Something New

Story Info
A white man and black woman fall in love in 1800's Virginia.
3.4k words
4.01
19.4k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Thomas, and I am the son of a slave-owner. We're a well to do family, owning 175 acres of land in Virginia, and we live in a three-story house. I am 21 years old, and my parents are arranging for me to marry one of my Father's friends daughter, who is a snotty, arrogant rich girl named Caroline with blonde hair always kept in tight curls. I never liked Caroline. God. I could only imagine what our marriage would be like. A month from now, we marry, May 3rd, a week before my birthday.

Breakfast came and went. The black maid that we have, Hilda, is a great cook! I love her pancakes. I have barely tried my Mother's cooking, since we've always had maids and servants around. Sometimes I think of Hilda as my own Mother. After breakfast, I had to go with Father to head to the slave market. We got in the carriage and drove about thirty minutes to the city, where there were a lot of auctions going on. Men, women, and even children were being sold. The strongest black males were very expensive, with the women being a bit cheaper.

"Father, why do we need another slave? Don't you think we have enough?"

Father laughed and took out his pipe, "You can ever have enough son. Remember that!" He pat me real hard on the shoulder and told me to follow him. He used his cane to guide him through the streets and we went to an auction post. His tall hat made him look very debonair. The streets were all one big market, at least this time around.

A slave woman who looked no older than twenty-one stepped up to the post, and the white men were examining her like she was one big project. They forced her mouth opened and exclaimed that her teeth were in great health; big and white, never mind the gap she had between her two front teeth.

The other gentleman measured her height, "Five-five", He said, before measuring her waist. 31-35-37, he said to the crowd. Everyone was ecstatic when they heard that. She was built! I couldn't help but notice how big her breasts were, and the V-shape of her dress showed the outline of them. Looking at her made me hard, and I had to compose myself. Next thing you know,they started taking her arms and stretching them, and using their fingers to guide her eyes.

"She can see and hear correctly. She is in perfect health."

A shorter gentleman wearing a black tux came beside her, "This is Anna. She's from the Congo, in Africa. She has been here for a year now and can understand English. She has worked for a Dutch farmer and his family for months back in the continent, and she can cook and clean. She has no children, and she's a very hard worker."

"How much?" Someone from the crowd shouted.

"$2.30", the man answered. Anna looked angry to be there, and looked very upset. She was dark brown, with a short black afro. She was wearing a plain brown dress.

"2.40", Someone else went. The attention went to him until my Father shouted, "$3.00. I will have her for $3.00!"

"Sold!" The man exclaimed. My Father and I walked to the tiny stage, which wasn't even a stage, and the man started to put shackles on her hands and feet, but my Father said no, that was okay.

"What's her name again?" He asked.

The gentleman replied, "Anna."

"That's a nice name", My Father answered, "Come Anna to the carriage."

The man turned to Anna and said, "You do as your told, and your future may be bright. Do whatever they tell you to do."

"Yes sir", She answered.

We walked her to the carriage, and I helped her get in. My Father asked her lots of questions about her background.

"I was born in the Congo. Two years ago, a white man noticed me and asked if I would like to work for him for money. I said yes, and that is how I learned English. It was a struggle at first, but I learned little by little."

"How do you like it in America?" Father asked.

She put her head down, "I like it."

"There's a lot of reasons to like it. One is that it's promising, and we have a lot of opportunities here. You can't find all of that in Africa."

"Father please", I whispered.

Father then asked, "How old are you?"

"Twenty three", She answered.

"You don't look a day over twenty", Father answered.

She smiled a little. Anna was absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure if she knows that.

Once we got to the house, I was instructed to introduce her to Hilda and show her to her room. Anna was beautiful! It hurt me that she was so uncomfortable, so I used that opportunity as a means to make her feel welcome. We went into the kitchen, and I introduced her to Hilda. Hilda smiled and greeted her.

"I could use some help in this kitchen, the more babies the Matthews family makes the more food I have to cook", She jokes.

"I'd be happy to assist you", Anna responded.

"I'll show you to your room", Hilda said.

