Star Crossed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Storm62
Storm62
356 Followers

---

Alice's cabin was locked, but Dave knew more than one way of gaining access to a locked cabin. He slipped in after making sure Alice was absent, and then began to look for the offending letter. It wasn't here; it must still be at the delivery office! He turned and was about to leave when Alice came in.

"So, she sent you to talk to me did she?" She said slightly annoyed.

Dave was horrified, now he was really in trouble.

"Alice, please listen. I'm here to try and prevent a tragedy."

"Don't be so dramatic. Beth and I argue all the time; we'll get over it. We always do."

"It's not that, it's... It's something I've done. A mistake. A letter that I wrote..." He tailed off. He could see the open letter in her hand. "Have you read it Alice?" He asked in a small voice, not sure which answer was going to be better.

"It was addressed to me." Alice said,

"I know. I know that, but it was never meant to be sent. It, it was just a way to try and put you out of my mind."

"I'm not sure that I want to be put out of your mind after reading about your feelings."

"What do you mean?"

"Dave, no one has ever written such a heartfelt, beautiful letter to me. I never realised how you felt for me."

Dave looked down. It was going to be difficult but he was going to have to say the words.

"Alice, I'm really sorry. I find it hard to talk to women, but it's always been easy to write what I feel, especially if I have a drink. And last night everything just flowed. I've never written so much at once before." He stopped, not knowing what to say next.

"Why didn't you say anything? All that time we could have been together and you wasted it!" Alice accused.

Dave was a little shocked to hear the bitterness in her voice and then he knew why.

"Why didn't you say anything to me either, Alice?" He asked quietly.

"Oh, well, it seemed wrong. At first I thought you and Beth had something going, and then I was embarrassed about thinking that, and then you were hardly speaking to me and..." She tailed off when she saw the look on his face.

"Me and the Captain? But... but she's the captain."

"I figured that out and then asked her about you."

"Why?"

"Well I thought maybe you were not interested in women."

"I don't give that impression do I?" Dave asked worriedly.

"No, you don't, but my usual charms didn't seem to be working so I thought I'd ask Beth."

"You asked the Captain that?" Dave was appalled at the thought.

"Yes, she thought it was funny."

"I think I'd better go and hand this over for a third time." He sighed, taking his resignation out yet again. It was starting to look a little worn. Alice snatched it out of his hands and tore it up. Then she took his head in her hands and pulled him to her, kissing him like her life depended on it. Dave started to pull away, but gave in to his feelings. He spoke as they parted. "The Boss warned me about you, and I warn all my team about falling in love with passengers, and here I am, disregarding every piece of advice, every sensible rule, and do you know, I don't care anymore."

"You are a straight-laced over-romantic nut, aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm afraid I am."

"What are we going to do now?" Alice asked him, a sparkle of mischief in her eyes. He stopped to think, and put his arm around her, kissing her on the cheek.

"Well." Dave said slowly. "We could always ask the Captain if she could marry us..."

Storm62
Storm62
356 Followers
12