Sorrow's Sieve Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Galen?" he said gently, stroking her cheek with his hand, wiping the line of tears away for the moment. "Love, you need to wake up, beautiful." As he spoke she began to stir. Though when her eyes finally opened they were unfocused. "Baby, you've got to wake up. Do you understand? I need you to wake up."

Galen shook her head and mumbled at his insistence, burying her head against his chest. He shook her gently then, not wanting to hurt her.

"Galen!" he said more forcibly but she didn't respond. "Dammit." He laid her back down on the stone and repositioned himself beside her. "I can't believe I'm about to do this." He murmured, missing the almost amused faces of the women around him. Leaning in gently he cupped the side of Galen's face. Taking a deep breath he steeled himself for further disappointment and then claimed her mouth with a gentle kiss. As his lips lingered he felt a sweep of her tongue against his lips and with a groan of relief he deepened the kiss, feeling her arms wrap around his neck. Reluctantly he pulled away and looked at her carefully. Her eyes were clearer and she was able to focus on him more easily. "I can't believe that worked, you really are a princess," he said with a sad smile.

"Hardly," she said weakly, trying to look around. When her eyes fell on the beautiful twins she quickly looked back to Braedan. He shook his head slightly as if to say he didn't know either.

"We have little time, sister, not nearly enough to explain. If Braedan is to help you, you must wake up in the physical world, it is the only way he can find you." Galen's eyes widened and her skin turned a ghostly pail.

"Daniels," she whispered and turned frightened eyes to Braedan. "I was waiting outside for you when I started to come here, at the last second I saw Daniels. I don't remember anything after that."

"I think he drugged you," Braedan explained gently. "It hasn't been too long, at least it hadn't been when I came here to find you. I would much rather you stay here where you can at least protect your mind from that bastard but I can't find you if you don't wake up." Galen swallowed audibly.

"I understand," she said "I love you, Braedan." The ever present tears seemed to pick up speed and she chocked back a sob. Strong arms gathered her close. She could feel his fear and guilt through their bond but the strongest thing she felt was love. She was terrified to face her abductor but she knew it was the only way to end this, the only way to be with Braedan again. Taking a shaky breath she pulled back and looked from Braedan to the strange women. "How do I wake up? I've never be able to control when it happens."

"That is something we can help with, are you ready?" Galen and Braedan exchanged worried looks and Braedan pulled her in for one last bruising kiss. When they came away gasping they both nodded.

"I'm ready," Galen whispered. The twins positioned themselves behind the two lovers. With a glance at each other they placed their hands on Braedan and Galen's shoulders. A warmth spread from their hands to engulf them in a warm glow. The light grew in intensity until Braeden had to close his eyes. Quite suddenly the warmth was gone and he blinked his eyes open. He was once again on his back, this time looking up at the silver canopy over Galen's bed. Taking a deep breath he closed his eyes and searched within him for any sign of her. At first there was nothing but gradually he felt her presence grow stronger. He felt discomfort at first but that was quickly swallowed by fear and dread. He had to force himself to feel it, to focus on her emotions. He slowly stood from the bed and spun, using those troubling emotions to orient himself. Finally opening his eyes he glanced at the clock. 11:43am.

"Fuck!" he swore and flew out of the room. Running down the stairs he took in the startled and hopeful faces of Galen's family. "Let's go, I'll drive."

*****

Consciousness returned more slowly for Galen. The sedative in her system making her body feel heavy and cold. Trying to shake off its affects was harder than she'd have liked to admit. It was a struggle to open her eyes, and when she finally was able to force them open what she saw had her wishing to slip back into unconsciousness. Instead she forced herself to sit up, taking in the room around her and her own physical state.

The first thing she noticed was the thick chain wrapped around her ankle and anchored to the floor. She tested its hold and winced as the metal tightened and pinched the sensitive skin above her foot. There was only about three feet of extra chain and there was nothing around her but the cold and damp cement floor she sat on. The room was dark and had no windows. The only light came from the open door at the top of some old wooden stairs. Besides herself the only other thing in the room was a table near the staircase. It was obvious that there was something on the table but it was covered with an old ratty quilt.

