Southern Dreams Ch. 1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"…only if you would like to sir." Jolting him back to the present, "Please excuse me madam, I apologize but I did not hear what you were telling me."

Allison descends the steps. As she reaches the bottom step she stops. "Sir if you will please dismount I will show you a place where the wounded can be sheltered in order to protect them from the heat." He smiles at her and obligingly dismounts. Allison walks over to him and standing next to him, points to the barn across the grounds where the wounded can be taken. He looks down on her and smiles thanking her for her kindness and generosity. He turns to his aide and instructs him to have the healthier men to help move those that are wounded or sick to the barn. Allison looks at him while he does so. Why is she so intrigued with him? He's a Yankee, she thinks to herself and you know nothing about him. This isn't how a lady should act or even think for that matter. But she can't help herself. He towers over her. His shoulders broad, his features sharp and defined, his voice authoritative and commanding when speaking to his troops, but tender and gentle when speaking to her.

"Miss Allison, we have the water and food ready ma'am." "Thank you Moses, please show the Captain's aide where the men can go to be fed." Turning back to the Captain and without even giving it a thought she finds herself saying, "Sir, would you care to join me in the parlor for a refreshing glass of lemonade?"

Did he hear her correctly? He looks down on her, her head bending down, her hair falling around her face. She looks up at him, brushing the hair away. He sees the blushed cheeks and the shyness in her eyes. Smiling down at her, "Madam, I have not had a more pleasing invitation in a long time. I accept your gracious invitation."

Allison turns her attention to Mammy, "Mammy, please prepare some lemonade and sandwiches and have them served in the parlor." Mammy gives her a look of disapproval and Allison just motions with her eyes for her to do as she has been asked. Mumbling beneath her breath Mammy slowly moves to do as she has been asked. Allison looks at the Captain. "Sir, will you join me now."

"With pleasure madam." Robert turns to his aide and instructs him as do what he is do and where he will be if needed. Allison has ascended the steps and turns to wait for him. Robert smiles at her, he feels a yearning, a burning desire in him that has been dormant for so long. It's a desire that he has not felt for the other women he has been with. No, this is something different, something he almost forgot he could feel. He watches her skirt as it sways about her hips as she glides to the front door. Standing next to her, he takes in the aroma of her wonderful perfume. A scent that is delicate as she is but powerful enough to capture any man's attention.

Once inside, Allison opens the parlor doors. Robert removes his hat, sword, gloves and gun and places them on a table just outside the parlor door. She looks backward at him and notices that he has his eyes on her. She bites her bottom lip and proceeds thru the doors. The parlor is lovely and tastefully decorated with the finest furnishings brought from Europe and shipped in from Boston and New York. Marble tabletops, across the room directly from the doors, a fireplace with shelves built on either side. The finest vases and other ornaments grace the shelves of the bookcase. Three portraits are hung on the wall above the mantle. On the left is a portrait of a man of stature. His eyes portray that of a man full of determination and authority. A painting of a beautiful woman hangs on the right. Her hair is swept up, away from her face. She has the same delicate features as Allison. As Allison, she appears to be made of porcelain and to be very fragile. However, there is something about her, the same as he saw in Allison when instructing the servants earlier, that lets it be known that this is no ordinary woman. This is a woman that has her own mind and makes no effort to constrain her opinions to herself. In the middle there hangs a painting of three children. Well, the two boys appear to be older than the girl is. The girl who has so much life radiating from her large round hazel eyes. When looking at that portrait you are immediately drawn to her. "That's my father, my two brothers and myself and my mother".

Robert turns his attention to her. Smiling, "You're like a mirrored image of your mother." Allison turns her head to him and just slightly smiles. He senses that something is not has it should be but does not feel like he has the right to pursue anything personal at this point.

