Stand for Love Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do you want to divorce me and..." Adrian glared at angry, furious looking Jake. "...marry Jake?"

"Fuck! That would never happen, I love you, Nicholas shouted in his heart. Okay seriously, that was definitely insane. What was really happening to him? He should be shouting to the boy how much he hates him and...how much he loves him. What the fuck was that love part for, Nicholas cursed in his heart?

He needed to let Adrian go before his plans succeeded. Fuck, the word, 'let him go,' was even more painful than he thought it had been earlier. He had stayed in his rooms for two days, hoping and crying for Adrian. Now he was back and he couldn't even raise his face to look into those eyes that had hurt him more? Now he was definitely losing it.

His heart was telling him he was such a fool and his mind was telling him that he was the greatest idiot on earth. If only he could do something to reverse everything. He'd have wished none of those things happened before. He'd have wished it had been a dream and he wakes up holding Adrian in his tight arms.

But poisoning his mother, trying to steal his wealth and lying about loving him was a deal breaker. That was it for him. He loved Adrian but he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with a boy who had a selfish and dangerous motive.

What if he had gotten the wealth and killed him after. Fuck, why did I have to think of that, Nicholas thought as he felt a drop of sweat drop to the floor? He couldn't stay there anymore. Sure, the family members would be disappointed in him for not telling the boy that he didn't love him anymore but at least he wouldn't open his mouth and yell that he didn't want to divorce Adrian.

The smart thing to do was to just go to his room and be in his own grief.

Nicholas gave a low groan, warmed up his legs and took a painful step that made him remember all those wonderful moments with Adrian. He quickly increased his pace and headed upstairs, looking angry. He heard Victoria calling him but he didn't want to respond or it would have been a disaster. He kept on going and never looked back. He rather rushed up the stairs.

"See what you've done?" Victoria snapped as she rushed to Adrian.

Adrian's smile faded and he stared everywhere, realizing that he'd been centered. He felt his heart pound in heart. He had no idea what the remaining members would say to him but he wouldn't let their words affect him. He'd rather stand strong and smile.

Adrian quickly repositioned himself, arms crossed on chest; smile as bright as ever and eyes looking around. He got caught when he saw granny standing just behind Noah, smiling and looking worried at the same time.

God, he loved her. She was a saint who stood by him when everyone else thought of him as evil. Much as he wanted to stare at her forever he had a crowd to handle before he got hurt, verbally.

He stood firm and waited for whatever they were gonna say to him. He knew who was gonna be first and he got ready to hear it.

"Did you see that?" Victoria angrily pointed to the stairs. Adrian looked to the stairs and there was no Nicholas. He had gone to his room.

"What did I do?"

"You made him more hurt," Noah snapped, furiously pointing to the stairs.

Adrian chuckled, looking towards the stairs.

"I gave him a choice," Adrian smiled, realizing how much Nicholas still loved him. "He chose not to divorce me because he still loves me."

"No!" Victoria snapped, chuckling like an evil warlord. "That wasn't love. It was hatred."

Adrian still smiled. That wasn't painful at all. It rather made him stronger than he was. Had it been three days ago he'd have knelt down and begged them to stop telling him that but he was transformed. He was a new Adrian, stronger and more determined.

"Love doesn't just melt like ice," Adrian smiled, licking his lower lips as he went down memory lane to the time when Nicholas had made love to him in the shower. "He still loves..."

"How dare you talk about love?"

Adrian stopped thinking for once as he was shot by surprise. He knew who that voice belonged to and he kind of got surprised that had happened. Things were running out control that George even yelled at him. He lost his smile and quickly turned to see George sitting on the couch with his face in his palms. He saw him quickly get up and come to him. He had never seen George that angry before.

The handsome guy was no more, no go. It was just this guy who had a big expression of disapproval and hatred. He was looking like a beast and for real scared Adrian. This lie had surely got out of hand, Adrian thought as an image of George slapping him hit his brain. He quickly shut his mind and concentrated on the real George standing in front of him.

"George!"

"Don't you dare?" George yelled, his jaws shaking terribly.

"But..."

"It's my fault," George sneered. Adrian was hurt. "I shouldn't have convinced you to marry my friend. It's my entire fault and I think I deserve to be punished for inflicting such..." George trailed off as a tear fell down his cheek.

