Sisters in Love and Trust Ch. 03B

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Lucky for you I guess. I just got the starting spot on the basketball team, and I know another girl is trying to take it from me. Problem is we're evenly matched, except I have two inches on her in height." Daphne could see already her and Stephanie would get along. Both of them were tall, competitive and kind of tomboys. "What got you into volleyball?" She asked.

"I used to hate it actually. The first time I played it was in elementary school. I was very short then, so I had trouble making shots over the net. I went through a huge growth spurt in middle school. The first time I played after I finished growing, I found I enjoyed it a lot more. I played on my high school team and actually that was how I got noticed by a scout from here. I'm glad that happened. My family is quite poor so this was the only way I could go to college."

Daphne knew that pain. She too had been poor growing up. "It's the same for me. I only can be here because of my scholarships. I've always been tall. Other kids used to tease me because I always towered over all the others. Until my freshman year of high school I was the tallest kid in school. A cousin of mine got me into basketball. He was a member of his high school team and he felt that if I got good at it, people would tease me less for my height. He was right."

"Do you play any other sports?" Stephanie asked. Daphne nodded.

"I ran track too when I was in high school. I did the 400, 800 and Long Jump. What about you, any others?" Stephanie laughed again. Daphne had to shake her head. Stephanie was certainly a giddy sort.

"You'd never believe this, but I actually used to play football. My middle school was one of the only ones that fielded a team. I joined for the hell of it. Quite a few guys didn't want me on the team. I didn't stay on for long. I couldn't take the bullying. Guys can really be dicks sometimes." Daphne had to laugh at this.

"Tell me about it. Most guys don't want to date me because I'm so tall. It sucks really. My last boyfriend didn't care, but that was probably because he was 6'8", so even I looked tiny compared to him."

From this, it was quite easy for the two to converse with each other. Most of their conversation stayed on their sports, both comparing the challenges each faced in their sport with the other. Daphne was glad to see how well she got along with Stephanie. It made her feel better about joining, knowing that at least one other student had made it through pledging while being a student athlete.

They didn't part ways until very late, after they had dinner together in Milton. Daphne already could see Stephanie would be picked to be her Big Sister. She hadn't gotten along with any other Sister this well. She doubted whoever she met with tomorrow would be a better match for her than Stephanie.

Susan:

Right after her first class on Tuesday Susan received a text from a number she did not recognize. Reading the text she saw it was from Angela. Susan knew she was probably asking to meet because she had been selected as one of Susan's potential Big Sisters. Susan had not really interacted with Angela at the party, but she remembered the girl well. It was not often you saw blue-eyed brunettes. Plus the fact that Angela was one hell of a dresser.

Susan wondered how Angela would work as her Big, but she knew she had to meet Angela and give her a chance. Angela's text said she'd be outside Glasson around 11:00. Susan had fifteen minutes to get there, so she hurried there to meet Angela. Angela was already waiting for her when she arrived, dressed in tight blue jeans, a dark blouse with three buttons at the top, all of which were open, and black suede boots that went to mid-calf. Her hair was done up too, as were her nails and Susan almost chuckled seeing that Angela also had the new iPhone. This girl really liked to look good and fashionable.

"Geez, I'm fine as long as my clothes are clean. This girl seems to think out every outfit." Susan thought.

Susan nervously walked up to the bench Angela sat on and once near she announced her arrival.

"Hi." Susan said to Angela nervously.

Angela's eyes went off her phone and to Susan, which made her smile. "Hey. Great, you got my text. Sit down for bit, let's chat." She said happily.

Susan was taken aback. With Angela's total fashionista appearance, Susan was not expecting her to be so friendly. Angela laughed at Susan's shock.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. People like to think that because I dress so fashionably and that I take a lot of time with my hair and all that I'm some pretentious sort that thinks they're better than others. Actually, until I got here, I never dressed like this. My family is very poor, so I often had to wear second-hand clothes and had very basic phones."

Susan's head tilted in puzzlement. "How the hell do you afford those clothes then?" Angela giggled.

"Well, thanks to my grades in high school, I got some great scholarships that cover all my costs here. I work part-time basically to pay for my clothes and all. Plus, well this is kind of sad to admit, a lot of the clothes I have guys I date buy for me."

"You some kind of gold-digger then?" Susan quipped.

Angela shook her head. "I don't date guys because of what they can buy me. Just I often get guys who want to spoil me. It's funny really as most guys I date I never date them very long. I think the longest I dated any guy was a month. I'm just not ready right now to commit to anyone long-term."

Susan was sad to hear this. She'd never dated anyone. She was too scared of what they would think of her. "I've never been on a date." She sadly admitted. Angela's jaw dropped hearing this.

"A pretty girl like you has never dated? Even if you like girls, which I'm sure you do, I'm sure some would love to go out with you."

Susan nodded at this. "I have been asked out by some guys and girls. I turn the guys down because I'm not into them. Girls, as much as I want to date them, I don't think they'd like me once they found out more about me."

Angela hugged Susan after she said this. "I'm sure you'd be fine. You have to give people a chance. Some people are a lot more open-minded than you think."

Angela could see Susan still had doubts. She really hoped now she'd be picked as Susan's Big. She had a feeling she could get Susan to be more open about herself. "Now look, I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but I'm almost certain I'll be selected to be your Big Sister." Susan tilted her head in puzzlement.

