Still Faithful, Always Pt. 02

Story Info
A year of all characters living life
21.4k words
2.98
13.5k
13

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/24/2022
Created 02/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers

Author Notes: This is the second part of Still Faithful, Always the sequel to Always Faithful published here on Literotica in the Novels and Novellas category. Still Faithful, Always will be listed under Loving Wives. With this part half of the story is complete and posted.

Part Two deals with random life activities in Charlotte and in San Francisco of the main characters, Laura, husband Dan and lover Greg. There is also significant activity between Dan and the other two women in his life Artsy and Mrs. Patron. As a personal aside I think Chapter six is the pinnacle of my writing to date. It should not be necessary to read Always Faithful for Still Faithful, Always to make sense to the reader. For those with tender sensibilities please be aware that this story does depict sex activity between those not legally married to one another. It is a Loving Wives story.

Still Faithful, Always

Part Two, Chapters 4 - 6

By BobNbobbi

Chapter 4 – Business and Romance

With body still keeping Eastern time Laura was awake in bed waiting for her alarm clock to give permission, no not permission, foul noise buzz mandate - GET OUT OF BED NOW. In the shower she scrubbed clean but the marks of last night's passion remained all about her body. Her fingers traced around the love bites on each breast; she could see Greg's finger prints still on her left arm. She looked down between her legs and saw her inner thighs bore signs of their sex. Laura grinned as she touched each mark Greg left. Oh yes, we still know how to make furious love, don't we. It shows on me. I wonder what his body looks like this morning. Looking at her finger tips, Laura was surprised she hadn't torn any nails off on her lover's skin.

As water poured over skin, Laura announced her love for Greg and then she thought back to her husband Dan's trigger words: "Do you want more . . . Your other ring is in Artsy's box. Take it with you."

Both Laura and Dan understood that Saturday morning question referred to much more than filling her glass once again with champagne. A plane ride, a telephone conversation, a romantic dinner, and a night of making love with Greg brought home how much more Laura wanted in her life.

Laura held her hands toward the shower head as if to catch the water; her thanks she spoke aloud. "Wonderful husband Dan you perfect man, you are perfect for me. Thank you for knowing me so well. Thank you for wanting my happiness. This time I will try to be more worthy."

Laura turned the knobs ending her shower. She toweled her body dry and then her hair. Okay girl, forget about last night with Greg; forget about Dan and his role. It's time for you to turn into Laura, Voting Member, Board of Directors of Business Lady Incorporated. It's time for some breakfast and then dress and get to work.

In her kitchen, Laura poured coffee and a glass of juice as well; toasting a bagel and slicing a grapefruit finished breakfast preparation. She sat at the small table and ate in silence thinking about today's meeting. One of the main items for discussion was going to be business expansion. Finding and developing new markets was Laura's special interest. "I want to get an early start today," she said aloud to no one.

Laura called the concierge as she cleaned up her breakfast residue. "I won't need my car today. Could you have a taxi for me at eight o'clock? Thank you, I appreciate all you do for me Francisco." Laura hung up from concierge and returned to bedroom to dress for work. I couldn't function here without my concierge, she thought, I guess the thousand dollar check I give him every year at Christmas lets him know just how much I really do appreciate his service.

- -

Laura was in her office by eight-thirty. Following her usual routine she greeted the early workers in the marketing department individually. In spite of her position in the company, Laura tried to fit in as one of the gang working up-to-elbows with everyone else for the increased profit of Business Lady. She saw the Director of Marketing stop at the coffee pot for a cup on arriving. Laura filled her cup and followed him.

"Good morning, Stan, could we do the normal routine at nine-thirty? Everyone should be in by then, don't you think?"

"Sure thing Laura, you could call the meeting you know, you're top dog in the office today."

"No, I may be on the board but you are Director, I know and respect you for what you are and your position. I just like to have a good idea of what ideas are floating through everyone's head so I can be the most effective board member I can be. It's important to me Stan."

All eight members of the marketing staff gathered in their small conference room. Laura led off explaining about the board meeting and asking for input, "What has everyone been thinking about new market ideas?" Laura pointed to the junior new hire, "Helen, you kick this off; I am just going to listen."