George chuckled nervously, rubbing his cheek.

"I'm the reason why he's like that." George sniffled. He couldn't even raise his eyes towards Adrian. The boy had really disappointed him a lot. He had thought that he was accused of poisoning Victoria but all the evidence pointed to him. Maybe he deserved to be punished.

"I don't even know how I can..."

"George," Adrian called, raising his face. "I have nothing to say to you. Your mind has already made a decision but all I can say is that..."

"Please," George sniveled, putting his two hands together. "If you have any sympathy left for your husband then...leave this house."

After saying that, George left the room, rushing up the stairs probably to his room or Nicholas' room. Adrian's eyes never left him though. He watched till he couldn't see him anymore. That had been really painful especially coming from someone that he loved like a brother. Now the only one he had was granny.

"Guess, George has said it all," Victoria chuckled, pointing her fingers at him. "Leave this house or I'll throw you out myself."

Adrian stared at her and he imagined slapping her in the face. Sure, she was his mother in law but there was nothing he wanted more than to slap her and make her regret ever trying that stunt on his relationship. Warning him was one thing but trying to ruin his marriage, not so cool. He was gonna have to figure a way to make her regret it.

"I won't leave this house, mother," He said, directing his eyes at her.

"Are you not even..."

"Don't you raise your voice at me, Jake?" Adrian snapped, quickly turning to face him. There was the man who made his blood boil.

"I belong here because I'm still married to Nicholas despite our current state." Adrian yelled, pointing his finger at Jake. "You, Jake, what are you doing here? As far as I'm concerned you're neither a son nor a son in law of this house." He laughed, enjoying the anger on his face.

"You only have one mission and that is to get my husband." Adrian yelled.

"Ex husband," Arianna chuckled. Seriously, she had no idea what she was saying but that made Adrian really angry. All the people, except for Jake where all his in laws but he couldn't just take what they were saying to him.

Adrian quickly moved his head slightly to the left and looked at Arianna.

"I'm still married to Nicholas," He moved his eyes to Jake and stared him angrily. "I have every right to be in this house because as a son in law of this house, I even have more rights because this house belongs to my husband."

"Well," Clara said, gripping his arm tightly. He suddenly looked at her and got angry. "I'm a daughter in law of this house and I have as much right as you so..." She smiled brightly as if teasing him. "...I will throw you out of this house myself,"

Adrian chuckled a bit. Then he twisted his arm and released it from Clara's grip. Adjusting his shirt, he slowly turned and faced Clara. Then he moved his hand to his hip as he smiled brightly. The next part was gonna be interesting.

"Then, you should know exactly what I'll do," Adrian smiled as he saw Clara's smile fade. "As a daughter in law of this house you know that I cannot leave the house. I can only leave when I'm divorced or I choose to do so. Forcing me to..."

"What will you do?" Victoria chuckled, getting closer. "Do you think you're immune or something?"

"No!" Adrian lilted, locking his eyes with Clara's. "But Clara knows what I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure she gets me."

"Well," Arianna raged, her voice rising. "You're gonna leave this house because..."

"I'll call the police," Adrian replied, dying to see the look on her face. But he just couldn't. He had his back to her.

"What?" Noah snapped, fuming at the threat. Adrian really has some nerves, Noah thought. First he tried to kill his mother, steal their wealth and now he has the effrontery to threaten them with the police, seriously.

"Yes," Adrian beamed. "That is also one of my benefits as a..."

"You really are shameless."

Adrian froze again. That was one of the people that he loved, Emily. It was clear that she was angry at him for using the police. The fact that she had just called him shameless was painful. He was really hoping she'd understand him and try to encourage him but maybe he had pushed her to her limit.

He didn't even want to turn his back to her. He couldn't bear to see her in anger.

"Why can't you just leave?" Emily yelled. "Leave us alone to forget about you and your horrible curse. You've really brought nothing but pain."

Emily stormed out of the room but that was after she hissed and left cursing. It was painful and he was gonna have to get her back sooner than soon. He couldn't bear to see her hurting or insulting him. He just couldn't bear it. He had felt so close to her but now Victoria was ruining all his relationships. Now, she's gonna have to pay for it.

