Smokey and The Merry Girls Pt. 03

Story Info
A look back at my first fifty lesbian characters one by one.
6.8k words
5.1k
3

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/11/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Smokey125
Smokey125
617 Followers

#22: MYRTLE (The Madwoman From Hell)
Full name: Myrtle Ursula Droiksbooth
Nickname/a.k.a.: Denise Singleton, Rosie Scarlet, Bette Butler, Tess Dunbar, Lara Zigley, Adrienne Turner, as well as a dozen or three additional pseudonyms she's used over the years
Born: Monday, June 3rd, 1968, Wembern County, Juniper
Residence: 1600 Hooper Street, Dunfair County, Juniper (past, and probable future), state women's penitentiary (present)
Occupation: formerly masquerading research and investigative scientist
Relationship status: single
Hair color: dark brown
Eye color: steely blue
Height: 5'8½"
Measurements: 36C-26-37
Fetishes/kinks: BDSM, electroshock, lezdom, torture/agony, vaginal punishment
Created: August 2014
First appearance: "Shelly-Shock" (as Adrienne Turner)
Also appears in: "Shelly-Shock II: Showdown" (as Adrienne Turner); "Erica Versus The House" (as Denise Singleton)

So as it happens, "Merry Girls" parts two and three open with ladies in the clink, both having been assigned sentences congruent with their crimes. First was Krysten from "Semi-Fresh Meat," whom we met already. Circumstances around this gal and her arrest are a bit different.

At the time Myrtle was born, she was lucky her flower children folks didn't name her "Freedom" or "Sunshine Star." They did, however, share an...unusual taste in children's names. Mr. and Mrs. Droiksbooth didn't so much consider the viewpoint of a little girl facing a harsh, cruel world. And they certainly didn't foresee their daughter growing up to become a harsh, cruel part of it. But such were the scars of life.

They didn't intentionally initial her "M.U.D.," either. Ursula was issued courtesy of one of her folks' favorite programs at the time, George Of The Jungle. Neither caught the coincidence until later. And how much harm could a child's mere name do her at any rate?

One day she came home in tears because some mean girls made terrible fun of it. Her parents felt sorry for her, of course, but she was already registered with the school, and they were hard at work raking in funds for her education, nourishment and leisure. After a couple days of being called Yertle the Turtle...Myrtle refused to go back. But even at her young age, she knew she wouldn't win that fight. As she and her peers grew, sadly, the ridicule only got worse. It seemed the girls in particular zeroed in on her as a target of mockery. Her parents' kind words and platitudes, though appreciated at home, offered no help when thrown back out to the proverbial lions day after day.

Luckily, she was a diligent, skilled student, and a sharp cookie. Not valedictorian-sharp, but good enough for acceptance into Denmore. Nearing 20, she made a decision. She entered college with a new name: Denise Singleton. Simple, easy to spell and pronounce, and gave no one cause to make merciless fun of her. And if anyone looked up her previous records...well, she'd deal with that when the time came.

Still, it wasn't enough. Emerging triumphant from a decade of harassment didn't erase the pain or humiliation. Getting mad did nil, and Myrtle/Denise deduced the solution was not to get mad, but to get even. She couldn't track down her tormentors from so many years ago, but she could join a sorority, and take out hostility on rushes by making things rough on them. She found relief hazing newbies as a Sigma Delta Psi sister, imagining that they were the very same girls who picked on her. That it was she who now dealt them such a hard time.

Alas, it still didn't suffice. Myrtle never knew what fueled the wrath of psychotics who killed or hurt others, but inadvertently found out. She got a science degree, built her own secret lab, and literally went mad. She had to keep getting even. The compulsions wouldn't stop. She went through a dozen false names to cordially lure in innocent young girls, and sadistically torture them, via the most excruciating, demonic scientific means feasible. Until one day she tortured a girl who remembered a little too much—a young thing named Shelly. Shelly and her boyfriend sought out the help of a detective, who only all together could track and take down Myrtle. And so she now resides in the state women's prison...where coming in to announce that there was a new queen bitch, she found, was a tough act to back up.