As she looks down she notices his left hand. It has a gashing wound on it that looks as though it may be getting infected. Without thinking, she takes his hand in hers "How did this happen to you?" Surprised by her actions but at the same time inwardly delighted he tells her that it really wasn't as bad as it looked and that he received it in a battle that he had just been engaged in. At that time Mammy comes in with a tray of delicious refreshments. "Mammy, please come here and look at this." Reluctantly, she comes over "I suppose that it's getting pretty bad looking missy." "Please go and retrieve the proper medicines and bandages Mammy." Looking up at Robert "This really should be attended to before it becomes any worse"

"Madam I offer to you my sincerest appreciation at the kindness that you've not only shown my men but to me as well. I am indeed the most fortunate though of my men, for I am being attended to by the most wonder…" Mammy returns back from the kitchen huffing and puffing "Here be that medicine missy" "Thank you Mammy." "I didn't get no bandages. There is be none to be found" "Thank you Mammy. You have been most helpful." Mammy stands there not thinking it proper to leave Allison alone with this Yankee. "Mammy you may leave now" "Missy, I thinks that it be best that I stays put."

Looking at Robert and not taking her eyes off of him, "Mammy, you may leave…now…please." For the first time since their meeting they both are looking at each other and neither releases their gazes out of embarrassment or shame. Gently, Allison tends to Robert's hand. The medicine burns slightly, though he doesn't say anything his body reacts involuntarily. "I'm sorry sir" "You have done nothing to be sorry for madam." His voice growing even softer "nothing at all." "I know that perhaps this is not the most proper of things to do sir, but since we are out of our bandages one must be resourceful and use what there is." Bending down in front of him and lifting the hem of her dress, Allison grips the bottom of her petticoat and rips a strip long enough to bandage Robert's hand. While she does this, Robert watches her every move as though she moves in slow motion. He takes in everything about her. How her neckline opens as a door, inviting him to take in the beauty of the fullness of her young breasts. He can only imagine how they would feel on his bare chest if he were laying beside her now. Holding her next to him, their bodies touching. He shakes his head. No, he will not allow himself to drift like this. This is a southern woman. A woman that will in all probability be more than happy to turn him and his troops over to Johnny Reb, and never be his to know intimately. Damn this war. In another place, another time, there would be no restrictions, no barriers, nor any prejudices to be concerned about. "Sir, may I see your hand please." "Please call me Robert ma'am". He holds out his hand and she timidly smiles at him as he requests her to call him by his proper name. Tenderly she bandages his hand with the strip of material that she tore from her petticoat. Once bandaged, their hands still touching, there has not been a word spoken, but never has there been anything spoken louder than what was right now. Robert takes a step towards Allison. Looking down on her, the look of desire full in his eyes, his lips part has he takes another step towards Allison. Standing so close that they can feel their breath on each other, he bends towards her. She closes her eyes, preparing herself for his kiss. "Missy…I jest checking to see if you'd be needing anything." Robert moves away from Allison abruptly. Somewhat frustrated at Mammy's timing "NO, Mammy. If I need you for anything, I will summon you. Is that clear?" Mammy starts her mumbling again and departs from the room. "She's very protective of you, isn't she?" Robert says with a grin.

"She has been like a second mother to me ever since I can remember and more so

in recent months." Allison takes her left hand and pushes her hair behind her left ear.

Immediately Robert sees this horrible bruise on the side of her face next to her ear that

had, up until this time, been covered by her hair. He lightly brushed his fingers along the

bruise on her face. Pulling away from him, Allison moves to the window and looks out

across the grounds.

"How did that happen to you?" "Barely audible, "Union soldiers."

"Excuse me?" he says as he steps closer to her. Standing directly behind her, "Please tell me again who did this to you.

" Turning towards him, tears welled up in her eyes "Union soldiers."

Could she have said what he thought she said? "Did you say Union soldiers, ma'am?"

"Yes."

"When did this happen to you?"

"Just a couple of nights ago sir."

"Please, I'm Robert."

"Just a couple of nights ago Robert."

