Slut Wife Pt. 01: Taking Care of Business

Story Info
Turned too easily.
9.9k words
4.38
76.3k
51
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
policywank
policywank
1,230 Followers

Carol looked at herself in the mirror. It had been eight years since she was able to fit into a size 8 outfit and now she looked good in it. Really good.

But that was small consolation. She was dreading the day ahead and she didn't much expect tomorrow to be different. She would have liked to blame her predicament on her husband Brad but deep down she knew she knew it wasn't his fault at least no more than her own. Meanwhile the fact that he couldn't fix it was eroding her respect for him. She felt bad for feeling that way but she couldn't turn it off.

Carol had always regarded herself as a strong woman. She saw herself as the one who "wore the pants" in her marriage. She was raised to believe that she got that characteristic from her mother. But it was all a sham and what she had inherited was the art of self delusion. Carol's mom was a bossy nagging wife who manipulated every situation to portray herself as a decisive leader. The truth is she had never worked a day in her life and it was only due to the stable life provided by her father that her mother was able to indulge her distorted self image. He was a hard-working mid-level civil servant who had put in his 30 years and taken retirement with a generous pension plan. He was milquetoast and let his wife be a blowhard in exchange for peace and quiet.

Carol had married a man just like him. But for Carol and Brad's generation there was no lifetime employment and no defined benefit pension plan. Five years into their marriage at the age of 30 they bought a franchise hardware store in the mid-west.

It was hard work but they made a go of it. Well... Brad made a go of it. The customers and the staff liked him. Within 5 years the business was making them a decent living. That was never enough for Carol. All she saw was what others had and the way things "ought" to be. She was like her mother, constantly meddling and criticizing while disclaiming responsibility for anything that didn't go right. It is a lot easier to opine on how things should be when you aren't the one that has to make it happen.

Nevertheless the business kept on humming along until just before her 38th birthday. After the big franchisee conference in Chicago, Carol was absolutely convinced that they needed to expand the store. A month later she was totally convinced that an acquaintance was the right contractor to do the job. She knew nothing about contracting but he was rich and bold and his wife was a stylish socialite so they must be good. Emulating and kissing up to successful people was what Carol had been taught passed for decisiveness.

Right around that time Carol's libido kicked into high gear. There didn't seem to be any particular reason aside from age. Until then she'd had limited interest in sex. Brad was hardly a sexual dynamo but even his modest desires had previously gone largely unfulfilled. As bad luck would have it, just as she was coming into the desire to mount everything that moved Brad was immersed in managing their construction project and her sexual needs were going unfulfilled. That the expansion was her idea did not allay her frustration with or criticism of him one bit.

Then disaster struck. During that winter the concrete slab for the new addition heaved and buckled with the frost. The contractor denied responsibility. Payments stopped. Progress stopped. And the whole situation bogged downing in acrimony. For 18 months Brad was up to his eyeballs 14 hours a day trying to keep the business going. The expansion sat unfinished. Carol took our her frustration and anxieties at the gym.

That is why she was down to a size 8. Carol was 5'8" with brown curly hair and now down to 140 lbs. She had never been tiny. She was naturally voluptuous. Now at 40 years old she had returned to her 25 year old fitness level - a vision of curvy MILF sex appeal.

Carol was trying to be strong. She was trying to be defiant. She wanted to be the one that "wore the pants". Brad had gotten nowhere with the contractor. He was outgunned and far too nice. Carol had insisted on coming to the last meeting. With the unsubstantiated arrogance she had inherited from her mother she imagined that she was going to set things straight. She got nowhere. The contractor ran roughshod over her and the self-righteous posturing and empty threats that worked on Brad and her father had no effect whatsoever. Carol and Brad both left the meeting humiliated and defeated. Her self image as a woman who would be in control as soon as she chose to be was shattered.

With nowhere left to turn, Brad reached out to the people at the franchisor's head office to help with financing the cost of fixing the problems. In response, Rudy - the chief operating officer and one of the founder's sons - set up a meeting with the contractor, Brad and Carol.