*****

#23: CATHRYN (The Additional Adopted Angel)
Full name: Cathryn Athena Taylor
Nickname/a.k.a.: CAT, Cathy, Kitten
Born: Wednesday, December 14th, 1988, Sheffield, England
Residence: 100 Clockview Way, Commons County, Juniper (past), 12504 Morr Lane, Green Plains County, Juniper (present)
Occupation: domesticated sex kitten slave (formerly librarian at Juniper Library)
Relationship status: attached
Hair color: oaky brunette
Eye color: forest green
Height: 5'5"
Measurements: 35B-25-35
Fetishes/kinks: fantasy/roleplaying
Created: October 2014
First appearance: "Redefining Punishment...Again"

Another rare character born completely apart from Juniper—and in fact the entire U.S.—Cathryn is the lesbian cousin of Lucy Taylor, the also British and straight protagonist of "Nightmerrogation." Not such distant cousins, the two met up fairly frequently before their families decided to relocate to the States. Wishing to maintain proximity, they Poppin'd open their bumbershoots, flew over the pond and landed in America, where the bumbershoots now went by the silly name "umbrellas," and no longer enabled them to defy gravity.

Cathryn fostered an early love of reading, translating into a bit of a reputation as a quadruple-eyed teacher's pet, and a scholastic career rife with above-average marks. Clothing herself reflected a similar nature, involving lots of dresses, knee-highs and pigtails. She took some ribbing from classmates for her prim, proper little girl demeanor, but shrugged it off with ease. She'd more important matters to tend to.

When the Taylors jaunted over to the U.S. of A., Cath and Lucy were young teens. They went on hanging out, with one notable distinction surfacing. Lucy asked Cathryn when she'd start dating boys. Cathryn replied, "I...don't reckon I fancy boys, Lucy." Stymied how a teen girl couldn't like boys, and too young to know better, Lucy just thought Cathryn was confused, and would come around to her team eventually.

Cathryn, indeed, was soon to unearth her lesbianism. When she finally confirmed it at 16, she waited for a full family gathering and told everyone at once. Lucy found herself a bit disoriented by the news if she were completely honest, but regardless, Cath was her cousin and Lucy loved her. As their teens drew to a close they went away to school. Testing her extracurricular collegiate waters, Cathryn found another passion. She fell in love with the drama club, discovering how much she enjoyed acting, not to mention how good she was.

While a great hobby, no one would pay her to act in community theater. Holding on to her love of books, she lucked up with a position at the Juniper Library, a multistoried—pun intended—biblio-mecca in the business heart of Commons County. She shelved books, helped visitors locate them, checked them out, and hosted group readings. It was a lovely job that served noble literary purpose, but would not define Cathryn as a person. For this, Cathryn would be met with a new turning-point encounter, that would change her life forever.

One day, she exited the library to find a new friend. Imagine the surprise of 25-year-old Cathryn to see the sexiest mature specimen ever to grace her path...named Helen...announcing she'd like to "adopt" her. Cathryn already had a mother, but...there was just something about this elusive enchantress, that never captivated Cathryn in such an undefinable way. She beckoned Cathryn home with her, saying, "You'd be a welcome addition to my home; to the lives of myself and my other adopted daughter, Delilah." Sure enough, innocent Delilah fell heels over head in love with Cathryn. So much so, several nights later, she had a vivid dream incorporating all Cathryn's finest elements, the British libractress. The dream abruptly spun into an awful nightmare, but real life did not. Delilah couldn't be more relieved to awaken and find that everything was good again, that she could go on living happily ever after with her new extended family. And so could Cathryn.

*****

#24: CESSE (The Lost And Foundling)
Full name: Cecily Selena Helmsley
Nickname/a.k.a.: Cesse, Cessy, Cush
Born: Tuesday, February 26th, 1980, Andrewsville County, Juniper
Residence: 16730 Randall's View Terrace, Twelve Pines County, Juniper
Occupation: domestic house-girlfriend and nonprofit homeless shelter co-owner
Relationship status: attached
Hair color: chestnut brunette
Eye color: honey amber
Height: 5'6"
Measurements: 35/36C-27-36
Fetishes/kinks: BDSM, seduction, wine (she counts it)
Created: November 2014
First appearance: "Lost And Found"
Also appears in: "Lost And Found 1½: Miracles"; "Lost And Found 2: Where The Heart Is"

Ah, li'l ol' Cessy...dear sweet Cecily Helmsley, who charmed her way into the hearts of many when she found another lost waif—a dachshund pup—got it safely back to its owner, and managed in the process to live wealthily ever after. These events made for great fortune, not only for Cesse's future and romantic happiness but as well for her dossier in this retrospective. Without meeting Penny and being taken into her home, her "Residence" entry would be blank. For four months up until Thanksgiving, the unlucky girl was on the dole and the streets.

