Smithfield Don, You're History

Story Info
It's never too late for revenge, so watch out dad.
9.7k words
4.41
26.4k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1

Spring was bursting forth in great beauty on Kentland Farm that had been in Don ownership for eleven generations and the current owner – a grumpy attorney well-known in Boston – was the fifth Don going by the name of Smithfield. One of the many first sons bypassing the ridiculous name of Springfield had been named Donald Don, known as Don Don. He was the current landowner's late father.

Smithfield Don had a number of loves, mostly other men's wives or daughters but his most significant loves were his love of law, the love of his land and the fine horses that graced it's pastures and stables and Amelia, his daughter who reminded him almost much too much of his late wife Elizabeth, who one day unfortunately arrived home unexpectedly.

Elizabeth had found Smithfield between the legs of socialite Mrs James Benrow. Smithfield's upset wife went into her dressing room and returning with her handgun placed the barrel behind Alice Benrow's ear and killed her. With Smithfield still not reacting, she dispatched herself, covering her adulterer husband with her blood.

Amelia was fourteen, at boarding school at the time of the tragedy. She was brought home for the funeral and then sent to her aunt and uncle in Kent, England and now, ten years later and possessing a MBA, was returning home for the first time since her beloved mother's burial.

"Hello father," she said at Logan Airport. Smithfield had been studying a pretty woman in blue.

"Oh heavens, Elizabeth. How lovely to see you again," he said, taking her by the arms and kissing her just to the right of her mouth.

"It's Amelia."

"I know dear, your are my dau...oh god, I called you Elizabeth."

"Early senility daddy?"

It wouldn't go down as one of the most fascinating reunions between a father and his daughter. Amelia was appalled. She'd prepared herself to remain a little distant, to be in not hurry to bridge the gap and her tactical approach had proven unnecessary. Simply by calling her by her mother's name her father had deepened the gulf between them. That suited her fine.

"A good flight?"

"Being my first flight in ten years I have nothing to compare it with."

Smithfield did a double take, as if wondering why she was touchy.

"Boston is a great sight from the air, isn't it?"

"We approached through very low cloud that cleared at only about three hundred feet, according to what the co-pilot had said earlier.

"Oh, what a shame."

"Yes it's my home city."

"I'm glad you a back," Smithfield said kindly.

"So am I."

"And you glad to be reunited with me?"

Amelia decided to be courteous. "Not particularly."

Smithfield's mouth tightened. He offered to wheel Amelia's luggage trolley but she said no thanks. He then noticed Amelia was walking half a pace ahead of him so caught up and placed a hand on the trolley. Amelia let go of it, stepping to the side and then continuing to walk at his space. Smithfield's face appeared to be reddening.

Amelia Don felt nauseated, being so physically close to her father, although knowing she had to get used to it for a time. Smithfield had attended her graduation in London and had pestered her to come home and live with him. She baulked and he worked on his sister-in-law and husband and they persuaded Amelia to go on six month's trial. She agreed to go after completing professional examinations for registration as a financial advisor.

She now looked at the balding potbellied man she planned to kill. Only she didn't have a plan yet. She wanted a death that appeared accidental, leaving her in the clear to sell Kentland Farm with its horrible memories and to begin her own life.

Amelia's father knew virtually nothing about farming; he wasn't interested. But he knew almost everything there was to know about horses and needed a farm to stable and breed his fine line of horses and have them trained for equestrian events before on-selling them. The remainder of the 325-acre farm not required for horses was left to a manager to farm. The manager was Tom Richards. Amelia and Tom had grown up together as Tom's father Jock had been the farm manager and now lived in retirement with Tom and Lisa.

"Tom asks about you almost every day since I told him you were coming home."

At last her father had said something of interest to her.

"Ah, Tom Richards. We started at pre-school within three weeks of each other and continued through school until...until I went away."

"Yes, always a good thinker and a good worker who seems to thrive on responsibility. I have women looking after the horses and the stables. Tom is in charge of everything else. He has a penchant for dairy cattle so we breed them, keep only the females and sell them at auction as in-calf heifers. Our name for quality milkers is known far and wide."

"All because of Tom?"

"Well I am always listed as owner and I supervise of course."

"Of course."