Discussion among the group was lively; Laura only spoke to ask questions when she needed more clarification or information. About ten minutes into the brainstorm session, Hector Grenada threw out a comment that Laura thought might have potential. "There's a lot of new money and new business growth south of the border. Maybe we should have a Latin American Division."

The meeting continued for another ten minutes before Laura cut things off.

"Thanks Stan, I've used up enough of most everybody's day. We can all get back to work guys. Hector, I think your Latin American idea has some merit, I'll see what some of the other board members think."

Laura pointed to Hector and Liaison but she spoke to Stan as boss, "I'd like to have Hector dig up some key numbers on this South American idea of his between now and lunch time. If he can get some numbers and feed them to Liaison, she knows how to put them together so I can use them for the board."

Turning to Hector she told him, "Just give me high level rough and dirty; don't get bogged down in details and reasoning."

Laura finalized her request to Stan, "Only 'till lunch time, Stan, I hope that will be okay?" Laura knew in advance that her boss this morning would not object since Laura would be senior this afternoon. Laura kept alert to the anomalous relationship and constantly made her best effort that she was never the cause of any potential conflict.

- -

Laura and the President rode in the BL limo to the Mark Hopkins Hotel in time to greet the out of town directors before the meeting began at one. In her briefcase Laura had folders with two simple handouts for the board; first was a single sheet outline of the size of the potential market and the second a very high level marketing plan. She hadn't mentioned the South American idea to anyone outside of her own department, not even President as they rode in their limo. She wanted surprise on her terms and her timing.

Laura saw her opportunity for a dramatic proposal when CFO began walking through some charts that indicated a softening in market growth. He attributed the softening to saturation and suggested a public relations response to control perception among investors. Several of the outside directors objected to what they called a strictly cosmetic approach to a management situation.

"I've got an idea to present that is more than cosmetic," Laura broke into the discussion. She waited until everyone focused on her alone, and then made everyone wait a feminine moment longer as she extracted the handouts from her briefcase.

"One of the junior members of our staff, Hector Grenada, suggested a Latin American Division for Business Lady. He pointed out the tremendous growth that oil money and general modernization has built to our south."

Laura read the big picture numbers that indicated the size of the market as she handed over the single sheet market potential paper. "I asked our marketing staff to give me some quick and dirty numbers we can look at today."

"Yes, this is more like it," the director who was most critical of glossing over the negative trend line. Another of the outside directors thanked Laura specifically and said some very nice things about the quality of people working for Business Lady.

"I will tell Hector and Liaison, she helped him work up these planning sheets, that the Board appreciates their work." Laura passed around her second handout. "Here is an outline of their marketing plan. You can see they recommend creating a new division in BL and beginning our efforts in three countries: Mexico because it is close, Venezuela because of their oil revenue and socialist political agenda, and Brazil because of the size and diversity of their economy."

Talk among the directors was quite lively. Laura had indeed achieved her goal of dominating the meeting with a new marketing idea. She saw that President cast an annoyed eye her way; she was sure he thought she should have clued him in ahead of time. I'll invite he and his wife to dinner tomorrow, maybe a few others too. His wife and I always get along famously. He'll get over his pissed off. He knows I am passing on credit to staff; I don't try to hog the glory. I just want to present ideas in a way that they become winning ideas.

In fact, President did get over his pissed off the next evening in Laura's living room when his wife thanked Laura profusely for her Latin American idea. "I've always wanted a reason for my husband to take me to Rio de Janeiro for Carnival and now he will have no excuse at all to resist." Laura got a sincere hug and cheek kiss as reward.

The small dinner party Laura quickly ginned up had as guest list President and his wife, CFO and his wife too, and her best bud friend Liaison and her now husband Sig. Laura, busy with board meetings, called her ace-in-the-hole concierge, Francisco. "I am having a small get together for six guests tomorrow after work, cocktails, light snacks and then a nice sit down dinner. Can you have it ready for me for say six o'clock?" Leaving worries such as an instant dinner party in the trusted hands of Francisco knowing the arrangements would be absolutely perfect was another reason he always received a very nice Christmas check. She had given Francisco authority to purchase whatever Laura might need years ago. He kept a credit card in Laura's name and used only for whatever she needed in the way of food, furnishings and decorations for her San Francisco home.

