Can't forget that. But what would my death gain him? I had a will, of course. My grandmother's lawyer insisted on it since I had no children. But the house was supposed to go to the city as a historical monument.

Fuck, my head hurt. I couldn't think. I caught a whiff of bay rum as a soft hand touched my cheek. The fragrance and the hand vanished as two police officers and a fireman burst into the room.