But to rewind to childhood: in 1985, Cesse and her parents Ken and Marianne lived at 519 Sequoia Avenue in the lush county of Green Plains. At 511 dwelled Tom and Ophie James, with a daughter Cessy's age named...you guessed it, Penelope. Cesse always carried with her sweet nostalgic memories at the Jameses', playing with the other little girl while their folks did...whatever. Little 5-year-old Cessy and Penny played hide-and-seek, chased each other around the house and yard, snuck into little corners and nooks, and had tickling scuffles and other escapades. When it was time for the Helmsleys to go home, they practically had to pry Cesse away.

Cesse performed well enough in school, though she tended to prioritize her friends and social life. She'd always been more gifted socially than academically. Graduating high school, she enrolled in Andrewsville Community College. Her scholastic performance did not reflect that of a Denmore alumnus, so with no dorm, she couldn't live on campus. Which wouldn't have been a problem...had Ken and Marianne survived, to look after her future. Heartbreakingly, Cessy lost her Dad to a heart attack at 15, and her Mom to pneumonia at 21. They were two of the hardest times in her life, but much as she'd rather have her folks back, she could go on supporting herself via her inheritance...for a few more years. She sank a lot of it into college, underestimating how tough courses would be. Two years of mediocre marks later, she dropped out. Luckily, rescue was come to by a company her friend worked for: First Parties. Just before birthday 24, Cesse came onboard.

Cessy loved First Parties. Her salary kept her head above water in a small apartment. Her flaw was the plastic in her purse. She charged like a madwoman, but remembering to pay it off was another story altogether. She didn't mean to keep neglecting it; it just happened. And she might've been able to get away with it, were it not for the spring of 2014, when First Parties ran into a major financial roadblock. It was akin to a boat crashing into a giant iceberg, catapulting dozens of laboring shipgoers overboard. A massive, company-wide layoff swept the departments, upending Cesse and dozens of fellow First Partiers to the curb. Cesse went home and called unemployment to file. However, she too encountered a roadblock, mired in credit debt to the tune of five figures. She abruptly realized she was in economy-size trouble.

Two mere months later, poor Cesse had everything taken from her—including her small apartment. No one could teach or prepare her for this. She'd have to learn as she went. There weren't a lot of rules, but there were few options as well. Until November, she was getting desperate, wondering how she'd make it through the brutal Minnesota winter on the way. Then...God bless him, along came Halloweenie.

*****

#25: JESS (The Crashing Potato)
Full name: Jessica Tina Day
Born: Friday, July 24th, 1992, Mooney County, Juniper
Residence: 440 South Charles Street, Apartment 203, Mooney County, Juniper
Occupation: customer service associate at Mrs. Fields Cookies in Juniper Mall
Relationship status: single
Hair color: canary blonde
Eye color: aquamarine
Height: 5'5"
Measurements: 34B-26-36
Fetishes/kinks: double penetration, scissoring
Created: December 2014
First appearance: "Don't Call ME..."

I don't normally repeat names, just out of originality, but in this case, we've two young lesbians named Jess. One is Step-Daughter Dearest Jessie Townsend, whom we met in "Merry Girls" part 2. The other here is Jess Day (the kid sister of Susan Day, whom we met in part 1).

This one's named for Zooey Deschanel in New Girl, and this Merry Girl takes a lot of teasing because of it, though she premiered 19 years before the show did, and though the two Jesses could hardly be more different. Natch, Susan enjoys watching New Girl, because she both likes it, and takes amusement in that it annoys her little sis and roommate. Susan may be clearly more mature and responsible, but never stops having fun messing with Jess. Besides, it was Jess who crashed on Susan's couch, so Susan laid down the rules early on. Jess was free to have a TV in her room if she liked. But while Susan was home and her favorite shows were on, the living room set was hers.

