So Night Follows Day Pt. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Helen shouted "Stop!" at the Ultimados as a command, when one pulled a camera and notepad from the man's pockets. Julie and I weren't sure why it became urgent at that point, but Troy seemed to know. I tried to remember to ask why later. They froze in place, and the man looked at them curiously, but retrieved his notebook and camera from one of them and started walking toward Helen. They looked stunned at the man who continued slowly, non-threateningly, walking toward her. Helen told the Ultimados to move, but let the man be.

"Contessa Helena de San Finzione?" He signed, once his possessions were returned to his pockets and his hands were free.

Helen nodded.

"I'm Tom Arnette with the Seattle Acquaintencer. Is this not the home of the artist Julie Equals?"

"Yes, it is, Tom." Helen signed back. "While you still remember that, how did you find me here?" A moment later, she signed "Forget I said that. How did you find me here?"

"I recognized Mrs. Equals from the shoes she wore to an art showing a couple months ago."

Helen swore under her breath. As we'd talked since, I'd found out that the "shoe plan" had been something she and Julie had cooked up during one of their "post-coital and still high-on-whatever" conversations during their Party Girl days, about how if one of them married someone rich and famous; for money or something, the two of them would still carry on behind that person's back. They hadn't discussed it much since then, especially since by the time it was actually needed, the one who was famous was a widow, and the other's husband was someone they both dearly loved, who positively encouraged, and played an active role in, their relationship. It apparently didn't cover the other of them also achieving some modest level of fame, and someone connecting the two of them that way.

"Who else did you tell you were coming here?" Helen signed to him.

"A couple guys back at the magazine." Tom signed back. Helen turned her head down Troy & Julie's street, and saw two news vans coming their way.

"Nessuna sparatoria!" Helen shouted to the Ultimados, running for Troy & Julie's door and ushering everyone inside. Tom started to follow them. Helen turned and signed "Not you, you stay out here" to Tom as she did.

"Helen?" Troy asked, as soon as we were all inside. "Why did you just tell the Ultimados 'No shooting?'"

"Because the day you've always feared so much that it's made me fear it too, has come, Troy. The media is here. My world IS about to come crashing down on your doorstep!"

12