- -

"Thank you for coming tonight everyone, and thank you for bringing your better halves. Our agenda includes a minimum of business talk and a maximum of socializing. Got that everyone?"

"While I am serving drinks for each of you I am going to lead off the first topic of social discussion, husbands treating their wives as women deserve to be treated." Laura smiled making obvious that whatever followed would be outrageous; she turned her attention to Liaison's husband Sig. "When I asked my best bud Liaison for a romantic restaurant recommendation, some place I could take a very dear friend to celebrate his fiftieth birthday, she had to ask another lady. She told me Sig since she said I do, you say I don't when it comes to romantic restaurants. Shame on you!"

Sig sputtered but was pretty much speechless; his wife tittered amused at her husband's confusion. The other men called out words of male support as their wives joined in with a general attack on males of the species. Soon enough laughter spread and Laura's desire to find a common ice breaker for tonight's party succeeded. She went to Sig and kissed his cheek while winking at girlfriend.

As Liaison started on her second drink her tongue loosened. "Laura, since you brought up the restaurant subject, may I ask how your romantic rendezvous came off?"

Now Laura had to pause: should she answer, is this the time and the audience to announce Greg? She decided to forge on. "I guess I will answer your curiosity girlfriend. Perfect, delightful, romantic, renewing, in the end fulfilling - all would be descriptive." Laura looked to the senior two couples. "Liaison knows who I took to dinner, why and what our relationship has been like in the past."

Speaking to President, CFO and their wives Laura explained further. "You have all met my husband Dan; he is the love of my life and has been since we met. Ten years ago I began a very committed affair with the man who was then my boss at the law firm; his name is Greg." Laura paused deciding how far to take her explanation. "My affair lasted four years; it was very intense. Looking back, I am surprised Dan accepted my behavior. He came close. At times he did not accept; he came close to throwing me overboard." Laura paused again, "Excuse me please," and she left to her bedroom.

All of the women assumed Laura needed a moment to regain composure and dry her eyes. They knew they would after making such an admission. CFO and his wife gave each other an intense look that Liaison noticed. Husband and wife said nothing; Liaison said nothing. Laura returned with left hand in a lightly closed fist holding the small blue jewelers box.

Laura opened the box handing it to Mrs. President. "That ring is what ended my affair after four years. Everything that ring stands for shocked my psyche, shocked Laura as Laura-married-to-Dan."

Mrs. President noted the size, cut and quality of the diamond set in a style she had never seen; she passed the ring along to Mrs. CFO who studied the ring and stone carefully. Mrs. CFO lifted it from its box and held it close to her left hand finger before returning it to box and passing on to Liaison. Liaison knew about the ring but she had never seen it; certainly she never saw Laura wear this ring. She wanted to be sure. "You wore this ring three weeks, this is the one?"

"I wore that ring alone on this finger for three weeks and then it went back into the box. Greg left the firm and moved cross country to join a practice out here, in San Jose. I never looked at the ring again until last Saturday. I never thought of Greg - not Greg, or Laura with Greg - until last Saturday. For six years I never spoke with him until Monday and not once saw him until Tuesday evening. It has been an intense week for me."

President's wife asked, "He waited?"

"Did you ask him either put it on or take it back Tuesday when you took him to dinner?"

"I gave him my hand."

"Did he consummate?"

"Yes, oh yes he did, we did."

Laura clearly understood the double-entendre in Mrs. President's question. All three of her women guests followed the conversation immediately. The men nodded their understanding at personal intervals.

"I want to shift our topic just a little, still on me and my lover but more frivolous. Let me fix drinks for all while Liaison sets up my slide projector. Will you girlfriend?"

