Slaves of the Spartan Kingdom Ch. 04

Story Info
Are you a slave?
18.6k words
4.3
31.3k
8
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/10/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
perl10
perl10
60 Followers

Chapter 4: Are You A Slave?

Marcie's drive back from her parents place was very different than her drive out there. When she drove out there, her heart was filled with dread and desperation, but after her talk with her father, her heart was now filled with hope and serenity.

It wasn't that her father solved her problems for her. He just gave her reason to believe they could be solved. She no longer felt defined by – thus burdened by – what she had done. It allowed her to believe that she wasn't stuck in a cycle where she needed to drown out the things she had done, and in turn, creat new things to be ashamed of that her sense of desperation created.

She now needed to take stock of her life, so that she could reject the things that weren't working, and build on the things that were. It's not like she couldn't have done this before she had talked to her father. She had known for some time how ridiculous it was to believe that having sex with her sorority sisters was going to help her keep her urges under control. At first it seemed kind of obvious that it should work. After all, if you do something enough you'll grow bored with it; that wasn't working with sex. The more she did it, the more she wanted it.

Even though she knew that eliminating sex from her life would solve her problem, throwing it all out was not an option because of Beth. What she thought was odd, was she was sure that her father thought her problem was with a boyfriend, yet even though he was wrong, her problem was still the same. Just as a girl would have a hard time putting the 'genie back in the bottle' after having sex with her boyfriend, she had the same situation with Beth. She couldn't tell her no more sex if she wanted to keep her as a friend.

Not only did she have to deal with Beth's demands, she also had to deal with how horny she was after Sandra was through with her sessions. She had to admit that Sandra's methods were effective in teaching math, but as long as she was taking instruction from her, she was going to have her fire stoked red-hot by her, which required release afterwards; this was another reason she had to continue with Beth.

Her sessions with Sandra were probably the most conflicting thing she dealt with because of her reactions to the spankings. After several months of them, she was always quite beside herself from the moment she laid across the arm of the couch and received those warm-up spanks. They lit her fire like nothing else she encountered in her life, and she despised herself for it. Being turned on by being spanked just seemed so wrong that she felt she must do something to control them.

She was thwarted at every attempt she made, because she kept encountering evidence that other girls like to be spanked too. She didn't know how that could be possible, but it was true. Not only did Beth say she was spanking Samantha that fateful night, but it was clear Jessica was turned on by what happened to her also. Nonetheless, just because others were as excited by it as she was, was no excuse for her to like it too, and somehow she was going to find some way of mastering that desire.

Initially she made great strides in getting her sexual desires under control. She completely stopped seducing her sorority sisters, and she had gotten back into masturbating more often, which helped a lot with the post-Sandra sessions. Within a couple of weeks after her talk with her father, she had actually gotten to the point where she felt she could confront Beth, and start talking to her about turning their relationship into a non-sexual one. Then something happened that completely tripped her up. It was the release of the video from the king of the Spartan Kingdom.

A week after the news report that Marcie saw about a man killing police officers who were trying to take custody of his son, a video appeared on YouTube. It didn't last long there because of the sex and violence in it, but it didn't need to be. It was soon posted to sites like YouPorn, and many others. In a matter of days, it had gone completely viral.

Some people had stripped the tedious and boring speech that was at the front of it, so that the sex part could download faster and be sent around easier, but the sex part made no sense on its own, and created a demand by many to see the whole thing. What really got it moving around the Internet was all of the condemnations that were made of it. Many people on the left and the right were condemning it, which got everyone in the middle curious to see what would get both these groups to agree on something.

With less than two weeks left in the school year, Beth burst into Marcie's room saying excitedly, "I've finally got that Spartan Kingdom video!"

"You have?" replied Marcie. She had been very curious to see what all of the fuss was about, particularly now that they appeared to be carrying out the threats mentioned in it.

"Yep," confirmed Beth. "The first part is like they say it is. Some right-winged nut is yammering on and on about how this country is not this country anymore, and how he plans to punish Christians for it. But the second part is absolutely delicious!"

Marcie was sitting at her desk cramming for exams, and Beth plopped down on the bed. "I can't believe this whack-job in the front of it. He's a conservative who blames Christians for the decline of this country. Can you believe that? Boy is he confused."

Beth popped back up, "Come on up to my room. I have it on my computer."

Marcie followed her out of her room, and up to the president's suite. As they approached her iMac, Beth said, "The ending has a real sick twist, too!"

Marcie was looking over her shoulder as Beth sat at the desk and clicked on a video file that was on her desktop. When the media player launched, a face appeared that mesmerized her. The face froze for a second while the computer was loading in the file, which gave her a chance to take in its features. The face was that of a man that was mature without appearing old in any way. The only hint of age came from the dusting of grey along the sides of neatly trimmed black hair. The face looked wise, but not solemn, and even had a wry smirk to it.

Then all too soon for Marcie, the face on the display started talking, "My name is Gabriel Alexander, and I am the king of the Spartan Kingdom." Marcie was enthralled by the voice. It was smooth and firm without an apparent accent. "I've made this video to ask you a simple question. Are you a slave?"