"Oh no it's okay, I'll show her", I smiled and told her to follow me upstairs. Like Hilda's, it was a small room they made up for her. There was a bed already made, a dresser, and a desk.

"Make yourself at home", I said.

"Thank you", SHe answered quietly before sitting down on the bed.

"Are you okay?"

She shook her head no, and started to cry. I went over and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I had to leave my family, including my child. They forced me too."

I frowned, "Where is your family?"

"We were all taken here to America, but they are scattered about, I don't even know where they are."

"Why didn't you get to keep your son?"

She shook her head, "They see me raising him as a threat. Something about a single black African woman raising a savage. They said he was better off with white folks."

I put my hand on her shoulder, "I'm so sorry to hear that."

"Don't be", She wiped her face with the rag she had in her pocket.

"I'll see you at dinner", I got up and left. I honestly didn't know what to say to her. I'm sorry that my family are slave owners? I'm sorry you were taken from your home? Sorry that you were robbed of your language and culture? What do I say to all of that? Then again, I've never been really good with women anyway.

Caroline and her parents came over for dinner this evening. Tonight, we had baked chicken, cornbread, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Caroline kept playing footsie with me under the table, and I moved my foot. She even tried to discreetly sit her foot on my lap, and I spanked her foot under the table. She smiled naughtily, not seeming to understand my annoyed disposition. Anna came out and collected the dishes.

"Oh I see you have a new maid!" Caroline exclaimed, "When Thomas and I get married we'd have to have one, or several", She laughed, and the rest of them laughed with her.

"Yes, that is Anna", Father said, "She is new."

"Do you speak English girl?" Caroline asked. Anna nodded yes. She seemed embarrassed. Anna looked so cute in her black dress and white apron.

"Caroline you have such a brutal tongue", Her Mother chastised before laughing in a phony way.

"Yes Mother, I do have a brutal tongue", She looked at me with suggestion, and I turned away. Everyone else didn't notice what she meant. My parents and her parents kept talking about the wedding. Caroline kept saying she wanted the wedding colors to dark pink, light pink, and white. She kept bragging on the wedding dress that was already made.

"I'm going to be the prettiest bride this side of Virginia", She smiled.

"Yes you are", Her Father answered.

I rolled my eyes. I was already annoyed by her. After dinner we had apple pie and vanilla ice cream. Caroline's parents and my parents went out in the yard, strolling and talking. Caroline stayed behind, and jumped in my arms.

"What are you-"

She buried my face with a kiss.She took my hands and put them on her backside.

"Doing", I finished.

"Oh Thomas! I know it's the right thing to remain a virgin before a wedding, but I'm ready right now. I want to give myself to you tonight, in that grand bedroom of yours. I want you to fuck me!" She exclaimed.

I was slightly confused, "But, Caroline-"

"Oh come on", She kept smothering me with kisses, "Please Thomas!" She kissed my hand, "I've had dreams of this many times, and I can't hold it any longer. I want you to stretch me open!"

I grabbed her by her arms and she shreiked.

"I said no!" She looked up at me with horror. I never grabbed her before. I let her go. Anna was in the doorway.

"We're just talking girl", Caroline said, "Go and finish up the dishes."

"Don't talk to her like that", I said sharply, "Anna...please."

Anna walked away. Caroline faced me, "I hope you're that aggressive in the marriage bed", She said before walking away.

I never once got hard when Caroline kissed me the way she did. I straightened my jacket and shirt, and combed my hand through my blonde hair. Anna and Hilda were just finishing up the dishes when Hilda announced she was going to bed.

"I'd better go to", Anna replied. I opened up the kitchen door, and they both noticed me.

"That was a great meal", I said.

"Thank you, Anna made the dessert. It was all her."

"You made that?"

She smiled and nodded her head.

"You got to stop being so shy girl and open your mouth", Hilda said, "Anything you need for me to do Thomas before I retire on upstairs?"

"No Hilda, get some rest."

She smiled and left. I closed the door and looked at Anna.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked.

"No", I answered, "I'm sorry you saw that."