Taking her by the arm, Robert leads her to the settee and sits down with her. "Allison, I understand that this is very difficult for you to discuss. However, I have to know what happened. This soldier is not an adequate representation of our men and any information that you can give me will be most helpful in locating him and making sure that he along with whoever were his accomplices are brought to justice. I would never put you through reliving that evening again if it was not important." He gingerly touches her hands that she has crossed in her lap. He can feel her tremble and reassuringly he promises her that these men will be captured. "I make this vow to you Allison. You will see these men brought to justice. No woman should ever have to endure the harshness you have had to endure."

Looking into his eyes she begins to tell him the events of that dreadful night. Lowering her head and taking a deep breath "I had just readied myself for bed and was finishing my entry in my journal. I had my window open so the night air could fill my room. I heard a noise outside and went and looked out. It was hoof beats. Immediately I thought that it was my father and brothers coming home. Nothing else even crossed my mind. I grabbed my robe and started calling for mammy and Joshua to get up and get the rest of the servants ready to greet my family. I ran down the stairs and out the front door. I could see four men on their horses but could not distinguish the color of uniform that they were wearing. However, like I said it never occurred to me to even think of the possibility that these were anyone else but my family. That is until I was close enough to see that these were Yankees. I was still trying to get my robe on when the reality of the identity of these riders were made clear." With tears beginning to run down her cheeks, Robert takes his thumb and wipes them away. His touch is soothing and closing her eyes she continues. "I heard someone say, well, look what we have come across here boys. Seems as though tonight is going to be lucky in more than one way."

Allison subconsciously squeezes Robert's hand, gripping it tightly as she continues to give him the accounts of that night. "Once I realized that this was not my family, I started backing up and was going to run back to the house.

"Don't let that sweet thing get away boys." I could hear the horses galloping behind me. "Grab her Benjamin." The next I know my arms are being held behind my back. Out of the darkness he came. He grabbed my face in his hands." Looking up at Robert, "Is that when he struck you?" "No, umm, this is so hard Robert." Pulling her closer to him, her head resting on his shoulder, his arm around her, stroking her hair, he kisses the top of her head.

"Allison, I'm not going to ask you to do or say anything that will embarrass you but please remember the more you tell me the more that I will have to go on when reporting this incident to my authorities."

"He grabbed my face with one hand and with his other he started tracing my throat down (her hands retrace the same movements as her assailant) down to the opening of my gown. "I'm going to take pleasure in unwrapping this southern whore. When I'm done with her and if there's anything left of her, then you each can have your fill of her. But I have a feeling she's going to be really good to me."

Allison pulls away from Robert's shoulder and looks at him…her body starting to tremble, "He scared me so. His hands were so rough and forceful. I didn't know what to do. All I knew is that I couldn't let him do this me. I raised my knee and as forcefully as I could I kick him. I remember him saying some profanity and bending over. After I kicked him I stomped on the man's foot that was holding my arms. I ran for the front steps and I heard the man that was had been talking about doing these things to me yell out "Get that bitch." One of the men grabbed my leg as I was running up the steps and pulled me down. He sat on my back and I heard the other man say… 'Turn her over…I want to see that whore's face as I take her'. I could feel my body being turned over and someone was at my head holding my arms down. I was trying so hard to get away from them. I didn't want any of them touching me. 'So you think that you could get away from me tramp? Did you?' That's when he began slapping me. 'But, I have to admit that it's a turn to finally get a hold of a southern slut who wants to put up a fight and doesn't just open her legs willingly.' I could feel the one that called me those horrible names. Take his hands and try to pry my legs apart."

Allison begins to cry softly. Robert soothes her and looks at her so tenderly. She swallows hard and Robert can sense her embarrassment…he is infuriated at what she had to endure and even more so because it was at the hands of his own kind of the union that he so proudly served. He doesn't understand why, but he has this feeling that he wants to protect her, to shelter her from such horrendous treatment.

"It was then that one of the other men came galloping up and said that they had to leave immediately. Rebels had been spotted just a mile up the road. They couldn't waste anytime. The man on top of me told one of his men to light a match and hold it up to him. When the match was lit he said, 'Don't think that this is the last time that our paths will cross slut.' Pulling my face to his, I see the darkness in his eyes for the very first time, those eyes were evil Robert. He smirked at me and said, 'I will be back my sweet' and leaning down and whispering in my ear said 'and I will be tasting that sweetness'. He pushed me backwards and I heard them leave." She starts crying harder and Robert takes her in his arms and pulls him to her. He takes his thumb and index finger and places them on her trembling chin.