Her anxiety ratcheted up another level when heavy footsteps sounded above her. She swallowed and pressed herself against the wall, trying to appear as small as possible. She tried to take a few deep breaths but as the footsteps got closer she couldn't seem to get enough air into her lungs. A silhouette appeared at the top of the stairs and began to descend. With each step the tall figure took, Galen felt her panic rise. She couldn't see his face but she didn't need to. He paused at the bottom of the staircase and reached for something. A moment later harsh fluorescent lights ignited overhead, casting the dank basement into a contrast of bright light and terrible shadows.

Galen blinked, trying to help her eyes adjust. When her vision cleared she sat looking into the handsome face of Greg Daniels. His face was carefully schooled of all expression as he looked down at her. His gaze was so intense she couldn't hold it and dropped her eyes to the floor, tightening her small jacket around her. When he began walking toward her she quickly scurried away until she reached the end of the chain. But he didn't continue towards her, instead he stopped about half way there and began fiddling with something mounted on the wall. She looked closer and realized it was a video camera and the red light was on. Bile rose in her throat and she had to swallow fast. What was he planning?

"I'm so glad you could join me, Galen," he said, almost friendly in his tone. "I mean after our rocky start I wasn't sure I would see you again. It's so nice that you stopped by." His voice was slowly taking on a harder edge.

"What do you want?" Galen asked quietly. Perhaps is she kept him talking she would give Braedan enough time to find her. Thinking of Braedan sent a jolt of pain through her chest that she tried desperately to ignore.

"Oh, beautiful, I want so many things." His voice had deepened and he finally began making his way closer. When he was about a foot away he squatted down to her level and looked her up and down appraisingly, hunger clearly evident in his eyes. "I want to feel that delectable mouth of yours wrapped around my cock. I want to feel your smooth skin against mine and hear your pleas for release as I bury myself inside of you. I want to watch your ass grow red from the punishment you deserve, and I want to watch the tears fall down your face as you finally give in to me. And after all of that, I want you to drop the fucking charges you have against me. I want you to tell everybody that you came on to me, that you wanted to play rough but got embarrassed when that bastard Kelly walked in."

"Keep dreaming," she whispered back fiercely "You can do what you like to me but I will never do what you want."

"We'll see how you feel about that in a little while," he answered.

He reached forward and ran his hand up her leg gently. She tried to control herself but as his fingers roved higher she lashed out, kicking at him and yelling. He jumped back, out of her reach and she saw a flash of the rage she had seen at the hospital before his face shifted into a dark grin. He threw his head back and laughed, the sound sending unpleasant chills through her body. "I knew you would play hard to get," he said and then reached for the chain.

The scream that was torn from her was one of pain and terror. With the first jerk of the chain she felt and heard a pop in her ankle that brought tears, unbidden to her eyes. Using the chain he hauled her toward him quickly, grabbing her hair as soon as he could reach it. Using nothing except her hair he lifted her up until she was standing and shaking in front of him, tears fell down her face but the stubborn set to her jaw and the defiant gleam in her eye told him everything he needed to know. He pulled her harshly forward and captured her lips with his, kissing her roughly. She tried in vain to push his away, beating at his chest with her hands, when she tried to kick her bad ankle gave out and she screamed as she was held up by nothing but her hair. He ended the kiss after that, a smug smile on his face.

"I hope your ready for some fun, beautiful. Because I think we're going to be here for awhile." He threw her to the ground and walked over to the table lifting the quilt up and setting it aside. Galen didn't try moving away again, she just sat where she fell. Her hands came up to rub her head, trying to ease the pain and her ankle was throbbing and when she looked down it was easy to see why. The skin was broken and blood was sluggishly flowing down into her shoe, her sock was already red. Her shoe felt tight and she knew her foot and ankle were swelling. The blue and black marks that peaked out beneath the blood continued to darken.

