Something about Elle Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I rather think I knew that, though at times I was so despondent I didn't know what to think,"

Donovan confessed. "Yet curiously the very things that tore us apart made me accept that I loved you."

"It's strange how love gets to you," she chuckled. "Here's a coffee shop - good, it's not Starbucks."

"Shhhh, don't say that too loudly; it may be taken as an un-American comment, and attack on a beloved institution."

Elle laughed, "Commercial pressures and narrow-focus pea-heads don't decide what coffee and coffee premises I favor - I drink everywhere man."

"Even at Starbucks?"

"Even at Starbucks if desperate."

Over coffee Donovan told Elle what occurred in his office that fateful early evening.

"Milly had asked could her middle daughter come and work for the company and I said she should make an application like anyone else. I wasn't happy about having a daughter of Milly's working with us if she was at all like Milly.

"I put off calling the woman in for an interview but Milly kept pushing away so I said yes, her daughter could come in for an interview and it was arranged for her to come in at the end of the day as she managed the corporate services department of a small law firm.

"Well, Nikki came in through the door, twirled around and asked did I like her body. She sounded so excited and I said yes, it was great and she asked what about my lovely new shoes. I was sitting down so propelled my chair around my desk with my heels and she launched herself at me, I leaning back in my chair to spread the area of impact.

"She lifted up after almost knocking the wind out of me, pulled the front of her dress down and out spilt her boobs.

"I was asked if I liked them and said yes but that I didn't like this one little bit. I never seized the moment and...er.."

"Fuck her?"

"No and I was upset by her audacity. I yelled at her to leave. Milly was next-door, heard me yell and came running and escorted her tearful daughter away, saying absolutely nothing - apparently guessing what had happened and accepting my claim of innocence."

"And that was all to it. Milly pleaded with me next day to give Nikki another chance and I said I'd think about it. End of story."

"Of course, oh I'm an idiot?"

"What Elle?"

"When I was in the elevator the woman in the red dress I'd seen launching herself at you - Nikki - dashed into the elevator as the doors were about to close. In that time sequence you'd had little opportunity to do little more than grope, unless you both were very speedy - certainly you'd not had time to do it well."

"But that's really not the point; you thought I'd betrayed you."

"Yes."

"Well I didn't"

"I've long decided I may have just caught you in a compromising position but I also thought at that stage in our relationship nothing had been discussed or even implied, that I was not entitled to feel betrayed. But the woman in me still wanted to make you suffer."

"I certainly felt I was being pushed through the mill."

Saying she believed every word Donovan had said and she regretted having made it difficult for him, Elle leaned over and kissed him.

"My turn now?"

"Indeed."

Elle told him how after he'd left for San Francisco, Duncan Barnes had called and after a long chat, digging into her background, he then made her a job offer which she declined with regret. He ignored her rejection and said he would courier a formal offer to her.

It arrived and leaving it unopened she asked Pamela to shred it; Pamela was called away on an emergency and next morning Donovan found the package, opened it and learnt of the job offer.

"At no time did I consider acceptance. Duncan only sketched details of my duties, which to me seem highly cloistered and virtually reducing me to the role of a minion hand servant. He said he'd send full details and I'd find the salary package 'handsomely attractive' which is only a little better than being vague."

Donovan rubbed his jaw. "You have no idea of the salary he offered?"

"No and why did I need to know when I had no intention of accepting the position? Good God, I'd only been with you a few weeks and had only recently ceased being an alien and already have as much work and challenge that I can comfortably handle."

"I opened the package noticing it was from the Barnes-Churchill group and mistakenly thought it was for me. The salary alone was $320,000."

"Gosh that's a bucketful of money for a young executive but then money is not going to buy me away from someone who came to New Zealand and created a job for me. For some people loyalty is earned you know, not bought."

"I'm beginning to understand that, and because you had rejected the offer from the outset you decided the approach was of no consequence, right?"

"I thought it was of no business of yours and anyway I would have been embarrassed telling you about it."

"Why - come on, I'm curious to know."

"You probably would have thought I was only telling you about it to extract more pay from you."

"Well I be damned - here was I thinking you'd gone behind my back trying to find a better paying job for yourself while you believed you were being ethical by not telling me in case I was pressured into hiking up your salary. I think we really do need to communicate better with one another."