Pulling her head upwards and looking directly into her eyes, "You will not have to endure that again Allison. Regardless what he threatened to do, you will not be put through that torment ever again. I would give anything to take you away from here and have you go with me, if you would so honor me by doing so. And indeed Allison, it would be an honor to have you come with me. However, this being war I would not want to place you in any danger and therefore I will leave some of my men here to guard you and your home. I will give them the appropriate orders to follow if these cowards should have the gull to appear here again." "I have not been that frightened by anyone in a long time Robert. This man was evil…the devil himself." "You have nothing else to fear from him ever again Allison. I promise you." Saying that he draws her closer to him and looking deeply into her eyes brushes her lips tenderly gently with his…not wanting to frightened her or make her feel uncomfortable. But to his surprise, she does not withdraw from his embrace but presses herself closer to him. Their lips touch kissing lightly at first and then with more passion. He has his arms around her and leans her back onto the back of the couch…leaning half on and half off of her…kissing her with more passion. They begin to moan lightly and their breathing increases and become heavier and heavier. How he wants to move his hands over her body but fights that urge with all the will within him. Just as their passion began to grow, Allison pulled back and stared at Robert, her eyes filled with question seeking his for answers. As she looked into his eyes she saw a measure of love that she had never seen in the eyes of any man except for her father as he had looked at her mother. This was enough to convince her that what she was feeling and doing was right. She surrendered herself to his arms, surrendered herself to him. As his lips come down to meet hers again he heard her whisper, " take me upstairs and love me as I see the love in your eyes." Standing before her, Robert held his arms out for her. Allison placed her hands in his and trying to control his desire for her; he pulled her close to him. Is this really happening? Can it be that he is going to know the feel of her skin next to his? Looking down at her, he knows that as improbable as it sounds that he is falling in love with her. She is not like the other women that he as bedded. She is not looking for a husband or just a quick affair like so many of the others he had known. In her eyes he sees a sense of maturity about her that most women don't achieve their whole lifetime, yet she has despite her youth and youthful tenderness. Placing his hands gently on each side of her face, he kisses her forehead, each cheek, the tip of her nose and just before kissing her wanting lips he surveys her face and looks into her eyes, "Allison, don't think that I take this casually. Stroking the hair away from her forehead, "I'll not live my life having only been with you once." He quickly grasped her by her waist and kissed her with a passion that had been dormant within him for so long. Sweeping Allison up in his arms Robert started to carry her towards the curving staircase. Just as he started up Mammy rushed in to the foyer followed closely behind by his aide de camp.

"Miss Allison, Miss Allison this man needs to talk to the Captain rights away", she called out.

Robert lowers Allison back onto the stairs, turning he glares at his aide," This had better be good."

The aide, somber and knowing that it is in his best interest to remain that way looks at Robert and hands him a bound leather pack," Sir this communiqué just arrived from General Grant's camp. His rider is waiting for the Captains response."

Robert opens the pack, quickly reads the message and turns back to the parlor. He gathers this belongings buckling his sword on as he walks towards the door. Allison calls out to him as he starts out, " Robert what is going on? Where are you going?"

Robert stops, directs his aide to tell the rider he will be there momentarily as then he looks at Mammy who turns and goes back to the parlor." Allison I am afraid that I have been asked to undertake a mission of grave importance. General Grant has asked that I take a squad of my best soldiers and try and turn or at least slow a push towards Washington by a large contingency of Rebel troops. I have to leave right now, as much as I wish I did not I must."

Allison runs into his arms, burying her face in his shoulder, wrapping her arms about his neck. She pulls back and looks into his eyes, her own filled with tears and kisses him hard on the lips. "Come back to me my love, please come back," she whispers.