South Mountain Pack Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tears streamed down his face as he said, "That's why we are so loyal to the Pack and especially Alpha Carlo, Frank and Joe. They believed in us and protected us when our own families turned their backs on us. They didn't even know us and took better care of us then people that were supposed to love us unconditionally. I love my family, but I don't think I can forget or forgive them for what they did and didn't do."

Holly didn't know what to say so she did what felt natural, she put her arms around him and hugged him as they cried. Todd and Matt feeling their mates distress looked at them to make sure they were okay.

Todd asked worriedly, "Hols, are you okay?" Holly replayed the conversation to Todd and he visibly stiffened, horrified at what Matt and Phil had gone through. "Take care of him, he needs you," he sent quietly as he moved Matt away from the girls and explained what was going on.

Matt continued to look at his mate while the girls continued to try on shoes. He said quietly, "I'm glad he's finally talking to somebody, he's always refused to tell anyone what happened. He keeps so much inside of him sometimes but I know how much he hurts and until he faces the truth it won't get better. Even now he is still protecting those he loves, including me and there are still secrets he hasn't divulged."

Todd looked at him with understanding in his eyes and said quietly, "I think you need someone to talk to also and I'm here for you. You can't always be the strong one, sometimes you have to share the burden before it overwhelms you."

Matt looked at Todd before glancing away, tears evident in his eyes. He cleared his throat and said in a raspy voice, "I think I'd like that, I miss having an older brother to talk to. After my sister died in a car accident, Jimmy and I were inseparable until he found out I was gay. Afterwards he wouldn't even look at me and he refused to let his mate Gloria talk to me or my nephew and niece come near me."

"Even now Phil is trying to protect me," he continued in a quiet voice. "He didn't tell Holly that one of the men who would restrain him was my brother. My own fucking brother would stand there and watch them beat me and did nothing to protect me or my mate. How can Phil forgive me for that? How can I forgive myself?"

Todd sent a message to his Dad, "Dad, can you come and be with the girls, I'm having a conversation with Matt and it's pretty important."

"On my way," Papa Mike responded without question.

Todd drew a deep breath and said, "Matt, there is nothing to forgive. Phil knows it wasn't your fault, the fault lies with your brother. You didn't make him restrain Phil, he did that on his own. You didn't make him stand there and watch you get beaten, it was his choice to do nothing to protect you or your mate."

"When Frank and Joe were escorting us out, I saw my whole family there. I tried to say goodbye but they glared at me and walked away, like I was a piece of trash they couldn't wait to be rid of. I said I love you and they never even turned around to look at me," Matt rasped out, tears falling down his face.

Todd pulled Matt into his arms as he whispered, "I'm sorry your family let you down when you needed them, families are meant to love and protect each other and I'm sorry you didn't have that."

Leaning back Todd looked Matt in the eye and said, "Those people can never hurt you again, unless you dwell on the past. You have to focus on the present and your future. You have a mate who loves you and a Pack who care for you and love you. They love you because of what you stand for and who you are, not what they want you to be. In the end that is the most important thing."

Matt took a deep breath as they let go of each other and said, "I never thought of it that way. When we got here, the Alpha's insisted we stay with them while we healed, even though they had a house ready for us. When we opened the shop there were so many people helping us we could barely move, not because they had to be there, but because they wanted to."

Todd smiled at him and said, "Sometimes it takes seeing through a different pair of eyes to realize what is in front of you. I could tell how much you mean to everyone at the Ceremony and the protection details you are assigned. Do you think you and Phil would have been put in charge of the women and little ones if they didn't have absolute faith in you? They trusted you with the things they love the most."

Todd looked over and saw Brianna in her full school uniform and smiled before continuing, "I've only known you for a day, but seeing the confidence the Big Three have in you, I can say I fully trust you and Phil with the safety of my daughters. I've only entrusted them with family and I've always wanted a baby brother to boss around, I guess this means I have two now."

"Thank you big brother for everything and you were right, I did need to talk to somebody," Matt said with a smile and then asked, "The Big Three?"

"Yeah, Carlo, Frank and Joe, the biggest three I know of. And you're welcome, but

as your big brother you will find I am generally right, just don't tell Holly." As the two men started to laugh Todd glanced at his daughters and said, "Now, if you don't mind, let's move over to the girls, I don't want to go bankrupt buying shoes."