"How can you be so sure?" She asked. Angela grinned.

"Look, you're the shy type. We like girls to open up to others in our Sisterhood. Usually with girls like you we put them with girls like me. I'm a vivacious sort, and I think I can help you be more open to others. Just trust me." Susan hung her head.

"It's not that I'm shy is why I'm so guarded. It's the life I had before I came here."

Angela shook her head in exasperation. "Look, I know we keep saying we take anyone, and I've seen girls like you who doubt it. Trust me, we're the most open and tolerant sorority in the country. We've taken girls no other sorority would dream of taking. If you get in, you'll see for yourself. Some of our Sisters are people other sororities would find any excuse to bar, like Amanda, Jennifer, Jazmin and Kanya."

Susan looked with wonder at Angela as she said this. "We take almost any girl in our Sisterhood." Angela said as she put her hand to Susan's chest, laying it flat against her heart.

Susan blushed, seeing Angela's hand almost fully between her breasts. "Trust me. As long as this is good, we'll accept you no matter what. You'll be fine."

Angela got up and grabbed her purse and backpack as she prepared to leave. "I know you have your doubts, Suz. If I become your Big, I'll prove to you that no matter what, we'll accept you in our Sisterhood. I can tell already you're a good person, and you care about others and making them happy. That's enough for us. There is nothing about you, and I MEAN NOTHING, that will make us say you're not welcome." Before she left, Angela hugged Susan one more time.

"Trust me, you'll be fine with us."

Despite not saying much to Angela, Susan's spirits were lifted as Angela left. Maybe it was true they'd accept her in AAM. She smiled at this. Maybe, against all odds, she just might find a place where she truly was accepted as she was. She had to find out.

Gina:

Kanya, Gina's second potential Big Sister, met up with her after her first class. Gina knew why Kanya had been picked for her. Both were engineering majors and children of immigrants. When she told this to Kanya she laughed and confirmed her assumptions were correct.

"Well, you do have a bit of a leg up on me," Kanya said when she stopped giggling. "You at least were born here. I moved here when I was eleven." Gina shook her head.

"I don't think that means much. I too grew up quite poor. The only reason I was able to attend Melson Prep was because I earned a good scholarship. If my middle school grades had not been so good, I would have been going to my local public school." Kanya smiled.

"At least you had that. The only prestigious school near me didn't offer scholarships. I don't think I would have been accepted anyway. That school was unbelievably white." Both burst out laughing as Kanya said this.

Gina could tell already Kanya was someone she could easily get along with. They had much in common as she came to find from chatting with her. Both were children of immigrants, dealt with racial prejudice back home, were from poor families and, to Gina's surprise, both were bi-curious.

"Well, maybe we can find out together." Gina quipped. Kanya shook her head.

"Sorry sweetie, but you're not my type." Gina blushed as Kanya said this.

"Oh, so what is your type then?" She asked teasingly.

"I'm not really sure. I can't tell yet what kind of girl I'd like to go to bed with. Still, I'm pretty sure you're not it." Kanya laughed again as Gina scoffed. "With any luck, my first girl will probably end up being Melanie. She's got some crazy goal about fucking the whole chapter before she leaves this place."

Hearing this made Gina stop dead. "What the hell is that girl's deal anyway?" She asked.

"Beats the hell out of me. She just always tells us the same thing. She likes sex and she's comfortable with her body. You would not believe how much trouble we've had with the strange people she brings back to fuck, and all the times she'd be naked when others are visiting the house. We practically had to force her to get dressed last year when the head of Greek Life visited the house. She's a very old-fashioned type and would have probably kicked us off campus if Melanie had not gotten dressed. Of course, she might have it out for us because she's an Alpha Sigma Alpha alum. We've been at odds with them for decades."

Hearing this did make Gina wonder if joining would be a good idea after all. She had wanted to leave that high school stuff behind when she came to college. Kanya saw this worry.

"Don't sweat it. We're in a ceasefire right now. Nobody's made a move in the last two years, so I think you'll be fine. Nobody wants to be the one to fire the first shot."

This allayed Gina's fears some, but not much. Still, she wasn't convinced now suddenly to not join. She could tell all her Pledge Sisters were intent on getting in, and she didn't want to be the only one to drop out. The fact that there were girls like Jazmin, Jaclyn and Kanya in the chapter helped. Seeing there were others serious about their studies told her these girls could not be all bad.

By the time Gina and Kanya split up, Gina could tell she really wanted Kanya to be her Big Sister. She got along so well with her and was glad to see someone with a similar outlook on life in the Chapter. Still, given what Lucy had told her yesterday, the odds were good Lucy or whatever girl she met tomorrow would be picked instead. She had lightened up on her view of Lucy, but she still felt they would not be a good match.

"I really hope she's not my Big." Gina thought. The thought was out of her mind by the time she arrived at her next class, focused wholly on the lecture. She didn't even think about it the rest of her day.

That night, the actives met again to discuss what had been gleaned during today's interviews. Already the Chapter had an idea of who would mentor some girls. Two of them the Chapter was pretty much certain the candidate had already met her Big Sister. It would all depend on what happened during the final interviews tomorrow.

12