Laura began her slide show. "I am the star of this series of pictures. These are the PG to mild R rated ones. I don't think any of you should be too embarrassed. You men do understand that we ladies like to wear pretty lingerie at times, don't you? Isn't that why we started our lingerie line at Business Lady?" She went on to explain that Greg first requested, finally demanded and threatened, this photo shoot for months before Laura agreed. "He wanted me as his desktop Playboy centerfold model."

Laura slowly clicked through a dozen or so slides. In all but the final slide Laura's intimate parts were covered in bra and panties at least. The slides she projected would all be considered cheesecake art. She did not feel in the least bit uncomfortable knowing these men she worked with, also the wives, were viewing intimate photographs. The slide show pictured a very confident and attractive woman moving from front door setting to her desk, to Greg's office and finally to a conference room posing pin-up style. Laura acknowledged the several compliments she received.

"This last slide would have a higher R rating. All I am wearing is a veil; it's my wedding veil." Laura heard gasps from the older women and either President or CFO, she didn't catch which one, was shocked at Laura posing for lover wearing wedding attire. The long veil flowed down Laura's naked back and covered her rump. Laura was looking back over her shoulder with a smile. The swell of a breast hanging down was bared to the camera lens and the veil only clouded the naked image of her back. Laura was a very attractive woman and the photograph displayed her sensual quality well. Laura left the image projected on the wall as she returned attention to general conversation.

"Does anyone need one last drink to cool off after those hot sexy photographs?"

"I'll fix the drinks, Laura; I hope you aren't you going to show any of the X slides. I don't want Sig to have a stroke." Liaison turned away to avoid the visual daggers she knew were coming.

Laura simply smiled she nodded her head letting others know there were such photographs. "Greg will be my escort to any future company events that require a date." Legitimizing her lover to BL hierarchy was the single purpose in showing the sexy slide show to this audience. As far as Laura was concerned - objective realized. Her dinner party ended after the final round of drinks Liaison served.

- -

The Board of Directors Meeting ended at one o'clock Friday. Laura asked President for a few minutes of his time before returning to the office. He agreed and suggested the Mark Hopkins lobby bar instead of the coffee shop Laura offered. Laura wanted to make sure that her talking so frankly about her affair with Greg and the erotic slide show were not considered offensive or embarrassing.

"On the contrary, my wife was quite appreciative. We had excitement when we got home the way we did as newlyweds. I might see if she wants to pose for some private photographs." Laura laughed.

"Unless you object, Sir, I think I will call it a day. I want to call Dan before he gets started on his weekend activities. I am going to stay over; I'll see you Monday and probably Tuesday as well."

Laura hugged her concierge on the way to her apartment as thank you for his help with the dinner party. She also informed him she would have a male guest that evening. By quarter to three she was showered and wearing casual slacks and top with a glass of white wine. Her mind did the time zone gymnastics and decided Dan should be home by now. She dialed.

"Hi Baby, how are you, I love you, I miss you." Laura covered what she considered her essentials first, expressing her love for her husband. Next she gave her husband her coming home plans; she would leave Tuesday mid-day and arrive that evening, but late. "I should be home for a good night kiss, Baby." Dan tried to steer the phone conversation to Greg but Laura thought that should wrap their call and not lead. "I did come up with a hot marketing idea for the board, well I pushed an idea of one of the younger guys developed and I did give him all the credit."

Finally Laura was ready to cover what she was sure Dan considered the important topic of conversation. Her side of the phone call consisted of facts with no hint of her emotions.

"Yes Baby, I did call Greg and took him to a romantic restaurant for his birthday."

"Yes Baby, I did wear his rings, both of them."

"Yes Baby, we did return to his home after dinner and I did have sex with Greg."

"No Baby, I didn't sleep over; I came home and slept alone in my bed."

"I did dream a little but I was tired. My dreams were fuzzy, not clear at all."

"Of course, Dan, my Baby, Greg is coming here tonight and he will spend the night."

"I hope he stays until Sunday."

"No Baby, I am not wearing that ring right now, not at the board meetings."

"Oh, you want me to leave it on after he puts it on my finger today; tell me why Baby?"

BobNbobbi
BobNbobbi
282 Followers