Solace & Rosanna Ch. 02

Story Info
Romantic lesbian fiction.
1.7k words
4.5
10.2k
1
0

Part 2 of the 23 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 09/18/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alacia
Alacia
2 Followers

Rosanna had walked five blocks before she found herself stopping and slowly turning around to see if Sol was still standing there. Why? Why did she care? She didn’t. She let out a low moan. Solace had already gone. What did it matter? Mattie was expecting her for dinner and she definitely did not want to be late. That was another trait they shared—punctuality. Sol had not known the meaning of the word. Mattie was always ready when she was supposed to be. Never more would Rosanna have to wait by the bathroom door arms crossed over her chest, until Sol got it together, trying to work miracles with that wild mane of hair. That hair—so thick, so lovely! Stop it!

She had decided to walk to the California Pizza Kitchen where she was to meet Matilda. She was early. Why had she left so much time? Did she think she was going to speak longer with Solace? She had told Solace that she hadn’t had too much time. She had lied. When had she begun doing that? There were too many damned questions and not enough acceptable answers. She felt a headache coming on. Oh shit! Not now. She reached into her briefcase, pulled out a bottle of Advil and dry-swallowed three pills. Bad idea. The sweet tablets lodged in her throat like boulders. She tried to swallow, but it was impossible. She thought she was going to choke. She had to get something to drink. She spotted a deli across the street and ran for it.

In the small grocery store, she located a soda case and grabbed a can of Diet Coke, a particular weakness. Mattie shared her taste in beverages as well. What a breath of fresh air. Sol had always admonished her for her diet soda addiction decrying that it contained cancer-causing agents. Rosanna would always counter with that was how she kept her slim figure. She was standing at the checkout counter when a soft voice jolted her out of her thoughts.

“Rosanna? Ross Romero?”

Rosanna whirled around and found herself staring into a very familiar pair of eyes that belonged to her high school friend, Casey Deans.

“Casey?” Rosanna sputtered.

“It’s me. It’s good to see you. You look great!” Casey smiled and extended her hand. Rosanna did not have the chance to offer hers as the clerk impatiently chimed in. “One-fifty for the soda, please?”

“Oh, I’m sorry” Rosanna plunged her hands into her pockets for some coins, but came up empty. Ohmigod, she thought!. I don’t have any change. I never have change. What was I thinking? Mattie was right, I should always have at least two dollars in real money on me. She was right about so many things.

“One fifty, please, Miss.” The clerk was beginning to slide the soda back towards his side of the counter.

“No! Wait! I must have some change here somewhere!” Rosanna could feel herself beginning to blush from sheer mortification. Here she was the CEO of her company and she didn’t even have two damned dollars for a soda.

“Here.” said Casey, placing two dollars on the counter.

“No. Casey, please. You don’t have to do that.” I’ll—“ Rosanna stammered, remembering why she had needed the soda in the first place as her throat began to burn.

“I know I don’t have to do it. Obviously, I was sent here to be your guardian angel and help you out in a moment of sheer embarrassment, so just say thanks.” She delivered her last line with a lift of her right eyebrow as she collected her change and stepped aside for the next customer.

“Thank you, Casey. I’ll pay you back.” Rosanna said and smiled for the first time that day.

She remembered that Casey had always been a wise-ass, but that had been part of her charm. Thinking of Casey’s other charms would definitely get her in a lot of trouble right now.

“Well, if you’re bent on doing that you’ll just have to give me your e-mail address, home address, telephone numbers for your job and home because I always collect my debts!” Casey said this with a mischievous smile and a gleam in her eyes.

“Wow! All that? You really do intend to collect.”

Casey moved to a relatively secluded area; Rosanna followed. They stopped and Casey pulled out her PDA and Rosanna popped the top on the soda and took a long-awaited drink. The pills slid down and she felt instantly better. At least her headache would be kept at bay. Now all she had to worry about was her blood pressure!

Casey had been an extremely attractive young woman in high school and she was impossibly beautiful now. She had a roundness to her figure, which gave her that voluptuous, come-and-take-me look. She had the same liquid brown eyes and long, wavy auburn hair. Aye Dios mio! I really am stressed out.

“Hello! Anybody in there? Ross! Your e-mail address, phone number, something?” Casey was saying as she knocked gently on Rosanna’s forehead.