She didn't know if it was broken but whatever it was she knew it wasn't good. She chanced a glance back at Daniels. He was busying himself with something at the table. He looked up and saw her eyes on him and he smiled, excitement evident on his face. She watched as he slipped something into the back of his pants and pick up another small black box.

"Now Galen," he began, moving back toward her. "Don't forget to smile for the camera." He lifted something in his hand and pointed it at her. Just as she realized what it was he pushed the button. Two tiny barbs shot out of the device and embedded themselves in her abdomen. The scream she was ready to voice clogged in her throat as 50,000 volts shot through her body. White hot pain lanced through her core and every muscle in her body contracted painfully. The seconds seemed like hours and when the pulse stopped she lay gasping for breath, her body feeling like she had just run a marathon. She looked up at Daniels with hatred in her eyes and all he did was smile and hit the button again.

She lost count of how many times it happened. When one cartridge ran out he would grab another and reload. Some times the blasts were short, others seemed to go on forever. She had tried to remain silent but after the first few she found herself screaming as soon as the current was cut off. She surprised her abductor with the words that left her mouth but they just made his smile grow. Eventually she couldn't even muster up enough strength to scream or swear; she just lay on the ground with her eyes closed, groaning.

She didn't think she could move if she wanted to, she had been prepared for all sorts of things from Daniels but this had never crossed her mind. He was slowly wearing her down both physically and mentally and as much as she hated herself for it she was so close to begging him to stop, telling him she'd do as he asked. Which of course is what he wanted all along, she thought. In the seconds between charges she realized that he didn't want to rape her, he wanted her to offer herself to him, to come to him willingly and he was oh so close to achieving that goal. An image of Braedan came into her head for the hundredth time and she couldn't stop the tears that began to cascade down her cheeks as she felt the approach of her betrayal. He wouldn't make it in time, she wasn't strong enough.

The pain hit again, this time lasting so long she thought she heard her own heart stop. But this time when the current shut off she felt different, lighter. She tried to open her eyes but they remained uncooperative. A thudding sound grew in strength and reverberated through her head and she realized with an ounce of relief that it was her heart, still beating strong. The light feeling spread through her body and when it finally reached her fingertips she dropped. Her last thought was at least she was saved from having to make a decision.

*****

Braedan drove like the devil was at his heels. The single mindedness in which he drove had both Ada and Peter gripping the emergency handles with white knuckles. As they had gotten in the truck Ada had explained that after Peter talked with the officer she tried calling her cousin who was also on the force. He'd told her that word had passed around to all the officers to be looking out for Galen. She explained the circumstances and he told her to call him if they found out anything else but sadly his hands were just as tied as everyone else's.

The one thing in their favor was the syringe that had been recovered. The officer who had taken their statements had sent it to the lab and just before Braedan woke up they had received a call confirming that Daniels' fingerprints had been found on the needle. Since he had obviously violated the terms of his bail he was suspect number one in Galen's disappearance, the whole police department was on the lookout for him. Braedan just nodded and kept driving, heading east and out of the city limits. They had been driving for about fifteen minutes when the vehicle swerved. Ada screamed and Peter grabbed the wheel from Braedan. Braedan had enough control to hit the brakes. The truck came to a screeching halt and everyone inside shook.

"What happened!?" Peter yelled, knowing it had something to do with Galen. Braedan shook his head, trying to clear it.

"I don't know, I just know that for a few seconds there she was in a lot of pain. But it's passed now." He dropped his head in his hands took a shuddering breath.

"Braedan, why don't I drive? You tell me which direction to go." Braedan nodded at Ada's suggestion and quickly got out of the drivers seat and climbed into the back. He was just putting his seat belt on when his body went rigid again and he screamed. Ada and Peter exchanged looks as Braedan's eyes focused once more. He didn't say anything just pointed straight ahead.

"Go," was the only word he could choke out. Ada drove, following Braedan's directions. After two more jolts of pain he was able to get a little better control over himself and was able to focus that pain into a clearer sense of direction. Thirty minutes later they were parked alongside a field looking at a run down looking house about two hundred yards away. In front of the house was a red sports car. Braedan was sure Galen was in there and it took everything he had not to storm the house now. Ada called her cousin and he listened as she read him the license plate of the car. A brief silence followed and Peter and Braedan looked at her as she listened. Her eyes met theirs and she nodded.