"I couldn't agree more. Also you may be interested to know Duncan has stopped calling.

"He called twice after sending the documents asking me to respond, and both times I said I had nothing further to say to him other than I'm happy working with you. The last time he called he asked how much would he have to pay me to come across to his team and I told him to stop pestering me and terminated the call."

Donovan took her hand. Let's bury these misunderstandings, my darling. Let's never speak of them again.

He watched her face brighten and she said feigning great innocence: "What misunderstandings were they darling?"

After lunch near Times Square at a famous restaurant wall-to-wall with people the pair visited jewelers - a number of jewelers - in fact a great number of jewelers. At last there was the ring they both liked and although Donovan had earlier bravely announced 'The sky's the limit' Elle had steered away from show cases with rings with tags of stratosphere prices; she thought something in the cumulus range.

Donovan was inspecting a three-stone diamond ring set in 18ct gold when Elle called him, softly. He knew that she'd at last found one she liked and promised himself to admire it and tell her it was wonderful.

"That one, but it has only one stone."

"Single stone rings are less likely to catch on things."

"Is that right?" Donovan demanded of the jeweler who was well trained and said diplomatically, "Some say that, sir."

"Put it on and we'll look at the critter," Donovan said gallantly, ignoring the jeweler's wince.

It was a solid platinum ring delicately hand engraved with a quality 1ct round center diamond and accented by pave diamonds.

Elle put it on her finger, her face became even more beautiful and she went, "Mmmm."

The ring fitted perfectly and told her it belonged to that finger.

Donovan remembered his commitment.

"Mmmmmm," and kissed that finger with exaggerated delicacy.

"Price please," Elle requested.

"Hmmmm. I said discount, didn't I."

"You did indeed," Elle said firmly.

The jeweler gave the price confidently, "$6988."

"Oh bother, I wanted to keep the price below $5000."

The jeweler frowned.

"And I didn't want a cheap ring for my darling."

The jeweler beamed.

"I think this is the one, isn't it darling."

Elle held it up to show Donovan and drawled, "Ooooh, yes.

The jeweler lost his beam when Donovan said, "We'll take it for $5500 if that is acceptable to you?"

The jeweler's eyes began to hood into tough bargaining mode when he noticed Elle working off the ring.

"That's entirely satisfactory, Sir."

Elle performed the traditional excited schoolgirl-like jumping up and down and flushing her face in glorious rose-petal pink. She then flung her arms around Donovan, hugging him spontaneously yet somehow managing to ensure her chin was against his right shoulder, allowing her to turn the ring towards her for a very close inspection.

It was now hers to honor, to cherish and...well one can't obey a ring, can they?

They stepped out on to the pavement, Donovan looking aghast at his watch.

"W-w-we won't have time for..."

He stuttered to a stop.

"For what?" Elle said with a mischievous smile.

"You know."

"Do I? How interesting." But just as Donovan looked about to blow a fuse she said, "We'll have time to shower together but I don't want to get my hair wet."

In a flash Donovan was out flagging down a cab.

They fitted together perfectly in a tight hug in the shower, water splashing everywhere but being a ritzy hotel a voluptuous shower cap confined every bit of Elle's hair. It was not, of course, an endearing never-to-forgot for the right reason sight; shower caps are about as unsexy as any apparel gets.

The kissed and kissed until their passions aroused and her breasts swelled tight and her vulva swelled even tighter.

It had to happen, and it did.

"Now!" she gasped, biting his shoulder and making him gasp. Donovan lifted her up and in one fluid movement, as if they're be practicing forever, her legs went loosely around his waist, she sagged down and bit and he was in, they both moaning with pleasure.

"How the hell did I manage that?" she asked.

"Just don't think, push forward and pull back," he said, breathing heavily with the weight and with his hands under both her cheeks bringing her up to speed and to synchronize rhythm."

"How is it?" he asked.

"I'm loving it - it's been a long time," she said puffing.

"I've forgotten to put on a rubber; want me to stop."

"No, I'm protected. If I can't trust you to be clean I shouldn't be having sex with you and I definitely shouldn't be engaged to you."

"Are you engaged to me? Quick answer; I'm about ready."

