Sophie's Summer Adventure Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"OK, good," Sophie said. "Text me when you're done. Thank you Diego, I know you probably hate me, and you have every right to. I just need to get a few things off my chest. After that, I won't bother you again if you don't want me to."

Diego didn't say anything as he left for his philosophy final. He could barely concentrate, but muddled his way through and then prepared to meet Sophie. He texted her the location of a coffee shop a block off campus and waited for her. Sophie arrived after a few minutes.

"How was your final?" Sophie asked.

"Fine," Diego said quickly. "Look, I don't mean to be rude, but just go ahead and say what you need to say."

"OK," Sophie replied, suddenly tongue tied. She had so much to say, and had practiced it for the last two hours. But now in the moment, all her preparation failed her. All she could do was sob and spit out whatever came into her head.

"Diego...I just...wanted...to thank you..." Sophie stammered between sobs. Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands on her own, and looked up to Diego's smiling face. He was still uncertain, but he didn't want Sophie to feel like this around him. She deserved a chance to explain herself calmly.

Diego's act of kindness calmed her instantly. Suddenly her words came back to her. "I wanted to thank you for everything you did this summer. You saved me, and stayed with me until my dad arrived, when you had every right to flee. I never could have gotten through it without you."

"No one deserves to be treated that way, especially by their own mother," Diego said softly. "But I guess your father showed her; he had to be the one who gave that anonymous tape to the tabloids."

"Yeah, he's always looking out for me, when I have no right to expect it. Just like you," Sophie said with a hopeful smile.

"I was such an idiot," Sophie continued. "I got swept up in this big star paying attention to me, and in getting back at my mother. My deepest regret is that I ever hurt you. You were my only friend out there, and I was hoping you could find it in your heart to forgive me. I miss talking to you."

"I don't know, Sophie, so much has happened," Diego started. "I just don't want to get hurt again."

"I understand," Sophie said. Deflated she began to get up. "Thanks for listening to me, it's more than I deserve."

As Sophie began to walk away, Diego got up and grabbed her hand. She turned around, eyes bright and hopeful, eager to hear what he was about to say.

"Maybe we could meet up, after the holidays. Just to talk at first. Truth is I haven't had much of a chance to explore the city, I could use an experienced guide."

"I'd like that," Sophie replied with a smile. "The only thing I wish I could do is start over with you, no baggage...no bad memories."

"Why don't we try that?" Diego said with a chuckle, pausing for a moment then sticking out his hand. "Hi, I'm Diego, what's your name?"

"Sophie," she said laughing as well, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you Diego."

Neither of them knew where this would lead; if they could forget the past. But both of them wanted to find out.

12