"It's his," she said softly and continued to listen to her cousin. She assured him that they were one hundred percent sure that Galen was being held inside and then she listened again. With a grim note of consent she ended the call. "We're out of his jurisdiction so he can't do anything himself. He says he's calling a friend who works for the county and he should be here in a few minutes, we just have to wait a little longer."

Peter swore and continued pacing, his eyes never leaving the house his sister was in. Braedan tried to focus and send comfort to Galen, to let her know he was close but he didn't know if anything made it through the web of pain she was feeling. The next wave hit and Braedan was grabbing at his chest, gasping. He didn't know if it was just the close proximity but this was by far the worst one yet. A lifetime later the pain ended. He tried to focus on Galen again but felt the connection dimming, she was fading. He looked at Peter and Ada, saw the worry and fear on their faces and he made perhaps the stupidest decision he'd ever made.

"You two wait for backup, I'm going to get her now before this goes any further." He took off at a run, listening as his two companions screamed for him to stop. Whatever he found in that house he would overcome, there was no question. He was getting Galen back, his love, and no one would ever hurt her again.

*****

The island was a welcome sight to her weary spirit. She lay on the ground looking up at the sky and waited. She didn't know what for but she did. When two heads appeared over her suddenly she sucked in a surprised gasp.

"Who are you?" she asked but again they shook their heads.

"Introductions will come soon enough but you must sit up and watch, Braedan is in danger."

"Braedan?" She sat up quickly and followed the twins to the waters edge. One of them waved her hand above the water and a familiar image appeared as the basement came into focus. She watched as Daniels tased her unconscious body once more before throwing the device to the ground. She watched as he dragged her body away from the wall and quickly unlatched the chain from her ankle. His hands lingered on her flesh and she felt sick as she watched him start to tug at her clothes. Apparently she was wrong about his intentions.

He pulled her shoes off first and then reached for her pants. When they were off and thrown across the room he finally released her prone body and reached for his own clothes. When he pulled the gun out of his waste band and set it on the ground nearby she felt cold all over. He had just finished releasing himself from his pants when his head jerked toward the stairs and he reached for the gun. Galen watched in horror as Braedan dashed down the stairs only to stop in his tracks when he realized a gun was aimed at his chest. She was surprised when she heard Braedan's voice.

"Let her go, Daniels," he growled. He'd quickly taken in the man's state of undress and a glance at Galen had him fearing the worst.

"Well if it isn't the noble Dr. Kelly to the rescue," Daniels retorted. "I'm sorry I can't honor your request but I haven't quite had my fill of the lovely Miss Lang yet. Sorry to disappoint."

Braedan's eyes flashed rage and he took a step forward, Daniels cocked the gun.

"I wouldn't do that, Doc. I don't have to kill you, but I will if you push me."

"You won't get away with this Greg. The police are on their way, you have nowhere to go."

"You are just digging your grave a little faster with each word you mutter, Doc. Keep it up, I have a bullet with your name on." The sneer on Daniels' face told Galen that he meant every word. He was going to shoot Braedan. She turned to the two women beside and saw the sadness on their faces, as if they had already given up hope.

"No!" she screamed. "I won't allow this to happen." She turned back to the image in the water just as Daniels' finger positioned itself on the trigger. "NO!" she yelled and dove into the water.

*****

Braedan watched as Daniels' finger landed on the trigger. He sent a silent apology to Galen, wherever she was and braced himself. The guttural scream that erupted from the beautiful girl on the floor was the last thing he expected. A startled Daniels whirled around and his eyes widened when they met the glowing blue gaze of the woman he had spent the last hour torturing. Her hands connected with his chest and her eyes locked with his. Braedan watched as the man's body went rigid, the gun falling useless to the ground. The glowing blue of her eyes began to dim and when they had returned to normal Daniels' body collapsed onto the floor, unmoving.