Matt laughed even harder when he saw the boxes piled in front of the girls and said, "I think it's too late."

They moved over to the shoe section in time to hear Papa Mike say, "Okay, so we're in agreement then? You each get one pair of Topsiders, KEDS, Converse and Timberlands. Plus, you'll get two pairs of ballet flats at the mall, since they don't have those here."

"Papa Mike, can we substitute shoes? Since I won't be in school, I'd rather get some running shoes," said Shannon.

"Crap, I forgot about other shoes you need. Alright, here is the updated agreement," said Papa Mike while the girls got quiet to listen. "Everyone will get what we agreed on earlier plus running shoes, snow boots and a pair of sandals. Plus the two pairs of ballet flats at the Mall and one other pair to be named later, okay?"

The girls nodded their head in agreement going over to their individual piles to make sure they had what Papa Mike said as JR called over more help to bring out more shoes for the girls to try on.

"Why don't you just hand them a credit card and let them buy anything they want?" asked Todd as his daughters started to smile, used to them arguing.

"What? I have things under control," said Papa Mike with a frown on his face.

"Under control? They have two feet, they can only wear one pair at a time, why do they need so many?" asked Todd. "And what the hell is 'a pair to be named later'? This isn't a baseball trade for players from the minors."

"Because they do, that's why. Don't argue with me, I'm your father and their grandfather and if I say they need ten pairs of shoes, then they get ten pairs of shoes. Argument over," stated Papa Mike as he glared at Todd while the girls giggled and Matt tried not to laugh. JR looked at the ceiling with a big smile on his face.

"Whatever," Todd said throwing his hands up in the air. "You explain it to Holly."

"Oh crap, I forgot about Holly. Maybe she won't notice," said Papa Mike worriedly as he thought of his daughter in laws reaction as everyone started to laugh.

Todd said, "Yeah right, like Hols won't notice seventy pairs of shoes at the checkout or being brought into the house."

"What won't Holly notice?" Holly asked causing Todd, Papa Mike and Matt to jump while the girls giggled.

"Ugh, nothing Hols. We were deciding on the shoes they needed and it's a lot more then we thought. You know with training, snow and giving them options so they don't have to wear the same pair to school everyday," said Todd with a shrug.

"I knew they'd need more then a couple pair. I'm surprised the piles are so small, I figured the two of you would buy them one of everything," said Holly with a smile.

Nana Ellen walked over and said, "The uniforms are done and being bagged, Carol suggested we get them five shirts and pants and two cardigans. With Holly and I being busy getting the store up and running, we won't have to do laundry as often."

Papa Mike smiled at his mate and said, "Good thinking, but I still think we should get another washer and dryer. It'll take forever with one set."

The next hour was spent finalizing shoe selections. The girls after only ever having one style shoe in one color were amazed and delighted to get shoes different from their sisters.

"At our store, we sell different color shoe laces, so you can individualize them even more. Sophia and Maria come in all the time to get them to match their outfits," said Matt with a smile on his face as the girls started talking excitedly.

Todd rolled his eyes, "Thanks, as if standing here for an hour listening to them debate about what color shoes to get isn't bad enough, now I'm going to have to listen to them decide on shoe laces. Not to mention the hair ribbons and other assorted crap." He turned to Matt and glared at him saying, "I thought you were on my side."

"Aren't younger brothers supposed to torment their older brothers?" Matt said with a grin bumping against Todd's shoulder.

"I think we're finally done," Holly said with a relieved look on her face. "Let me check everyone's pile one last time and then we can bring them to the register."

JR ran the register as Holly had each girl write their names on their shoe boxes so there wouldn't be any arguing later. "Okay, your total after discount, plus tax comes to $6,221.65," said JR with a smile.

Todd looked at his daughters and said, "Which one of you is paying?" Holly whacked him on his arm and his daughters groaned as he got his credit card out.

After the boxes and bags were loaded into the vehicles, Carol said to Phil, "I'll see you and Matt on Wednesday, the usual time still okay?"

"Unfortunately, we'll have to miss meatloaf and mashed potato night. Darn it, and you were going to make broccoli casserole this week, weren't you? I love that," Phil said with a sigh. "The girls have training and assessments Wednesday and Frank and Joe want us there to help evaluate them."