Rosanna’s concentration was legendary, which was one of the reasons for her successful business. What? Ohmigosh! I’m so sorry, Casey! I’m just really distracted. Rosanna answered lamely. If Casey could read her mind, she would disappear for another ten years!

“I can see that.”

Rosanna rattled off her information. She took out her own small notebook, jotted down Casey’s phone number and e-mail address and dropped the notebook in her suit pocket.

“Hey, Ross, would you like to get a coffee or something?” Casey asked nonchalantly. “We could shoot the shit about old times.” She placed a hand on Rosanna’s arm.

Boy, it was warm in here! For a fleeting second, Rosanna considered the tempting offer. She had secretly harbored a huge crush on Casey in high school. She never told her because she thought it would ruin their friendship. Casey had been very popular—with the boys, so Rosanna didn’t think she stood a chance and was too shy to try.

“I would love to, Casey, but I have a dinner engagement.” Rosanna said a bit more formally than she had intended.

“A dinner engagement, huh? Sounds serious!”

“I guess you could say it is--kind of” Rosanna mumbled as she ran a trembling hand through her hair. For something to do, she moved toward the door, opened it and waited while Casey stepped outside. “Which way are you going?” she asked as they stood on the sidewalk.

“Downtown—to the Kitchen.” Rosanna answered, checking her watch. She still had some time, but she might not be able to walk all the way.

“The Kitchen?” Casey asked.

“Oh, I’m sorry…the California Pizza Kitchen.”

“They have one here? I practically lived in the one in Florida.” Casey said with a wistful smile. “They have excellent food.”

“Yes, we go there all the time.” Rosanna replied. She removed her sunglasses from an inner pocket and put them on because the evening glare was very strong and she didn’t think she would be able to see.

“Well, I’ll walk with you. I live on 70th.” Casey said.

“Are you sure? Rosanna asked.

“Am I sure I live on 70th street? Yes, I think so. “Come on.” Casey smiled and they started walking.

“Smart ass!” Rosanna said playfully.

“Some things never change.” Casey shot back with a grin.

As they walked, they began an easy reminiscence about the bygone days and Rosanna remembered how close they had been and how comfortable they had felt talking with each other—about most things. Casey had told Rosanna about all of her dates: the good, the bad, and the absolutely horrible. And Rosanna had confided her fears about her future.

As they walked along 74th street, paying attention only to each other and not where they were going, Rosanna caught her heel in a crack in the sidewalk and fell forward on her hands and knees.

“Oh hell!” she cried.

“Are you all right?” Casey asked in concern, reaching out a hand to help Rosanna to her feet.

Now haven’t I heard that before very recently? Rosanna thought as she struggled to stand, wincing at a sharp pain that ran up her right knee.

“You’re hurt.” Casey said with alarm. “Should I call the EMS?”

“No. I’m fine.” Rosanna said through clenched teeth. Right Wonder Woman! More lies!

“You’re also a liar. So it’s a damned good thing you’re attractive.” Rosanna raised an eyebrow but said nothing.

Casey placed an arm around Rosanna’s waist and began to lead the now limping woman toward the corner. Rosanna did not protest; her knee was throbbing like hell and she simply needed to sit down. They walked awkwardly to a parked car.

“Lean here, Ross. I’m gonna get a cab.” Casey walked to the curb and began waving her hand as if she had just been crowned the new Miss America.

“You'll never get a cab like that in New York!” Rosanna called out to her.

“You think so? Well, since you’re in no shape to show me the New York way, we’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we.” Two minutes later, a yellow taxi pulled up in front of her. Rosanna rolled her eyes in disbelief.

Casey helped her into the cab and gave the driver an address.

“No. Wait. I’ve got to meet Ma—“ Rosanna began but was interrupted by Casey. “You’re going to my place. I’m gonna take a look at your knee and toss your pants into the washer. Don’t argue, Ross, or I’ll make the driver stop and you’ll have to walk the rest of the way.”

“God help me!” Rosanna threw her head back on the headrest in exasperation, but realized that she couldn’t think of a better plan at that moment.

She suddenly remembered to ask, “Are you a doctor or a nurse, Casey?”

“No, but I almost became a physical therapist.” Casey answered with all the assurance of a pre-med student.

“Great. I’m in good hands. I feel better already.” Without thinking, Rosanna rested her head on Casey’s shoulder for the remainder of the ride. She did not see the fleeting grin that lit up Casey’s beautiful visage or hear her soft affirmation, “You will, Ross.”

Alacia
Alacia
2 Followers