Marcie thought his question was oddly prescient, considering her situation, then he continued, "Now I know why many of you are watching this video, so feel free to fast forward to the part you came for…"

"Don't mind if I do," Beth said. She then proceeded to grab the slide bar and move quickly through his speech.

"Hey! Wait a second!" Marcie exclaimed. "I want to hear what he has to say." She said this as she slid in along side Beth on her chair.

"If you insist," Beth replied petulantly. "Don't blame me if you get bored silly."

Beth brought the slide bar back to the beginning then let it go. It eventually got back to where he last spoke.

"… because I know you will be back.

"Before I get too far into this, I want you to consider how most people learn what goes on outside the world they live in; it's really no different than going to a tarot card reader. All the card reader does is flip over cards, and then offer her spin on what they mean. The person who is having the reading done then attempts to find ways to see how what she said fits within their lives, and sure enough, they always do.

"Think about this: who do you suppose is engaged in the greater deception? Is it the tarot card reader who is pretending that these cards have actual relevance in anyone's life, or is it the receiver of the reading whose self-deception makes him see the relevance that could not possibly be there?

"What is sad is that most people use the evening news, or other media sources, in the same manner. Here the self-deception is greater because the receiver believes that these sources have integrity, but they don't. Most media sources flip out their carefully chosen 'facts' and offer their spin on them in a manner no different than the tarot card reader. It's like they go through the deck to pick the cards they want to show.

"Personally, I have more respect for the tarot card reader because she doesn't have an agenda for what you should believe. She just wants you to believe in something so you'll believe in her.

"The point is, don't accept the spin given by people just because you want to believe them, and by the same token, don't reject what I have to say just because you want to believe that I am evil. Use your own critical analysis skills to see what is really working in life, and not what you think should be working."

Beth was now opening and closing her left hand in the universal signal of 'blah-blah-blah-blah.'

Marcie mouthed, 'stop that,' as if voicing the words would interrupt him.

"I say all of this because what I am presenting to you now is my video manifesto. I want to make sure I get my side of the story out, because many people are about to die, even though I have neither desire nor inclination to kill anyone. I don't even want to harm anyone – at least by how I define what harm is. Yet many people are going to be compelled to stop us at any cost. They believe that if they bring enough violence to us we'll back down… Not anymore – Not ever again.

"Before I get started on explaining myself, I want to make something perfectly clear. If you want me to stop what will be presented shortly…"

Beth interjected, "Not short enough," which got a glare from Marcie.

"…the only effective means will be to convince me to do so. You will not be able to use intimidation, or force, to get me or my people to stop, and so I fear many will die before you all get that through your thick, arrogant skulls.

"So why am I making my own declaration of intimidation and force? What has prompted it at this time? I'm sure most of you have heard the news reports of what occurred last week when one of my men killed seven police officers that were attempting to take his son from him. In many of those news reports it was said that he was abusing his son, but in none of the reports did they go into any detail.

"Allow me to provide those details. I'll even admit up front that what I am about to say will probably only convince you that the authorities should have taken his son… Too bad. We don't recognize anyone's right to take our children, and will fight to the death to keep them.

"Those of us in my kingdom take a very different view of child rearing. We do not believe it is possible to raise a child to become an adult. You can't treat someone as a child until they are eighteen and then expect them to act like an adult. If you want an adult you need to raise an adult. You don't wait for them to act mature before you treat them as mature. They can only become mature when you place the expectation on them to be so.

"One of the many ways we place adult expectations on our sons is that beginning at age eleven we train them to kill. We don't just train them how to use a gun, we train them how to take a human life with it. Why? Because the most important thing we train our children is how not to become a slave. Only when men are prepared to kill can they ever be sure of their freedom."

Gabriel paused for a moment, then continued with a questioning look, "What? Are you some pacifist that doesn't believe that sometimes the price of your freedom means that the lives of those trying to take your freedom must be taken instead? Or do you expect others to fight for your freedom, like how some people like to have their McDonald's hamburgers, but get all squeamish at the thought of actually slaughtering a cow?

"We expect our children to fight for their own freedom, and to kill and slaughter their own meat. To do this, we don't isolate them in some bubble, and wait for them to be mature enough to handle it. Instead, we mature them by gradually exposing them to the realities of this world. Maturity doesn't just happen, it has nothing do with their age, and it most certainly won't happen while you expect them to be children."

The initial view of Gabriel in the video was from his shoulders up. But now the camera was pulling back to reveal that he was leaning on the back of a couch. Behind him Marcie could see a brick wall and a fireplace. So the couch was facing the fireplace. The mantle was bare, so it appeared the identifying details were removed from the room. Still, it was clear to Marcie that this video was made in someone's living room.

When the video began, Marcie could tell he was wearing a white shirt, but now she could see all of it. It was a long-sleeve, white, silk shirt that was draped over his lean, yet hard frame. He wasn't some muscle-bound body-builder, yet there wasn't any mistake that this was the body of extreme physical power. The pants he wore appeared to be black leather.