"Stop diverting me. We both know what I want. Bite my nipple - quick!"

Donovan did what he was told, she yelled, he slipped on the shower floor and they banged against the far wall, both exploding.

"You bastard - you almost killed me," Elle laughed.

"All complaints go to hotel management," he leered.

"God that was good; are we going to have more of those - just like that."

"Of course - we'll go again now."

"Donovan, don't be insane; I need an hour to get ready and I don't want you near me while I'm doing that. Go down and have a beer - be back here in fifty-five minutes - it would please me if you do that."

"You mean go off like this?"

"You won't be back today if you do - all those gay waiters and waitresses and housemaids will make a meal of you."

"That sounds repulsive."

"I'm glad you thing so - now get dried, dressed and out of here."

* * *

They met in a private ante-room for cocktails - cocktails with the mix being French Champagne but a wide variety of base ingredients were available.

Elle's dress was strapless and short and covered entirely in silver sequins. Her choker, clutch-bag and shoes were all black velvet. She refused to tell Donovan how much the dress cost. Donovan didn't mind - he'd been blown away at the sight of her to nobody else appeared to notice and that's remember he was in New York; it takes a lot to interest New Yorkers.

Elle was blown away by Fitzgerald - she'd been expecting a dapper guy with long eye lashes with painted finger-nails and wearing cosmetics. Instead she was confronted with a 6'6" giant of a man with three foot wide shoulders and trunk that tapered to a waist - from what she could see under his unbuttoned tuxedo - of no more than forty inches and he was handsome to boot, with a tidily-trimmed pepper beard. What a heart-throb, even though he looked about forty.

"Ohmigod is René going to adore you," he said, kissing Elle's cheeks.

She touched her hair with her left hand, and he didn't disappoint.

"Ho-ho what's this, and very shiny ring on a particular finger."

"Very shiny because it's very new, purchased today," Elle said immodestly.

"Congratulations sweetie," said the 'hulk', Elle disappearing into a huge hug and emerging breathless.

There were twelve people in the party and they were all seated, six on either side - an empty chair for Madam Roché, chairman and CEO of the House of René which her father founded when she was an infant, Fitzgerald had disclosed discreetly.

Fitzgerald was seated opposite Elle, next to where René would sit. Donovan was seated opposite a woman only thirty who was international public relations director for the company which operates globally.

"Madam René Roché is arriving, please stand," Fitzgerald announced as if preparing for the entrance of royalty. Elle was excited and determined not to be over-awed by this French aristocrat who'd be dripping in diamonds, distant and rather rude if it suited here.

"Does she speak English," Elle whispered to Fitzgerald.

"She went to college in Boston and then Harvard," he grinned. "Then of course, finished her education in France."

Guests clapped as the founder of the cosmetics business - now into her early eighties - swept into the room with the vigor of a fifty-year-old.

"Good evening everyone, please be seated," she said in perfect English.

"You, my dear must be Miss Jamieson?"

"Elle please."

"Then you shall call me René and at all times."

Fitzgerald looked surprised but made no comment, pouring René's wine without asking, obviously being well-trained.

René leaned over to the now very confident Elle.

"I am so sorry and will apologize for my lateness to you. I was on my way when my assistant reported you were dressed in silver sequins so I had no choice but to return and select a different dress. Do you like it?"

Elle, near choking in embarrassment, managed to say it was lovely.

"And you, my dear, have the lovely blush of a near virgin. Don't worry about the dress clash; it happens to me all the time and I travel with a large wardrobe."

"This building of your conception Elle we like it very much," René said. "We shall build on in Los Angeles almost immediately and my personnel here in New York are excited about it so they will have a similar building as well. Eventually all of our strategic headquarters in foreign counties will have what you call an Apex building. We think the concept is brilliant."

"René, I only came up with the concept - the drawings you have seen were produced by our extremely talented conceptual artist Roger Grossi."

René frowned and said she was talking specifically about the concept.

"I'm sorry," Elle said demurely, "I misunderstood."

"Don't yield to me Elle; I want you for your fire and panache.

"Fitzgerald will be commissioning you company to conceptualize the interior of the Los Angeles building to create an imaginative and unique ambiance appropriate to our activities. I was your assurance that you can do this in avant garde style, entirely in keeping with an Apex design building?"

