Status Ch. 00: Intro

Story Info
Desperation often leads to Foolishness.
1.6k words
4.43
3.9k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello, my loves! This is the first chapter to my new possible story, "Status". It takes place in the same universe and country as Possessions, but is based in a different keep.

This particular chapter is just an intro, with no erotica in it, but the story will start to pick up in the next few chapters and we will get to the "good parts"! Let me know if you'd like me to continue, or move onto something else. :)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The men ambled around the fire, eating large plates of the meat roasting over it. Another large portion sat some distance away, safe from the risk of being overcooked by the residual heat. There was more than enough meat for each man to have his fill and there would most likely still be a good portion left over, and that said something about the game they had caught. Such bounties were rare aboveground. Unfortunately, it also said something about the men's skill. Such skill did not bode well for her.

Each man sitting around the fire eating was large. Each was muscled. Each was armed. Most importantly, though, each was trained. These men knew combat. They would know how to work together to trap her and take her alive. They would also each individually know how to strike to destroy her and leave her corpse to rot.

Questions rolled around in her head, causing her to hesitate, to second guess her plan. Was she capable of doing this? Did she have the patience to wait for the food to make them bloated and lazy? Did she have the strength to wait? Did she have the skill to creep in and do what needed to be done? Or would she be caught? What would happen if she was caught? Would they hurt her? Rape her? Kill her? She had no idea. The possibilities should have dissuaded her, instead they only renewed her determination not to be caught.

The men were from the Keeps, beneath the ground. They only came above ground to travel when it was absolutely necessary. There were tunnels between the keeps, so the citizens could avoid the blistering sun, but those tunnels were restricted to citizens of this country. People like her, foreigners, were forced to travel over the land, above ground. They got used to the early morning sun. The men would be forced into their tents as soon as the sun began to rise, but she would still have about an hour to do what she needed and find shelter.

She just had to wait.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Captain Amtil looked around the camp, scanned the area outside of it. He was uneasy, but didn't know why. They had traveled far the previous night before stopping to make camp. His men had hunted, brought back bountiful game, and were now filling their bellies. There would be enough food. The tents were already set up. They would be protected from the burning rays of the sun. Anyone and anything would be forced to be seeking shelter so close to sunrise. There was no obvious reason for this uneasiness.

What was it? What was setting off his instincts?

He only had a small company with him, twelve men. They were moving supplies to another keep to help dig out a portion of tunnel that had collapsed. Not enough men to fend off an attack. But there was no evidence of an eminent attack.

When the men finally became tired and started disappearing into their tents, each bringing portions of meat to see them through the next day, it took only minutes for the camp to appear deserted. With only a few moments before sun rise, he stepped into his tent, scanning the area around the tents one least time before securing the layers of flaps closed.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

She silently counted to five hundred after the last man disappeared into a tent. The way he had scanned the area the camp, she thought that he might know she was there. But he never came outside of the ring of tents, never called the men to arms. He only looked at his surroundings.

Quietly, slowly, she crept forward, stopping every few meters, hiding behind anything that would block her form should one of the men unexpectedly came back out. Once she was inside of the circle of tents, she found herself holding her breath, scared that if she even breathed one of the men would hear her and destroy her chance at success.

Finally, after what seemed like eternity, she reached the fire at the center of the circle of tents, and the warriors inside of them. She did it. She made it.

As much as she wanted to silently celebrate her success, she realized that she only had a few minutes before she would have to leave, to run to find shelter. She reached out, her hand shaking with nervousness and excitement.

It was so close...

Finally, her hand closed around a portion of meat. Still shaking, she ripped it from the hunk and immediately brought it to her mouth.

Food! It had been weeks since she had had a proper meal. Weeks since she had been given anything but scraps. Weeks since she had been treated as anything but an errant bitch that was a waste of time, space, and food. But now, here, there was plenty of food, and nobody snatching it from her hands, or throwing in on the floor to laugh as she crawled after it.

The meat would be wasted when the men woke, burnt by the blistering hot sun, inedible. They would never even notice the portion she was eating missing. With the realization, she suddenly became ravenous, stuffing more into her mouth.

A soft clicking made her pause, terror gripping her. Her first thought was that in her gluttony, she hadn't noticed one of the men returning. She expected rough hands to grip her, to inflict the pain that was a constant in her miserable life. She was confused when it didn't happen.

She turned in a circle, trying to find the source, but saw nothing. The clicking continued. Sometimes it seemed random, other times it seemed to follow a pattern. It never got louder, never got softer. Creeping around the fire, she finally decided that the sound was coming from one of the tents. Perhaps they were cleaning their weapons or armor, preparing for the next leg of the trip. That was good. If the men were used to each other making noise, they wouldn't become suspicious if she slipped up.

She returned to the food, grasping another handful. This time she ate slower, determined to be quieter now, more alert, determined to enjoy the luxury she had been so long denied. She closed her eyes, savoring the taste of meat.

A twig snapped behind her. Close. Too close. She spun around, absolute panic making her freeze.

A large man stood there looking at her with confusion written plainly across his face, and concern in his overly expressive grey eyes. She recognized him as the last man who had gone into the tents. He spoke in a language she didn't understand. His voice was smooth, almost gentle. It was that soft voice that made her start to think, to realize that she couldn't just stand there. She'd learned not to trust such a voice.

She shuffled her feet, trying to back away from him. If she had just enough room between them, if she moved suddenly enough, he may be shocked at her audacity. She may be able to out run him. She just needed to put enough distance between them so that...

Her back collided with a warm, solid surface that hadn't been there moments ago. She jerked away, spinning to see what blocked her path. In her terror, she miscalculated the distance to the fire pit, shrieking her pain as the hot coals singed the bottom of her foot. That catalyst was the last thing her frazzled mind needed to force her into action.

Heedless of the throbbing in the sole of her foot, she turned to flee the men now surrounding her. She hadn't noticed. They had been silent until they were in their positions around her. She made it a few steps before strong arms circled her waist, lifting her from the ground. She twisted her body, trying to make the man drop her. When that didn't work, she kicked her legs as hard she could, and was rewarded with a grunt of pain. But she was still pinned against a hard body that was twice as large and many times stronger than her own. She wasn't going to be able to get away.

The realization made panic override any rational thought. She screamed, scratched, clawed, kicked, anything. She was vaguely aware of more voices around her, but didn't recognize the language. More hands gripped her flailing limbs, pinned her to the ground.

The gentle face with silvery grey eyes reappeared before her. One hand slid behind her head, uncaring of her tangled hair. His other hand cupped her cheek. He spoke again, over and over, seeming to try different languages. She understood none of them, as she only spoke her own.

All she could manage to think was that with his hands in the positions they were in, and his undeniable strength, he could easily snap her neck. In a last act of desperation, she turned her head and sunk her teeth into whatever flesh she found there. She felt both of his hands pull away and the next words he spoke were clipped and harsh. She began to again thrash, trying desperately to free herself from the hands holding her, pinning her.

When that same face appeared once again, instinct took over, and she tried to throw herself away from him, but only managed to slam herself back against the ground. A sharp pain in the back of her scull registered as the man's image began to blur.

She sank happily into the darkness, her last though that they wouldn't have the opportunity to rape her.