"It's okay."

"No it's not. My parents are making me marry her, but I don't want to at all. She's not my type."

"I'm sorry to hear of the forced arrangement. She obviously likes you."

"Unfortunately."

We laugh.

"So, would you like some wine or something?"

Her eyes got big, "Wine?!"

"Yeah."

"I never had that before. Won't I get in trouble?"

"No, not when I'm around", I took out a fresh wine bottle and poured it in two glasses. I handed her the glass and she too a sip.

"This is good."

I smiled, "Yeah. So how was your first night?"

"It was okay. A little better than things at the last family I worked for."

"What happened?"

"They were very mean. Your family seems a lot..nicer."

"We're okay, it's just that my Father can be a tad ignorant sometimes."

Anna laughed, "Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to laugh at that."

"No, no it's okay. I want you to laugh. Be happy."

She smiled. It was the most beautiful smile ever. We talked the whole time my parents were outside.

Two weeks into Anna being with us, I used every opportunity I could to talk to her. She was always very sweet and we had great conversations. The bad thing was, Caroline noticed how kind I was too her.

"Are you going to marry the nigger girl instead?" She teased.

"Caroline", I gave her a hard look, "Shut your mouth."

"Oh", She walked over to me, "Why don't you do it for me?"

I got up and sat on the other side of the parlor. She came up to me and sat down, I turned away, "Oh Thomas, I'm here so we can get to talk more before our big wedding. Guess what I bought?"

"What?" Not even caring.

She lifted up her dress, and she was wearing a suspender belt. My cock wasn't an inch near hard. Caroline wasn't a turn on at all. She giggled naughtily, and started kissing me slowly on the neck, and put her hand down there.

"No Caroline, stop", I said.

"Please", She pleaded. She got on top of me and was kissing me very, very aggressively. I pushed her off of me and she started to whimper. I noticed blood on her mouth, and I too, put my hand on my own, and discovered I too was bleeding.

"Caroline, I'm sorry", I attempted to help her up.

"Stay away from my daughter you awful brute!" Her Father yelled. Everyone saw the whole thing. I was alarmed. He went over and helped her up.

"Oh Father, take me out of here", She cried into his arms.

"It's okay darling", He said, "The wedding is off!" He screamed to my parents, "I don't want this brute marrying my daughter at all!"

"Not like I wanted to", I shouted.

Caroline's Mother gasped.

"Thomas!" Mother scolded me.

My Father went outside with Caroline and her parents, and I heard arguing.

"Thomas, although she was aggressive, you shouldn't have pushed her."

I looked at my Mother, at five-eight, she was four inches shorter than me, with a long, graceful neck, somewhat pale skin, and dark glossy brown hair that looked almost black. She wore a silk Green dress, pearls, and even had pearls in her hair.

"Mother, I didn't mean it."

"I know you didn't".

The arguing outside got louder and bitter, so Mother lifted her dress and ran out to see what the commotion was. I also ran out, and saw my Father fighting with Caroline's Father, while Caroline cuddled in her Mother's arms.

I ran up to the two men and pushed her Father away from mine. He was pushed about three feet away, and he fell on his bottom.

Caroline's Mother gasped, "Randall!"

Randall got up, straightened himself up, "This wedding is over Matthews! Over! Our friendship is no more." He walked away.

"Father are you okay?" I asked. Mother ran to him.

"Darling are you all right?"

"Yes, yes I'm fine", He slowly huffed and puffed, "Leave me alone please, I need something strong."

Mother had her hands on his back, following him into the house. Anna asks me later if everything was okay, and I was very brief with her. I sounded rude. She probably doesn't want to talk to me now.

Anyway, my parents had to go to an affair the next day, and invited me to come along. I told them I wasn't feeling well, and stayed in bed. I thought about Anna, and that brown lean body of hers. Her smile. The way she smelled. The way my heart beat when I saw her. Anna knocked on my door, and I told her to come in. She came in with a bowl of soup.