"Absolutely."

"That's a word I'm not heard in a very long time," René smiled.

"This is not a test, simply something to amuse myself and who knows, something useful may come of it."

"Fitzgerald?"

Fitzgerald placed an apex shaped package on the table.

"Elle this is a new fragrance we have designed as a sister perfume for Apex Blue! All of my people have failed to produce a name for it that appeals to me. Since it's wrapped in orange and white paper with an orange and white ribbon, the name Apex Orange has been suggested. Not good enough, I say. Can you do better?"

A new round of brandy and other liquors was served.

"Well?"

"I have two names: Magic Orange but the one I prefer is rather radical I'm afraid but it excites me: Qu'est-ce que c'est? (What is this?)"

All eyes were on René, who closed her eyes and rocked her thin, upper body wrapped in a pleated gown of cream silk topped with three strands of black pearls. Opening her eyes again she pressed a button on a device as small as a cigarette lighter and her female assistant hurried in to her, and they whispered.

René turned to Elle. "This is no longer a game my dear. This name has the air of difference I desire - for commercial reasons it should be shorten to 'What?' but what is lost but everything."

"My assistant says we should have that full title printed on a plain white ribbon tied where the stopper joins the bottle and protruding through the wrapper, and I agree. And in advertising because the name is long it will rest beside the bottle on its head and rise perpendicular, which means it will be read with a turn of a head but my granddaughter - this is Alberta everyone - says is that not what a perfume is supposed to do."

There was laughter. René then said: "Fitzgerald tells me you and Donovan became engaged today. What a union that will be and we shall now taste champagne in your honor. Fitzgerald comes to us at Grasse two times a year, and one of those meetings will be arranged to coincide with your honeymoon and he'll bring you to me, and I will show you what we do, yes? It will take just a few hours, then in reward for your naming of the new member of the Apex family you will be my guest - you shall have my house at Cannes, for 10 days if you wish."

"She means her chateau," Fitzgerald murmured.

René said the visit to France would be complimentary, considered a business visit, and Alberta would manage the arrangements.

René took Elle's hand and said, "You would be a worthy person in my little business," she said gravely, "just for naming of new products."

"We are to market the two Apex perfumes packaged with an oval container of anti-ageing cream. It would not surprise me if you come up with a name no-one else has thought of - the name we have chosen is confidential as we will launch it with due ceremony at a design and fashion symposium later this year. Would you have a name for this product exotically presented in an oval container of great beauty?

Without thinking (obviously), boosted by wine, Elle giggled and said, "Ménage à trois."

"Oh my dear, that is priceless," René laughed and was still laughing as she rose to kiss her guests before she left the very ornate gilded ante-room after telling her assistant to stay and be company for Fitzgerald.

Other guests left but Donovan and Elle stayed on sipping champagne with Fitzgerald and Alberta for another hour. Fitzgerald and Alberta went off hugging closely as Donovan and Elle did heading for their adjoining rooms, with the connecting door unlocked.

Although only one room was used, they fell asleep almost immediately, near exhausted, but at 9:30 next morning Elle awoke to find her belly being licked and her nipples upright like bullets.

"Oh gawd - give me a minute my love," she gasped, rushing off to empty her bladder and clean her teeth, do her hair and put on lipstick and perfume.

"What took you so long?" enquired Donovan, holding something that caused her eyes to focus and to lick her lips. She flung herself at him, knocking him onto his back - he protesting - and she went to work on him, leaving him to bleat - "Ooooh, that's nice...Ooooh, that's nice."

She didn't quite complete that task, instead sitting gently down on him and doing a leisurely, rhythmic jiggle with her hands around Donovan's wrists with his hands alternating between teasing her nipples and gently massaging her breasts.

Ten minutes later her high scream and his tenor-pitched howl like a wolf flooded their hotel room and beyond, causing hotel room service maids to smile while they worked at their chores.

Elle said she was taking a leisurely bath and Donovan read the New York Times after phoning his CEO Leigh English to report they had gained the $1 million contract for the Apex project. Leigh switched him to Hannah who was pleased to hear from him but was disappointed Elle could not come to the phone. Elle had already told him she couldn't trust herself to speak to Hannah of all people in fear of giving away their secret.