Amelia was delighted...a plan was rushing to take basic shape in her head. She'd thought up fifty ways of killing her father and had settled on going far out to sea with him in a boat and then pushing him overboard and coming back to shore at speed to report him missing. But as soon as she thought of that she had to jettison it; her father couldn't stand small boats so almost certainly wouldn't go out with her. Her mother used to take her out in hired boats fishing, not her father.

"What breed of cattle?"

"Jersey."

Amelia smiled, unable to believe her luck. Jersey! At that point the plan began to evolve in detail.

The big black Mercedes was parked in a two-minute maximum stopping area. A traffic warden hovered, too reluctant to ticket or have towed away such an expensive vehicle associated with VIPs. As Smithfield opened the trunk by remote the warden walked away looking for some little people to squash.

"Do you want to drive?"

"No thank you. I prefer not to drive ostentatious cars."

Smithfield scowled.

The large house had been extensively renovated. Smithfield took his daughter on a tour and his bedroom was now at the opposite end on the upper floor. He pointed to the door where the murder-suicide had taken place and said, "That area is now for storage – I don't like entering it."

Hiding deep revulsion, Amelia said passively, "So you have a woman here?"

"Yes, I always have company. Ella wanted you settled in before meeting you. She is staying with her parents up in Maine."

"Is she your wife?"

"No, they are called partners."

"They?"

"Um, one at a time and usually they stay twelve to eighteen months before finally realizing what I meant that marriage was not an option with me. Ella has been here almost three months. I don't think she really likes me."

"She sounds intelligent."

Smithfield opened his mouth to retort but closed it when his daughter said smoothly, "In deciding not to be here when I arrived."

"Oh yes, a very smart gold-digger I can say with confidence."

Amelia smiled, already liking Ella better than her father although she had yet to meet the woman.

"I have a live-in cook. She will cook anything you wish. We've already eaten lunch."

Ah, a resident fuck for when darling daddy was between partners. "Thank you, a tomato and chopped bacon omelet and coffee would be nice."

"Order it yourself. She'll be waiting for you in the kitchen."

"Oh thank you daddy," Amelia answered with just the lightest of sarcasm. "Where do I sleep?"

"Suit yourself. You won't recognize your old bedroom. There are six rooms to choose from."

"Then carry up my luggage and put them into a room that catches the morning sun."

"I'm not..."

"Please daddy."

He went down the stairs ahead of her at pace as if to give the impression he was athletic and fit. She imagined him puffing, lifting out the luggage. Oooh goody, a heart attack but not immediate death, lingering death."

He bounced into with two bags grinning. "I play squash three times a week and swim a mile twice a week. You'll be pleased your daddy is keeping himself fit."

Amelia thought darkly well even fit people have heart attacks, have cancer and brain tumors and or get hit by trains on crossings. Prepare to die daddy. Amelia considered herself as her mother's daughter, not her father's daughter – well she looked rather like her mother rather than that pig. That's why she saw herself as the person to organize his execution.

A rosy-cheeked woman of perhaps twenty-two holding a baby in the kitchen smiled at her. "Hi Miss Don. I'm Annie and this is Jimmy. Do I call you Miss Don or do you have another preference?"

"Yes, please call me Amelia. Let me hold Jimmy while you get me a tomato and bacon omelet. Is wee Jimmy here Tom Richard's son?"

Annie turned crimson. "I do look at Tom, he's such a perfect specimen. But no I went through a randy patch and had no idea who the father was."

"Oh, what a shame. But you are well set up here until something else turns up. Does my father ever sleep with you?"

The blush came again. "Yes Miss Don."

"Amelia."

"Yes Amelia. But only when he has no one upstairs; he's very loyal to his partner."

"So you believe Annie," said Amelia, holding out her arms to take Jimmy. She told Annie to relax, she was used to holding babies.

Amelia spent the time learning about her father's routines. It appeared his law firm was ticking over nicely and he took considerable time off because Miss Ella liked to shop and travel.

"Is Ella lovely."

"I'd rather not say."

"I don't mean to you, I meant with my father."

"You're wanting me to be honest with you, aren't you?"

"Yes and anything you say will be confidential Annie."

"She hates him and shows it but he doesn't seem to care. He just wants one thing from her and she's as randy as a cat on heat and screams, not only when she climaxes but also I would think as soon as he put it in. I thought I was a sex machine but I think I'm a go-kart and she's Formula One. She sometimes grabs him on the stairs and fucks him."