"Once school starts, the girls training class begins at 3:30. They should be done by 7 and JR gets home at 7:30, so you have plenty of time," said Carol with a smile. "I was going to try a new Apple Crisp recipe with a cinnamon honey glaze and serve it with French vanilla ice cream from Fred's."

"If you don't mind holding dinner, then yes we will come over as usual. We'll bring the ice cream though," said Phil with a big smile.

JR patted Phil on the back saying, "I swear she looks forward to dinner with the two of you more then she does with me. She'll hold dinner for you, but what do I get? Leftovers in the oven."

Carol put her hands on her hips and said, "Well, they treat me better then you do. They bring me flowers and after dinner they help with dishes."

"Well of course they bring you flowers, they own a damn flower shop," said JR as everyone started laughing. "And they help clean the dishes because they are thankful they don't have to eat their own cooking."

Seeing the confused looks on the Millers, Carol said, "When it was discovered Phil and Matt couldn't cook, they got invited by several of the families for dinner and that's when the trouble started." She looked at Phil and Matt who were grinning. "They would bring flowers and help clean up and the invitations poured in. That's when the arguments started over where they would go, so now Madame Gina sends out a schedule at the beginning of every month, but Wednesdays are reserved for me and my meatloaf and mashed potatoes, Phil loves them."

"Not all stereotypes are true about gay men," said Phil with a smile. "Neither of us can cook, the first couple of weeks on our own we existed on Pop Tarts, sandwiches and cereal and we still ended up with food poisoning. In the last two years we've blown up four microwaves, destroyed five toasters and set the stove on fire twice. I'm still not sure how it happened the second time when we weren't even using it. We haven't even tried to use the oven, we're afraid of it."

Todd was laughing so hard he had to put his hands on his knees. "Tell me you can at least cook on a grill, every man can cook on a grill. I think it's ingrained in our DNA or something."

Matt started blushing and he took a deep breath before saying, "Well, we HAD a grill, it was a housewarming present from the Carlucci's. Luckily, it was on the pool deck when it uhmm, kinda blew up. Madame Gina forbids us to try and cook anymore; I think she's afraid we'll burn down the house." Everyone was laughing so hard even Matt joined in.

Phil looked at his watch and said, "Ooh, if we want the girls to get their headbands and ribbons we'd better get going. Carol, remember we'll pick up the ice cream and we'll be there as quick as we can on Wednesday."

The Millers quickly thanked JR and Carol for their help and then piled in their vehicles and followed Matt and Phil to their store which was a few minutes away.

*****

Frank and Joe continued to play Carlucci golf with the youngsters for thirty minutes and then Frank said, "Let's take a break, we need to have a talk. Damian, grab some waters and juices from the kitchen, the patio fridge is filled for tonight's guests."

The youngsters immediately moved towards the patio and Damian helped take their gloves and helmets off. After he was finished he went into the kitchen and brought out armfuls of drinks for everyone. Alberto, Angelo and Anthony talked quietly while the rest of the Clan sat silently, wondering what was going on.

Frank, Rose, Joe and Annie sat staring at each other without talking. When it felt like the tension had reached a breaking point and even Anthony, Alberto and Angelo could feel it, Frank and Joe stood up.

"What we say here today has to be kept quiet. There are only a few people who know and until a decision is made, I want it to remain in the family," said Frank who made eye contact with each of the youngsters and saw them nod their head.

"Mr. C, do you want me to leave?" asked Angelo. "You probably want Ant and Al here because of the girls, but I won't be offended if you want me to leave."

Joe smiled at him and said, "Angelo, since your brother is the intended of my daughter that makes you family, but you don't get a vote."

"I can live with that," he replied smiling as he leaned back in his chair.

Frank explained everything that happened with the Davis, Carlsbad and Grant Packs and didn't leave out any of the details; he wanted them to be aware of everything involved with the Packs. The youngsters looked horrified and he noticed Sophia and Maria were being held close to their intended's sides.

Joe waited several moments before he told them of the proposal from the Alpha Council that he and Frank become Alpha's of the New Mexico Packs, and Todd become Alpha of Davis Pack. Silence descended over the patio as the youngsters absorbed the announcement and then they started to talk at once.