"I can't believe..."

"Forget it, mom," Noah snapped, gripping his mother's shoulders. "He's nothing to us anyway. What matters is that Nicholas has seen his true colors. I hope he'll leave us soon."

"Don't worry," Victoria said confidently. "I'll make sure he leaves us very soon."

"What a shameless boy." Arianna added.

"He's the worst." Noah yelled, clenching his big fists. "I just wish I would have taken him to the police. None of this would be happening. I wish all that evidence I had would have gone to the police."

Adrian quickly turned and took a few steps towards Noah. He went in closer and stared in his eyes. Those eyes were nothing but of pure hatred and pain. That pain was surely gonna melt once Adrian proves himself innocent. That was a promise he was gonna make.

Thanks a lot, Adrian thought, his heart warming deep inside for Noah. There was no evidence to convict him and Noah never even suggested that he calls the police and bribes them. It was because of him that the mission he had come back in the house for was gonna be successful. Thanks a lot!

"You'll soon be out of this house," Victoria swore, her eyes filled with evil. "I promise you'll be out of this house within two days."

If only you knew the plans I have for you, Adrian thought, smiling with his eyes. Victoria was busy warning and promising him but did she ever think about why Adrian had come back in the house? That was a good thing too because it meant that Adrian was at an advantage. Victoria and Jake wouldn't know what was gonna happen in those two days.

"Let's go, mom," Noah said, literally pulling his mother with his arms.

Victoria took one final, angry glance at Adrian and she walked away together with her son. He was back in the house but Victoria was gonna make sure that he leaves as quickly as he came. Nothing was gonna make her plans to be ruined. If Adrian had thought that she was gonna watch him come back and ruin everything then Adrian didn't know Victoria.

Tomorrow will be another day, Victoria thought, and her hands slowly rubbing her son to soothe him. Another drama will happen in this house tomorrow and you'll leave this house for good, she gave an inward chuckled.

If I don't throw you out of this house tomorrow, then my name is not Victoria, she thought, happy at how all her plans were gonna come into action come next day. All she had to do was see her son and everything would be...finished.

"I know what you are thinking", Adrian thought, grinning as the rest of the family members left the living room. "But I also have a great surprise for you tomorrow. I'll make you pay and dance to my tunes." She laughed.

Of course he'd have told the whole family what had happened but he knew what they'd have told him without evidence. Besides, where's the fun in that?

Adrian snapped his fingers as he lost sight of all of them. He was finally back in the house and he was back with more strength than ever, more determination, more anger and more thirst to expose and deal with Victoria.

Mother in law or no mother in law, Victoria had crossed her boundaries and she was gonna have to pay for that. He didn't fear her anymore. Two...or sorry, three can play that game. If an elephant can dance, then a rabbit can do it better. The only way He'd leave the house would be...never.

"Over my dead body," Adrian whispered, snapping his fingers.

He quickly began heading to his bag before he heard it, his granny's voice. It brought so much joy and tears at the same time to him. He had missed her in those two days that he had been gone. Now that he was back he was gonna ask for her help but not currently.

"Adrian!"

Adrian quickly turned and wrapped his arms around her, sobbing as a tear feel to his cheeks. She was a sweet woman and at times she made him miss his mother a lot but she loved him a lot and he loved her. He had been blessed with a sweet family but an evil cloud was trying to take that away.

Gosh that woman could hug, Adrian thought as he felt her hand rubbing on his back. With a few sobs, whispers of, 'I love you,' and a great hand rubbing on his neck, Adrian pulled away from the hug but still held her hand.

"I missed you a lot, granny."

"I missed you more." Granny sniveled. "I thought you had left for good without..."

"No, granny," Adrian said, rubbing her hands sweetly. "I'd never leave my husband knowing that I never did anything wrong."

"Then...why'd you leave in the first place?" Granny stammered.

"I had to do something," Adrian said softly. "I needed to do something that would help me in this fight. I needed to find my courage and strength. I couldn't do it while in this type of environment. That's why I went away so that I could think clearly without anyone yelling or snapping at him." He paused, holding granny's hands. "I'm really sorry. I should have told about it you but I couldn't do it."