"I heard you weren't feeling well", She said. She looked at the bed and quickly turned away. I looked down, and saw that I had serious wood going on thinking about Anna. My cock literally stood up. I rose up, and tried to cover it with my huge blanket.

"Would you like anything else?" Anna asked looking at me directly into my eyes.

"No Anna, thank you", She was about to leave, before I called her back in the room.

"Come here", I said gently. She closed the door and walked over to me.

"Have a sit-down", I told her, and she sat down. I leaned in to kiss her, and I think Anna was waiting for this moment. We kissed. I wasn't wearing anything underneath. Generally, this was how I went to bed. I kissed her neck, ears, lips, and face.

"What if we get caught?" She asked.

"No one will catch us, don't worry", I said. I helped her get out of that black and white maids dress, and a beautiful brown body was underneath. She had big breasts, and I couldn't stop stuffing them in my mouth, and Anna enjoyed when I did that. As I savoured her breasts, I fingered her, and she stroked my cock. I was big and hard, she was juice and wet, and I was definitely ready to give her a piece of me.

"Thomas, can I ride?" She asked.

"Of course, don't ask me!" I laughed, and lay on my back. She got on top, and rode me. My god, I've had many girls before, but none of them had sex with me the way Anna did. Anna was submissive, but yet dominant. I felt my cock stretch her out, and she moaned, although it was hard to keep quiet.

"Oh right there Thomas, right there!"

I loved how Anna took control at times, and inserted my cock inside of her. The sex was powerful and amazing. I felt my energy mergy with hers, and soon we were both shivering out of our orgasms. She lay underneath me, almost paralyzed, with sweat glistening her face. I collapsed on top of her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anna and I had a secret relationship. She took my mind off of Caroline. I could care less if my Father made up with her Father; to me, the wedding was still off. I gave Anna a bouquet of roses when I drove by carriage to the city, as well as many other gifts. In bed, I whispered to her, "I wish I could marry you. I'm so in love with you."

"I wish that was possible", She said.

"One day we won't have to hide anymore. I never gave a damn what people thought."

"That's what I like about you", She answered.

We kissed. The door opened, and it was my Mother. She immediately closed the door and I heard her walk downstairs. Anna looked stunned, and so did I. I felt ashamed. What if Mother told Father? We quickly got out of bed and put our clothes on.

"Thomas I'm so sorry", Anna said, "I'm so scared."

"Don't be", I said, "I'll take care of it".

My Mother was downstairs in the parlor, looking dumb-founded like she didn't know what to think or say.

"Mother", I asked carefully.

She looked away. I went over and sat next to her.

"Mother...I didn't mean for you to see that".

She faced me, "Thomas, how could you defile yourself like that? Like goes with like...why would you want a little slave girl?"

"Mother I know it's so complex, but I really like her."

"If your Father finds out", She started, but didn't finish. She shook her head.

"You musn't tell a soul Mother".

"What if she gets pregnant? We'll have little half-breed children running around here. You'll put our family to shame!"

"I know."

"You cannot continue your relationship with her Thomas. I care too much about you. You can get the both of you in a lot of trouble."

"I know."

"As long as you are here, you cannot be with you. You have to discontinue your relationship with her."

"Fine...I don't care anymore....I'll just move to Canada", With that I walk away.

Anna has our baby nine months later. It's a little girl that she names "Imani Belle." Our little bundle of joy is fair skinned, with green eyes---my eyes, and curly red hair. My parents were ashamed of the baby at first, but they grew to be acceptable of her. My Mother was pleased that we gave her first name, Belle, apart of Imani's name. Anna and I got married in a private ceremony, in my parents living room.

My Father legally gave Anna freedom after our child was born, signed all the documents that he had to, and we moved to Canada a little after. I opened my own clothing store selling menswear. Anna and I both ran the business together. People found that odd at first, but because Anna was so good with her hands, they eventually grew to like her and got used to it.

I made a promise to Anna that I was going to help her find her son. I knew all of the right people who could help me find him. She said his name was Obdwengo in Africa, but in America, the family he was with changed his name to "Paul Winchester". Maybe, just maybe, we'll have our luck.