That meeting was an hour away when Carol was looking at herself in the mirror. She wore a knee length pencil skirt, tapered blouse and jacket. Underneath was a white lacy bra and matching panties. She wasn't trying to look or feel sexy. The bra was what worked best with the blouse and projected a sophisticated professional look. With D cup breasts and full hips it is always a balance to appear business like to men...an unfortunate and sexist reality but reality nonetheless...especially dealing with blue collar small town businesses. The only real option was to embrace her femininity. No pantsuit or baggy outfit would cover what Carol had and would just made it look like she was trying too hard.

But Carol wasn't thinking about her figure. Mostly what she saw in the mirror was a fraud. She desperately wanted to not go to the meeting. She didn't want to face the situation. She didn't want to see Brad grovelling and pleading to no effect and major embarrassment. She didn't want to be reminded that she wasn't the decisive leader she no longer believed herself to be. She didn't want to be embarrassed in front of a man who was effectively their boss's, boss's boss. At best Rudy would save them from themselves. Could he even help? Would he help? Would he lose confidence in them? Would they lose their franchise?

It seemed almost too much to take in. She wasn't the woman she thought she was. Their business was on the ropes. Her respect and attraction for her husband had waned. And she was sexually frustrated. She wasn't blaming anyone else for her predicament and she felt guilty for her actions and selfish attitude (after all it wasn't just 'her' predicament and she knew it).

But she really wished she could just step outside of herself and be the pretty submissive wife of a strong man. Brad was exactly the man that he always represented himself to be. It was Carol who had changed her mind about what she wanted.

...

Twenty minutes later Carol was at the store. As she pulled into the parking lot in their SUV she saw the unfinished building addition, a visual she had come to loath. A burly man was inspecting the edge of the concrete slab closely. She had seen Rudy a few times at the annual franchisee conference and although he was squating with his back to her she figured it was him.

Ten minutes later she was in the meeting room - really just a large basic table for eight in a nondescript room off of their modest office on the second floor of the store's warehouse. There were three doors in this room. One led to Brad's office. One led to her smaller office. And the last connected to the open office area where three of their staff managed the basic administrative functions - inventory, receivables, payables, etc.

Carol stepped out into the open office area just as Rudy entered with Brad. The rest of the staff weren't there yet. Rudy had a calm air of confidence about him. The crisis that had her and Brad almost trembling with anxiety was just another day for him. Was it because this wasn't his problem or he had it all under control?

He was an average looking man but he was 6'2" and thick in all of his dimensions - not fat except for a modest belly on what she figured was his 50-55 year old frame. He just seemed sturdy in all aspects of his bearing.

"Hi Carol, how are you? We missed you at last year's conference."

She was caught off guard. Carol wasn't even sure if Rudy would remember her. She had missed last year's conference - Brad went alone as she couldn't quite face it while embroiled with there local fiasco. Oh well, he had checked his records or Brad had told. She appreciated his attempt to connect.

But then he continued. "You may not remember me well but I think I first met you at the inventory management workshop way back in 2010."

He was exactly correct and evidently his memory was clearer than hers.

"Um, I think you are right. Nice to see you again Rudy."

"You too Carol." He stepped forward and gave her a gentle embrace and kiss on both cheeks, just the way the Italians do it. His last name was Giancarlo. "It looks like you have been hitting the gym. You look fantastic."

She was floored that he noticed but before she could react Rudy turned to business.

"What time does the office staff arrive?"

"In an hour and 1/2 at 9:00 o'clock. When the store opens." Answered Brad.

"Perfect. We will be wrapped up by then I expect but if not it means things are rockier and having them here will take the edge off. Listen, you two just relax. We are going to get this sorted out. I just need you to follow my lead. I might give these guys a bit of a rough ride but we are going to get where we need to go. Ok?" He said with absolute authority and looking to each of them just to be sure they could stay steady.

"Ok." They both responded hopefully.

"Great. Now I need your office for about 15 minutes to make some calls Brad."

"Yes. Of course."

"Now when they get here Carol I want you in your office with the door closed. And Brad I want you to bring them into the meeting room. Is this it?" He asked motioning to the room Carol had just exited.

"Yes."