"Oh god, how revolting."

They laughed.

"You are a breath of fresh air Amelia."

"Are you able to entertain a young man?"

"Yes I'm encouraged to do that. Your father is keen for me to stay."

"I bet. Look, if you play straight with me and remain considerate I'm prepared to baby-sit Jimmy to allow you to get out for a few hours. You have to maintain a good social life and I imagine your parent's don't want to know you."

"How did you know that?"

"You'd be living with them, that's why."

"You're brainy like your father. Oh Amelia, I'd love it if I could have spells away from here. I feel I can trust you with Jimmy."

"Thank you. I'd have a total of twelve hours a week would be my limit and on each Monday morning any hours from the previous week not used are wiped off the board and we start with another twelve hours for that week. Use the menu blackboard over there."

"Oh thank you thank you. Why are you doing this?"

"I want you to find a life away from here, to find a man who will be good to you and good to Jimmy."

"I don't fancy my chances of doing that."

"Well believe me, your chances will be much improved when are you not sitting around here. Tell any guy from the outset you have a baby Annie. Let the ones who are scared shitless by that admission walk away."

"But no one will want to date me."

"Annie, I've had friends in England with unexpected babies and they've found guys. Some guys even have a desire to suck mother's milk."

"Oh god. Do they?"

"Yes, and some go gooey over little babies, especially if they had a much younger sibling."

"Oh, I didn't know that."

"Be my guest. My omelet Annie."

"Oh yes. Oh look, Jimmy's gone to sleep."

"He knows he's safe with me Annie. I really must do something with your hair and get you into more stylish clothes."

They heard a farm ATV arrive. Annie said, "That will be Tom; he knows you are coming today."

A guy with dark hair and brown eyes, looking a bit like someone Amelia remembered burst into the room, slapped Annie on the butt and strode over to her. She'd known as a young teenager Tom was odd-person out with his two bothers, he being dark and his brothers being blond. In that instance she knew her father had gotten between his mother's thighs.

"Hello Tommo," Amelia said, not worried about his parentage and slipping into her customary way of greeting him. All through school Amelia had been the only one permitted to call Tom Tommo without him either flaying out or sulking.

"Y-you're beautiful."

"Her wonderful figure is obscured by little Jimmy."

"Kiss me Tommo, we're not strangers," Amelia said and held up her lips. Tom, her age of twenty-four, hesitated than then sunk his lips on to hers in just the sweetest of kisses. Amelia felt the great urge to rush him off to a bedroom.

He'd just straightened up when Smithfield entered and sized up the situation. "What are you doing in here Tom and why are your holding Annie's baby?"

"Tom is free to visit me in this house whenever he likes father and this is a dear wee baby and I think I'll be a second mother to little Jimmy. Do you understand father or are we into a fight about this?"

The aggression startled her father. He blinked and sat at the table. "Join us Tom. Coffee Annie."

"Coffee PLEASE Annie."

Smithfield didn't bother to look at his daughter. He just corrected himself and said, "Coffee for everyone please Annie."

Somehow two hours just went during which time Jimmy woke; Annie went to leave the room to feed him but Amelia said, "Feed him here at the table Annie. These two guys would have seen more bare breasts than you'll ever see."

"Mr Don?"

Smithfield nodded that it was okay. He and Tom seemed fascinated to watch the wee child and its mother stare at each other and the softness such unification seemed to create.

The talk was mostly about Amelia...about her life in England...how she coped with living away from home...her university life...her girlfriends and boyfriends and what her interests were.

"Well you'll get as much horse-riding as you want here," said her father. "We also have a full jumping arena and a permanent and adjustable cross-country course of fifteen jumps that we use for training. You will be able to find your own level of expertise. I still ride every week. I'll take you to the stables in the morning and introduce you to everyone."

"Thanks," Amelia said, having no reason why she shouldn't remain basically courteous to her father despite planning to engineer his death.

"What time do you begin your rounds each day Tommo?"

"From 10:00. When it's calving I bring the pre-calvers into the barns so attend to them first and to any sick animals. I check the water pumps and the steam flows and then administer feed supplements of medicines as prescribed by the vets for off-color livestock including the horses if it's tablets as they're pretty hard for the girls to administer. Then it's home for a quickie – her grinned – I mean coffee and then go on my bike to do my rounds."

