Solace & Rosanna Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While Solace collected her belongings, L. D. made a quick call to her staff to come and remove the trays. She then led Solace back up to the lobby where she turned and announced that she would be taking her home.

“L. D., that is not necessary. I’m going to take the bus.” Solace said firmly.

“Then I’ll take it with you.” L. D. countered.

“What is it with you sighted people?” Solace teased, “I’m a big girl, L. D. I’ll be all right.

“I’m sure that’s true, but please allow me the honor anyway, Solace.”

“Well…if you must. I’m too tired to stop you.”

Rosanna looked up from her book and froze. A lump formed in her throat and she could not have uttered a coherent sentence if she’d tried. There was Solace paying her fare and taking a seat. And who was that woman in black with her? She dropped her book into her bag. Was Solace seeing someone already. The woman assumed a protective air, helping Solace into a seat and standing over her like a sentry. The urge to run up to the pair and punch the woman’s lights out was almost a palpable ache in Rosanna’s guts. She did not stop to think about how she had treated and cheated on Solace or that she was behaving with stereotypical Latin machismo and acting upon a double standard. Solace was with another woman and it made her innards feel as if they were being run through a blender. Her mind crumpled into irrationality. Only the fact that she was in a public place saved her from making an ass of herself. However, she decided to follow them.

Rosanna’s eyes never left the pair. They seemed to be chatting amiably and the woman had put her hands on Solace’s shoulder several times. The paperback, which Rosanna had retrieved from its place in her bag, was now being systematically torn to shreds, some pieces landing on the floor of the bus. Passengers gave her sideways glances but said nothing for they did not want trouble and that is what Rosanna looked like at that moment.

The bus came to a stop and Rosanna realized that they were not far from Solace’s apartment. She saw Solace and the woman stand and exit the bus. Rosanna exited through the rear door. The pair made their way to Solace’s block, where they stopped, stood talking. Rosanna’s heart turned to stone as she watched the woman lean down and kiss Solace on the lips—and Solace did not pull away. In fact, she appeared to be enjoying it. Rosanna ran a hand through her now disheveled hair, turned on her heels and stormed down the block. She felt numb and nauseous. This is your fault, Romero. You let her go.

The homeless woman watched the proceedings from the alleyway of a nearby apartment—out of sight of Adam, the watchdog.

12