"Ok. Brad you bring them in, seat them then tell them you are leaving to get me and Carol."

"Now Carol you are going to come in before me. You are the secret weapon." Rudy walked over to her. "A beautiful woman in the room always takes the temperature down. Even the most aggressive man will check his attitude. You will walk in first and offer them coffee or water. Nothing else. Understand?"

"Yes." She nodded flushed and flattered.

Brad glanced at her. Such a suggestion would normally set-off some diatribe about her role as woman but she fell right into line. He was relieved yet slightly emasculated at the same time - she could never have accepted that instruction from him.

Then Rudy reached out and undid two buttons on her blouse revealing her ample cleavage while she was nodding and saying "yes".

Carol sensed Brad emotions. At the same time she was torn between her resistance to being a sex object and her inclination to defer to a strong and authoritative man. A rush washed over her as his powerful hands grazed her breast and unbuttoned her blouse.

"Take off your jacket too please Carol." As she did so her breasts naturally thrust forward.

Rudy smiled at her then went into Brad's office. Carol and Brad looked at each other. It was surreal. They both felt the sense of Rudy's superiority as he seized control of the situation, Brad's office and even his wife. Brad figured Carol wouldn't like Rudy so he was mainly happy that she was playing along. But Carol was still feeling the powerful rush of Rudy's presence...the type of man she had been dreaming of a short time earlier...and he was right here and clearly in charge. Somehow Carol gave herself a pass while judging Brad less of a man for allowing all this to transpire with acquiescence.

Her excitement was utterly inappropriate not just because she was married but because they had important business. She felt like her emotions were transparent but Rudy was gone and Brad was too pre-occupied with the crisis at hand to notice her flush with excitement. Or if he had he must have mistaken it for embarrassment.

Everybody played their appointed role. The builder Tom arrived with his brother Jim and they were shown into the meeting room. They were both arrogant and aggressive men in the late 30's. Just like Rudy said, having Carol come in to the room put them on good behaviour, although they looked at her curvaceous body like she way prey. Carol felt completely vulnerable and Brad's presence didn't help. As she went to fetch coffees Rudy entered and when she returned the tenor had changed completely.

Now Rudy was the predator and they were the prey. Evidently the introductions had already occurred and Rudy was at the head of the table carefully laying out some papers while the others waited for him. The tension was palpable. They all knew he was taking his sweet time for greater effect but it was effective nonetheless.

"Gentlemen, you have a problem. I have looked at the work on the new addition and the slab was not properly insulated."

"It was done according to the engineer's specifications. And he signed off on it."

"Un huh. Well according to your contract with Brad and Carol this was a design build contract. Is that correct?"

"Yes but they paid the engineer directly."

"I see. So you do understand that there was a problem with the engineering?"

"I didn't say that."

Rudy just smiled as he went for the kill. "But payment terms aside they contracted with you and you contracted with the engineer so you are responsible for the engineer's performance."

"I already told Brad that he took over that chain of responsibility when he agreed to pay the engineer directly and he accepted that."

"I see. Except that is simply not true as a legal matter. So do you have any written proof that Brad or Carol assumed your liability in relation to the engineer."

"No, but he agreed..."

"Oh let's not get into who agreed what Tom since we are the ones looking at defective work and you are the one who was hired to know what they are doing. You do recognize that the work is defective right? I assume heaved slabs are not acceptable under local building codes or engineering standards."

"I don't know what you mean." Tom said arrogantly.

"I mean you know it is fucked up and you know it is your fault." Rudy shot back. "All this nonsense is about whose fault that is. You are trying to blame the engineer and make that our problem but you know fucking well that Brad and Carol didn't tell you to not insulate the slab properly don't you."

"Listen the problem is with the engineer. You should take it up with them."

"No I don't think so. See you hired the engineer under a design build contract. And hmmm my information says he is your brother-in-law. And it was only after the slab heaved that you weaselled Brad into paying him directly, which as I said does not remove you from the chain of liability in any way."

"I have an inspection report from the engineer certifying that we built it as designed."

"Yes I see that. It is unfortunate that you hired an incompetent engineer. But the liability is yours and if you have a claim against him it is up to you to collect it."