"Is there a spare bike for me?"

"Smithfield?"

"Yes Tom, she can use mine. Christ, look at the time. I have a meeting in twenty minutes."

Tom also left. Annie took Amelia's empty plate and then returned to take Jimmy who was asleep again. "Thanks, you are so good with him. I notice you are not afraid of your father."

"Why should I be?"

"Well almost everyone else is, but not Tom or Ella."

"Are you afraid of your father Annie?"

"Yes, and my mother."

"Have they every hit you?"

"Not for years. But I feel dominated by them."

"Well, that's something I can teach you – it's called self-assertion. The problem is if I teach you it too successfully they'll want to hit you, finding nothing else works."

"Is that a joke?"

"Well, almost. If you keep in contact with them while being coached by me the chance should come about without them scarcely noticing until it's too late."

"I'd like that. I still can't believe you are being so nice to me. I thought you'd be like Ella."

"Oh, it sounds like Ella needs sorting out."

Annie looked horrified and told Amelia she didn't want her to get into trouble with Ella over her.

"I think all people need to exercise good manner Annie. Ella will get to know that. When I was a young university student I earned extra money for babysitting, having to cope with unruly kids and dads intent on patting my ass. I earned the name super-bitch nanny and mothers began saying their kids were always better behaved after I'd had a stint with them. I just had them acting as I'd behaved as a kid and would except my kids to behave."

"Ella's grown up as a spoilt brat."

"Ah, all the better. They have a point where they crumble and dissolve into tears and know they are beaten."

Smithfield bought in coffee to Amelia at 5:45 and said, "You have seven minutes to get dressed and be outside. If we are not down at the stables before 5:55 the girls will be setting off exercising the horses."

They got there in time for Smithfield to introduce his daughter to Bethany Webb, Harriet Davies, Holly Harrison and Naomi Ward. The older Bethany who was in charge stayed behind to talk to Amelia while Smithfield went back to breakfast and off to an early meeting.

"Do you ride Amelia?"

"Yes Mrs Webb."

"Oh come on, we are very relaxed around here."

"Thank you Bethany. May I ride with you now?"

"Yes of course, something rather quiet or a gelding with a bit of passion."

"The gelding."

"Very well, but hold Banjo when he sees me on Sierra jumping. He is really keen."

"Then I'll take the jumps too if that's okay."

"It is for Banjo but what about you?"

"I was eventing for five years although not much for the past two."

Bethany said to take no risks, to pull out if uncertain because Banjo was a $9000 horse. "Sierra, our best mare would probably fetch $45,000 at auction."

"So daddy has money tied up in this operation?"

"Does he what! He paid more than $200,000 each for two of the stallions. I virtually have an open check book but what this operation costs we would average about eight times at horse sales, mostly private sales to buyers within 100 miles of here and on top of that goes Sierra's colt or filly, sometimes fetching $20,000-plus."

"Wow, and yet your jump her?"

"She was born to jump and pines for that exercise if she's not taken out. Our top stallion imported from Ireland covers her; Lord Rosslare who we call The Bastard, because he is bad tempered and sometimes nips us. He bites the crap out of Sierra but she's a fast healer. I forbid anyone else to ride her, even your father, and of course she is out of action when she begins to put on weight when in foal. You ride well and jump well."

"Thank you. Dad said you were years on the national eventing circuit."

"Yes but surprisingly this gives me more satisfaction. You father allows me to run this operation as if it were my own. That's an almost impossible dream come true for me."

"Does my father...you know."

"Darling, how quaint of you to ask and how flattering. No I'm not far short of his age. He runs with the fillies. Come, let's ride across a couple of pastures to where some of our brood mares are. These ones are quiet and visitors ride them.

They rode to the fence of that pasture and leaned over the gate.

"I don't want to upset you Amelia, I arrived just after it happened..."

"Oh god, mom's horse."

"How on earth did you know I was about to say that?"

"Because of the way you came into it gently and what you said."

"Well, there are seven of them. Which one?"

"That dun. Gosh she's the tallest of them. I remember her. She was a four-year-old I think, and skitterish. Mom wouldn't allow me to ride her. I've forgotten what's her name?"

"Santa Ana."

"Bethany..."

"Yes dear, I'll get Harriet to bring her in and we'll keep her in the pasture behind the stables for as long as you stay here. Just call us when you want her saddled."