"What does that mean exactly?" "Are you going and leaving us here?" "Are we all going?" "What if we don't want to go?" "What about our plans for the company?" "What is the Pack like?" "What's their security like?" "When do you have to make the decision?" "What do you know about the Packs?" "Does this mean we would be in two separate Packs? We've never been apart before" "What about my intended? I won't leave Brianna" "I won't leave Morgan, so what does that mean for me?"

Frank and Joe looked at their daughters who hadn't said anything, but both were crying. Anthony stood up and pushed Sophia behind him, pinning her between the wall and his back. He looked at Frank and a feral growl escaped his throat as his eyes turned pure amber, his arms were fully extended with his claws out and the seams of his shirt were straining as he was trying not to shift.

Alberto grabbed Maria backing up against the wall next to Anthony. He cradled her in his arms, deeply scenting her neck as he also let out a feral growl. He looked at Joe and his eyes turned amber and his body started to shake as he fought the shift.

"MINE," they shouted, enraged at the thought of being separated from their mates.

"Oh fuck," said Frank and Joe quietly.

The Clan stood up quickly, intent on protecting the girls and Anthony and Alberto swung their gazes towards them and growled, this time it was deeper and more forceful. Frank said, "Boys sit back down; their wolves perceive us as threats to their mates. Rose and Annie move to the doors, do it slowly and do not make eye contact with them." Rose and Annie got up, displaying their necks to Anthony and went to stand at the French doors.

Frank said, "Their wolves are about to come out, they're losing control and I don't want to fight my future son in law. I think the girls are the only ones who can calm them down."

"That's going to be difficult since the girls are so upset," answered Joe as he stared at his daughter who continued to cry in Alberto's arms. Frank heard Sophia crying too and her arms were encircled around Anthony's waist.

"Calm down boys, we don't want to fight you. Alberto please put Maria down, I know you don't want to hurt her but your wolf is very close to the surface," said Joe in a calm voice and he moved his hands up as if surrendering. "If you shift, she could accidentally get hurt and I know you don't want that."

Frank put his hands up and said quietly, "Anthony, I don't want to fight you son, but my wolf is on edge and I'm barely controlling him. I need you to calm down and I need to see my daughter, I want to make sure she is okay, I can hear her crying."

Alberto growled even louder as he pulled Maria tighter to his chest. Maria responded by curling up tighter against his chest as she scented his neck and her injured arm moved up and she caressed his cheek with her hand. At her touch he glanced down at her and said, "I would never hurt my mate. You're the one who is hurting her by trying to take her from me, and I will not allow us to be separated."

Anthony continued to glare at Frank and said in a commanding tone, "You will not take my mate from me. She is mine and will stay here with me, she is the future Madame Alpha of this Pack and she stays here." There was such power behind his voice that everyone shivered and tilted their neck in a submissive posture.

Joe rolled his neck and tried to calm his wolf down; he was pacing back and forth, his fur standing on end at the threat to his daughter. "Maria, I need you to tell Alberto you're okay so he can calm down. Please sweetheart, listen to me, I don't know how much longer I can keep my wolf at bay while you are in danger and I do not want to fight with my son in law."

Alberto looked down at Maria. "I'm okay Leone, I just don't want to leave you," she sobbed into his neck while she continued to caress his cheek. "Put me down before Daddy fights with you, please. Daddy just wants to make sure I'm okay."

Anthony pulled Sophia in front of him so her back was against his chest; his arms encircled her waist as he scented her neck. His claws had retracted but his eyes were still amber as he glared at Frank and the rest of the males. Sophia was crying and he whispered to her, "Please stop crying Arachide, you're breaking my heart."

"Please Daddy, don't take me away," Sophia said as she looked at her Father, tears streaming down her face. "I don't want to leave my mate, please Daddy."

"Come here, little one," said Frank with a raspy voice, holding his hand out to her. Anthony released Sophia and she ran to her Father and he picked her up, cradling her in his arms, sinking onto a chair and rocking her. "Little one, I didn't mean to get you so upset. We're only talking about this, nothing has been decided. We'll make the decision as a family, like we always do. I'm so sorry, please stop crying."

123456...9