"We disagree on..."

"Listen gentlemen it isn't optional to just disagree with provable legal facts."

"Well I guess we will just have to sort that out in court." Answered Jim with an arrogant smirk.

"Hmm. Do you think? I hope you have enough resources to fight multiple legal battles at once."

"We have plenty of resources. What other trumped up bullshit do you intend to sue us for." Said Jim now taking the same threatening tone he had used to run roughshod over Carol.

"Oh not me. Your leasing company. And Baker Enterprises."

Tom's face went white. "What do you mean?"

"You lease all of your equipment from Acme Leasing out of Chicago. I have a good buddy over there who tells me that you agreed to a rather silly provision in your lease. Do you know that they can cancel the lease and repossess all of your equipment if there is legal action pending against you or any claims made on those assets?"

"There is no such legitimate claim."

"The funny thing is the claim doesn't have to be legitimate or successful it just has to be filed in a court of law. And 'my buddy' is the CEO. I just got off the phone with him and he assures me that as soon as I file this notice of claim he will start the repossession." Rudy said as he put his hand on a file folder.

"You greasy fucker."

"On the contrary you are the greasy fuckers trying to weasel out of work you know to be defective. Now I know you need that equipment to complete a very large contract for Baker Enterprises. John Baker tells me that you are subject to some very stiff penalties if you are late on that project and he isn't the type of guy you want to fuck around with. I predict a lot of lawsuits and not much money to pay for lawyers when I take all of your equipment.

"This is blackmail."

"I prefer to call it justice. And if you want to be fair all you have to do is fix your fuck ups. Now."

"Listen I am sure there is some way we can settle."

"Actually no. I am done with you two. You need to call Daddy and get him down here."

"I am not going to..."

"Now. Or you will be shut down by noon tomorrow."

Tom and Jim stormed out after some more swearing. Then Rudy went back into Brad's office and made a few more calls while Brad and Carol waited nervously. By 10:00 an older gentlemen they recognized as the owner of the contracting company showed up clearly agitated. Rudy met him outside and they reviewed the site together. 45 minutes later Tom and Jim were gone and the older man came into the building.

"Brad, Carol I am sorry for this fiasco and for the way the boys treated you. They fucked up, please excuse my language he said looking at Carol fighting not to look at her cleavage. In the process of trying to play hardball they forgot to be fair. We will make it right."

"I appreciate you owning up to this Bill but I need to know when and how. This has already waited too long." Said Rudy.

"I need some time to sort that out."

"Listen Bill I already talked to John Baker. He will give you a week's grace on the other project if and only if you have a concrete cutter and heavy equipment here to remove all the defective work tomorrow morning. I need to get back to Chicago and I am not going until I can see that this is squared away."

"Ok Rudy."

"Now I also understand that Brad and Carol have already paid for a 50% draw on this building and even without the mistakes you know damn well it isn't at 50%. The way I figure it this was a $300,000 build. You have $150,000 already, you owe these folks $75,000 for costs and grief. And given the history you shouldn't be looking for the last $75,000 until this is all done. So we aren't going to be having any payment discussions until this is all done, understand. If it is done right you have my word that you will get the last $75,000."

"Yes I understand. "

"And Bill I want to see you on this. Family is family so I am not going to say anything bad about your boys but they aren't welcome here anymore."

"Ok."

Rudy walked out with Bill to the parking lot.

"Listen Bill I know I was rough on the boys, but I hope we can all manage to keep this civil."

"We will Rudy. They are my sons and I love them but they were in the wrong. This isn't the way we do businesses. I am sorry you felt the need to come down hard on them but I understand it. I will see this through myself and if there are any hiccups please come straight to me."

"Will do."

The men shook hands and Bill left.

When Rudy returned to the meeting room Carol and Brad were in a state of stunned euphoria.

"Thank you so much." Enthused Brad as he shook Rudy's hand.

"You are welcome."

Carol wrapped her arms around him and gave him a big hug and a kiss on both cheeks as she thanked him profusely. Rudy was still holding on to Carol's waist when Brad suggested they take an early lunch to celebrate.

policywank
policywank
1,230 Followers