Our Jessica Day here has always been a fun-lover. Her Mom, Dad and big sis spoiled her, and though through no fault of her own, it reflected in how she grew up. She's very young, and it's still easy for her to view the world through her lazy-day glasses. Yet, Jess had the sense to see that when she graduated high school, like Susan, her folks would like her to find a job. She could go to college—which was exorbitant—and stay under their roof—which wasn't free either—but she was grown now, and had to accept some responsibility.

The Days and Susan helped her put together a résumé (not that it contained much). If Jess had to be honest, she wasn't in a rush to leap into the workforce, but realized the merit in making her own money. She could buy her own stuff. She liked this idea, and who could blame her? She understood employers were hesitant to take her on without experience or a degree, but everybody had to start somewhere. Surely someone had to roll the dice and give her a chance, even if these jobs were less than "desirable." They'd still result in cash in her pocket.

Her Dad Larry signed her up with an agency, knowing it would boost her chances. They began sending her on assignments, which excited Jess. Her first jobs! The problem was that they were (very) temporary, enabling her to rake in a few pennies, then sending her back home. Well, at least she had some experience. For her 2oth birthday, she obtained her first permanent job: Mrs. Fields. She'd be going to the mall almost every day—a more arduous feat when busier, but worth it for steady money. She liked the job, and decided to keep it. Her family was proud, and she got to take home all the unsold cookies and brownies she wanted. What a bonus, pricey as Mrs. Fields goodies were.

Simultaneously, living with her folks inevitably wore on her. Between the classic "I'm a grown woman, I can do what I want" and "as long as you're under our roof, young lady" arguments, Jess needed out. She knew Susan would take her in. She was right. Taking care of her lazybones sister wasn't extremely convenient, and neither was picking up after her, but Susan adored Jess. She'd do anything for her, and knew Jess would be there if she needed her. And she could afford it, even if rooming with Jess pulled the slack on her bank account. And deep down, Susan liked being the more successful, responsible sister. And she relished Jess needing her—which she still does.

*****

#26: PATTY (The Ringing Pitchwoman)
Full name: Patricia Esther Dimberg
Nickname/a.k.a.: Patty, Speed, Windmill
Born: Monday, March 30th, 1992, Andrewsville County, Juniper
Residence: 712 Staples Avenue, Andrewsville County, Juniper
Occupation: data entry clerk at Seven Seas Systems
Relationship status: single (but hopefully not for long)
Hair color: auburnt sienna
Eye color: baby soft blue
Height: 5'6½"
Measurements: 35/36B-25-36
Fetishes/kinks: fantasy/roleplaying, masturbation, phone sex, rape, vibrildo play
Created: December 2014
First appearance: "Don't Call ME..."
Also appears in: "Happy Endings VI: Seize The Moments Of Your Life"
Referenced in: "The Voxe: A Girl And Her Music"

Patty Dimberg: young, strong, sweet, pretty, emotional, wistful, passionate, hypersexual, and well-meaning...if a bit less than tactful.

Patricia—who prefers Patty, but will let you call her Patricia if you so desire—likes life. But whether life's wild about her is another story. She's certainly never run over life's dog, but is sometimes made to feel as if she has. Patty's very young, a sweetie, and troubled inside. She tends to let her emotions get the best of her, but tries never to show malevolence or malfeasance. At times, it gets to be anything but easy.

Patty's childhood wasn't too out of the ordinary, with the exception of being born with a bipolar-like condition, shifting her moods between anxiety and depression. Some days are better-balanced than others, thanks to her medication. But her moods, especially extremes, carry an extra intensity. Happy Patty is the happiest person on the planet. Sad Patty can absolutely shatter your heart. She had friends here and again, but acquired a "B.F.F." of sorts at fourteen: her (and millions of others') musical idol, Velette, the Voxe. Patty was among the legions of girls Velette helped realize were lesbians. Unfortunately, when Patty came out to her first person—the one who'd given birth to her—their year was less than made. Her Mom didn't mean to appear dismissive or unaccepting; Patty's news simply caught her off-guard.

Smokey125
Smokey125
617 Followers