"I'm not mad," Granny said, smiling as she rubbed his cheeks sweetly. "I'm really proud of you. With the courage I saw back there I think you've prepared yourself. Make me wonder though," Granny said with a complete look of confusion on her face.

"What?" Adrian asked, moving his head.

"Have you finally figured out who the enemy is?"

Adrian sighed as he looked all around. Someone could be listening to him and probably ruin his plans. He had to be careful because even the walls have ears. The last thing he wanted was for someone to alert his mother in law and Jake. That would definitely ruin his plans. He had become sharper in the last two days.

"No," Adrian said, smiling.

"No!" Granny frowned.

Adrian smiled brightly. He knew the woman was really worried and confused. He was gonna get her out of her misery in a smart way.

"Granny, I missed you," Adrian giggled, extending his arms to hug her. He wrapped his arms around her tightly and brought his lips to her ears.

"Play along," Adrian whispered. "I don't want anyone to find out."

"Oh," She whispered and then chuckled. "I never thought I'd see you too."

Adrian was more than happy that she played along. There was no one he could trust in the whole house apart from granny. She had really helped him a lot, with the money and with her great love and blessings. Those three had contributed to his very self currently. He couldn't thank her more.

"I know who had framed me," He whispered as she rubbed his back and said how much she had missed the hug. "I know them very well and I know they want me out of this house as soon as possible."

Granny somehow suspected immediately Adrian said, 'them,' that he was talking about Jake and Victoria though she was not sure. Victoria couldn't have poisoned herself unless she was poisoned by Jake and she had no idea about it. That was the only explanation she could get at that time.

"May I know who that is?" Granny whispered and kissed his head telling him how much she had missed embracing him.

"I'll meet you in your room tomorrow," Adrian whispered. Granny was a great actress. She was playing along really well. "I'll explain to you everything and I'll show you whatever that I have gathered."

"Will you come and..."

"No!" Adrian whispered. "But I'll see you tomorrow. I have to prepare a few things of my own. Don't worry those culprits will pay for it."

Adrian pulled away from her, feeling her warm kisses on his head and later his hands. The woman was really lovely. Somehow those kisses were giving him some sort of energy, adding to his power and strength. Now he was ready to battle for his husband. He has to stand for love.

"Thank you!" Adrian smiled as granny let go of his hand.

She squeezed his cheeks lovingly, whispered something he couldn't hear and she left. He smiled brightly and watched her going into the elevator.

"What a sweet woman," Adrian laughed, gripping his bag from the floor.

With a final chuckle he began moving together with his bag to his destination. First he was gonna try to see if Nicholas was gonna accept him in their room and if it doesn't work...well, he'd have to choose a whole different room and stay there for some time before moving in back with his husband. Plus, he couldn't wait to see his son, Gabriel after he comes home from school.

With that in mind, Adrian pressed the elevator button and the shaft opened. He quickly entered and got nervous when he thought about what he was going to do. He literally felt his heart beating in his throat as his veins felt like they were about to break. He was hyperventilating with each thought.

He slowly moved his hands to the buttons and suddenly withdrew. His heart was telling him to give it a try but his mind was telling him to stay away from him. He felt the electric impulses travelling to the rest of his body sending shivers down his spine as his hand trembled.

Then he felt it. The elevator was moving and he didn't even press the button to Nicholas' floor. Maybe the elevator also wanted him to try, who knows...Nicholas might just let him in.

With just what felt like a flash of a second the elevator opened and surprisingly he was at Nicholas' floor. Geez his heart was pounding so hard it made him feel weak. He heard it loud and clear as it tried to rip out of his chest. There was nothing he wanted more than to get it over with.

Adrian took a deep breath, gripped the bag tightly and left the elevator for Nicholas' room. Each step he took made his heart pound even harder. He stopped for a few moments and just breathed. He needed to be calm when speaking to Nicholas or he was gonna be dismissed like a whore who was fucked by...

A whore, Adrian laughed. How the hell did that even come into his mind? Guess it was the adrenalin working its magic on him. How could he have not realized it? Damn! He'd never been nervous like that before. The adrenaline was probably laughing at him for being such a nervous fool. He needed to calm down and that's what he was gonna do.