"For the past week I have been trying to work with the authorities to come to some reasonable solution to this matter. It's now clear, though, that if the father is put on trial, it will really be my kingdom that will be tried, and that is not up for negotiation. We will not raise our children to accept the slavery you have all so willingly accepted."

He then stood up, and continued, "It appears our only course of action is to continue with the next phase that we have planned all along. To explain that, I need to cover what we are all about in the first place.

"Many people think that I named my kingdom after the Spartan people, but that isn't exactly true. The Spartans did have many admirable qualities. Like them, we consider ourselves to be great warriors. They also had some terrible qualities, such as they were slaveholders; slavery is an evil that harms the master as well as the slave.

"No. We aren't named after the people, but the after adjective. For the kingdom I established, I wanted our people to keep their focus off of the material world, and live Spartan lives. I didn't want them relying on all of the creature comforts our society offers. They are seductive, and can instill dependency. It's not that they can't have any comforts, I just require that they live a life that shows they can be happy and fulfilled without them.

"After all, Stone Age people lived a life filled with as much of the happiness and joy as the people in this day and age do. So all the whining, and anger, and sadness that people of this age express over the most trivial things, I find pathetic."

Gabriel started pacing slightly before the couch, and as he did so, the camera followed him to keep him in the center. "Others believed I started this kingdom as part of preparing for the 'Y2K' fiasco. Not at all. I did start my kingdom in 1999, and I did have my people prepare for a catastrophe associated with it, but more because of how I thought the general populace would react, and not because I believed any of the doomsday scenarios people came up with like banks failing and such."

He then stopped and looked back into the camera. "My problem is that I just don't have any faith in the citizens of this country anymore. I believe they are weak, and getting weaker with their continued dependency on the government to take care of them. The best evidence of this weakness is in the increasing numbers of our citizens that don't believe that this is the greatest country on the planet, and don't see this country as the greatest source of goodness and freedom for all of mankind."

Gabriel paused, leaned towards the camera, and said with a smirk, "I bet quite a few of you just snorted out of your nose whatever you were drinking when I said what I just did. Didn't ya?"

Leaning back and continuing more seriously, "You see, I have no faith in any people who have no faith in themselves. The more the citizens of this country do not believe this country is worth fighting for, the more likely it will be taken over by those who think it is. Just take a look at what is happening in Europe if you don't believe me.

"The best analogy I can give is what happened in the last presidential election. I am sure Hillary Clinton felt quite safe in running down the Bush administration, and believed what she was doing was setting herself up for an easy victory. Yet she hadn't counted on someone else coming along with more passion and conviction in his message, which caused her to lose what she thought was a sure thing.

"In the same manner, many liberals continue to run down this country by convincing as many people as possible how evil they believe it to be, and whether what they believe is true or not doesn't matter. What they refuse to believe is that convincing people that this country is not worth fighting and dying for, means surrendering it to those that do.

"As counter intuitive as this may sound, the only life worth living is a life worth dying for, and there are others quite prepared to die to see what they believe is right prevail. These people can't be reasoned with. They will not be quelled by being nice to them, nor will they accept anything other than your unconditional surrender.

"Do I really need to name them? Isn't the fact that I don't have to, mean anything to you?"

Gabriel leaned back against the couch again. "As such, I have been preparing the members of my kingdom for the time when we will have to retreat into a sanctuary to protect them from the inevitable surrender here that is already taking place in Europe. As overpopulated as you may think this country is, there are vast stretches of isolation that people committed to not being found can disappear into.

"My first reaction to the realization that no peaceful means was going to be found with the conflict over the police officers who were killed, was to initiate our evacuation to our sanctuary. Yet the longer I thought about it, the more it galled me to think about what I was actually doing. I was in effect, renouncing my citizenship in a country that I no longer believed existed.

"I know what you're thinking. Of all of the incomprehensible things I've said so far, what could I possibly mean by saying that this country no longer exists? Let me explain. President Reagan is famous for once saying 'I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me.'

"That's my attitude about this country. I believe that what it is now, was something never intended by our Founding Fathers. I would have accepted this transformation if those that caused the change had had the courage to say so, but they didn't. They want to pretend that there is a smooth lineage from 1776 to today, but there isn't. Our Founding Fathers would never have condoned what has happened to the country they began.

"How do I know this to be so? Easy, really. Many would say that it is our Constitution that defines our country, but it's not. The Constitution is only a collection of words, and as such, they only have the meaning that we believe them to have. People who talk about our Constitution as a living document are people who want to change the meaning of the words, without having to acknowledge that they are changing the Constitution itself. The only way to have a constitution that protects the rights of its citizens, is to pay attention to what the meaning of it was when it was made into law."

Gabriel looked down at his feet, and then said as an aside, "I am reminded of what I heard someone describe a law as. It is nothing but a football put into play by politicians, so that lawyers and judges can derive whatever meaning they can get away with. The original intention of the law is quite meaningless to them."

perl10
perl10
60 Followers